Aon Employee Reviews in Canada

Productive and Fun work life
HR Representative (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 16, 2016
When working with Aon, I deal with people who work for the banks. I help people with leaves of absences, policy clarification, who to contact when work issues arise for that employee.
The management with Aon Hewitt is fantastic. We have a great team of people. I would say the most dificult to work with is when I am speaking with an employee and trying to be careful with empathy. It is difficult to seperate yourself from that person at times when they are going through tough time. IE: personal, work etc.
The most enjoyable for me is the interaction I have with all people everyday. I am a workhorse but do like making people smile.
Pros
Work Events and charities
Cons
Not over empathizing with issues employees have.
Great Salary
Receptionist / Shared Services (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QCApril 4, 2016
This company is now closed - bought by Honeywell
It was a great place to work with very innovative people - the salary was amazing too.

Vacation 2 weeks upon arrival

We used to get bonuses but that came to a halt when we were bought by Bacou-Dalloz
Pros
Location downtown
Cons
Bought by a very large company
day work
Human Resources Associate (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONOctober 6, 2015
I’ve had the opportunity to work for Aon Hewitt for almost Four year. As we are aware, CIBC outsources Human Resources functions to Aon Hewitt. At Aon Hewitt, my job duties require me to handle incoming calls and communicate through a means of email correspondence with CIBC managers, directors, and executives. Furthermore, I also provide administrative support to our CIBC HR consultants with any inquiries they have regarding human resources policies, running reports in myHR or myTime, or simply assisting with transactions in either of these systems. At Aon Hewitt, I use the People Soft software to access any specific employee data, as well as, CIBC & Me to provide any additional support. This job has really allowed me to gain a great working knowledge of CIBC’s business activities and organization structure.
great place to work
Customer Service Representative II (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONFebruary 29, 2016
Really enjoyed working here as the company has an excellent work live balance and great benefits package. The people are lovely to work with
Developed my communcationand customer service skils
Bilingual Human Resources Support Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONSeptember 24, 2015
I developed my customer service and customer service skills . I enjoyed assisting customers with their questions. Sometimes, it can be really stressful when we have high volume of calls and have to manage resolutions and other administrative duties. Overall, I had a good experience
Pros
Working with team members
productive
Bilingual Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONDecember 11, 2015
very productive environment where you learn problem solving . Management not really ready to help but you develop sens of work independently.
Inclusive and Engaging
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BCSeptember 14, 2015
Supportive management and colleagues.

Great Benefits and flexible schedules

Good perks and great place for growth.

Most enjoyable is working with all different types of backgrounds.
Pros
Good work hours
Cons
Resources for admins
Productive and fun workplace
Accountant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONSeptember 9, 2015
Can be fun sometimes working along with team mates and learning from them.
Like all company there are the red tape and politics.
Account Coordinator Paper Pusher
Account Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SaskatchewanMarch 26, 2015
I was hired on as the Account Coordinator having over 10 years experience in the insurance industry and have my CAIB designation. The brokers above me just obtained their designations that year and I'm sitting folding boxes filling dead files. My skills were not utilized at all! And what's funny...they still haven't filled my position.
Pros
the wage
Cons
No management skills...no direction...nothing to do
Productive, professional and an EXCELLENT place to work.
Recruitment Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJune 10, 2015
I thoroughly enjoyed working at Aon! A typical day at work included meeting with different stakeholders, IT onboarding processes, coordinating interviews, attending meetings and taking part in special projects regarding talent acquisition.

The management and co-workers were amongst the best group I have ever worked with. My manager was extremely present, proactive and a great leader. I also made great long term friendships with the co-workers I met there.

The most enjoyable part of the role was the work life balance factor – I absolutely loved that I was able to work from home which made it easy for me during my multiple doctor appointments. The hardest part of the job, (if I had to choose) could be that my manager was in another country but she made it very apparent that she was present and there for our team.
Pros
Work/Life Balance, Working from home, Great team, Great location
Cons
IT was difficult to assist with issues, Moving up & Contracts
Bad place to work
Bilingual H.R. Specialist (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJune 22, 2015
Very poor management - poor supervisor - no work ethics - was not willing to allow time for new hires to understand the software
Pros
Cons
everything
Nice Place to work
Associate (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCMay 18, 2015
Continous Night shifts
Management and co-workers are excellent to work along
Work life balance maintained
Talent is recognised and rewarded efficiently
Pros
Very Nice work culture
Cons
No cons
Excellent workplace with wonderful people
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONDecember 31, 2014
I loved working with Aon Hewitt. Excellent working conditions, great staff and working environment. The most enjoyable part of the job was to help people, and carefully tailor the coverage plans to their needs, helping them choose what suited them better.
Pros
relaxed, productive atmosphere
Great atmosphere
QC (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCJune 5, 2015
Unfortunately, I was given a permanent position, Management did not have the courage to liberally speak their opinion.
Pros
Liberty
Cons
ill managed
Horrible Work Place.
Service Delivery Specialist (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONOctober 27, 2014
Terrible bosses, a culture of blatant favoritism. There is no organisation, mass confusion. Zero support from upper management. Customer Service Associates are underpaid and overworked. I worked at their Sheppard and Yonge Toronto Canada location. It is the equivalent of a sweat shop. I would NEVER recommend anyone to work at Aon Hewitt.
Pros
there is none.
Cons
too many to mention, horrible bosses, no support
productive and fun place
CIBC Human Resources Representative (Current Employee) –  Toronto OnNovember 6, 2014
a typical day at work is, come in, sign up, and start taking and making calls, checking emails and responding to emails too.

What i learned are the duties of an HR.. answering trouble shooting calls, payroll, retirement, benefits and more.

The hardest thing is storing all the tone of information. The most enjoyable part of the job is the job is customer satisfaction.
Job Review Assessment
Sales and Service (Former Employee) –  EdmontonOctober 2, 2014
I agree with several others. This is a below average company. It is top heavy with inexperienced managers who got the role due to service years and not experience clearly. Unable to assist new hires. Openly discuss office problems with other staff. Reminded me of a MLM company; definitely a good place for newbies, not people looking for a career unless you want to brown nose to get places.
Pros
my last day.
Cons
no free lunches, inexperienced managers, no office support. managers openly discussed their hr problems without privacy. liked verbal abuse.
productive
Représentant au service à la clientèle (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QuébecMarch 27, 2015
never worked at call center before and loved the experience will look for work in a call center again definately. inbound call centre made it less stressful
Productive and fun workplace with very nice people
HUMAN RESOURCES DATA ANALYST (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONAugust 13, 2014
Translate business requirement into technical specification
Perform data manipulation (including coding, cleaning, and merging of data) and conduct statistical data analysis for various types of requests.
Prepare reports (creating charts and tables, using MS Excel and Access) as requested by internal / external clients
Conduct ad hoc analysis as requested by internal / external clients.
Provide support to clients, as required
Automate the production reports using different tools and methodologis to enable quicker production, greater consistency and lower error rate
Identify opportunities to streamline standardize and automate i
Proficient in Microsoft Excel and other productivity tools.
Productive Workplace with great benefits
Financial Specialist (Project Administrator) (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 14, 2014
A typical day for me is usually very busy and filled with deadlines so time is managed very carefully
My co-workers are co-operative, professional and friendly.
I don't try to think of what the hardest part of my job is - because I am results oriented and solutions driven.
The most enjoyable part of the job is the satisfaction of seeing positive results after working on projects, be it small or large. The figures speak volumes.
Pros
great company with good benefits and friendly staff
Cons
long hours without compensation or appreciation of talents