Aon

Aon Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Productive Workplace with great benefits
Financial Specialist (Project Administrator) (Former Employee), Toronto, ONApril 14, 2014
Pros: great company with good benefits and friendly staff
Cons: long hours without compensation or appreciation of talents
A typical day for me is usually very busy and filled with deadlines so time is managed very carefully
My co-workers are co-operative, professional and friendly.
I don't try to think of what the hardest part of my job is - because I am results oriented and solutions driven.
The most enjoyable part of the job is the satisfaction of seeing positive results – more... after working on projects, be it small or large. The figures speak volumes. – less
Nice to company to work in
Assistant Manager - IT (Current Employee), Gurgaon, HRMarch 15, 2014
Pros: management
Cons: long hours
If I get a chance to work in the same company in Canada, I will feel blessed.
AON Review
HR Benefits Operations Administrator (Former Employee), North York, ONMarch 2, 2014
Pros – Depending on which department you're working, it can be a hit or miss overall working experience. Overall reviews:
- good vacation time (3 weeks plus additional purchase vacation days if needed)
- good health and dental benefits
- flex hours
- work life balance (depending on your role)
- 35 hour work week - will increase to 37.5 in 2014

Cons – more... – When the company was Hewitt Associates, the upper management was more caring and open to their employees. After AON took over, the culture is slowly but surely becoming way more toxic and secretive. Upper management does not care about its employees, only bottom line is important (they treat you as numbers, nothing else)
Aside from that, the negatives:
- paltry pay increase
- incompetent managers
- declining employee morale – less
People influence work environment
Pension Specialist/Administrator (Former Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 28, 2014
I worked for Hewitt Associates before Aon Merged with Hewitt. It is an awesome company to work for. I have heard from former colleages that the merges caused positive changes.
Unfair Employer Aon Hewitt Consulting
Project Analyst (Former Employee), Toronto, OnJanuary 22, 2014
Cons: unfair management and favourite groups
Don't ever think of working here. The worst employee. Management is biased and favoritism thrives. There is no room for a hardworking honest employee. Its is a sneaky scary place
Staff turnover in all depts is unbelievable
insurance company
Customer service Adviser for Participant Benefits (Former Employee), MontrealJanuary 16, 2014
I was working from 9-5,monday to friday. I learned everything about insurance company.My co-working were amazing and very friendly.The hardest part is when the client is angry for no reason. the most enjoyable part was when the client was satisfied. It was located in Montreal Downtown.
Easy going place to work
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Cornwall, ONDecember 13, 2013
Pros: friendly quiet atmosphere
Cons: part time work
Answer telephone inquiries, place orders and assist with typing out forms and letters.
Excellent Company for Students and Graduates
Benefits Analyst (Current Employee), TorontoNovember 18, 2013
Pros: tons of opportunities
Cons: the pay, work-life balance
As a Benefits Analyst, I administer the Benefits for more than 12,000 employees (3 major clients) from a benefits and payroll perspective. My day consist of working anywhere between 8-10 hours per day.
Challenging and fun place to work
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee), TorontoNovember 1, 2013
Challenging and fun place to work. Good shift work options.
Crazy busy place
SENIOR PROJECT MANAGER, CONSULTING TECHNOLOGY (Former Employee), Toronto, ONOctober 31, 2013
Not a great experience at this company. Long hours, morning and evening calls with the team in India, not enough people to do the work.
Productive and fun place to work
Software Test Engineer (Former Employee), Stockholm, SwedenOctober 31, 2013
Pros: work life balance
Work Force management system company
work life balance
Fun place to work
Decent experience, Bad Work/Life Balance
Pensions Analyst (Former Employee), Toronto, ONOctober 15, 2013
Decent experience, Bad Work/Life Balance, Horrible people wiuth bad attitudes and yelling at you for simple stuff
Great learning experience
Account Representative (Former Employee), Roseville, CAAugust 21, 2013
AON taught me a lot about account management and how best to utilize my time and management skills. I learned how to assist our clients to allow for open dialogue and quick resolution of any issues with their coverage.
Mail Room Clerk (Former Employee), Toronto, ONAugust 1, 2013
Pros: supervisors need more experience dealing with more respect for their subordinates
Cons: good co-workers
I always done my job done before a deadline.
I have achive a lot of learning with different companies and reach my goals at the end of the day by using positive team work for the department...My co-workers have helped me understand every day to a know task or assignment and to achieve the deadline for the task or assignment..
Overall decent
Bilingual Client Support Coordinator (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJuly 25, 2013
I worked there before they went public. The atmosphere was great then. I heard it has become a lot more corporate when they went public.
Management is great. However, the work was extremely repetitive and mindless.
Good environment work place
EXCEL AND ACCESS SUPPORT (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJuly 11, 2013
Pros: nice location
Cons: no cons
Very busy company but sending lot of work to offshore.
Lof of nice people.
Great Place To Work
Lead Sourcing Specialist (Current Employee), TorontoMarch 15, 2013
Love Aon, Great place to work and great people. Would recommend Aon to anyone I know.

Thanks,
Expect employees to exchange their life for the job
Middle manager (Current Employee), Sheppard, TorontoMarch 12, 2013
Cons: too many to list
Little to no support for new members
Expect no compensation increase unless prepared to work 24/7
No management suppot
No team building
No education reimbursement except for very specific courses
HR is non-existent
More and more of the business is handled by India, and thus treats the Canadian employees like they're in India
No overtime pay

Don't Walk, – more... Run as far away from this company as possible! – less
Fast Pasted Environment
Benefits Operations Manager (Current Employee), TorontoFebruary 15, 2013
Pros: great colleagues
Cons: intense
Great place to start and work on a solid career, a very fast paced intense working environment.
An interesting work place with chances to grow
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee), Montréal, QCFebruary 7, 2013
Pros: flexible shedules
Cons: doing one and the same thing over and over again became boring at one point
It was always exciting to go to work each day because of the friendly environment that reigned at work. The supervisors where always down to earth and ready to help, and co- workers where almost like a family, with everyone being so friendly. It was the first time I was working in the sector of insurances and I learned a great deal of new things. The – more... most enjoyably part of the job was the flexibility in the schedules; and the hardest part of the job was the pressure from supervisors to meet timelines. – less

1 2 3 4 5

About Aon

Aon plc is a multinational corporation headquartered in London, United Kingdom, that provides risk management services, insurance – Read more