Aon

Aon Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Bilingual CSA
Bilingual Customer Service Associate / Pension (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJuly 8, 2014
It has been a really good experience where I have had the chance to improve my professional and customer service skills.
It's a nice place to work
I am working with Aon for last 5 yr (Current Employee), Gurgaon, HRJune 19, 2014
Pros: brand name
Cons: looking for a better package
Every day once I reach office . I need to check my email because I need to review various reports which we get every day . Once I done with those . I need to run a quick check on the workflow which needs to be addressed by the team . After I have assigned the workflows among the team . I have to go for a conference call with US counter parts explaining – more... them them about the daily trends in workflow and HR report we get on ongoing basis . Once i am done with this I need to work on my assignment as well along with other task completed by team members. – less
Friendly Environment yet less employee satisfaction
Functional System Analyst (Current Employee), Gurgaon, HarayanaJune 15, 2014
Pros: work culture, helping colleagues, job security. us domains & known mnc in world
Cons: salary satisfaction low, no extra hours incentives.
It is a good company to work in. Yet Nobody and No one is perfect. As a fact of matter this company doesn't do anything special to retain its employees but still you can feel the job security here. Working environment is real good asset and you can reach out to any level of management without any troubles.

Only few cons are. Company has proprietary – more... tools which is why people feel like being bound to only single thing if they doesn't have learning skills.
Second, Salary's are not as good as they should be. You cannot grow within one company. You will get average hike each year. Yeah if you have done extra extra ordinary work you will somehow get a small peace of reward for that. :)

overall I will give this Co. a 3.6* stars rating. – less
Amazing company to work with
Advanced Processor in a Financial Process (Former Employee), Noida, UPApril 30, 2014
learned so many things at AonHewitt as It was my first job I enjoyed it. Managers were very helpful in work as well as they used to take care of learning and development sessions.
Optical solutions
Customer Service Representative /OFS (Current Employee), Toronto ONApril 28, 2014
Pros: location
Cons: family business, no room for growth
 Support the Sales, Operations and Service Departments
 Record keeping
 Track shipments
 Screen and responds to general telephone inquiries from clients
 Dictation and creation of memos, letters to be mailed to clients and/or staff
 Manage and defuse customer complaints
 Service walk in customer while fulfilling service and pharmaceutical orders
 – more... Create invoices and service for products
 Create and fax PDF and Hardcopy quotes to send to potential clients
 Answer phones and provide accurate product information on company products
 Update client accounts with up to date information
 Maintain SAP database regarding customer accounts
 Assist Sales Reps with customer orders and inquiries – less
Good
Assistant Investment Consultant (Former Employee), MontrealApril 23, 2014
Conducting investment performance reviews for institutional pension plans and investment funds;
Collaborating in the transition and implementation of a new performance monitoring tool.
Collaborative environment
Talent Project Manager (Current Employee), Toronto, ONApril 20, 2014
It has a collaborative work environment and work life balance
Productive Workplace with great benefits
Financial Specialist (Project Administrator) (Former Employee), Toronto, ONApril 14, 2014
Pros: great company with good benefits and friendly staff
Cons: long hours without compensation or appreciation of talents
A typical day for me is usually very busy and filled with deadlines so time is managed very carefully
My co-workers are co-operative, professional and friendly.
I don't try to think of what the hardest part of my job is - because I am results oriented and solutions driven.
The most enjoyable part of the job is the satisfaction of seeing positive results – more... after working on projects, be it small or large. The figures speak volumes. – less
Nice to company to work in
Assistant Manager - IT (Current Employee), Gurgaon, HRMarch 15, 2014
Pros: management
Cons: long hours
If I get a chance to work in the same company in Canada, I will feel blessed.
AON Review
HR Benefits Operations Administrator (Former Employee), North York, ONMarch 2, 2014
Pros – Depending on which department you're working, it can be a hit or miss overall working experience. Overall reviews:
- good vacation time (3 weeks plus additional purchase vacation days if needed)
- good health and dental benefits
- flex hours
- work life balance (depending on your role)
- 35 hour work week - will increase to 37.5 in 2014

Cons – more... – When the company was Hewitt Associates, the upper management was more caring and open to their employees. After AON took over, the culture is slowly but surely becoming way more toxic and secretive. Upper management does not care about its employees, only bottom line is important (they treat you as numbers, nothing else)
Aside from that, the negatives:
- paltry pay increase
- incompetent managers
- declining employee morale – less
People influence work environment
Pension Specialist/Administrator (Former Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 28, 2014
I worked for Hewitt Associates before Aon Merged with Hewitt. It is an awesome company to work for. I have heard from former colleages that the merges caused positive changes.
Unfair Employer Aon Hewitt Consulting
Project Analyst (Former Employee), Toronto, OnJanuary 22, 2014
Cons: unfair management and favourite groups
Don't ever think of working here. The worst employee. Management is biased and favoritism thrives. There is no room for a hardworking honest employee. Its is a sneaky scary place
Staff turnover in all depts is unbelievable
insurance company
Customer service Adviser for Participant Benefits (Former Employee), MontrealJanuary 16, 2014
I was working from 9-5,monday to friday. I learned everything about insurance company.My co-working were amazing and very friendly.The hardest part is when the client is angry for no reason. the most enjoyable part was when the client was satisfied. It was located in Montreal Downtown.
Easy going place to work
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Cornwall, ONDecember 13, 2013
Pros: friendly quiet atmosphere
Cons: part time work
Answer telephone inquiries, place orders and assist with typing out forms and letters.
Excellent Company for Students and Graduates
Benefits Analyst (Current Employee), TorontoNovember 18, 2013
Pros: tons of opportunities
Cons: the pay, work-life balance
As a Benefits Analyst, I administer the Benefits for more than 12,000 employees (3 major clients) from a benefits and payroll perspective. My day consist of working anywhere between 8-10 hours per day.
Challenging and fun place to work
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee), TorontoNovember 1, 2013
Challenging and fun place to work. Good shift work options.
Crazy busy place
SENIOR PROJECT MANAGER, CONSULTING TECHNOLOGY (Former Employee), Toronto, ONOctober 31, 2013
Not a great experience at this company. Long hours, morning and evening calls with the team in India, not enough people to do the work.
Productive and fun place to work
Software Test Engineer (Former Employee), Stockholm, SwedenOctober 31, 2013
Pros: work life balance
Work Force management system company
work life balance
Fun place to work
Decent experience, Bad Work/Life Balance
Pensions Analyst (Former Employee), Toronto, ONOctober 15, 2013
Decent experience, Bad Work/Life Balance, Horrible people wiuth bad attitudes and yelling at you for simple stuff
Great learning experience
Account Representative (Former Employee), Roseville, CAAugust 21, 2013
AON taught me a lot about account management and how best to utilize my time and management skills. I learned how to assist our clients to allow for open dialogue and quick resolution of any issues with their coverage.

1 2 3 4 5

About Aon

Aon plc is a multinational corporation headquartered in London, United Kingdom, that provides risk management services, insurance – Read more