Aon Employee Reviews in Canada

• Salary/Benefits
Productive and Fun work life
HR Representative (Current Employee), Toronto, ONMay 16, 2016
Pros: Work Events and charities
Cons: Not over empathizing with issues employees have.
When working with Aon, I deal with people who work for the banks. I help people with leaves of absences, policy clarification, who to contact when work issues arise for that employee.
The management with Aon Hewitt is fantastic. We have a great team of people. I would say the most dificult to work with is when I am speaking with an employee and trying to be careful with empathy. It is difficult to seperate yourself from that person at times when they are going through tough time. IE: personal, work etc.
The most enjoyable for me is the interaction I have with all people everyday. I am a workhorse but do like making people smile.
Great Salary
Receptionist / Shared Services (Current Employee), Montréal, QCApril 4, 2016
Pros: Location downtown
Cons: Bought by a very large company
This company is now closed - bought by Honeywell
It was a great place to work with very innovative people - the salary was amazing too.

Vacation 2 weeks upon arrival

We used to get bonuses but that came to a halt when we were bought by Bacou-Dalloz
great place to work
Customer Service Representative II (Former Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 29, 2016
Really enjoyed working here as the company has an excellent work live balance and great benefits package. The people are lovely to work with
productive
Bilingual Customer Service Associate (Former Employee), Toronto, ONDecember 11, 2015
very productive environment where you learn problem solving . Management not really ready to help but you develop sens of work independently.
day work
Human Resources Associate (Current Employee), Toronto, ONOctober 6, 2015
I’ve had the opportunity to work for Aon Hewitt for almost Four year. As we are aware, CIBC outsources Human Resources functions to Aon Hewitt. At Aon Hewitt, my job duties require me to handle incoming calls and communicate through a means of email correspondence with CIBC managers, directors, and executives. Furthermore, I also provide administrative support to our CIBC HR consultants with any inquiries they have regarding human resources policies, running reports in myHR or myTime, or simply assisting with transactions in either of these systems. At Aon Hewitt, I use the People Soft software to access any specific employee data, as well as, CIBC & Me to provide any additional support. This job has really allowed me to gain a great working knowledge of CIBC’s business activities and organization structure.
Developed my communcationand customer service skils
Bilingual Human Resources Support Service Agent (Former Employee), Toronto, ONSeptember 24, 2015
Pros: Working with team members
Cons: long hours
I developed my customer service and customer service skills . I enjoyed assisting customers with their questions. Sometimes, it can be really stressful when we have high volume of calls and have to manage resolutions and other administrative duties. Overall, I had a good experience
Inclusive and Engaging
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Vancouver, BCSeptember 14, 2015
Pros: Good work hours
Cons: Resources for admins
Supportive management and colleagues.

Great Benefits and flexible schedules

Good perks and great place for growth.

Most enjoyable is working with all different types of backgrounds.
Productive and fun workplace
Accountant (Current Employee), Toronto, ONSeptember 9, 2015
Pros: none
Cons: long hours
Can be fun sometimes working along with team mates and learning from them.
Like all company there are the red tape and politics.
Bad place to work
Bilingual H.R. Specialist (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJune 22, 2015
Pros: none
Cons: everything
Very poor management - poor supervisor - no work ethics - was not willing to allow time for new hires to understand the software
Productive, professional and an EXCELLENT place to work.
Recruitment Coordinator (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJune 10, 2015
Pros: Work/Life Balance, Working from home, Great team, Great location
Cons: IT was difficult to assist with issues, Moving up & Contracts
I thoroughly enjoyed working at Aon! A typical day at work included meeting with different stakeholders, IT onboarding processes, coordinating interviews, attending meetings and taking part in special projects regarding talent acquisition.

The management and co-workers were amongst the best group I have ever worked with. My manager was extremely present, proactive and a great leader. I also made great long term friendships with the co-workers I met there.

The most enjoyable part of the role was the work life balance factor – I absolutely loved that I was able to work from home which made it easy for me during my multiple doctor appointments. The hardest part of the job, (if I had to choose) could be that my manager was in another country but she made it very apparent that she was present and there for our team.
Great atmosphere
QC (Former Employee), Montréal, QCJune 5, 2015
Pros: Liberty
Cons: ill managed
Unfortunately, I was given a permanent position, Management did not have the courage to liberally speak their opinion.
Nice Place to work
Associate (Former Employee), Montréal, QCMay 18, 2015
Pros: Very Nice work culture
Cons: No cons
Continous Night shifts
Management and co-workers are excellent to work along
Work life balance maintained
Talent is recognised and rewarded efficiently
productive
Représentant au service à la clientèle (Former Employee), Montréal, QuébecMarch 27, 2015
never worked at call center before and loved the experience will look for work in a call center again definately. inbound call centre made it less stressful
Account Coordinator Paper Pusher
Account Coordinator (Former Employee), Saskatoon, SaskatchewanMarch 26, 2015
Pros: the wage
Cons: No management skills...no direction...nothing to do
I was hired on as the Account Coordinator having over 10 years experience in the insurance industry and have my CAIB designation. The brokers above me just obtained their designations that year and I'm sitting folding boxes filling dead files. My skills were not utilized at all! And what's funny...they still haven't filled my position.
Experience of early in my CSR Role
Costumer Service Representative (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 30, 2015
Few years back (my first CSR role probably), while I was working for one company, I remember being by myself in the Department, that was one evening, when I received a customer who came to order a particular special item to me. I knew that I once had watched my supervisor doing the same order on computer but I had never ever had a training on how to do it. With confidence, I started ordering the item on my system and my client was sitting beside.
Arrived in the middle of the transaction, I was stuck. I did not know where to go, which way or button to press. And then, we started looking one another.
After like 5 to 10 minutes without any word, an idea came into my mind, I called the assistant line for help. The guy who I spoke to was so much helpful and he was able to lead me throughout the whole process.
Then I was able to help my customer although it took longer than expected. I was so impressed on how my client was so patient and kind to me, until the end of the transaction. He understood me and finally was satisfied and pleased.
What I learned, when working, we won't be always easy things, we sometimes meet with hard situations that require immediate decision making. In middle, it wasn't really funny, but it ended well at least and my client was served and happy. I compare this like life. Life is not always easy, sometimes it requires to push and squeeze. Challenges are good in particular times! They prepare you for the next level!!
Good entry level job with great people
Configuration Specialist (Junior System Analyst) (Current Employee), North York, ONJanuary 24, 2015
- Met several great people
- Best manager
- Relaxed office environment
Excellent workplace with wonderful people
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee), Toronto, ONDecember 31, 2014
Pros: relaxed, productive atmosphere
I loved working with Aon Hewitt. Excellent working conditions, great staff and working environment. The most enjoyable part of the job was to help people, and carefully tailor the coverage plans to their needs, helping them choose what suited them better.
Setup Configuration Specialist (Current Employee), TorontoDecember 13, 2014
Depends which department and team you work for, iv been lucky to work in a great team
productive and fun place
CIBC Human Resources Representative (Current Employee), Toronto OnNovember 6, 2014
a typical day at work is, come in, sign up, and start taking and making calls, checking emails and responding to emails too.

What i learned are the duties of an HR.. answering trouble shooting calls, payroll, retirement, benefits and more.

The hardest thing is storing all the tone of information. The most enjoyable part of the job is the job is customer satisfaction.
Horrible Work Place.
Service Delivery Specialist (Former Employee), Toronto, ONOctober 27, 2014
Pros: there is none.
Cons: too many to mention, horrible bosses, no support
Terrible bosses, a culture of blatant favoritism. There is no organisation, mass confusion. Zero support from upper management. Customer Service Associates are underpaid and overworked. I worked at their Sheppard and Yonge Toronto Canada location. It is the equivalent of a sweat shop. I would NEVER recommend anyone to work at Aon Hewitt.