Aon Employee Reviews in Canada

• Salary/Benefits
Great Salary
Receptionist / Shared Services (Current Employee), Montréal, QCApril 4, 2016
Pros: Location downtown
Cons: Bought by a very large company
This company is now closed - bought by Honeywell
It was a great place to work with very innovative people - the salary was amazing too.

Vacation 2 weeks upon arrival

We used to get bonuses but that came to a halt when we were bought by Bacou-Dalloz
great place to work
Customer Service Representative II (Former Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 29, 2016
Really enjoyed working here as the company has an excellent work live balance and great benefits package. The people are lovely to work with
Inclusive and Engaging
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Vancouver, BCSeptember 14, 2015
Pros: Good work hours
Cons: Resources for admins
Supportive management and colleagues.

Great Benefits and flexible schedules

Good perks and great place for growth.

Most enjoyable is working with all different types of backgrounds.
Qualifications & skills
BILINGUAL CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee), Toronto, ONApril 11, 2016
• Bilingual French and English
• Over 3 years’ experience in customer services and administration support
• Strong computer with Microsoft Office
• Excellent communication with ability to build effective business relationship
• Excellent Time Management, Analytical and Problem solving skills
• Good team player & work well independently
• Highly dedicated and adaptable Public Administration Professional and Government
• Solid knowledge and experience in: Public relation, human resources, Political Science , International Affair and volunteering
• Excellent time management & Analytical Thinker and problem Solver
• Good Knowledge in mutual fund and financial field (IFC completed)
day work
Human Resources Associate (Current Employee), Toronto, ONOctober 6, 2015
I’ve had the opportunity to work for Aon Hewitt for almost Four year. As we are aware, CIBC outsources Human Resources functions to Aon Hewitt. At Aon Hewitt, my job duties require me to handle incoming calls and communicate through a means of email correspondence with CIBC managers, directors, and executives. Furthermore, I also provide administrative support to our CIBC HR consultants with any inquiries they have regarding human resources policies, running reports in myHR or myTime, or simply assisting with transactions in either of these systems. At Aon Hewitt, I use the People Soft software to access any specific employee data, as well as, CIBC & Me to provide any additional support. This job has really allowed me to gain a great working knowledge of CIBC’s business activities and organization structure.
Productive, professional and an EXCELLENT place to work.
Recruitment Coordinator (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJune 10, 2015
Pros: Work/Life Balance, Working from home, Great team, Great location
Cons: IT was difficult to assist with issues, Moving up & Contracts
I thoroughly enjoyed working at Aon! A typical day at work included meeting with different stakeholders, IT onboarding processes, coordinating interviews, attending meetings and taking part in special projects regarding talent acquisition.

The management and co-workers were amongst the best group I have ever worked with. My manager was extremely present, proactive and a great leader. I also made great long term friendships with the co-workers I met there.

The most enjoyable part of the role was the work life balance factor – I absolutely loved that I was able to work from home which made it easy for me during my multiple doctor appointments. The hardest part of the job, (if I had to choose) could be that my manager was in another country but she made it very apparent that she was present and there for our team.
Developed my communcationand customer service skils
Bilingual Human Resources Support Service Agent (Former Employee), Toronto, ONSeptember 24, 2015
Pros: Working with team members
Cons: long hours
I developed my customer service and customer service skills . I enjoyed assisting customers with their questions. Sometimes, it can be really stressful when we have high volume of calls and have to manage resolutions and other administrative duties. Overall, I had a good experience
productive
Bilingual Customer Service Associate (Former Employee), Toronto, ONDecember 11, 2015
very productive environment where you learn problem solving . Management not really ready to help but you develop sens of work independently.
AON Review
HR Benefits Operations Administrator (Former Employee), North York, ONMarch 2, 2014
Pros – Depending on which department you're working, it can be a hit or miss overall working experience. Overall reviews:
- good vacation time (3 weeks plus additional purchase vacation days if needed)
- good health and dental benefits
- flex hours
- work life balance (depending on your role)
- 35 hour work week - will increase to 37.5 in 2014

Cons – When the company was Hewitt Associates, the upper management was more caring and open to their employees. After AON took over, the culture is slowly but surely becoming way more toxic and secretive. Upper management does not care about its employees, only bottom line is important (they treat you as numbers, nothing else)
Aside from that, the negatives:
- paltry pay increase
- incompetent managers
- declining employee morale
Productive and fun workplace
Accountant (Current Employee), Toronto, ONSeptember 9, 2015
Pros: none
Cons: long hours
Can be fun sometimes working along with team mates and learning from them.
Like all company there are the red tape and politics.
Productive Workplace with great benefits
Financial Specialist (Project Administrator) (Former Employee), Toronto, ONApril 14, 2014
Pros: great company with good benefits and friendly staff
Cons: long hours without compensation or appreciation of talents
A typical day for me is usually very busy and filled with deadlines so time is managed very carefully
My co-workers are co-operative, professional and friendly.
I don't try to think of what the hardest part of my job is - because I am results oriented and solutions driven.
The most enjoyable part of the job is the satisfaction of seeing positive results after working on projects, be it small or large. The figures speak volumes.
Nice Place to work
Associate (Former Employee), Montréal, QCMay 18, 2015
Pros: Very Nice work culture
Cons: No cons
Continous Night shifts
Management and co-workers are excellent to work along
Work life balance maintained
Talent is recognised and rewarded efficiently
productive and fun place
CIBC Human Resources Representative (Current Employee), Toronto OnNovember 6, 2014
a typical day at work is, come in, sign up, and start taking and making calls, checking emails and responding to emails too.

What i learned are the duties of an HR.. answering trouble shooting calls, payroll, retirement, benefits and more.

The hardest thing is storing all the tone of information. The most enjoyable part of the job is the job is customer satisfaction.
Expect employees to exchange their life for the job
Middle manager (Current Employee), Sheppard, TorontoMarch 12, 2013
Cons: too many to list
Little to no support for new members
Expect no compensation increase unless prepared to work 24/7
No management suppot
No team building
No education reimbursement except for very specific courses
HR is non-existent
More and more of the business is handled by India, and thus treats the Canadian employees like they're in India
No overtime pay

Don't Walk, Run as far away from this company as possible!
Fun workplace with game room
Pension and Benefits Associate (Current Employee), North York, ONSeptember 29, 2012
Pros: the location of work is very easy to access
Cons: very temporary jobs
Very casual work environment, co-workers are so easy going
Good training and I learnt a lot about pension and benefits and how it is important for one's life.
The hardest part my job is, if the equipments around me were to fail I can't do anything else, till it gets fixed.
The enjoyable part is, during lunch we have a game room to spend the time, it always place a role toward team building.
Bilingual french &english- strong solving skills- articulate and excellent communication skills
Customer Service Administrative (Current Employee), Toronto, ONOctober 18, 2012
Answer to calls
Advise employees and retirees regarding them inquiries.
Manage system issues
Handle Benefits plan
I learn a lot about the plan benefits and how to resolve some issues auickly and efficiently. Once I understood how to do I don't see a lot of difficulties.
The grateful is when the customer (employees-retirees). I enjoy to help people to solve issues.
Excellent Company for Students and Graduates
Benefits Analyst (Current Employee), TorontoNovember 18, 2013
Pros: tons of opportunities
Cons: the pay, work-life balance
As a Benefits Analyst, I administer the Benefits for more than 12,000 employees (3 major clients) from a benefits and payroll perspective. My day consist of working anywhere between 8-10 hours per day.
Bad place to work
Bilingual H.R. Specialist (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJune 22, 2015
Pros: none
Cons: everything
Very poor management - poor supervisor - no work ethics - was not willing to allow time for new hires to understand the software
Account Coordinator Paper Pusher
Account Coordinator (Former Employee), Saskatoon, SaskatchewanMarch 26, 2015
Pros: the wage
Cons: No management skills...no direction...nothing to do
I was hired on as the Account Coordinator having over 10 years experience in the insurance industry and have my CAIB designation. The brokers above me just obtained their designations that year and I'm sitting folding boxes filling dead files. My skills were not utilized at all! And what's funny...they still haven't filled my position.
Great atmosphere
QC (Former Employee), Montréal, QCJune 5, 2015
Pros: Liberty
Cons: ill managed
Unfortunately, I was given a permanent position, Management did not have the courage to liberally speak their opinion.