Aon Employee Review

Beware
Senior Executive Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CA8 May 2014
The first thing I noticed about this company is that there is VERY high turnover. No one stays beyond two years and on top of that no one gives notice, they just leave which says a lot about a company.

Now being there almost two years myself, I can see why. This company does not follow state and county laws. They make up their own rules and there isn't any consistency in them. Pay is OK but your paying way too much in medical insurance, especially since the industry that they are consults for lower priced insurance for their clients, it doesn't make any sense.

The environment seems fun when you first start but then you learn that management are cowards and you will always hear second hand if there is an issue, they will not tell you themselves.You will also hear about any discrepancies in your work in your annual review, not any time before that so you can easily be put on probation after your annual review, even though you weren't notified of any concerns prior to your review...and it will be justified in the eyes of HR.

If you are not upper level management you aren't allowed to have a family, you aren't allowed to have sick children and you are not allowed to be a parent (i.e. no vacation, no concerts, no sick days) they frown upon women being pregnant in the workplace and you will be the source of discrimination and if you tell HR about it, you will learn that they are incredibly bias and tell you that every discrimination incident is legal and justified.

If you are a minority be prepared. You will work with ignorant racist individuals that have no issue voicing
  more... how lucky they were to attend a college that was a majority of Whites and didn't have too much diversity.

As far as the co-workers go. Just put yourself back in high school and times that by 3. There is a lot of unnecessary drama in the workplace and backstabbing.

I'm still not sure how this company has been chosen as the 2014 Best Workplace. I guess the people making the judgement don't look at employment retention.

Other Aon Employee Reviews

Environnement agréable à travailler
Analyste financier (Current Employee) –  Montréal-Ouest, QC20 November 2017
Une très belle entreprise à travailler

Une belle expérience de travail et de vie
was not a good experience
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 November 2017
I enjoyed the team members and the project, but I found that the leadership in the specific area I worked lacked experience in certain areas and had trouble respecting the roles of others.
there was noted blind acquisition of a project with no SOW defined and directors provided no support to prevent scope creep. Project launched almost a year late.
Pros
locations were good, good environment, team members smart and worked well as a team.
Cons
poor management, weak recruiting

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Aon. Our community is ready to answer.