Aon

1.4K reviews

Aon Employee Reviews

Experience of early in my CSR Role
Costumer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJanuary 30, 2015
Few years back (my first CSR role probably), while I was working for one company, I remember being by myself in the Department, that was one evening, when I received a customer who came to order a particular special item to me. I knew that I once had watched my supervisor doing the same order on computer but I had never ever had a training on how to do it. With confidence, I started ordering the item on my system and my client was sitting beside.
Arrived in the middle of the transaction, I was stuck. I did not know where to go, which way or button to press. And then, we started looking one another.
After like 5 to 10 minutes without any word, an idea came into my mind, I called the assistant line for help. The guy who I spoke to was so much helpful and he was able to lead me throughout the whole process.
Then I was able to help my customer although it took longer than expected. I was so impressed on how my client was so patient and kind to me, until the end of the transaction. He understood me and finally was satisfied and pleased.
What I learned, when working, we won't be always easy things, we sometimes meet with hard situations that require immediate decision making. In middle, it wasn't really funny, but it ended well at least and my client was served and happy. I compare this like life. Life is not always easy, sometimes it requires to push and squeeze. Challenges are good in particular times! They prepare you for the next level!!
Productive, professional and an EXCELLENT place to work.
Recruitment Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJune 10, 2015
I thoroughly enjoyed working at Aon! A typical day at work included meeting with different stakeholders, IT onboarding processes, coordinating interviews, attending meetings and taking part in special projects regarding talent acquisition.

The management and co-workers were amongst the best group I have ever worked with. My manager was extremely present, proactive and a great leader. I also made great long term friendships with the co-workers I met there.

The most enjoyable part of the role was the work life balance factor – I absolutely loved that I was able to work from home which made it easy for me during my multiple doctor appointments. The hardest part of the job, (if I had to choose) could be that my manager was in another country but she made it very apparent that she was present and there for our team.
Pros
Work/Life Balance, Working from home, Great team, Great location
Cons
IT was difficult to assist with issues, Moving up & Contracts
day work
Human Resources Associate (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONOctober 6, 2015
I’ve had the opportunity to work for Aon Hewitt for almost Four year. As we are aware, CIBC outsources Human Resources functions to Aon Hewitt. At Aon Hewitt, my job duties require me to handle incoming calls and communicate through a means of email correspondence with CIBC managers, directors, and executives. Furthermore, I also provide administrative support to our CIBC HR consultants with any inquiries they have regarding human resources policies, running reports in myHR or myTime, or simply assisting with transactions in either of these systems. At Aon Hewitt, I use the People Soft software to access any specific employee data, as well as, CIBC & Me to provide any additional support. This job has really allowed me to gain a great working knowledge of CIBC’s business activities and organization structure.
Optical solutions
Customer Service Representative /OFS (Current Employee) –  Toronto ONApril 28, 2014
 Support the Sales, Operations and Service Departments
 Record keeping
 Track shipments
 Screen and responds to general telephone inquiries from clients
 Dictation and creation of memos, letters to be mailed to clients and/or staff
 Manage and defuse customer complaints
 Service walk in customer while fulfilling service and pharmaceutical orders
 Create invoices and service for products
 Create and fax PDF and Hardcopy quotes to send to potential clients
 Answer phones and provide accurate product information on company products
 Update client accounts with up to date information
 Maintain SAP database regarding customer accounts
 Assist Sales Reps with customer orders and inquiries
Pros
location
Cons
family business, no room for growth
AON Review
HR Benefits Operations Administrator (Former Employee) –  North York, ONMarch 2, 2014
Pros – Depending on which department you're working, it can be a hit or miss overall working experience. Overall reviews:
- good vacation time (3 weeks plus additional purchase vacation days if needed)
- good health and dental benefits
- flex hours
- work life balance (depending on your role)
- 35 hour work week - will increase to 37.5 in 2014

Cons – When the company was Hewitt Associates, the upper management was more caring and open to their employees. After AON took over, the culture is slowly but surely becoming way more toxic and secretive. Upper management does not care about its employees, only bottom line is important (they treat you as numbers, nothing else)
Aside from that, the negatives:
- paltry pay increase
- incompetent managers
- declining employee morale
Productive and fun workplace with very nice people
HUMAN RESOURCES DATA ANALYST (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONAugust 13, 2014
Translate business requirement into technical specification
Perform data manipulation (including coding, cleaning, and merging of data) and conduct statistical data analysis for various types of requests.
Prepare reports (creating charts and tables, using MS Excel and Access) as requested by internal / external clients
Conduct ad hoc analysis as requested by internal / external clients.
Provide support to clients, as required
Automate the production reports using different tools and methodologis to enable quicker production, greater consistency and lower error rate
Identify opportunities to streamline standardize and automate i
Proficient in Microsoft Excel and other productivity tools.
Productive workplace with great co workers and culture
Deployment Specialist (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONJanuary 14, 2014
I really enjoy working at AON where we face challenges and work as a team to resolve any technical issues that may arise.

It was easy as I learnt the process within a day that is to be followed according to the SOP.

The management team and the colleagues are great people to work with.

One of the difficult parts of the jobs was when users requested new computers, which we did not have authorization to. However, speaking to their managers and getting authorizations usually solved this issue.

The most enjoyable part of the job was to perform tasks and learning new methods.
Pros
long lunches
Cons
having to stay extra if an issue occurs
An interesting work place with chances to grow
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCFebruary 7, 2013
It was always exciting to go to work each day because of the friendly environment that reigned at work. The supervisors where always down to earth and ready to help, and co- workers where almost like a family, with everyone being so friendly. It was the first time I was working in the sector of insurances and I learned a great deal of new things. The most enjoyably part of the job was the flexibility in the schedules; and the hardest part of the job was the pressure from supervisors to meet timelines.
Pros
flexible shedules
Cons
doing one and the same thing over and over again became boring at one point
Productive Workplace with great benefits
Financial Specialist (Project Administrator) (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 14, 2014
A typical day for me is usually very busy and filled with deadlines so time is managed very carefully
My co-workers are co-operative, professional and friendly.
I don't try to think of what the hardest part of my job is - because I am results oriented and solutions driven.
The most enjoyable part of the job is the satisfaction of seeing positive results after working on projects, be it small or large. The figures speak volumes.
Pros
great company with good benefits and friendly staff
Cons
long hours without compensation or appreciation of talents
Job Review Assessment
Sales and Service (Former Employee) –  EdmontonOctober 2, 2014
I agree with several others. This is a below average company. It is top heavy with inexperienced managers who got the role due to service years and not experience clearly. Unable to assist new hires. Openly discuss office problems with other staff. Reminded me of a MLM company; definitely a good place for newbies, not people looking for a career unless you want to brown nose to get places.
Pros
my last day.
Cons
no free lunches, inexperienced managers, no office support. managers openly discussed their hr problems without privacy. liked verbal abuse.
supervisors need more experience dealing with more respect for their subordinates
Mail Room Clerk (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONAugust 1, 2013
I always done my job done before a deadline.
I have achive a lot of learning with different companies and reach my goals at the end of the day by using positive team work for the department...My co-workers have helped me understand every day to a know task or assignment and to achieve the deadline for the task or assignment..
Pros
Cons
good co-workers
Fun workplace with game room
Pension and Benefits Associate (Current Employee) –  North York, ONSeptember 29, 2012
Very casual work environment, co-workers are so easy going
Good training and I learnt a lot about pension and benefits and how it is important for one's life.
The hardest part my job is, if the equipments around me were to fail I can't do anything else, till it gets fixed.
The enjoyable part is, during lunch we have a game room to spend the time, it always place a role toward team building.
Pros
the location of work is very easy to access
Cons
very temporary jobs
Bilingual french &english- strong solving skills- articulate and excellent communication skills
Customer Service Administrative (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONOctober 18, 2012
Answer to calls
Advise employees and retirees regarding them inquiries.
Manage system issues
Handle Benefits plan
I learn a lot about the plan benefits and how to resolve some issues auickly and efficiently. Once I understood how to do I don't see a lot of difficulties.
The grateful is when the customer (employees-retirees). I enjoy to help people to solve issues.
Expect employees to exchange their life for the job
Middle manager (Current Employee) –  Sheppard, TorontoMarch 12, 2013
Little to no support for new members
Expect no compensation increase unless prepared to work 24/7
No management suppot
No team building
No education reimbursement except for very specific courses
HR is non-existent
More and more of the business is handled by India, and thus treats the Canadian employees like they're in India
No overtime pay

Don't Walk, Run as far away from this company as possible!
Cons
too many to list
Big Corporation
Account Manager/Risk Consultant (Former Employee) –  Toronto/WindsorOctober 13, 2012
being one of the largest insurance brokers in the world can be positive and negative. a lot of opportunity to grow within the company, but moving would be required, either to a different location within the region, or a different country.
Product offering is vast with skill sets specific to each business unit makes it easier to get the job done
Pros
largest insurance broker in the world
Cons
largest insurance broker in the world
A nice place to work at
Benefit Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QCJanuary 4, 2013
Aon is great company to work at.

It may sometimes lack some cohesion in the higher level management decisions which can create some frustrations for junior level employees. However, the social environment and general atmosphere is great.

Their number one asset is definitely the people who work there.
There is also a lot of career advancement opportunities.
Pros
co-workers, work atmosphere
Cons
lack of cohesion
Horrible Work Place.
Service Delivery Specialist (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONOctober 27, 2014
Terrible bosses, a culture of blatant favoritism. There is no organisation, mass confusion. Zero support from upper management. Customer Service Associates are underpaid and overworked. I worked at their Sheppard and Yonge Toronto Canada location. It is the equivalent of a sweat shop. I would NEVER recommend anyone to work at Aon Hewitt.
Pros
there is none.
Cons
too many to mention, horrible bosses, no support
Account Coordinator Paper Pusher
Account Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SaskatchewanMarch 26, 2015
I was hired on as the Account Coordinator having over 10 years experience in the insurance industry and have my CAIB designation. The brokers above me just obtained their designations that year and I'm sitting folding boxes filling dead files. My skills were not utilized at all! And what's funny...they still haven't filled my position.
Pros
the wage
Cons
No management skills...no direction...nothing to do
Developed my communcationand customer service skils
Bilingual Human Resources Support Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONSeptember 24, 2015
I developed my customer service and customer service skills . I enjoyed assisting customers with their questions. Sometimes, it can be really stressful when we have high volume of calls and have to manage resolutions and other administrative duties. Overall, I had a good experience
Pros
Working with team members
productive and fun place
CIBC Human Resources Representative (Current Employee) –  Toronto OnNovember 6, 2014
a typical day at work is, come in, sign up, and start taking and making calls, checking emails and responding to emails too.

What i learned are the duties of an HR.. answering trouble shooting calls, payroll, retirement, benefits and more.

The hardest thing is storing all the tone of information. The most enjoyable part of the job is the job is customer satisfaction.