Aon

Aon Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Nice Place to work
Associate (Former Employee), Montréal, QCMay 18, 2015
Pros: Very Nice work culture
Cons: No cons
Continous Night shifts
Management and co-workers are excellent to work along
Work life balance maintained
Talent is recognised and rewarded efficiently
productive
Représentant au service à la clientèle (Former Employee), Montréal, QuébecMarch 27, 2015
never worked at call center before and loved the experience will look for work in a call center again definately. inbound call centre made it less stressful
Account Coordinator Paper Pusher
Account Coordinator (Former Employee), Saskatoon, SaskatchewanMarch 26, 2015
Pros: the wage
Cons: No management skills...no direction...nothing to do
I was hired on as the Account Coordinator having over 10 years experience in the insurance industry and have my CAIB designation. The brokers above me just obtained their designations that year and I'm sitting folding boxes filling dead files. My skills were not utilized at all! And what's funny...they still haven't filled my position.
Experience of early in my CSR Role
Costumer Service Representative (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 30, 2015
Few years back (my first CSR role probably), while I was working for one company, I remember being by myself in the Department, that was one evening, when I received a customer who came to order a particular special item to me. I knew that I once had watched my supervisor doing the same order on computer but I had never ever had a training on how to do it. With confidence, I started ordering the item on my system and my client was sitting beside.
Arrived in the middle of the transaction, I was stuck. I did not know where to go, which way or button to press. And then, we started looking one another.
After like 5 to 10 minutes without any word, an idea came into my mind, I called the assistant line for help. The guy who I spoke to was so much helpful and he was able to lead me throughout the whole process.
Then I was able to help my customer although it took longer than expected. I was so impressed on how my client was so patient and kind to me, until the end of the transaction. He understood me and finally was satisfied and pleased.
What I learned, when working, we won't be always easy things, we sometimes meet with hard situations that require immediate decision making. In middle, it wasn't really funny, but it ended well at least and my client was served and happy. I compare this like life. Life is not always easy, sometimes it requires to push and squeeze. Challenges are good in particular times! They prepare you for the next level!!
Good entry level job with great people
Configuration Specialist (Junior System Analyst) (Current Employee), North York, ONJanuary 24, 2015
- Met several great people
- Best manager
- Relaxed office environment
Excellent workplace with wonderful people
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee), Toronto, ONDecember 31, 2014
Pros: relaxed, productive atmosphere
I loved working with Aon Hewitt. Excellent working conditions, great staff and working environment. The most enjoyable part of the job was to help people, and carefully tailor the coverage plans to their needs, helping them choose what suited them better.
Setup Configuration Specialist (Current Employee), TorontoDecember 13, 2014
Depends which department and team you work for, iv been lucky to work in a great team
productive and fun place
CIBC Human Resources Representative (Current Employee), Toronto OnNovember 6, 2014
a typical day at work is, come in, sign up, and start taking and making calls, checking emails and responding to emails too.

What i learned are the duties of an HR.. answering trouble shooting calls, payroll, retirement, benefits and more.

The hardest thing is storing all the tone of information. The most enjoyable part of the job is the job is customer satisfaction.
Horrible Work Place.
Service Delivery Specialist (Former Employee), Toronto, ONOctober 27, 2014
Pros: there is none.
Cons: too many to mention, horrible bosses, no support
Terrible bosses, a culture of blatant favoritism. There is no organisation, mass confusion. Zero support from upper management. Customer Service Associates are underpaid and overworked. I worked at their Sheppard and Yonge Toronto Canada location. It is the equivalent of a sweat shop. I would NEVER recommend anyone to work at Aon Hewitt.
Job Review Assessment
Sales and Service (Former Employee), EdmontonOctober 2, 2014
Pros: my last day.
Cons: no free lunches, inexperienced managers, no office support. managers openly discussed their hr problems without privacy. liked verbal abuse.
I agree with several others. This is a below average company. It is top heavy with inexperienced managers who got the role due to service years and not experience clearly. Unable to assist new hires. Openly discuss office problems with other staff. Reminded me of a MLM company; definitely a good place for newbies, not people looking for a career unless you want to brown nose to get places.
Big consulting firm
System Quality Assurance Analyst (Former Employee), Toronto, ONSeptember 7, 2014
- Highly professional working environment
- Cutting edge technology for HR consulting
- Fast paced and highly efficient work style required
Demanding role requiring complete turnaround of IT department on a major outsourcing contract
IT SERVICE DELIVERY MANAGER (Former Employee), TorontoAugust 18, 2014
Pros: challenging
Cons: reported to us management who were remote
Continuous improvement of processes, procedures, plans
Staff and organizational development
Partnering with multiple internal and external clients
Productive and fun workplace with very nice people
HUMAN RESOURCES DATA ANALYST (Former Employee), Toronto, ONAugust 13, 2014
Translate business requirement into technical specification
Perform data manipulation (including coding, cleaning, and merging of data) and conduct statistical data analysis for various types of requests.
Prepare reports (creating charts and tables, using MS Excel and Access) as requested by internal / external clients
Conduct ad hoc analysis as requested by internal / external clients.
Provide support to clients, as required
Automate the production reports using different tools and methodologis to enable quicker production, greater consistency and lower error rate
Identify opportunities to streamline standardize and automate i
Proficient in Microsoft Excel and other productivity tools.
Bilingual CSA
Bilingual Customer Service Associate / Pension (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJuly 8, 2014
It has been a really good experience where I have had the chance to improve my professional and customer service skills.
Optical solutions
Customer Service Representative /OFS (Current Employee), Toronto ONApril 28, 2014
Pros: location
Cons: family business, no room for growth
 Support the Sales, Operations and Service Departments
 Record keeping
 Track shipments
 Screen and responds to general telephone inquiries from clients
 Dictation and creation of memos, letters to be mailed to clients and/or staff
 Manage and defuse customer complaints
 Service walk in customer while fulfilling service and pharmaceutical orders
 Create invoices and service for products
 Create and fax PDF and Hardcopy quotes to send to potential clients
 Answer phones and provide accurate product information on company products
 Update client accounts with up to date information
 Maintain SAP database regarding customer accounts
 Assist Sales Reps with customer orders and inquiries
Good
Assistant Investment Consultant (Former Employee), MontrealApril 23, 2014
Conducting investment performance reviews for institutional pension plans and investment funds;
Collaborating in the transition and implementation of a new performance monitoring tool.
Collaborative environment
Talent Project Manager (Current Employee), Toronto, ONApril 20, 2014
It has a collaborative work environment and work life balance
Productive Workplace with great benefits
Financial Specialist (Project Administrator) (Former Employee), Toronto, ONApril 14, 2014
Pros: great company with good benefits and friendly staff
Cons: long hours without compensation or appreciation of talents
A typical day for me is usually very busy and filled with deadlines so time is managed very carefully
My co-workers are co-operative, professional and friendly.
I don't try to think of what the hardest part of my job is - because I am results oriented and solutions driven.
The most enjoyable part of the job is the satisfaction of seeing positive results after working on projects, be it small or large. The figures speak volumes.
AON Review
HR Benefits Operations Administrator (Former Employee), North York, ONMarch 2, 2014
Pros – Depending on which department you're working, it can be a hit or miss overall working experience. Overall reviews:
- good vacation time (3 weeks plus additional purchase vacation days if needed)
- good health and dental benefits
- flex hours
- work life balance (depending on your role)
- 35 hour work week - will increase to 37.5 in 2014

Cons – When the company was Hewitt Associates, the upper management was more caring and open to their employees. After AON took over, the culture is slowly but surely becoming way more toxic and secretive. Upper management does not care about its employees, only bottom line is important (they treat you as numbers, nothing else)
Aside from that, the negatives:
- paltry pay increase
- incompetent managers
- declining employee morale
People influence work environment
Pension Specialist/Administrator (Former Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 28, 2014
I worked for Hewitt Associates before Aon Merged with Hewitt. It is an awesome company to work for. I have heard from former colleages that the merges caused positive changes.

1 2 3

About Aon

Aon plc is a multinational corporation headquartered in London, United Kingdom, that provides risk management services, insurance – Read more