Aon

Aon Canada Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits

Job Review Assessment
Sales and Service (Former Employee), EdmontonOctober 2, 2014
Pros: my last day.
Cons: no free lunches, inexperienced managers, no office support. managers openly discussed their hr problems without privacy. liked verbal abuse.
I agree with several others. This is a below average company. It is top heavy with inexperienced managers who got the role due to service years and not experience clearly. Unable to assist new hires. Openly discuss office problems with other staff. Reminded me of a MLM company; definitely a good place for newbies, not people looking for a career unless – more... you want to brown nose to get places. – less
Big consulting firm
System Quality Assurance Analyst (Former Employee), Toronto, ONSeptember 7, 2014
- Highly professional working environment
- Cutting edge technology for HR consulting
- Fast paced and highly efficient work style required
Demanding role requiring complete turnaround of IT department on a major outsourcing contract
IT SERVICE DELIVERY MANAGER (Former Employee), TorontoAugust 18, 2014
Pros: challenging
Cons: reported to us management who were remote
Continuous improvement of processes, procedures, plans
Staff and organizational development
Partnering with multiple internal and external clients
Productive and fun workplace with very nice people
HUMAN RESOURCES DATA ANALYST (Former Employee), Toronto, ONAugust 13, 2014
Translate business requirement into technical specification
Perform data manipulation (including coding, cleaning, and merging of data) and conduct statistical data analysis for various types of requests.
Prepare reports (creating charts and tables, using MS Excel and Access) as requested by internal / external clients
Conduct ad hoc analysis as requested – more... by internal / external clients.
Provide support to clients, as required
Automate the production reports using different tools and methodologis to enable quicker production, greater consistency and lower error rate
Identify opportunities to streamline standardize and automate i
Proficient in Microsoft Excel and other productivity tools. – less
Bilingual CSA
Bilingual Customer Service Associate / Pension (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJuly 8, 2014
It has been a really good experience where I have had the chance to improve my professional and customer service skills.
Optical solutions
Customer Service Representative /OFS (Current Employee), Toronto ONApril 28, 2014
Pros: location
Cons: family business, no room for growth
 Support the Sales, Operations and Service Departments
 Record keeping
 Track shipments
 Screen and responds to general telephone inquiries from clients
 Dictation and creation of memos, letters to be mailed to clients and/or staff
 Manage and defuse customer complaints
 Service walk in customer while fulfilling service and pharmaceutical orders
 – more... Create invoices and service for products
 Create and fax PDF and Hardcopy quotes to send to potential clients
 Answer phones and provide accurate product information on company products
 Update client accounts with up to date information
 Maintain SAP database regarding customer accounts
 Assist Sales Reps with customer orders and inquiries – less
Good
Assistant Investment Consultant (Former Employee), MontrealApril 23, 2014
Conducting investment performance reviews for institutional pension plans and investment funds;
Collaborating in the transition and implementation of a new performance monitoring tool.
Collaborative environment
Talent Project Manager (Current Employee), Toronto, ONApril 20, 2014
It has a collaborative work environment and work life balance
Productive Workplace with great benefits
Financial Specialist (Project Administrator) (Former Employee), Toronto, ONApril 14, 2014
Pros: great company with good benefits and friendly staff
Cons: long hours without compensation or appreciation of talents
A typical day for me is usually very busy and filled with deadlines so time is managed very carefully
My co-workers are co-operative, professional and friendly.
I don't try to think of what the hardest part of my job is - because I am results oriented and solutions driven.
The most enjoyable part of the job is the satisfaction of seeing positive results – more... after working on projects, be it small or large. The figures speak volumes. – less
AON Review
HR Benefits Operations Administrator (Former Employee), North York, ONMarch 2, 2014
Pros – Depending on which department you're working, it can be a hit or miss overall working experience. Overall reviews:
- good vacation time (3 weeks plus additional purchase vacation days if needed)
- good health and dental benefits
- flex hours
- work life balance (depending on your role)
- 35 hour work week - will increase to 37.5 in 2014

Cons – more... – When the company was Hewitt Associates, the upper management was more caring and open to their employees. After AON took over, the culture is slowly but surely becoming way more toxic and secretive. Upper management does not care about its employees, only bottom line is important (they treat you as numbers, nothing else)
Aside from that, the negatives:
- paltry pay increase
- incompetent managers
- declining employee morale – less
People influence work environment
Pension Specialist/Administrator (Former Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 28, 2014
I worked for Hewitt Associates before Aon Merged with Hewitt. It is an awesome company to work for. I have heard from former colleages that the merges caused positive changes.
Unfair Employer Aon Hewitt Consulting
Project Analyst (Former Employee), Toronto, OnJanuary 22, 2014
Cons: unfair management and favourite groups
Don't ever think of working here. The worst employee. Management is biased and favoritism thrives. There is no room for a hardworking honest employee. Its is a sneaky scary place
Staff turnover in all depts is unbelievable
insurance company
Customer service Adviser for Participant Benefits (Former Employee), MontrealJanuary 16, 2014
I was working from 9-5,monday to friday. I learned everything about insurance company.My co-working were amazing and very friendly.The hardest part is when the client is angry for no reason. the most enjoyable part was when the client was satisfied. It was located in Montreal Downtown.
Productive workplace with great co workers and culture
Deployment Specialist (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 14, 2014
Pros: long lunches
Cons: having to stay extra if an issue occurs
I really enjoy working at AON where we face challenges and work as a team to resolve any technical issues that may arise.

It was easy as I learnt the process within a day that is to be followed according to the SOP.

The management team and the colleagues are great people to work with.

One of the difficult parts of the jobs was when users requested – more... new computers, which we did not have authorization to. However, speaking to their managers and getting authorizations usually solved this issue.

The most enjoyable part of the job was to perform tasks and learning new methods. – less
Easy going place to work
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Cornwall, ONDecember 13, 2013
Pros: friendly quiet atmosphere
Cons: part time work
Answer telephone inquiries, place orders and assist with typing out forms and letters.
Excellent Company for Students and Graduates
Benefits Analyst (Current Employee), TorontoNovember 18, 2013
Pros: tons of opportunities
Cons: the pay, work-life balance
As a Benefits Analyst, I administer the Benefits for more than 12,000 employees (3 major clients) from a benefits and payroll perspective. My day consist of working anywhere between 8-10 hours per day.
Challenging and fun place to work
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee), TorontoNovember 1, 2013
Challenging and fun place to work. Good shift work options.
Crazy busy place
SENIOR PROJECT MANAGER, CONSULTING TECHNOLOGY (Former Employee), Toronto, ONOctober 31, 2013
Not a great experience at this company. Long hours, morning and evening calls with the team in India, not enough people to do the work.
Decent experience, Bad Work/Life Balance
Pensions Analyst (Former Employee), Toronto, ONOctober 15, 2013
Decent experience, Bad Work/Life Balance, Horrible people wiuth bad attitudes and yelling at you for simple stuff
good job great opportunity to improve my skills and english
Benefits and Pension Associate (Former Employee), Toronto, ONSeptember 16, 2013
all day seated behind the phone waiting for customers to call-in was i bit hard... liked the interchange with the customers.

1 2 3

About Aon

Aon plc is a multinational corporation headquartered in London, United Kingdom, that provides risk management services, insurance – Read more