AOL

AOL Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Outsourced
Account Manager (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKJanuary 3, 2014
Pros: in house training, rewarded daily, motivation masters
Cons: time strict, hard to move up
Awesome management, fun friendly coworkers, rewarded short term, mid term, and long term, consistent awards. Adhere to strict time management but fun dealing with people. Communication skills were fabulously grown and trained upon.
A very innovative workplace
Off-site Storage Specialist (Former Employee), Ashburn, VADecember 26, 2013
Pros: casual and fun
Cons: a temporary position
AOL is one of the most easy going companies I have had the pleasure to work with while still maintaining a professional workplace environment which takes pride in all they do.
interesting place to work
Support Manager (Former Employee), Vienna, VANovember 25, 2013
Pros: relaxed work environment
Cons: changed culture for the worst
For the most part I had an excellent time working at this company but the culture changed and was not very good for long time employees.
Unstable future for AOL
AOL Support Portal Production Platform Owner (Former Employee), Sterling, VANovember 21, 2013
Pros: interesting place and technologies
Cons: layoffs
Year after year it keeps shrinking. Not a safe place to work anymore.
Leading Edge Technology
Sr. Manager (Former Employee), Dulles, VANovember 20, 2013
Pros: good work enviroment
Cons: after tw merger less entrepnureal and more corporate.
Each day provided a new challenge broadening your professional skills. training and professional participation in events was encouraged.
Great Place to work
Director - Account Management (Current Employee), New York, NYNovember 18, 2013
Love working here. Great culture and relaxed environment make it a top place to work.
great leadership, a little fast paced but if you can keep up it's great!
User Interface Designer, Researcher, Moderator (Former Employee), New York, NYNovember 17, 2013
Pros: nice ambience, lots of swag, good company culture
Cons: cubicles are somewhat hard to navigate - open communication not always actively encouraged.
... - or at least it was during my experience! I had a great mentor/leader as a manager when I first started as an intern who I personally credit for the majority of the way I think about and carry out my UX work / style today.
fuyn call center
Customer Service, Retention, Sales (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLNovember 12, 2013
Pros: good job
Cons: company moved
This is a great job for first time job seekers. if the company was still in USA. but they did give us a great package when we lost are jobs.
Good company for their time
Mentor Program (Former Employee), Ogden, UTOctober 28, 2013
Pros: good company
Cons: market conditions outgrew company
Tech support for AOL on both PC and MAC. Mentoring other techs. Promoted into TechLive.
great atmosphere
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Maitland, FlOctober 27, 2013
Pros: growth potential
Cons: got laid off
Great work life balance. lots of growth opportunity. Got lai, but enjoyed the experience
Tech Company
Sales Development Coordinator (Current Employee), New York, NYOctober 23, 2013
Amazing place to work for, learn, and grow! Excellent people, amazing mobility, and filled with great people.
Senior Manager, Partner Management Team (Former Employee), Dulles, VAOctober 13, 2013
Pros: fun place to work
Cons: job security
Responsible for building credibility, establishing rapport, and maintaining communication with AOL’s paid partners regarding sales, marketing, strategic planning, billing, and troubleshooting of any performance or revenue issues.

The people are great and very talented and the job is very challenging.
Great company
Technical Support Engineer (Former Employee), Dulles VaOctober 10, 2013
Great place to work. AOL supports home life as much as work life.
FUN PLACE TO WORK
Customer Care Consultant (Former Employee), Tucson, AZOctober 7, 2013
Pros: fun, relaxed
Cons: sent our jobs to india
INBOUND CALL CENTER PROVDING CUSTOMER SERVICE TO AOL MEMBERS. BECAME EMPLOYEE OF THE MONTH.
Fun work place
Customer Care Consultant -Senior Fraud Specialist (Former Employee), Jacksonville FlOctober 5, 2013
Pros: always gave out awards for best stats
Cons: na
AOL was a Great place to work until they went out of business in 2006. The management was always so eager to help associate achieve their goals for the month by getting on the phones helping when the call volume was high.
Dynamic and Exciting Work Environment
Senior Marketing Manager (Former Employee), New York, NYOctober 1, 2013
AOL offered abundant opportunities via ever-changing roles and internal organizational structures that allowed for greater learning and diversified skillsets
Workplace
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLSeptember 19, 2013
This was a wonderful company to work for. I handled technical support calls, service calls, account set up, payments, and at one point I was a team lead.
fast and fun place to work
SR. Customer Service Consultant/Sales/Retention (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLSeptember 12, 2013
Pros: fun
I enjoyed my role at my job and being able to help solve customer problems. I felt a since of well being after helping a customer take care of a problem.
Fun and Productive
Customer Billing Specialist, , Customer Retention (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLSeptember 10, 2013
Pros: gym, cafeteria, and games
Cons: they moved out of country
Assisted AOL customers with understanding their internet service and a complete breakdown of understanding their bill. AOL I continued learning how to build external and internal business relationships. The hardest part of the job was understanding the importance of how things were done when someone had to be let go.
Overall Great
Advertising Manager (Former Employee), Metro-WestSeptember 10, 2013
Pros: gas money, corporate card for business, self management
Cons: a lot of admin work
My experience working for Patch, AOL was great! Management and staff were extremely helpful and I felt everyone hired deserved to be there.

The culture was a work hard play hard mentality. Very fun, energetic, and at the end of the day if team mates were around after work, activities were well deserved.

About AOL

Though it's no longer a part of Time Warner, AOL is still serving America online. The Web portal serves users with an array of – Read more