AOL

AOL Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Call Center
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Moncton, NBAugust 18, 2014
This is your normal day to day call center. Great training. Lots of room to move up.
Good compensation
Team Supervisor (Former Employee), Ortigas, PhilippinesFebruary 3, 2014
Pros: salary is good
Cons: ot is a bit of problem
the work isn't that hard, I can manage my time and multi-task. Management is good in handling their people.
Productive fun place to work
Marketing Coordinator (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 22, 2014
Pros: birthday celebrations and company events
Cons: dealing with a manager and colleague that bullied me for months.
A typical work day for me started in the implementation of integrated marketing acquisition and retention plans.
I learned a lot about marketing campaigns, budgets and how to target the right audience.
My colleagues at large were great but unfortunately I found that there was a lot of unprofessionalism between some colleagues.
The hardest part of the – more... job for me was learning how to not let things get personal to me.
I loved working with my entire team. I learned a great deal and enjoyed most of my stay at this workplace. – less
first call center experience
Customer Relations Consultant (Former Employee), Moncton, NBAugust 21, 2013
Pros: decent salary
Cons: very stressful job
this was my first call center experience. Taking inbound retention calls for a Canadian ISP
When I was employed at AOL, the atmosphere was greatly relaxed.
Customer Care Representative (Former Employee), Moncton, NBFebruary 24, 2012
Pros: the employers, were very patient with everybody, and would help you in anyway possible.
Cons: benefits, breaks
I believe AOL is a Great place to be employed. The Trainer was well prepared when he taught us. I would recomend this company to everyone!
Rebirth of a Startup
Software Engineer in Test (Current Employee), Baltimore, MDSeptember 6, 2014
Pros: catered lunch once a week, massage chairs, xbox/wii, pool table, ping pong, fully stocked pantries (drinks and snacks)
AOL is leaving competition in the dust by adopting brand new technologies, setting reasonable and ambitious goals and putting the employees first. Every AOL office has its own personality, but one thing is for certain, they're in the business of hiring the best to be the best. With its start-up-like environment and generous benefits, it truly is a great – more... place to work. – less
fun place to work for with alot of spiffs and bonuses
CUSTOMER SERVICE RETENTION REP (Former Employee), Tampa FloridaAugust 29, 2014
Pros: bonus and insentives per day was nice to have
Cons: we were offered the 401k plan health benefits and vacation pay also holiday pay
I would answer calls from customers who wanted to cancel their acct I would tell them about the great benefits that the had on their plan and would offer tem 2 free months of free service to review their plan to see if they wanted to stay with AOL or not I would then ask them if I resolved all of their issues and end the call.
great place to work
Trade (Events) Marketing Manager (Current Employee), New York, NYAugust 14, 2014
everyone works really hard. there is lots of encouragement to innovate and try new things.
Loved that place
Retention Consultant (Former Employee), Tucson AZAugust 6, 2014
Pros: pay
Cons: nothing
Great Money and fun place! I'm not sure if they are open anymore, it was a good job and paid well.
Good place to gain new skills
Sr. Quality Assurance Analyst (Current Employee), Baltimore, MDJuly 22, 2014
I like working in this company a lot. A lot of positive people that make job enjoyable every day.
Outstanding place to work
Coach / Trainer / Retention Specialist (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLJuly 20, 2014
Definitely had the best time working for AOL. Would love the their culture to return.
Help customers with their computer needs
Customer Care Consultant-Tech Support Division (Former Employee), Albuquerque, NMJuly 20, 2014
Pros: lots of overtime, yearly parties for familes
Cons: closed call center
I worked as Tech Support on the phones. I assisted customers in repairing their software to be able to utilize the internet. I enjoyed helping the customers very much and gave excellent customer service each and every call.
Customer Service Power House
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLJuly 14, 2014
Great work environment
Handled a 200 plus calls per day
Co workers were great
Intense
Retention Specialist (Former Employee), Oklahoma CityJuly 11, 2014
50-70 phone calls a day, very upset customer. Stay calm, stay focused
Fun and exciting!
Supervisor (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKJuly 7, 2014
Wonderful benefits and employees were treated very well! Most calls were for taking payments but occasionally there was an angry customer to de-escalate.
Convertro
Sales (Current Employee), Santa MonicaJune 26, 2014
Pros: free lunches
Cons: long hours, bad management, zero culture.
Be prepared to fight for your job. Unhappy co-workers. New hires on-boarding daily. Valuable employees leave for better opportunities. Company is relocating in the near future.
Great people, too many layoffs
Sales Operations Analyst (Former Employee), New York, NYJune 18, 2014
Pros: beer, travel, people
Cons: inability to plan their headcount needs
I left a stable job to work with AOL because they were hot, had great people and a great culture. Two months later I was told my position was eliminated. Thanks for hiring me to begin with...

Great co-workers. Great office and culture. Everyone has a young mentality regardless of age. Very generous benefits package and they were very competitive when – more... negotiating my salary.

Wish I still worked there, but given the unpredictability of the advertising business and their inability to forecast headcount it's probably for the best. – less
Enjoyed the challange for hiring for AOL
Senior Contract/Corporate Recruiter (Former Employee), Palo Alto, CAJune 12, 2014
Pros: weekly free lunches
Loved my boss's management style, great leadership and partner.
productive fun working place great co-workers to work with
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Albuquerque, NMJune 10, 2014
Pros: working in a good environment
Cons: short breaks
A typical day at work was to do a good job and have fun.
learned how to get along with other people of different races and how to work together as a team and how good it felt after the job was done.
Management was good great owner and supervisors
hardest part of the job was try no to curse customers out that curse you out.
Most enjoyable part of the – more... job was seeing that good pay check that I had to use to pay my bills and knowing they gave me the opportunity to work for a good company. – less
Community Engagement
Senior Advertising Manager (Former Employee), Minneapolis, MNMay 30, 2014
Had a great time there. Loved working with and meeting people.
Loved the co-workers, fun times.

1 2 3 4 5

About AOL

Though it's no longer a part of Time Warner, AOL is still serving America online. The Web portal┬áserves users with an array of – Read more