AOL

AOL Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Good compensation
Team Supervisor (Former Employee), Ortigas, PhilippinesFebruary 3, 2014
Pros: salary is good
Cons: ot is a bit of problem
the work isn't that hard, I can manage my time and multi-task. Management is good in handling their people.
Productive fun place to work
Marketing Coordinator (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 22, 2014
Pros: birthday celebrations and company events
Cons: dealing with a manager and colleague that bullied me for months.
A typical work day for me started in the implementation of integrated marketing acquisition and retention plans.
I learned a lot about marketing campaigns, budgets and how to target the right audience.
My colleagues at large were great but unfortunately I found that there was a lot of unprofessionalism between some colleagues.
The hardest part of the – more... job for me was learning how to not let things get personal to me.
I loved working with my entire team. I learned a great deal and enjoyed most of my stay at this workplace. – less
first call center experience
Customer Relations Consultant (Former Employee), Moncton, NBAugust 21, 2013
Pros: decent salary
Cons: very stressful job
this was my first call center experience. Taking inbound retention calls for a Canadian ISP
Good place to gain new skills
Sr. Quality Assurance Analyst (Current Employee), Baltimore, MDJuly 22, 2014
I like working in this company a lot. A lot of positive people that make job enjoyable every day.
Help customers with their computer needs
Customer Care Consultant-Tech Support Division (Former Employee), Albuquerque, NMJuly 20, 2014
Pros: lots of overtime, yearly parties for familes
Cons: closed call center
I worked as Tech Support on the phones. I assisted customers in repairing their software to be able to utilize the internet. I enjoyed helping the customers very much and gave excellent customer service each and every call.
Customer Service Power House
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLJuly 14, 2014
Great work environment
Handled a 200 plus calls per day
Co workers were great
Intense
Retention Specialist (Former Employee), Oklahoma CityJuly 11, 2014
50-70 phone calls a day, very upset customer. Stay calm, stay focused
Fun and exciting!
Supervisor (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKJuly 7, 2014
Wonderful benefits and employees were treated very well! Most calls were for taking payments but occasionally there was an angry customer to de-escalate.
Convertro
Sales (Current Employee), Santa MonicaJune 26, 2014
Pros: free lunches
Cons: long hours, bad management, zero culture.
Be prepared to fight for your job. Unhappy co-workers. New hires on-boarding daily. Valuable employees leave for better opportunities. Company is relocating in the near future.
Great people, too many layoffs
Sales Operations Analyst (Former Employee), New York, NYJune 18, 2014
Pros: beer, travel, people
Cons: inability to plan their headcount needs
I left a stable job to work with AOL because they were hot, had great people and a great culture. Two months later I was told my position was eliminated. Thanks for hiring me to begin with...

Great co-workers. Great office and culture. Everyone has a young mentality regardless of age. Very generous benefits package and they were very competitive when – more... negotiating my salary.

Wish I still worked there, but given the unpredictability of the advertising business and their inability to forecast headcount it's probably for the best. – less
Enjoyed the challange for hiring for AOL
Senior Contract/Corporate Recruiter (Former Employee), Palo Alto, CAJune 12, 2014
Pros: weekly free lunches
Loved my boss's management style, great leadership and partner.
productive fun working place great co-workers to work with
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Albuquerque, NMJune 10, 2014
Pros: working in a good environment
Cons: short breaks
A typical day at work was to do a good job and have fun.
learned how to get along with other people of different races and how to work together as a team and how good it felt after the job was done.
Management was good great owner and supervisors
hardest part of the job was try no to curse customers out that curse you out.
Most enjoyable part of the – more... job was seeing that good pay check that I had to use to pay my bills and knowing they gave me the opportunity to work for a good company. – less
Community Engagement
Senior Advertising Manager (Former Employee), Minneapolis, MNMay 30, 2014
Had a great time there. Loved working with and meeting people.
Loved the co-workers, fun times.
The AOL culture was in transition because of rapid expansion
Transition Project Manager and Coordinator (Former Employee), Vienna, VAMay 16, 2014
Pros: free culture
Cons: none that i can think of
Excellent company with excellent benefits.
I had freedom to explore different venues in my work experience.
This enabled me to grow because I was exposed to many different types of experiences
Best job I ever had
Executive Assistant (Former Employee), Dulles, VAMay 10, 2014
Pros: new and exciting work
Cons: some long work days
As executive assistant for an international internet company was an exellent experience. Learned about international travel and meetings. Was allowed to expand my skills by attending my executives meetings with him/her. Co-workers were very professional. Hardest part was long work days. This position would sometimes need me to work until 10 pm. Most – more... enjoyable part of the job was that it was unlike any type of executive support I had ever done. – less
Work Review
Contracted employee (Former Employee), Oakhurst, CaMay 5, 2014
Pros: fun place to work
Cons: aol closed down facility
Only Help Desk tech for 100 user development site. Also maintained Novell network.
This was one of the best Companies to work for Before Time Warner buy out.
Customer Care Consultant (Former Employee), Tucson,AzApril 29, 2014
Pros: this is the place that every day was a new adventure. we all had fun at what we did.
Cons: i have not found that at this time for other job or places to work.
This was a company that had recliners in the lounge, Televisions, DVD Players, and made you feel like your second home. There were so many different things I learned working for AOL. (1) How a computer really worked and why it worked. (2) How to break the software and then fix the computers software. What to do with software to fix or tweak. To make – more... work on the application. more of your co-workers were like family and treated you like family. Even today still keep in touch with many of the ex-workers. Most problematic part of the job is when new spyware came to light and finding ways to fix the problem. The best part was the people you worked with and how we took care of each other. If you had a bad day you could say this is just my day and was accepted for that. This company was all about team work.

I well tell of a time when was at lunch in the lunch room and the owner of Aol came in to the lunch room to eat his lunch as well. I did not know him at that time by face but got into a conversation with him and was to find out he was the owner of AOL. His name is Steve Case and he was a very nice person to talk to. There was other time had very long conversation with about different software to come in the future. What thought would be problem with and so on?

This was the best experience in the work place for me. Have never work for a company like that sense that time. I would love to find a new place that had that kind of thoughts in mind. – less
Up and down
TPM (Former Employee), Dulles, VAApril 29, 2014
Pros: contributing to the news and various special interests, contributions published to many is very rewarding.
Cons: very cut-throat and competitive, regular layoffs, modest sense of uncertainty.
AOL has some of the best minds in the business focused on delivering relevant content to it's mass audience. Finding the right part of the business for you can be a challenge.
Dream job at the time
Technical Support (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLApril 28, 2014
Help customers over the phone with technical issues. Dealt with irate as well as nice customers most of the time.
One of the best jobs ever!
Executive Assistant to SVP and General Manager (Former Employee), Dulles, VAApril 25, 2014
Pros: huge learning environment with opportunities to grow at every turn.
Cons: it was sold after the owner died.
SHERIKON was an 8(a) company that graduated 8(a) status with several million dollars of revenue. We were a government contractor with sites all over the US. When I first started there were only 200 people, when the company was sold to Anteon (now General Dynamics), there were over 1,000.

My boss was also my mentor. I leaned about RFPs, SOWs, the FAR – more... and all that goes into government contracting. We provided training to all our site on running their contracts and finding follow on work with each of the agencies we worked with. – less

1 2 3 4 5

About AOL

Though it's no longer a part of Time Warner, AOL is still serving America online. The Web portal┬áserves users with an array of – Read more