AOL

AOL Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Call Center
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Moncton, NBAugust 18, 2014
This is your normal day to day call center. Great training. Lots of room to move up.
Good compensation
Team Supervisor (Former Employee), Ortigas, PhilippinesFebruary 3, 2014
Pros: salary is good
Cons: ot is a bit of problem
the work isn't that hard, I can manage my time and multi-task. Management is good in handling their people.
Productive fun place to work
Marketing Coordinator (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 22, 2014
Pros: birthday celebrations and company events
Cons: dealing with a manager and colleague that bullied me for months.
A typical work day for me started in the implementation of integrated marketing acquisition and retention plans.
I learned a lot about marketing campaigns, budgets and how to target the right audience.
My colleagues at large were great but unfortunately I found that there was a lot of unprofessionalism between some colleagues.
The hardest part of the – more... job for me was learning how to not let things get personal to me.
I loved working with my entire team. I learned a great deal and enjoyed most of my stay at this workplace. – less
first call center experience
Customer Relations Consultant (Former Employee), Moncton, NBAugust 21, 2013
Pros: decent salary
Cons: very stressful job
this was my first call center experience. Taking inbound retention calls for a Canadian ISP
When I was employed at AOL, the atmosphere was greatly relaxed.
Customer Care Representative (Former Employee), Moncton, NBFebruary 24, 2012
Pros: the employers, were very patient with everybody, and would help you in anyway possible.
Cons: benefits, breaks
I believe AOL is a Great place to be employed. The Trainer was well prepared when he taught us. I would recomend this company to everyone!
fun place to work at. nice people
Linux Associate System Administrator (Former Employee), Dulles, VANovember 20, 2014
fun place to work at. nice people. most important when working there, i got great help in learning new technologies, everyone was a sr or principal sys admin, i was a junior and they have helped me a lot.
Productive and fun place to work
Registration Consultant (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKNovember 18, 2014
Very fast pace hotel, I have an extreme passion for customer service and assisting people. The hardest part of the job is trying to satifiy every single need of guest. The most enjoyable part of this job is putting smiles on faces.
Interesting place to work
Principal Software Engineer (Current Employee), Dulles, VANovember 8, 2014
Pros: nice facilities, good benefits. flexible hours.
Cons: too many layoffs every year. mangers only care about numbers not real people
AOL is a interesting place to work. In my organization, people are more technical including managers. We used to have a lot of learning opportunities and fun activities. But it is very hard, close to zero to advance career.
Professionally and friendly workplace
Call center agent (Former Employee), RomaniaOctober 27, 2014
A working day, or better said night (because I was calling from Romania to U.S.A) is starting with a big cup of coffee which every agent takes before actually settling down at the office and start answering the phone and with big smiles and jokes between mates and our team supervisor.
Thus, a typical day at work starts with greeting each other, smiling – more... and asking how was our day so far meanwhile logging into our computers and programmes, Once everyone is logged phones begin to ring and I start to talk with my clients over the phone. At every second you hear on the work floor calm voices explaing to the customers over the phone, the situatuion that they have on their accounts and offering best resolutions to our clients in order for them to be willing to resolve and bring into good standing their account eith Aol. It has happened many times that when the client picked up the phone and heard who is calling( outbound calls) would start to shout and get irate because of the complicated situation and the outstanding balance he-she has, but everytime, me or my colleagues deal with these calls in the most professional manner and using the most calm voice easing the customer and make him-her laugh over the phone and apologize for being angry at us.
Sometimes, it happens that the member would want to escalate the call to a supervisor and we gladily do that,but not before explaining him/her we are more than able to handle the situation and explain again the problem and the multitude of ways we can resolve it so that we can take all the credits for the issue being solved, and consequently for the member to say: 'I still want to talk to your manager to tell him how professionally you handled this phone call, how you empathised with me and that he must reward your hard working' which I am happy to escalate to my team manager.
At the end of the day, ehich was at 3 o'clock in the morning we are all left without our voices, but happy we made our clients happy and aware of all the great benefits they get from Aol at really convinient prices. So we all rush home for a good sleep and with our mind set for the new day coming ahead to act like previous or even better as we are looking for excellence in everything we do.
I really enjoyed 1 year and 7 months with Aol in Romania! – less
Very productive and challenging
Technical Support Agent (Former Employee), BucharestOctober 23, 2014
I had a great experience at this workplace. The Management was very supportive and always tried to make us evolve. The hardest part of the job was complying to the rules and regulations of the Corporation. I enjoyed a lot this work because I was in a constant attempt to find solutions for our members who used our software.
Fun and productive place to work
Interactive Media Developer (Former Employee), Dulles, VAOctober 14, 2014
AOL was a great place to work. It was fun, not stifling and at the same time was a very productive environment. AOL promoted a lot of team work and it showed during the generous team building outings.
Summary for AOL
Sales/Customer Service (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLOctober 8, 2014
Pros: free internet service
Cons: the entire office of aol was closed in jacksonville florida
I would like to state that the position at AOL was so different from most jobs, the position at AOL was different each day with lots of variety of job functions with a fun environment that produced high performance.
The team of co-workers were a good group to work with as well as the Managment.
The most enjoyable part of the job however were the Customers – more... and the pleasure you received from being able to help them. – less
Goals not aligned
TIER 3 TECHNICAL SUPPORT (Former Employee), Brandon, FLOctober 3, 2014
Pros: free soda
Cons: culture of churning over calls
AOL outsourced support to Stream, whose goal was to answer as many calls as possible rather than resolve customer issues. The obvious result of this disparity was poor customer service and dissatisfied customers.
horrible place to work
Billing/Customer Service/Sales and Collections (Former Employee), Tampa, FLSeptember 30, 2014
Cons: everything
No job security, they lied to customers and departments close down every week.
fun place to work....concentrated areas for relaxation during breaks
Renewal Payment and Marketing Consultant (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLSeptember 25, 2014
Pros: daily celebration of work excellence
Cons: shutting the location down
This was one of the best places I have ever worked. It had the relaxing atmosphere of a lot of tech companies. The flexibility of the schedule and the opportunity for overtime and advancement was great. I was returning back to school during that time and went part-time for half the year and because of the overtime opportunity and bonus structure, I – more... did not suffer financially.The facility was built to accomodate a balance to the work life. – less
AOL
High Speed Registration Specialist (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKSeptember 23, 2014
Pros: management, education, positive environment
Cons: closed center
I loved working at AOL. I had excellent management, and although the calls were difficult at times, the managers provided support and suggestions for issues. There was a real sense of family, even with a large company. Unfortunately the call center closed, but I took what I learned from my position there, and applied those things to my other jobs, as – more... well as every day life. – less
Ok pay but a lot of stipulations to make bonus.
Consumer Sales Consultant (Former Employee), Oklahoma CitySeptember 15, 2014
Pay was lower than other positions in the call center. Had to worry about managment having it out for you.
Rebirth of a Startup
Software Engineer in Test (Current Employee), Baltimore, MDSeptember 6, 2014
Pros: catered lunch once a week, massage chairs, xbox/wii, pool table, ping pong, fully stocked pantries (drinks and snacks)
AOL is leaving competition in the dust by adopting brand new technologies, setting reasonable and ambitious goals and putting the employees first. Every AOL office has its own personality, but one thing is for certain, they're in the business of hiring the best to be the best. With its start-up-like environment and generous benefits, it truly is a great – more... place to work. – less
fun place to work for with alot of spiffs and bonuses
CUSTOMER SERVICE RETENTION REP (Former Employee), Tampa FloridaAugust 29, 2014
Pros: bonus and insentives per day was nice to have
Cons: we were offered the 401k plan health benefits and vacation pay also holiday pay
I would answer calls from customers who wanted to cancel their acct I would tell them about the great benefits that the had on their plan and would offer tem 2 free months of free service to review their plan to see if they wanted to stay with AOL or not I would then ask them if I resolved all of their issues and end the call.
great place to work
Trade (Events) Marketing Manager (Current Employee), New York, NYAugust 14, 2014
everyone works really hard. there is lots of encouragement to innovate and try new things.

1 2 3 4 5

About AOL

Though it's no longer a part of Time Warner, AOL is still serving America online. The Web portal serves users with an array of – Read more