Anytime Fitness Employee Reviews

Great enviornment
Personal Trainer/Sales (Current Employee) –  Guelph, ON7 November 2017
Everyone is so friendly, comfortable environment. Non intimidating atmosphere, and vert supportive staff. Members are amazing and it is the happiest work place you can join!
Pros
Free membership
Cons
Hours vary
Mediocre Ownership
Member Services Co-ordinator (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON12 October 2017
Privately owned gym with lack lustre amenities and poorly run management. Gym members often pointed the blame at the employees for things such as broken equipment and double charged gym fees, when those things were out of their control.
quality controller /production manager
any job (Former Employee) –  Fredricton26 August 2017
I am new comer on PR . I have worked in sri Lanka as quality controller / Production manager 20 years. I don't have working experience in Canada then I am expecting any kind of job with or without salary
verey power full hard worker at any time
Driver (Former Employee) –  Toronto Pearson International Airport, ON19 August 2017
i was working at any time with hight presuer at any time hard worker with full of respect i trust my god do my best respect in duty is my habit and i will don my duty on my time
Customer service and Training
Customer Service Representative & Consultant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 August 2017
I worked for Anytime Fitness for 4 months and I had a very good experience with the owner/manager and clients. The gym is pretty small but you will feel very comfortable and meet the best people in Toronto
Don't work here
Employee (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB8 August 2017
Keep in mind, all Anytime Fitness facilities are owned by different owners, so there will be different experiences. This is specific to the majority of the Edmonton owned locations.
While the members of the gym were amazing, they were the only part of the job that was worth while.
The owners don't pay out vacation pay, statutory holidays or commission. You'll have to check every pay stub because you will be missing pay without notice or reason. The owners are very inappropriate (referring to sales as 'picking up chicks' or 'scoring') and will belittle you, be condescending and even yell at you if they're having a bad day.
Pros
free membership
Cons
inappropriate owners, missing pay
Club Manager October (Former Employee) –  Ingersoll, ON13 July 2017
When there is an issue that needs to be resolved management is either away on holidays, busy with another club or listens but never changes/fixes or addresses an issue with what is happening. They do not believe family is important as they are making their own family with the employees
Great company, Great owners
Human Resources Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 July 2017
Great company, Great brand, Growth, Good owners. Understanding and communicates with their staffs. All things are typically compensated. Easy going environment.
Pros
The people
Cons
The mess people leave behind
My favorite job yet
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB20 May 2017
Working at anytime has taught me a lot about what it takes to run a business, it taught me to handle different situations along with working on my own.
Pros
Free membership
decent place to work.
Manager in Training (Current Employee) –  Strathmore, AB3 May 2017
Enjoyed the people i got to engage with at work. Opportunities for advancement are limited. Enjoyed working in a an athletic up-beat environment and being a part of the gym life style.
It was overall a good job and was nice to work around friendly people.
Fitness Staff (Former Employee) –  Strathmore, AB23 April 2017
It was a good job. It did have some cons being in school while working there. Overall I learned how to always be social while at work and deal with many different individuals. The environment there was very friendly. It was hard to get days off, but overall the hours were good.
Pros
High paying, no set hours, good breaks.
Cons
Going in some mornig before school, not many people to cover my shifts.
Great social place & motivating environment
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Warman, SK12 April 2017
Typical day: phone calls, tidy gym, greeting people, stocking shelves with supplements
Learned- great social skills
Management- Very good and understandable, got their work down, let their workers know what they can improve on and what they do well at
Culture- Fun, live, energetic, motivating
Hardest part- Motivating members again who did not feel so motivated anymore
Best part- meeting new people, motivating members that they can meet their fitness goals
Pros
Free membership & discount on supplements
Cons
Sometimes had nothing to do
Friendly environment with clean and new equipment
Membership Services Associate (Current Employee) –  Markham, ON12 April 2017
Management is fantastic. Very understanding, kind, and overall atmosphere of the gym is clean and friendly with regular members coming in often. Standards are well kept and staff are easy to work with.
good enviroment
Self emloyed Peronal trainer, Yoga teacher (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON26 March 2017
no additional information good company to work for learned a lot I have a passion for training individuals met alot of clients love helping people change their lives
Had a great time working for anytime fitness. Very friendly.
Wellness cosultant/ Sales representitive (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB21 March 2017
No complaints for working for anytime fitness. I really enjoyed working for them, I just moved back to Ontario and could not continue my employment here.
Energetic, Engaged, Passionate Workplace
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Ingersoll, ON7 March 2017
Anytime Fitness allowed me to explore many different avenues, working with a diverse group of talented and focused people. The energy was contagious, exciting and the position was very fun. It allowed me to grow as an individual and a team member. I highly recommend this position to many people. I unfortunately left due to school but I would have been happy to stay on board! The management team works with integrity, passion, compassion and absolute love for others.
The training is effective, helpful and never ends. Upper staff are so helpful and supportive!
Productive, fun place to learn and teach
Weights Manager (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON3 March 2017
Great staff, fun at work , taught many people how to use the weights, could get tough sometimes but managed to teach them. Learnt more about the body then the types of movements that are used to make the muscle bigger.
Pros
Learnt about the body
Unprofessional work environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Bolton, ON17 February 2017
Very unprofessional work environment. The Owner is too laid back allowing staff to mess around all day. The owner is very unfair to staff allowing some to slack off and others not too.
Pros
Flexible hours, great manager
Cons
Owner sucks, not a lot of hours
Great Franchise
Club Manager/ Personal Trainer (Former Employee) –  Campbell River, BC2 February 2017
Very community involved
Fun atmosphere
Franchise owner is your boss
Hardest part was there was at times not enough support, very focused on sales. Lots of work with little amount of staff.
Very high expectations
Pros
The members and relationships, great community involvement
Cons
Business model of low overhead and your club environment is dictated by franshise owner
It was great
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB5 January 2017
great culture, loved talking to the all the members, made some lifelong friends from the job. however the managers weren't that great at being personable with staff and seemed to not care much about creating a good rapore with me.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Anytime Fitness. Our community is ready to answer.