Antian Professional Services Inc. is an event and exhibit management service provider. We are currently working on an event/project that will be taking place in Montreal from April 22-27, 2013. A critical component to this project is our volunteer recruitment and management program. We will be looking to have over 250 volunteers to fill various roles over a 6 day period.
We are in search of a Volunteer Coordinator for a 3 month contract position. The coordinator will be responsible for the planning, recruitment, screening, selection, training, motivation and collaborating on the evaluation of volunteers. Tracking and reporting on volunteer activity, training and recognition is essential to the success of this role. A key component of this position is the promotion of volunteering opportunities to the public, and maintaining a positive image of the organization within the community.
RESPONSIBILITIES and FUNCTIONS MAY INCLUDE:
- Recruit, select, screen, orient, and train volunteers.
- Revise and edit current volunteer job descriptions
- Strong Computer skills including MS Office, Newsgroups, Social Media, and working with databases (non-technical)
- Maintain program statistics and prepare reports.
- Process applications and screening for volunteers.
- Assign and supervise program volunteers and/or assist supervisory staff in this task.
- Plan and facilitate meetings for volunteers and coordinate activities.
- Develop, prepare and deliver educational materials for volunteer training and volunteer communications.
- Respond to questions and calls concerning volunteer opportunities.
- Facilitate meetings with community groups to discuss possible activities, volunteer recruitment opportunities.
- May assist with special events and other tasks.
- Provide feedback on quality improvement process.
This list of functions is not intended to be exhaustive.
Requirements: (**MUST BE BILINGUAL IN FRENCH/ENGLISH)
- Management experience and success with individual/group recruitment & retention;
- Experience in motivating and supporting people;
- Proven expertise in public speaking and presentation;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills;
- History of producing results in stressful situations;
- Ability to work independently and work well within a team environment and take a proactive stance in project completion.
- Knowledge of Aboriginal community and culture
- Ability to work some evenings and weekends
- Availability to work FT the week of April 22-27; includes days in excess of 12 hours
- Ability to be flexible and responsive to emerging needs
- Must be located in Ottawa or Montreal.
Please email your resume and place in the subject line "QNE Volunteer Coordinator".
Event and Exhibit Management Service Provider