Anthem, Inc. Employee Reviews

Case Management-South Florida
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Broward County, FL16 December 2017
Very poor organizational structure within the long term care department. They will have you driving all over the place. Anthem has a poor reimbursement for milage. They don't like to pay overtime, even though employees are eligible.
Poor support and terrible equipment for home workers.
Pros
health insurance provided
Cons
no work like balance
Strict attendance adherence policy
OUTREACH CARE SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  El Paso, TX13 December 2017
Employees treated like adults but for that reason attendance policy is very strict. Raises given every year and advancement is possible. Holidays are paid and hours are great.
Benefits
Cons
Great place to work for accomodation not so great.
Pharmacy Prior Authorization Department, CCR I (Current Employee) –  Mason, OH13 December 2017
I have been working here for almost a year. Recently did a shift bid. Top of the line got the bad end of the stick. Newer people got the better shifts
Pros
good pay, nice enviroment.
Cons
short lunches, no appreciation.
Big Dumb Company
SOFTWARE ENGINEERING TEAM LEAD (Former Employee) –  Denver, co12 December 2017
It's a giant company with good and bad but IT loved to outsource/offshore and layoff, unless everyone is gone by now.

It has the size to succeed despite its faults. If you get in the right place, you can coast for a long time.
Overall it was and ok place to work
Customer Care Representative I (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VA11 December 2017
Great place to work and learn new things..I thought this will a career move for me. But due to the contract ending I was not able to stay. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to assist many different people with their health insurance. A job were you felt as you were making a difference.
Enjoyable working atmophere
Administrative Assistant II (Current Employee) –  Mason, OH11 December 2017
I love my job and the people I work with. I have learned a lot and that makes it more likely that I can anticipate the needs of the people I support.
Pros
I enjoy the work I do in supporting a few Staff Vps
Cons
A far drive to/from work
Don’t care about employees
HR Payroll Operations Sr (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, IN10 December 2017
It was all about the business not their employees. They don’t care you. Not enough people to do the job, overworked. Letting employees go and not replacing them.
Management was not in touch with L1 techs
Senior Analyst (Former Employee) –  Cary, NC10 December 2017
Management did not care abo it anything other than the SLA. My pay for my job role was not in line with the industry. And it was not just mer it was pretty much everyone there at the service desk. There is a very high turn over rate and not many people replacing them. I left on 2 week notice moving onto a contract that fell through after signing the paperwork.
Cons
Good workplace very fun and
CSR & Floor Trainer (Former Employee) –  Denver, CO10 December 2017
People were very very good job I'm very fun always something new. Good payplus good management. Also paid time off benefits. Also opportunity for advancement
Pros
Eager-to-please employees
Cons
no real cons
productive and professional
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Newbury Park, CA 913209 December 2017
A relaxed atmosphere but very much professional and very supportive training was A+atmosphere A+co-workers very professional and kind a family like atmosphere help was always available treated like adults that we are
Pros
Training, coaching
Cons
cannot think of any
Great place to Network
Greivance/Appeals Analyst I (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VA7 December 2017
Great company to work for but it just depends on the department. I learned a lot working in claims and met some great people along the way. Would recommend to orhers.
Pros
Benefits and job advancement
Cons
Lack of training
Great place to work, full benefits
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Midland, GA7 December 2017
You got to pick your own schedules, so the hours are extremely flexible. You get paid training for 8 weeks, amazing benefits including med, dental, life, and vision, and paid time off. The calls could be stressful and the hours could get a little long, but the pay and benefits make up for it.
Pros
Breaks, benefits, pay
Cons
Lots of stress
productive, fun and understanding
Member Services (Current Employee) –  Denver, CO7 December 2017
i love working at anthem, it feels like working with a loving family,makes you want to put in more efforts towards a productive job, the environment is very relaxing and friendly too.they take care of thier own.
great organization
Director (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, IN6 December 2017
lots of longevity with seasoned health insurance industry experts.

very collaborative and continually striving for greater results and performance through best practices.
Pros
great company
Cons
large organization
Customer Service
Analyst (Former Employee) –  Reno, NV6 December 2017
The actual customer service managers are very competent, however the upper management is very shady. They would deliberately keep their customers in the day about what doctors in the ER are in network to save the company money.
Good job lots of opportunity
Customer Care/Provider Representative II (Current Employee) –  Roanoke, VA6 December 2017
busy a lot of information to learn but you get used to 70-120 calls a day great place to work good managers can get stressful every now and then good benefits
Pros
benefits job security good people
Cons
PTO is earned per pay period
Quiet environment
Security Analyst (Current Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VA5 December 2017
In a typical day, you check the ticket board and emails to resolve users which all of them are servers admin issues. I learned how to work with McAfee ePO Whitelisting. All co-workers are nice and friendly, there is no hard part about this job.
Pros
Lots of parking space
Worst place to work for
Customer Care Rep 3 (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VA5 December 2017
Anthem has no flexibility with their employees schedule. They all about what you can do for them but people have lives outside of Anthem .The training sucks and it really don't prepare you when you get on the floor. Managers are clueless of their job functions but know how to fire you and fine faults.
Cons
pay, flexibility, managers
Growing pains
Developer/Analyst (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VA4 December 2017
Many changes over the years as the company went from being located in Virginia to having merged with companies in 14 states. Challenges with business not co-located.
nice place
customer service (Current Employee) –  richmond, va3 December 2017
you meet different people and nice environment and its a positive place to learn new things
they are flexible with hours and depending on management...you can work at home
Pros
learn a lot
Cons
advancement is slow in some departments

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Anthem, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.