Arnprior Aerospace Inc. combines facilities from Canada and Mexico to develop and manufacture aerospace structure and components for North America’s largest aerospace companies. We are recruiting for an *Estimating Engineer* at our Arnprior Ontario location.
Located less than 30 minutes from the national capital region, Arnprior supplies endless outdoor activities including camping, fishing, hunting, white water rafting, cycling.
- Develop detailed cost estimates for integrated aerospace offerings to support Requests for Proposal (RFP) and other customer requirements
- Investigate, interpret, and make recommendations related to OEM specifications and requirements to assist company's bidding and costing approach
- Coordinate applicable activities with the Arnprior Engineering Design and Liaison teams.
- Conduct assessments and provide recommendations related to new bid opportunities.
- Assume ownership of assigned cost estimates from time of receipt until closure
- Develop/determine time standards for Statement of Work (SOW) and re-assess as required.
- Conduct Make/Buy analysis as required
- Communicate with internal and external customers as required
- Assist in benchmarking exercises and lead cross functional estimating teams
- Respond to customer inquiries and support as required
- Identify and capitalize on internal/external competitive advantages
- Conduct process checks/analysis to validate estimates versus actual results, and ad hoc tasks or project activities as required
- Provide backup support to other members of the estimating team
Mandatory Job Requirements
- Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering degree from a recognized university
- Superior computing skills - MS Office Excel & Access
- Bondable - able to work in Canada and eligible for a Canadian security clearance
- Drafting/blueprint reading and geometric design & tolerancing (GD&T)
- 1-5 years experience in Estimating Engineering in the field of Aerospace
- Understanding of direct and indirect influences on product cost
- Ability to work with large complex models, utilizing advanced functions
- Other applicable aerospace qualifications/knowledge/experience
- Knowledge of "special processes" (e.g. chemical conversion coding/heat treat)
- Knowledge of various aerospace OEM Process Specifications
- Hard skills knowledge: metal, composite, assembly
- APICS, AACE, SCEA certification and an understanding of CAD/CAM and CNC equipment
- Knowledge of manufacturing tool types and usages, as well as metallurgy
- Understanding of aerospace configuration management system and manufacturing techniques
- Experience in project management and experience in developing and presenting business cases
Applicants must be eligible to meet requirements for Canadian Controlled Goods Program (CGP) and U.S. International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). Interested applicants can apply with their resume and cover letter addressed to the Arnprior Aerospace Human Resources Department.
Application Deadline: 3:30pm Monday, August 5, 2013
Indeed - 7 months ago
Arnprior Aerospace Inc. combines facilities from Canada, the United States and Mexico to develop and manufacture aerospace structure and...