ANN INC. Employee Reviews

Cares
Co-Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 July 2017
This company really cares about their team both in US and in Canada. Very pleasant and best customer service provided in a retailing store. They do care and put a lot more in the people they hire and stands behind you in the work you do. Very positive company!
Pros
really care about their team both management and associates!!!!
Cons
the salary is a bit low. only get 1/2 lunch for a full time associate
Pathetic pay, rude customers and childishness!
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON12 March 2017
I hated working here. The pay is next to nothing and the work is tough; too much cleaning, pressure to sale a whole lot, running around for customers, drama...I`ve seen good employees who work hard get treated like dirt and bad employees would get brown nosed and sucked up to for some reason. The younger employees are drama queens. Managers need to keep them in line but they don`t bother. Ann Taylor Square One, you will leave your good employees feeling like there is no loyalty and then they`ll leave! I felt as though I had to walk on eggshells when I worked there, these ladies look for every reason including no reason to throw you under the bus.
Pros
Square One gift cards, the clothes are good quality.
Cons
Immature and young staff
Sales
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 February 2017
Very busy, but not the best experience. I have learned that working as a sales associate is not the right path for me. A typical day at work was it being busy all the time, and helping out the customers to the best ability.
Fun workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON29 January 2017
Great opportunity to excel in fashion and design. Learn customer service skills, and the ability to resolve problems in a quick and effective manner in order to meet customer's demands.
Bullied by Managers
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON23 January 2017
I worked at the Square One location for about a year. A typical day at work consisted of changing signs, cleaning, folding, restocking, assisting clients, steaming clothes with a old steamer (which burned my hand every time I used it), and dealing with managers who have no respect for fellow employees. I learned that there are better, more well paying jobs out there and this is probably the worst location to work at. The managers try too hard to compete with Eaton Centre's revenue, when clearly Ann Taylor at Square One doesn't get even close to the same amount of clients, or people willing to spend a lot on the pricey clothing. The managers are rude, and show a lot of favouritism. People who do well and work hard reap little benefit, as there is no room for growth, or promotion. You're pretty much stuck in the same position you applied for. The store managers pressure you to quit if they don't like you, regardless of how much profit and clients you bring in. Moreover, this place will make you very depressed due to the large amount of negativity from sales leads, as well as store managers. They trash employees behind their backs and say mean things to other employees. The store managers have really fake attitudes, and the sales leads seem bipolar. They also do not follow Ann Taylor's code of conduct, and give clients an overly difficult time when they're returning or exchanging products, even if it's just because of the way the clothing fits. They're constantly saying bad things about clients as well. Very unprofessional environment to work in. You're also expected to only wear  more... clothing from the new collection, regardless of if you can afford it or not. Sometimes you are given barely any work hours, and expected to buy clothing that costs more than your actual income.  less
Pros
The clothes are good quality, if you can afford them (They're really expensive even with discounts)
Cons
Your money goes back into the company through the clothes that you're required to wear, managers are rude and disrespectful, no benefits, low wages, no room for growth
Horrible Managers and Great Products...Not enough to keep staff.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON23 October 2016
A shift consists of worrying about what mood certain managers would be in + running around for customers all while being talked down to. There are days when I would be so anxious it would make me want to quit on the spot. Not something to look forward to before each shift. Co workers are fine but managers don't do anything about cliques that form. The hardest part of my job is dealing with managers who 'bad talk' an associate while that person isn't there. One manager in particular, is known to be a bully who has made a few of the sales associates cry but no one does anything about it. The work is back breaking + there is a lot of cleaning to be done when closing. It does sometimes feel like slave labour. The most enjoyable part of the job is styling clients/customers with the beautiful merchandise. It is very rewarding to make clients happy.

The turn over rate in terms of staff of super quick because nobody wants to stay.
Pros
Good discounts, lovely pieces, beautiful store setup.
Cons
Mean managers, favoritism and low wages, no benefits.
Company that values employees
Sales Lead (Full-time) (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON15 September 2016
Great company, they really care about human resources. They also value their clients and the company's mission. Now as a store manager I can see a lot of more potential on what could be done with the resources they have.
They could invest more on developing people, coaching should be something more constant.
Ann Taylor
Sales Specialist (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON28 July 2016
Greet customers and assist them in selecting wardrobe items and accessories. Helping management and co-workers achieve sales and setting up displays.
Pros
Wearing Ann Taylor products in the store.
Great teams inspired to put their best foot forwards everyday
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 April 2016
Loft gives you the ability to work where you love to shop. Store teams are full of energetic and genuine people. A typical day keeps you busy, managing shipment, visual standards and hiring.
Pros
Great discount
Cons
New to Canada
Fun workplace
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON15 November 2015
Providing genuine customer service is part of working at Ann Inc.
It is fun to style customers and boost their confidence with great outfits. Co-workers are a great support because we are a team.
Love working here
Sales Associate, Cashier and Stylist (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON15 October 2015
As a first time sales associate at a retail job i am happy to say that it has been a great experience. I have and still work with wonderful people who make the workplace environment a welcoming and loving one. Definitely enjoy working here.
Pros
Great Staff
Productive/Amazing Work Experience
Stock Manager, Full-time (Current Employee) –  Toronto, Ontario10 January 2015
Working for Ann Taylor was a interesting experience. From the day to day problem solving to meeting amazing people/clients.

In the past year and a half I feel I have grown both personally and professionally. Working for Ann Taylor I have learned various skills such as customer service skills (i.e. working with clients who enjoy shopping with a high-end retail company) problem solving skills, working with an amazing group of woman, maintaining a heathy and safe environment for clients as well as employees and working closely with employees within head office.

Working for Ann Taylor was an enjoyable experience and I appreciate the amazing people and clients I have met along the way.
Pros
Amazing woman as well as clients I worked with on a daily basis.
Cons
Inconsistent hours
fun workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON5 January 2015
Very fun workplace with amazing co workers. My managers were very reasonable and relatable. Hardest part of the job was unloading the boxes when put into the back to work. The most enjoyable part was working with girls all around the same age as me, we were able to relate to each other well.

A typical day at work was coming in and cleaning up any messes made, cashing out customers, and greeting and helping anyone who comes into the store.
Pros
fun workplace
Cons
not enough shifts
I meet lots of great people
Sales Lead (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON4 December 2014
Bring a Sales Lead defiantly taught me a lot about the retail industry. I meet amazing people, and love styling my clients.
Pros
Retail
Cons
Retail
Nothing Special
full time sales associate (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, Alberta1 October 2014
I was hired on when a new store was opening. I was promised there was going to be advancement opportunities and that there would be a good work life balance. Unfortunately with much talk about how I'm "a favourite employee" there is Still no advancement after many opportunities have become available. People get shifts according to how much they are liked (I actually heard the store manager saying this), many people get 2 shifts a week when I'm scheduled illegally many days in a row with no time off and only 30 minute breaks per 8.5 hour shift. The standards are extremely high, I'll have a 1:30-10pm shift and we never get out on time... sometimes we are out at 11 and no one even asks if we can stay, we are forced to until everything is folded and finger spaced perfectly. Great people to work with but hard to keep up to standard and we get over worked, they don't care if your sick they make you come in anyway and won't let you go home.
Pros
Great people to work with, awesome discounts.
Cons
No work life balance, get over worked, don't care about employees, short breaks, standards are to high for a mall store.
Fun, Fashion Forward Workplace
Part-time Fashion Associate (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 August 2014
Ann Taylor is a great place to work especially if you love fashion and adore shopping!

Each day is a rewarding experience as you can turn someone's day around with some simple retail therapy.

Managers and co-workers create a warm and positive atmosphere that make you look forward to coming to work everyday!
Pros
Freebies, coupons, employee discounts
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON5 February 2014
Its a great place to work no problems at all. Great store management
Cons
you get no hours or you only work 3 hours a week from Jan to March
Loved working with clients and co-workers-Poor hours
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Mississauga22 January 2014
Loved working at Loft. Great team - poor hours Hired too many people for size of store
Rewarding workplace
Youth Transition Worker (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB5 December 2012
The LOFT is an mazing program run by the Edmonton John Howard Society. The goal of the program is to provide a safe place for young men between 16 and 25 who have been, or are at risk of being homeless, to learn the skills necessary to transition into their own homes.