Anixter

Anixter Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Hard to work in
Administrative Assistant (Temp) (Former Employee), MissisaugaAugust 1, 2013
Cons: lots of gossip
I started work by answering the phone and putting invoices in envelopes.
The management was more intimidating than they were someone to learn from.
A job not a career....
Shipping Associate (Current Employee), Lewisville, TXJuly 23, 2014
Not a climate controlled environment, that is the hardest part of the day. The coworkers and supervisors all jive pretty well. Working here has taught me more about teamwork. The most enjoyable part of the day is closer toward the end of the night, when it starts to cool off and I know I'm about to be done with my work for the day.
Great people, supportive team.
Operations Supervisor (Current Employee), Cranbury, NJJuly 21, 2014
Great place to build a career. You must be willing to work long hours, many nights run past 12am. However, the management team is very supportive and having the respect of your associates is extremely humbling.
not too communicative company
Mid-Market sales Representative (Former Employee), miamiJune 3, 2014
Pros: no pros
Cons: no help with problems
Learned a lot about different cultures, but considering the amount of time that you required to get help to assist clients everything was negative.
simply ok
LTL Miscellaneous Packer (Former Employee), Blue Island, ILMay 20, 2014
Pros: people
Cons: pay
ok job not the best. Pay is bad because you work for a third party. Co-Worx when i was there was aweful. Paid horribly
Love working here
Warehouse person (Current Employee), Cranbury, NJMay 19, 2014
Pros: long lunch, caring management, great benefits, opportunity for advancement, great pay
Cons: no smoke breaks
A typical day for me is from 10 am to close which can vary. There's always opportunity for overtime. Management and supervisors show that they really do care about how things are going with their employees. I've only worked for the company for five months but they have already done a ton of fun things for everyone to be involved in. All of my co-workers – more... have been nice and helpful since the beginning. The hardest part of the job is that it can get kind of hectic at the end of the night to ensure that all the orders are packed and shipped out. I love working here and with most of the people I work with. Much to my liking the warehouse has heat in it for the cold winter, haven't worked for a summer yet but they have huge fans and ventilation available for once the heat gets here. The only thing I can honestly say bad about working here is the time that I miss with my son. – less
anixter
Team Leader working in warehouse supplying HV (Former Employee), birminghamMay 17, 2014
Learnt about different cables and be came a supervisor, using fork lift truck to locate and load drums
Cool Place to work
Warehouse Technician (Former Employee), McallenMay 8, 2014
Pros: pay, hours
Cons: no a/c
Good Pay Good hours job is face paced in no A/C but people are awesome and day goes by fast.
Productive and fun workplace with great communication within units
Credit Administrator (Former Employee), Mount Prospect, ILApril 29, 2014
A typical day at work started off with answering emails or messages from the previous night. Then onto scanning in documents to the online network for easy access for the credit department along with scanning, I had to manually input which documents where scanned in and then shred them.

This particular job taught me time management skills along with – more... communication skills.

The co-workers where very laid back but professional in all sense of the word. A great team mean for a great workday and workweek.

The hardest part of the job I found was actually when the copy machine would jam, it would set me back on my schedule. Other then that, everything was straightforward and simple enough to do on a daily basis without any struggle.

The most enjoyable part of working at Anixter was the whole environment of the office. A mix of young and experienced co-workers made for a witty office. – less
Productive Work Place
Freight Analyst (Former Employee), Glenview, ILApril 16, 2014
My experience with Anixter, has been over all a positive experienc.
The people are great to work with
Customer Service (Former Employee), Woburn, MAMarch 31, 2014
Pros: the workers are fun
Cons: the hours are long, work is tedious, salary stinks, only 6 holiday pay
The company is a fun company to work for. A lot of caring nice co-workers. The only problem is the lack of professionalism in the manager department. They do not follow procedure and protocols like other companies I have previously worked for.It doesn't matter how hard or great you do your job they will give a raise or promotion to someone who are of – more... their personal liking. – less
I enjoyed and learned a lot at Anixter
Machine Operator (Roll-A-Matic Cutter) (Former Employee), Alsip, IllinoisMarch 5, 2014
Pros: had built a good friendship with some of my co workers.
Cons: expected better raises for the hard work done.
A typical day was to cut the correct amount of power wire ordered by the client.
Fun place to work but no communication from upper management.
Quality Control Services (Former Employee), FastenersFebruary 3, 2014
Pros: great atmosphere, co-workers, salary
Cons: upper management, tools to use were outdated, broken promises
Truly enjoyed my job and my co-workers. Was looking for a stable job and thought I had found it, but turns out corporate management knew ahead of time that wasn't the case when they hired me. Once I helped get the company caught up, the job was terminated.
Waukesha, Wi former emplyee
small cutting (Former Employee), Waukesha, WiJanuary 9, 2014
Pros: working hours
Cons: team leaders, managment not doing there jobs, standing around talking for half an hour at a time, poor raises
Cutting Dept, job sucked! They always asked you to do overtime, but yet all the lead bosses were gone at their regular times. Everyone complained about working there and complained about management not doing a good job...also I had a co-worker who worked there was getting ready to be hired on, they did not hire them because of a blemish on there backround – more... check...Over worked underpaid !!! – less
Very nice place to work
LAN Administrator (Current Employee), Alsip, ILDecember 16, 2013
- Typical day is from 7-4, working on many different platforms. There is a small office area and a large 400,000 sqf warehouse that you cover. Issues ranging from printers and wireless issues to full re-builds of computers and working with a variety of scan guns.
- I have learned a lot about Lotus Notes which I have never used before this location as – more... well as maintaining equipment in a warehouse compared to an office environment.
-Management is very understanding for the most part, policies are not all ways followed to the T, and there is a lot of deviation.
-co-workers, well this is one of the better parts of the job, very helpful and a good group of folks to work with
-the hardest part of the job has to be the deviation and constant change on how things are done. (Example, this is not what happened but so it is understood: writing a report in black ink for 3 months, on a Monday you get a phone call/email saying why is this done in black ink...suppose to be done in blue...no email or anything prior to this stating that)
-The most enjoyable is the folks that work here, they (including warehouse employees) are a great group of people. – less
waste of time
Cutting Associate (Former Employee), Alsip, ILNovember 17, 2013
not a great job people are good pay is not good 25 cent riases. bad management.
productive fun place to work
Packing & Shipping Coordinator (Former Employee), Morrisville, NCOctober 23, 2013
Pros: cross training
Cons: when the company closed
This was my 1st warehouse job and a great learning experience.
Regional Automation Mgr
Regional Automation Manager (Former Employee), Lewisville, TxOctober 14, 2013
The work environment and customer base was nice. Compensation and benefits are acknowledged as being low.
Feels like family
Sales Support Rep (Former Employee), reno,nvOctober 11, 2013
This was the best company that I have ever worked for. Like family.
Nice managers
Non Stock Buyer (Former Employee), Chicago, ILOctober 7, 2013
Great work place. The managers are so friendly and helpful.
I love the fact that you can be your self-manager most of the time. They is no pressure in terms of supervision.

1 2 3

About Anixter

When it comes to getting wired, Anixter International's got the connections. The company is a┬ádistributor of communication products – Read more