Anixter Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Productive Position
Office Clerk (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONSeptember 10, 2015
Very relaxing environment. I enjoy the job responsibilities. It is also very easy to adapt into. I'm a very quick learner so the requirements for the job would be easy to gain knowledge on.
Great pay and opportunity, horrendous and immature managers and ethical practices
Supervising Lead (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONJuly 20, 2015
Pros: Decent pay, good benefits
Cons: No team work, bad management, immature environment, lack of respect, lack of investigating issues such as verbal harassment
I was a supervising lead making great pay and receiving wonderful benefits at Anixter. The downfall of this company is how they preach "we are a team", yet the immature operations manager blames every missed order on individuals, rather than team efforts. I was constantly defending my own actions, even though I worked safe, efficiently and ethically. I was blamed on multiple occasions instead of given constructive criticism. Every employee below upper management is treated with disrespect, and was expected the impossible, even though that company does not employ nearly enough staff to handle the amount of orders they receive daily. They are a greedy bunch and all about their own personal commissions and bonuses. I am glad I am gone from that place. Do not recommend this place at all, especially the Mississauga location.
good people
Temporary labourer (Former Employee), RichmondJune 4, 2015
This is a good company,

They are good people hard working and honest, treated me fairly, position was only temporary but I would work there again if I could get a full time position.
Love to provide support to a sales team
Sales Support/New Business Development (Former Employee), Winnipeg, ManitobaMay 30, 2014
Pros: close to home (5 minutes!)
Cons: co-workers getting too personal
Assisting sales team with customer inquiries, returns, lost shipments, back orders, requests for literature.
Also called on customers no longer dealing with the company and was able to get them back as customers, plus attract new clients for the sales team to follow up on and develop.
Co-workers were helpful, fun and became good friends.
Hardest part of the job was when there was nothing to do.
Most enjoyable part of the job is when I was extremely busy and productive.
Hard to work in
Administrative Assistant (Temp) (Former Employee), MissisaugaAugust 1, 2013
Cons: lots of gossip
I started work by answering the phone and putting invoices in envelopes.
The management was more intimidating than they were someone to learn from.
l'aspect le plus agréable de mon poste
Représentante aux ventes à l'interne (Former Employee), Lachine, QCOctober 1, 2015
Pros: bonne esprit d'équipe, bonne conditions de travail
Cons: meilleur gestion de l'inventaire
avoir à travailler avec le public et une équipe de vente exceptionnelle