Come Join the Market Leader!
Anixter is the world’s leading supplier of communications products used to connect voice, video, data and security systems. Anixter is also the leading provider of electrical and electronic wire and cable, fasteners, and other small components to build, repair and maintain a variety of systems and equipment. We bundle our products with our innovative Supply Chain Services to cut costs out of our customers’ business processes, and ensure they get the right product, the first time. Founded in 1957 and headquartered near Chicago, Anixter trades on the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol AXE.
At Anixter, we believe everyone has the opportunity and the responsibility to be a leader. We have learned that leading companies are made, not born. They’re made by leaders, not by luck. We are interested in people who expect nothing less than the best from themselves and their company. We don’t hire people – we ask them to join our company to help make it better.
Anixter Canada is committed to the training and development of its employees. We offer a competitive compensation package based on experience and employee benefit program that consists of health, dental, life, illness, RRSP and company contributed pension-plan. We offer a great working environment that is both highly professional, yet informal and promote a relaxed, open door atmosphere.
Due to our continued growth, we currently have a career opportunity for a dynamic, highly motivated team player who will execute on awarded electrical material supply bid packages while positioning Anixter’s extensive line of products and services in order to assist the customer with solutions that best suits their needs. You will be rewarded for achieving quantitative objectives and sales goals.
Reporting directly to the Project Team Location Manager, the successful candidate for this position will possess:
- Several years of Project Management experience, preferably in the Electrical industry.
- PMC or PMP designation required
- Ability to execute on complex bid packages
- Create Internal Project Account Management Processes
- Coordinate Project Admin Team and all support groups to the Project team including Inventory Management, Purchasing, Credit & Supply Chain Services
- Execution of all commitments and details within existing and newly awarded bid packages
- Must have a record of success, positioning value-added services and closing business.
- Translating and accurately communicating Project parameters to all stake holders
- Ability to develop strong relationships with customers at various levels.
- Ability to work with Outside Sales to target potential customers.
- Ability to execute business plans and implement them utilizing available resources.
- Demonstrated enthusiasm and self motivation.
- Competency in Lotus Notes, Sales Management Systems and Microsoft Office or equivalent.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Must be fast paced, goal oriented individual who can provide world-class service to our customers.
- Must be able to learn products, sales processes, and systems.
Critical to your success in this role will be your attention to detail.
We are grateful for your interest to Anixter however only the candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. To apply please send your resume by May 23, 2014. Please indicate the job title in your email application.