Our client, located in Burnaby, is seeking a Senior Executive Assistant. The ideal professional Senior Executive Assistant will be energetic and have the ability to provide executive level support to the President & CEO and to the Board of Directors as required. It is essential that the incumbent be able to handle confidential matters and documents with the utmost capability and discretion and to function effectively in a dynamic and fast-paced environment.
The successful candidate will act as a budget coordinator and provide administrative and budgeting support in the efficient and professional operation of the Corporate Services Division consisting of Administrative Department (President & CEO), Board, Annual General Meetings and Executive Support.
This demanding but highly rewarding position is a regular full-time employment opportunity. The successful candidate must demonstrate a high level of professionalism in managing expectations and workload.
Reporting Team: The President & CEO
Liaise with: The Board of Directors, all level managers and team members
Acts as lead to other Executive Assistant team members.
Direct contact with customers
The successful applicant will be responsible for the following duties:
- Managing and coordinating confidential information
- Using best judgment and initiative in determining follow up actions to ensure that all aspects of the position are completed efficiently and effectively
- Wide-variety of daily activities for the President & CEO, ie., travel arrangements, calendar management, expense reconciliations, budgetary activities, report generation/creation and acting as a personal assistant when necessary
- Significant emphasis on high-level decision making within the parameters of the position
- Responsible for preparation of the annual operating budgets for Corporate Services Division consisting of Administrative Department (President & CEO), Board, AGM and Executive Support including reviewing and monitoring operating expenses for review by the President & CEO and the Corporate Secretary on a monthly basis
Ad hoc Duties & Special Projects
The successful applicant will possess the following ideal skills and qualifications:
- University Degree
- 8 years minimum experience in a progressively senior executive management role in office management, including a minimum of two years at the supervisory level
- Advance skill levels in full suite of MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) with keyboarding skills of 60 w.p.m. minimum, and a strong knowledge of the Internet
- Experience in excellent expense accounting and general ledger skills, including ability to draft operating budgets and prepare forecasts
- Well-developed interpersonal skills, tact, understanding and appreciation of diverse points of view with proven ability to achieve goals and objectives through eliciting the assistance and cooperation of others
- Exceptionally strong organization skills with a demonstrated ability to deliver results in a fast-paced dynamic environment, handle multiple priorities and problem-solving, demonstrates ability to self-motivate and act with complete discretion
- Demonstrates well thought out organizational skills in time management
- Ability to work independently, initiate action confidently and to resolve administrative issues/problems
- Strong listening, interpersonal, written and communication skills and the ability to develop and maintain strong working relationships
- Ability to effectively manage special projects as assigned
- Strong presentation skills
Compensation for this position will range from $70,000 - $80,000 per year. Full benefits and Defined Pension Plan apply to this full time permanent position.
If this sounds like the position for you, please forward your resume in MS WORD format to Susana Ferreira at susana[at]angusone.com Refer to position Ref. #NBSEA in your email subject line.
* NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE – We thank all applicants in advance; however only those short-listed will be contacted *