POSITION : Payroll Specialist
REPORTING TO: Chief Financial Officer
LOCATION: Toronto, ON
Purpose and Scope:
This position is responsible for the accurate and timely preparation and processing of payroll for unionized and non-unionized employees, and acting as the point of contact in regards to any inquiries or issues related to payroll.
Duties and Activities:
- Prepare and process semi-monthly and bi-weekly payroll for unionized and non-unionized employees across Canada and the U.S., using Easy Pay payroll software.
- Calculate, monitor, administer and remit benefits (medical/dental, LTD, STD), DB and DC pension plans, U.S. benefits, expenses, scholarships/bursaries.
- Prepare all periodic and year-end payroll reports and forms for all employees (i.e. ROE, T4, T4A).
- Review and analyze submitted timesheets for accuracy prior to processing.
- Calculate and process payroll changes including rate changes, overtime, shift premiums, pager/on-call, etc.
- Working with managers/supervisors in tracking and monitoring vacation time and accruals.
- Reconciling and remitting to government agencies (i.e. CRA, Service Canada, etc.).
- Responding to and providing information to employee inquiries, issues and questions regarding payroll.
- Establish policies and procedures around payroll processes.
- Support HR with processes relating to payroll (i.e. new hires, terminations, benefits analysis, etc.).
- Maintain current knowledge of payroll legislation, payroll practices and labour standards in Canada by engaging in continuing education opportunities.
- Input and maintain employee data in Easy Pay and Vision.
- Review and process expense reimbursements.
- Mail-out employee pay stubs as required.
- Foster and develop strong relationships with all staff, as well as external partners.
- Provide support on Payroll projects (i.e. implementing HRMS system, on-line pay stubs, etc.).
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree, and or college diploma in Human Resources Management, Accounting or relevant area of study.
- Certified Payroll Manager (CPM) or Payroll Compliance Practitioner (PCP) designation completed or in progress.
- Minimum 5 – 7 years Payroll experience; previous work experience/demonstrated knowledge in a unionized environment preferred.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Advanced level computer skills (i.e., Microsoft Office – Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook); previous experience/knowledge with/of HRMS is an asset.
- Ability to work in a deadline driven environment where unanticipated changes in demands often necessitate a change in priorities.
- Exceptional commitment to customer service with a strong sense of urgency.
Indeed - 5 months ago
copy to clipboard
With over 40 years experience throughout North America, Angus Consulting Management Limited (ACML) is one of Canada’s most established...