Reporting To: Building Services Supervisor
Location: Toronto-Dominion Centre
Status: Full Time
Work shall include but not necessary be bound by the following:
- Escalate unusual events/occurrences to supervisor
- Troubleshoot/repair building automation system
- Complete preventive/demand maintenance tasks; input histories if required
- Respond to tenant requests and emergencies
- Monitor work of contractors/external service providers to ensure adherence to company/industry standards
- Participate in review of operating policies/procedures as required
- Work in compliance with Occupational Health and Safety Act and other applicable codes
- Provide feedback on proposed renovations re: impact on existing infrastructure systems if required
- Troubleshoot electrical issues; complete minor repairs
- Complete minor repairs/maintenance of UPS systems
- Replace ballasts
- Complete maintenance/repair of: building lighting systems; transfer switch; VFD; etc.
- Conduct visual inspection of high voltage switch gear
- Maintain/service and repair/replace: motor control centres, switches, breakers/ switchboard components, fixtures, branch circuit wiring, transformers, capacitors, transfer schemes, electrical and electric/pneumatic control devices, etc.
- Operate/complete minor servicing of: chiller, life safety systems, heat pumps, air conditioners, air handling units, power generating equipment, etc.
- Assist other classifications/trades as required
- Maintain a clean work environment
- Develop working relationships with tenants to clarify needs; explain standard corrective action
- Establish working relationships with staff; provide assistance in the delivery of services
- Develop working rapport with suppliers, contractors and external service providers to respond to information needs
- Maintain positive relations with tenants/client through effective communications
- Monitor, adjust and repair infrastructure systems
- Utilize industry best practices/procedures to perform duties
- Identify problem areas; conduct investigation; analyze and make recommendations that may include innovative solutions
- Make basic decisions within established practices/procedures
- Provide input to operational decisions by identifying tenant/client/facility needs
- Complete mandatory training programs (annually)
- As directed, create/implement personal development plan (annually) to identify skills required to move to next level
Hours of Work:
- Day shift; some overtime, on-call and shift work
- May be required to carry a PDA
- Work requires some exposure to more intense situations when responding to tenant requests
- Work requires utilizing tools/repairing systems that could cause physical injury if not handled/operated following safety practices/procedures
- Physical demands:
- Exposure to elements – majority of work indoors; some exposure to outdoor environment
- Lifting requirements – maximum 50 lbs.
- Repetitive physical effort – majority of work is non-repetitive
- Elevated working conditions – use of ladder; scissor lift (training required), etc.
- Confined space may be applicable (training required)
- OSSGD or equivalent
- Ontario trade certification of qualification (e.g., electrical license)
- 5 years in the operation and maintenance of facilities
- Ability to communicate effectively in English (oral and written)
Please reference Job Posting #2018 when applying. Applications must be received by September 13, 2013.
Indeed - 12 months ago
With over 40 years experience throughout North America, Angus Consulting Management Limited (ACML) is one of Canada’s most established...