TEST AND PROCESS ENGINEERING
At Angstrom Engineering, we sell industry-leading thin film deposition systems that can be custom designed and are assembled on-site by a team of engineers and technologists who prioritize quality, service, and performance above all else.
We are a growing company looking to break into new markets and to increase our international presence. To assist us in meeting our goals we are offering a position as part of our test and process engineering team. The ideal candidate will be a people person with strong technical experience. They will also show a keen interest in learning new technologies and taking ownership for improving products and processes.
Primarily responsible for system start up and debug including mechanical, electrical, and plc debug, testing and system validation, installation at customer sites, training and customer service
TEST, COMMISSIONING, AND TROUBLE SHOOTING
- Commission systems including setting up PCs, connecting all utilities, debugging electrical wiring and connections.
- Test functionality and verify all operational aspects of system.
- Set-up and test integrated third party software applications.
- Adjust mechanical devices such as transfer stages, manipulators, pneumatic actuators, interlocks and limit switches.
- Investigate and resolve electrical and mechanical issues.
- Basic PLC code troubleshooting
- Create purchase orders as required.
- Produce system manuals
- Computer skills include Microsoft office, adobe, e-drawings/solidworks.
INSTALLATION, TRAINING AND CUSTOMER SERVICE
- Carry-out on-site installation of machines at customer’s facility, which can be worldwide.
- Install equipment and train customers to use the machine according to agreed upon specifications with emphasis on customer satisfaction and sign off.
- Provide customer service and support.
MECHANICAL AND ELECTRICAL ASSEMBLY
- Print and follow BOM’s and assembly drawings while building complex assemblies.
- Plumb gas and pneumatic lines and circuits
- Utilize common tools such as hand drills for drilling and tapping, grinder, sander, rotary hand tool, drill press, orbital sander, hack saw, files, tube benders and arbor press.
- Electrical wiring of control panels and sub-plates in accordance with the electrical drawings.
- Installation and field wiring of controls panels into the overall system.
- A post secondary diploma or degree specializing in Nanotechnology, Mechanical, or Electrical Engineering or equivalent experience.
- Ability to travel internationally
- Strong analytical and process engineering skills.
- Capable of training complex topics to an audience with a varying range of capabilities
- Ability to self motivate
- Proven time management and organization skills
- Hands on mechanical and electrical experience
Angstrom Engineering is an agile and growing business with a work force of exceptional people. We have been in business for 20 years and make leading edge and interesting equipment for the field of nanotechnology. Our working environment is clean, safe, and enjoyable. We offer flexible hours and a competitive compensation package including benefits.