AngloAmerican

AngloAmerican Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Stable company and good values as Safety is first priority
Personal Assistant (Current Employee), Johannesburg, GPJune 16, 2015
Pros: free Lunches and parking
Cons: none
Eery day is a challange
Learned to be proactive as possible
Good Management
Co-Workers fun to work with
Hardest part of the job when a mistake is made to rectify
Regocnition
Executive Assistant (Former Employee), Johannesburg, GPApril 22, 2015
Pros: N/A
Allow me to highlight my strengths:
• Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.) as well as various database applications and the internet.
• Experienced in bookkeeping, billing, payroll systems, requisitions, SAP, Taleo, Maconomy and lotus notes.
• Exceptional level of professionalism and award-recognized level of service to customers and internal colleagues.
• Unsurpassed organizational and streamlining skills as well as time management skills.
• Type >70 wpm
Throughout my career, I have maintained the highest performance standards within a diverse range of administrative functions, including being the “face to the public” and leading a team focused on improving company operations. Further qualifications include:
Diploma in Business Management and Administration (writing supplementary exam in Financial accounting) Studying towards my Bachelor of Business Administration.
• Strong background in all aspects of office management, from scheduling meetings and coordinating travel to overseeing budget and accounting functions.
• Demonstrated capacity to develop and maintain comprehensive administrative processes that improve the efficiency of day-to-day operations.
Most importantly, I quickly learn your preferences, your goals and objectives, and I’ll do my very best to aid in the leadership of your company. I would appreciate the opportunity to present in greater detail the contributions I would make as your Executive Assistant/ Personal Assistant.
EXCELLEN AND ENJOYABLE
WATER CHEMIST (Former Employee), Witbank, MPFebruary 18, 2015
I UNDERSTAND THE IMPORTANCE OF WATER AND SCARICITY
WATER IN OUR COUNTRY.I APPLY ALL THE WATER LAWS TO COMPLY WITH THE REQUARMENTS OF WATER USE.
GOOD IN WATER RESOURCE MANAGEMENT.
WORKING TOGERTHER WITH PEOPLE UNDERSTAND THE PURPOSE
OF WATER AND DANGER OF UNTREATED WATER TO COMMUNITY
AND ENVIRONMENT.
HARDEST PART COMPLAINCE ABOUT POOR QUALITY OF WATER
ENJOYABLE PART WHEN CUSTORMERS HAPPY ABOUT WATER AND
NO COMPLAINCE.
Excellent employer
Surface and Shafts Maintenance Coordinator (Former Employee), Middlemount, QLDJuly 8, 2014
Pros: education and career advancement support.remuneration.
Cons: nil
Excellent employer. Good working hours. Advancement in education and career opportunities. Excellent remuneration.
Safety officer
Control Room Operator (Current Employee), MoranbahMarch 25, 2014
Pros: challening
Cons: long hours no breaks at all
Emergency response
Monitoring gases at the mine
Movement of men and equiptment
Very productive ,tight month end deadlines therefore overtime
ACCOUNTANT (Current Employee), Mpumalanga, ZNJanuary 9, 2014
Pros: given half day off, braai/lunch once a month as a team
Cons: month end overtime .
There's a task to be completed on a daily.

I was from an auditing background, now i'm involved in financial accounting/reporting

I work well with a Team of 3,

Month end is very busy for me , I always work overtime to meet deadlines.

There's always something new to learn either job related or just learning something new about the system I work with, Excell is such an amazing tool.
A day at Anglo American
HR generalist (Current Employee), WitbankApril 26, 2013
Pros: peaceful atmosphere
Cons: no real cons
Sense of belonging
Co-workers are always willing to help were help is needed always willing to give there advise were needed
Management is always there to back you up were mussel is needed
An exciting friendly workplace
Expatriate PAyroll Specialist (Current Employee), LondonFebruary 27, 2013
People are great to work with. Management are excellent always looking out for the staff. Providing them with a safe and enjoyable environment to work within.
Hard worker, like to work with people
Safety Administrator (Current Employee), khomanani minesFebruary 20, 2013
Pros: nom lunch
Cons: 06h00-15h30
I learned more things, new systems, management also is encouraging, my co-workers are friendly, hardest part of jo, to my side is when the information of the meeting is needed in short space of time, my enjoyable part is when i am building safety meeting and doing incidents reports
Challenging and diverse
Professional in Training (Metallurgy) (Current Employee), Kathu, Northern CapeFebruary 18, 2013
Value driven company. Management cares for employees and promotes personal development.
Enjoyable work place with greate cultural values
essential services electrician (Current Employee), rustenburg, northwestJanuary 15, 2013
Pros: early hours
Cons: late night standbyes
planned maintance schedules every day as well as foward planning for improvements on sectioned area.
Ive lernt hove to work under pressure as well as to work together in a team enviroment.
management is fairly reasonable towards thier empolyees depending on what the cercamstance is.
everything in my work area is enjoyable
Productive workplace
Document Controller (Current Employee), Limpopo ProvinceDecember 13, 2012
Pros: no lunch time, you can take at anytime while you working.
Cons: i work extra hours where necessary
i had good days, learned a lot, under exceptionally well management, with friendly co-workers, my hardest part of my job is when updating data and paperprints, most enjoyable is when I distribute latest information via email and papreprint to my supervisors.
Productive, challenging and Fun workplace.
Senior Supply Assistant (Current Employee), North West, RustenburgOctober 22, 2012
Pros: course programmes
Cons: exposed to harzards. e.g gas n noise
Typical day at work is started with morning meetings, preparing for the day ahead. Suppliers come with invoices that must be precessed on SAP. Daily everyday tasks eg/ filling, writting of invoices. Preparation for monthly review and mothly MLM Presentations. Tasks are delegated between co-workers by the Supervisor. I have gained a lot from this company. Monthly we go for courses for our own benefits by the company. Each team has 8 members in one office so it is an enjoyable environment to be in. If our targets and safety achievements are reached, we are rewarded with gifts or braai on Fridays, thats the part i like. it keeps every team member on form.
Muy buen ambiente de trabajo
Ingeniero Memorista (Former Employee), Nogales, VSJuly 13, 2015
Pros: Buena movilización y pagos.
Muy buen lugar para aprender y desarrollar lo aprendido en la universidad. Me fui con una gran imagen de la gente me ayudo y me tendió una mano en el desarrollo de mi trabajo de titulo. El único punto en contra se lo lleva en lo difícil que es el poder tener una retroalimentación de parte de los tutores de Memorista/practica, especialmente en el área de mantención, ya que es muy difícil poder ocupar un poco de su escaso tiempo.

Otro punto en contra es lo complicado de poder conseguir un puesto.
Excelente
Mecanico Parada de planta Angloamerican (Former Employee), Santiago de Chile, RMJune 27, 2015
A pesar que fue poco tiempo todo estaba ordenado, limpio y estructurado como gran empresa minera que es, cada área desempeñaba su función como debe ser.
Buenos bonos y negociaciones colectivas
Operadora de Camión alto tonelaje (Former Employee), Santiago de Chile, RMJanuary 15, 2015
Pros: seguro medico
Agradecida de Angloamerican por darme la oportunidad de descubrir el mundo minero y su funcionamiento motivándome a estudiar una carrera relacionada directamente con la minería.
Ótima empresa para trabalhar.
Supervisor de Produção (Former Employee), Niquelândia, GOJanuary 8, 2015
Ótima empresa, entrei no ano de 2000, como auxiliar de produção, em 2008 classifiquei para Técnico em produção e em 2011 classifiquei para Supervisor de Produção.
Trabalhei com ótimas pessoas onde aprendi muito, sobre liderar pessoas cumprir metas, avaliar a produção e segurança da operação e equipamentos.
Buen ambiente de trabajo
Jefe de Turno Mina (Former Employee), Antofagasta, ANOctober 15, 2014
Pros: seguro medico, beneficios médicos
Cons: sistema de turnos
Buen Clima Laboral.
Destacado Plan de Graduados
Destacados beneficios para hijos de supervisores.
EMPRESA COM ÓTIMA CULTURA DE TRABALHO
INSTRUMENTISTA A (Former Employee), Barro Alto, GOAugust 8, 2014
Pros: estrutura daempresa
Cons: salário baixo.
EMPRESA COM BONS RECURSOS TECNOLÓGICOS, E UM CORPO DE TRABALHADORES EFICIENTE.
grato hambiente laboral
operador mayor camion extraccion (Current Employee), Antofagasta, ANMarch 5, 2014
Pros: seguro complementario
Cons: colaciones de 1 hora
trabajo por turnos de 12 hrs con 1 hr de colación , inicio de contrato 1 de febrero 2011,grato ambiente laborar con otros trabajadores,