Anglo American

Anglo American Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Learned alot, great people
Senior Accounts Assistant (Current Employee), Witbank, MPOctober 12, 2014
Pros: bonus every year
Cons: a lot of pressure
Everyday is measured by our stats and performance
we work under constant pressure everyday and thrive on it
i have learned to stay calm when the pressure is on and to trust in a great team
our management can be tight but there is a big responsibility and they are approachable
my co-workers are some of the best people and very hardworking, it is the – more... culture.
the hardest part of my job is to not burn out and keep up the tempo
the most enjoyable part of my jobs is having satisfied customers and business units.
i believe every person is her/ his own brand – less
productive
mechanical fitter (Current Employee), Rustenburg, NWOctober 1, 2014
Cons: long hours during breakdowns
always on new system of management,a lot about being responsible,not honest with themselves,lovely and friendly co-workers,too much expectation from management,contributing towarrds being no1 platinum producer.
providing good servive to clients
Customer Engagement Officer (Former Employee), Johannesburg South, GPSeptember 23, 2014
Pros: normal 1 hour lunch
Dealing with customers handling their HR/ Payroll related queries,nothing exciting as you are expected to be in the office the whole time
We have fun teams at work to blow off steam
Snr Accounts Assistant (Current Employee), Johannesburg, GPSeptember 10, 2014
Pros: we have daily subsidy on our access cards (no lunch box stress)
Cons: in my department we dont have long hours, and if we do it could be 3 times a year, or if its month end and there is a system (network) problem.
> Starts at 8 - we have canteen open for the whole day and coffee bar

> I have my monthly duties and based on request tasks from the mines.

> We have an open door policy here, our managers are on the same open plan with us.

> Well I have been in this department for 2 years now, so nothing is hard for me.

> My line manager and team members, are sitting – more... around the same space, so to make sure that we not all on the same page, we thru jokes around while working. We always have something to love about, we go for coffee and cake together and have weekly meetings just to check who needs assistance with work load. – less
Salaries for lower working class is not good and Job security is not guaranteed
HR Officer (Former Employee), Northam, LPSeptember 4, 2014
Pros: organisation culture is good
Cons: low salaries and lack of job security
Day at work is hectic, I've learned a lot from the employer and co-workers. Dealing with Union Reps was the hardest experience because they don't want to listen to anyone as their target is to please their members. Assisting employees to have a better working environment.
loved it!
Senior nursing services manager (Former Employee), Witbank, MPAugust 24, 2014
Pros: good salary and bonuses and job security
I felt secure and enjoyed working for Anglo. I needed a new challenge and went on early pension and bought a house by the sea.
Great colleagues and a good company to be part of
Personal Assistant (Former Employee), London, ENGAugust 11, 2014
Pros: free lunch, yoga classes, fantastic location, good company culture
Cons: could be long hours and senior pa roles are quite scarce
Worked with fantastic colleagues, great culture of helping and supporting each other. Good social culture - always something going on to enjoy.
This is a good manage plant , safe ,reliable and clean
instrumentation forman (Current Employee), Lydenburg, MPAugust 5, 2014
Pros: free transport
Cons: for from town
•Planning of maintenance on advanced instrumentation such as:
• Press, flow, level, temperature, instrumentation
•Managing and execution of all Technical assignments focusing on system integration
• PLC / SCADA / OPUS
• Mentor and coach subordinates
3. System basic design
4. Determine the strategy of reliability engineering and implementation there-off – more... in consultation with Project Team members.
5. Participation in failure analysis with specific emphasis on vibration /condition monitoring, hydraulics and lubrication
6. Supplying of specialist vibration monitoring/tribology input into Best Practice formulation – less
HR Business Analyst (Current Employee), Kriel, MPAugust 4, 2014
Pros: influence
Cons: job security
Fun filled activity, being part of the DBCM was interesting as was involved in two major projects. Namely start up the HRSS and new mine - grown significantly and understand the business model and vision & mission of the organization.
Productive every day
Safety Officer (Current Employee), Sishen, NCJuly 22, 2014
Every day you lean something new
To be glad every day is a zero harm free day
To transfer knowledge to your co-workers
CARE&RESPECT
SNR AACOUNTS ASSISTANCE (Former Employee), Witbank, MPJuly 18, 2014
Pros: n/a
Cons: 8 hours
ITS A DIVERSIFIED INSTITUTION WITH LIMITED OPORTTUNITIES TO GROW AND ENHANCE YOURSELF ,THE SALARY COMPARED TO THE AMOUNT OF WORK IS NOT CAMPATIBLE .
PRODUCTIVE AND INTERESTING
ACTING SURVEYOR (Current Employee), Rustenburg, NWJuly 3, 2014
CHALLENGING,BUT LEARN NEW THINGS EVERYDAY,MANAGEMENT HELPED TO DEVELOP AND HELP WITH KNOWLEDGE,A VERY POWERFUL TEAM I HAVE WORKED WITH,I FOUND SURVEY VERY INTERESTING AND I GOT WELL WITH THE PRESSURE ESPECIALLY WHEN WE WERE UNDERSTUFF ESPECIALLY DURING MEASURING,BUT WE MANAGED VERY WELL DURING THE YEARS.
Fun to work there
Instrumentation Mechanician (Current Employee), Rustenburg, LPJune 8, 2014
Pros: lot of training
Cons: not being rewarded for skills acquired after the trade certificate
It is maintenable network, and got a trade certificate and optic fiber training. have supportive and hardworking co-workers. Management not practising what head office is preaching
A well maintained work environment with development and study assistance . The most difficult part is optic fiber breakdown. I don not have support structure in the mine – more... as I am the only person working on optic fiber – less
A good working environment
Resourcing Officer (Current Employee), Johannesburg, GPJune 2, 2014
It is a very good environment and a very good Company to work for. everyday comes with news challenges and for one to grow they should meet challenges in life so that they can apply their minds.
very Productive
Time Administrator EB (Current Employee), Rustenburg, NWMay 14, 2014
Pros: one hour lanch
Cons: 8 hrs full
i dont have any coments about this campany becouse when you work for anglo platinum you are so lucky only if you now what you want in your life.
EXCELLENT WORKING ENVORONMENT
Protection Officer (Acting Superintendent) (Current Employee), Rustenburg, NWMay 1, 2014
Pros: everyday is a new experience
Cons: same routine every day
GENERAL PROTECTION OFFICER DUTIES.
CONTROL ROOM OPERATING
SHIFT MANAGEMENT
SAFETY DOCUMENTATION COMPLETING
CCTV OBSERVATION
ACCESS CONTROL ON SECURITY SYSTEMS
Instrumentation Technician (Current Employee), Rustenburg, NWApril 19, 2014
Pros: good benefits
Cons: management only look after themselves
The management does not look after its employees, most are there for job security
Productive and fun working
Process Cotroller (Current Employee), Postmasburg, NCMarch 9, 2014
Pros: vouchers
Cons: n/a
when your manager doesn't want to take my input
I have learned lot of things in there that I didn't know when I was a learner at Sasol.
the manager is there to do his/her work
I am a team player so I do not have a problem with any one that I am working with
its when the manager putting you under pressure with something that your not control of it.
is – more... when we reaching the target and when everyone is working safe because safety come first. – less
i enjoy excesing
safety represatative (Former Employee), Witbank, MPMarch 6, 2014
im enjoying but need to grow on this field.will be glad if i can given an oppurtunity to further my career
Productive workplace
Administration Assistant - Legal (Former Employee), BrisbaneFebruary 26, 2014
Pros: fundraisers
Would include data entry, filing, organising and updating anti trust compliance, I learnt to work independently and to a timeline. I had a lot of support and the co-workers were great. An intense but enjoyable atmosphere. Most enjoyable part of the job was working with different departments and taking part in fundraisers.

1 2 3 4 5

About Anglo American

Anglo American’s metallurgical coal business is one of Australia’s leading metallurgical coal producers with extensive coal mining – Read more