Anglo American

Anglo American Employee Reviews

productive
semi electrician (Former Employee) –  Witbank, Mpumalanga26 November 2016
I ve leant to work as team and i was self motiveted.i ve gained positive confident as i work with different people.i gained and improved my communication skills.
Fun good working place
Cadetship (RDO) (Former Employee) –  Pretoria, Gauteng21 November 2016
Good communication skill from the management, loyal co-workers. the hardest part was that there was no enough time for family. Never the last i enjoyed my days at Volpes
Pros
Big discounts for staff
Cons
one day off per week
productive
scraper winch operator /stope timber (Former Employee) –  amandelbt6 November 2016
Working in this company was very nice,but the Hr department they don't do their work correctly. Because I was deserted while I was on sick leave.
Pros
free energy drink
Cons
8 hour
Productiveness and willingness to achieve its goals
Pipe,track and ventilation (Current Employee) –  Limpopo province2 November 2016
Its a good company that i develop every skill and knowlegde that i have and taught me through hard work you can always achieve your goals no matter the circumstances and also how to be patient to your fellow worker.Its a good company indeed.
Pros
No lunch
Cons
Normal hours
To utilize my effort to these company.
Receptionist/Admin Clerk (Current Employee) –  Pretoria, Gauteng31 October 2016
I will be part of team, I will put my effort to these company. I know these is the gold company security is tidy. I am hardworking person I need to be wise and be careful to my job I have to be patient. I have to understand each other in working industry.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
45 hours
Vast learning experience
Mining Electrician (Current Employee) –  Limpopo, Mokopane24 October 2016
Has new challenges
Give out safe production
Integrity
Team-players
I want everything to be perfect
Influencing co-workers positively
Pros
Development
Productive place
Intern Accountant (Former Employee) –  Polokwane, Limpopo18 October 2016
a typical day would be to get there and check what different managers wanted to purchase , then orders would be place to the respective companies , i learned how to work with the system they use to record information about salaries , the budget of the company and the actual numbers and with those figures predict how much money will be needed for the next year, i had about four co-workers and they were all mentoring me in their respective fields, which are purchasing, logistics, paychecks and recording of day to day expenses
Pros
free lunch and transport
It was great to work for Anglo.
Section Electrician (Former Employee) –  Free State14 October 2016
Unfortunately i worked for Anglo American during the difficult times of colour discrimination, though i enjoyed excellent treatment by my supervisor, i would have loved to have had more chances working myself up the ladder in the work place, but such opportunites always fell short of me, there were always industrial upheavals with the Unions and many strikes and many political issues which together with poor world markets eventually ran the company down. But i really had few opportunities to develop there.
Pros
i liked braai safety meetings management gave away.
Productive and Safe work place
Haulage Construction AIDE/ Track Layer (Former Employee) –  Rustenburg, North West13 October 2016
Work Safe every day to make sure the company reach Free injury or fatality shifts through out the year. Prodution target need to be reached every day!
Fulfilling job and functions
HR Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Limpopo9 October 2016
Responsible for directing and coordinating activities of Human Resources Management activities and all the applicable employee relations practices within the company operation.
Pros
Flexible working environment
Cons
Odd hours dictated by the job demand
Great job as it fulfilled my area of expertise
HCM Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Pretoria, Gauteng7 October 2016
Worked with a great team both in South Africa and the support technical team in India. I had the opportunity to implement areas of Time Management to meet the Human Resource Policies for mining employees. Completed and team led all the testing prior to implementation. The implementation deadlines were in some instances difficult to meet based on the technical team based in India and a language challenges sometimes occurred. These were overcome and a very good relationship was formed. It was a temporary position only based on the AAC restructure of Kumba.
Pros
Good location
Cons
SA to India time delays
very productive and challenging
Acting Section Manager (Former Employee) –  Gauteng, Limpopo5 October 2016
Most enjoyable part of the job is being able to reach production and saftey deadlines.

Having to work with many different people, all striving for to achieve the goals and strategy of the company as a whole.
Pros
bonuses
Cons
challenging work
I need a job
waremash and losing undeground (Former Employee) –  Rustenburg, North West4 October 2016
I was woking at the contract under Anglo I get a retrenchment that why I'm trying to a play is the good company we work see we dilivar our promis
No sefe no production
Productive and save working place
Laboratory Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lydenburg, Mpumalanga28 September 2016
I learned sampling and evaluation course. The management was strict about production
All people liked one another. The hardest time is when I done double job due to shortage of
staff.
Pros
lunch is available
Cons
8 and 13 hour shifts
Learning and development
Training Facilitator (Current Employee) –  Witbank, Mpumalanga26 September 2016
a typical day is when you run out of staff,where you need to feel all the gaps,what you will know is that you need to take it slow inspired of too much pressures from the management.The most enjoyable part is when you Flo on what you are doing knowing all the people you are working with.
fun work place with social programmes
artisan diesel mechanic (Current Employee) –  Rustenburg South Africa20 September 2016
Hard working and a team player plus willing to work extra hours in order to enhance production and adhere to sefety procedures before commencement of any work.
Cons
Great company with great benefits.
Personal Assistant to Head of Global Shared (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg, South Africa9 September 2016
Great company with great benefits. Management appreciate the views of all employees. Communication between management and staff are very good. Offer employees the opportunity to grow by offering internal and external training.
Pros
Free lunch, 13th cheque
Cons
Healthcare not up to standard, comparing to other companies.
productive and a lot more to learn on daily basics
Loco Driver (Current Employee) –  Rustenburg31 August 2016
I have been working for this company for years but no development. I have tried so many times but no hopes for me.Just wanna change for new job new company maybe things will change for me for a better future.
Pros
future life and mageu provided to workers every day before going underground
Cons
Eight hours per shift
Big company
Contract Optimization Specialist - Supply Chain (Former Employee) –  Santiago de Chile, Región Metropolitana30 August 2016
Is a big company and works slowly, is difficult define a career and now with the commodity prices in crisis is very competitive the job's environments.
They have a very good benefit a very good salaries.
Pros
Very good benefits
Cons
job's environments.
productive and fun place
Human Resource Development Trainer (Current Employee) –  Rustenburg, Limpopo24 July 2016
Have experience, Hard work. Enjoying working with people and the computer. Quickly adapt with changes. Work extra hour to be above the required target. job
Cons
Long Hours

4.2