Anglo American

Anglo American Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Good company to work for with poor management at time.
Safety Officer (Current Employee), Rustenburg, NWFebruary 13, 2015
Pros: good medical aid and pension
Cons: management.
Too much meeting and to lest time in the field to complete the legal work. Good working environment. Too much senior staff that all want to give orders. Good team relationship
Productictive and challengin workplace
Payroll Officer (Current Employee), Rustenburg, NWFebruary 11, 2015
Pros: recognition for my work
Cons: long hours especially month end
Always Busy
Learned to work under pressure and as a team
Caring for thie employees
Cost closing days are the mos hardest days as i have to work extra hours but i learned to work under pressure.
Socialising with employees and getting recognition for my work
Productive and hard working place
HR Assistant (Current Employee), Polokwane, LPJanuary 15, 2015
Pros: incentives
Cons: required to work extra hours if there is need
Daily Staffing and employee services
Learned more about different people and attitudes
How Management works in an indusrries
The hardest part is to deal with difficult employees
The most enjoyable part is that every attitute that a person gives to me i can handle it with ease.
Safe working enviroment
HSE Officer (Current Employee), Postmasburg, NCJanuary 13, 2015
To further my career development in the field of Health, Safety and Environment, Hazard identification and Risk Assessment (HIRA), OHSAS 18001 and ISO 14001 implementation, Ex- and Internal Auditing, Training. I would like to be part of an organization that offers potential growth, advancement opportunities, skill and knowledge development, and long term career opportunities
Full function secretarial functions
Assistant Company Secretary (Former Employee), Johannesburg, GPJanuary 13, 2015
Pros: subsidize lunch, housing loans, car allowance, medical aid, free group life insurance and local and international travel.
Cons: late hours which made me put my family second
My job commenced very early in the mornings and sometimes went late into the evening.
I learned that each person was different and had a different skill set that made the department successful.
Working in a team was vital.
I had an open door policy with regards to work with my manager and the company's directors.
The hardest part of the job was getting people to dedicate themselves to completing the task as they were clock watchers.
the part that I enjoyed most was the interaction with the directors and other stakeholders with regards to my job.
Excellent Employer
INFORMATIN MANAGER - COMMERCIAL SYSTEMS (Former Employee), Witbank, MPJanuary 5, 2015
Pros: medical aid pension contribution
Developed a valuable skill set in a professional environment
Work under enormous pressure
BU Category Manager (Former Employee), Kathu, NCDecember 30, 2014
Long working hours

Commitment and integrity

Need to lead Management

Enjoy co-workers

To succeed with good results
Learn something new each day
HR Intership (Former Employee), Kathu, NCDecember 8, 2014
Deadline for payroll closing and you still have outstanding documents to submit, I have learned that one should not always to wait for the last day to submit as it is easy now to make lot of mistakes, I always managed to complete tasks by prioritizing them, knowing what is important and what is urgent.
Nice environment for retirement
HRD Officer (Engineering Assessor) (Current Employee), Rustenburg, NWNovember 24, 2014
Cons: no pay for extra work
Start work at 8'o clock and go to the assembly for prayer.
To always be clued up with the latest technology so as to teach the young stars about the averall life expectency.
Good management that ahad understanding
Very negative towards what you are doing as they not knowing the field you are in.
The salary was really horrible for a head of the family.
When going on school trips.
GOOD WORKING PLACE
FITTER (Current Employee), Rustenburg, NWNovember 20, 2014
Pros: free gifts
Cons: long hours depending on job
WORKING AT ANGLO WAS A GOOD WORKING EXPERIENCE FOR ME. LEARNED HOW TO WORK WITH DIFFRENT KIND OF PEOPLE. MANGEMENT ALWAYS CARE ABOUT EMPLOYEES AND CO-WORKERS GIVE SUPPORT TO EVERY DIFFICULTY THAT A PERSON GOES THROUGH. ALWAYS HAVING A HUSTLE WHEN WORKINING WITH PEOPLE OF A DIFFRENT DEPARTMENT. BUT ALWAYS ENJOYED WHEN A JOB WAS PERFECTLY DONE IN A SAFE MANNER.
Principal Mining Engineer (Former Employee), Johannesburg, GPNovember 17, 2014
Pros: great benefits
Cons: away from home
Learnt a lot - made me a better Mining Engineer.
Great benefits - look after emplyees
good and enjoyable to work
Acting Electrician (Former Employee), Amandelbult, LPNovember 17, 2014
Pros: bonuses
Cons: long hours
being able to learn to cope working long hours with difficult schedule,coorpotating with my team and superviser and working standbyes
Project Manager (Former Employee), Northam, LPNovember 12, 2014
Pros: excellent working environment
Cons: contractual appointment
- Great company with high expectations
- Great potential for growth
- Highly motivated staff
- Production orientated
Its a very good company
Safety Officer (Current Employee), Kathu, NCNovember 9, 2014
Pros: free lunches when having meeting and functions hosted by hq
Cons: long hours work not permitted
Start to work at 7:00 in the morning and complete the day at 16:00
Learned a lot about the system used by the company and the proper application of MHS Act
The management of the company is very well informed and participate/involved/contribute100% towards safety of the employees
Co-workers were very helpfull moreover towards safety of employees
When the is an incident which needs to be investigated and have a negative stats reporting on the project
Professional and supporting growth
Project Services Manager (Former Employee), Johannesburg, GPNovember 7, 2014
Pros: wellness programmes, the campus gym, safety in general, campus doctors
Cons: location of our campus, safety concerns
Its a pity that the mining environment has become very turbulent lately, especially Anglo American as a result of external factors (strikes, change of economic and political field).

Anglo American itself looks after the employees, which are the driving force of the company success. As the Oppenheimers stated that the employees are the valuable resource.

Anglo American is well managed, opportunities for growth existed and it is indeed one of the best private, Global companies I have worked for.
Management is very broad minded, they support people's growth in so many ways.
The hardest part was to always deal with a uncertain future which has landed me where I am currently ( retrenched).
The most enjoyable was the benefit from the company performance, the bonuses were fair as we knew that the company was doing very well using the well looked after workforce.
Fun and good in developing employees
Human Resources Development Officer (Current Employee), Rustenburg, NWNovember 4, 2014
Pros: family functions
As a service provider you sometimes get unnecessary pressureF from the people you serve because the want you to break the rules in order to help them.
fast paced
Weighbridge Clerk (Former Employee), elstow bedfordOctober 30, 2014
Pros: salary
Cons: long hours
my typicaj day cosisted of the weighing of trucks when they were empty and then again when loaded.
i also had to liaise with drivers and site managers to make sure trucks were on time to site and the correct materials were on board,
i didnt see many managers as they worked in a different part of the country and spoke on the phone to them.
co workers worked for another company as it was a joint venture. worked together ok.
the hardest part of the job was making sure everything run on time but sometimes the plant would break down.
Social life was very good
Dragline & Shovel Production Supervisor (Former Employee), Arnot, Transvaal, South AfricaOctober 19, 2014
Pros: lovely country, plenty of outdoor activities
Cons: long distances to the larger cities
Good family life there.

Hours of work were good

Trainees good to work with.
Learned alot, great people
Senior Accounts Assistant (Current Employee), Witbank, MPOctober 12, 2014
Pros: bonus every year
Cons: a lot of pressure
Everyday is measured by our stats and performance
we work under constant pressure everyday and thrive on it
i have learned to stay calm when the pressure is on and to trust in a great team
our management can be tight but there is a big responsibility and they are approachable
my co-workers are some of the best people and very hardworking, it is the culture.
the hardest part of my job is to not burn out and keep up the tempo
the most enjoyable part of my jobs is having satisfied customers and business units.
i believe every person is her/ his own brand
productive
mechanical fitter (Current Employee), Rustenburg, NWOctober 1, 2014
Cons: long hours during breakdowns
always on new system of management,a lot about being responsible,not honest with themselves,lovely and friendly co-workers,too much expectation from management,contributing towarrds being no1 platinum producer.

1 2 3 4 5

About Anglo American

Anglo American’s metallurgical coal business is one of Australia’s leading metallurgical coal producers with extensive coal mining – Read more