Anglo American Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
we still as a whole have a lot to perfect on and one of those point of interest is the workers in ability to conker all the challenges they face
mining and development sector underground (Current Employee), Witbank, MPFebruary 2, 2016
Pros: we work well as a team
Cons: the language barrier can be a problem sometimes
it would be to start off with our D.S.B where min targets , safety tips and so on are high lighted and we discuss the job tasks at hand . WE THEN GET TO KNOW AND FAMILIARIZE what is required of us as a team and then get ready for going underground an perform those tasks to the fullest extent of our experience and ensure the safety of ourselves and that of our colleagues
P2P Procurement Specialist (Current Employee), London, ENGJanuary 27, 2016
Pros: Free Lunches and flexible working hours
A great place to work, good atmosphere, flexible working hours. love helping others and improving business processes.
Management Accountant - Contractor (Former Employee), Johannesburg, GPJanuary 20, 2016
Very professional, tight deadlines to meet and still have to manage the teams requirements. Had to assist the non-accounting people with all their budget and expenditure queries and explain in detail to them
productive
Lab Technician (Current Employee), Johannesburg, GPJanuary 14, 2016
Pros: canteen
Cons: contractor for ten years
every working day starts with a short production meeting and safety meeting where people engage and remind each other about working safe and producing quality work
productive
Payroll Administrator (Current Employee), Johannesburg, GPJanuary 11, 2016
Pros: free lunch
Cons: long hours during cost closings
working at Anglo has been both a challenge and a blessing.I have learned a lot from both my colleagues and supervisor

one need to be fully focused on the job or else clients might end up being overpaid or even underpaid
Fun in the workplace due to great morale
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Potgietersrus, LPDecember 22, 2015
Pros: Free food on public holidays
Cons: Hard conditions due to working on the mine.
I worked with a diverse group of people. It was quite an experience and very educating. Conditions were hard but it was my job to make it easier for the employees on the ground. It was my great pleasure to work with and for these great people.

I dealt with anything to make the operators life easier from HR to payroll.

I am very grateful to have had the opportunity to have worked at this great company.
Good workplace environment.
Admin learnership (Current Employee), Kathu, NCDecember 17, 2015
Mondays is always a good day at work because normally it's a busy day. I love to be busy the whole day because it means you are productive.
Poor Management/ Nepotism
Plant Operator (Former Employee), Middlemount QLDDecember 8, 2015
Pros: home time
Cons: work sites are atrocious
Dont work for them, they have bad human relations skills and really dont care about their employees. Bully boy tactics.
good to be woking at this place
shift supervisor (Current Employee), Thabazimbi, LPDecember 6, 2015
Cons: No time to knock off, this is the most borring
So many challenges we face on daily basis specially because of the UNIONS tha is influencing employees negatively.

Dispite the challages I managed to bring my teams together and starting to achieve incredible results.

The hard part of this job is the preasure i get from both the managment and the crews. When the management brings changes in standard and Code Of Practice the crews are always resistant to implemment.

The most enjoyeble part of this job is when I get recognition and receiving presents as a best performer
Hardwork
Mine Technician (Former Employee), Middlemount, QLDNovember 18, 2015
Pros: Served its purpose.
Cons: Away from family to long
Coal mine Culture, Not for everyone. Great wage, Lifestyle change is good for all. Dream job like all dreams they have an end
Very enjoyable workplace with great benefits.
Intranet Administrator (Current Employee), Johannesburg, South AfricaNovember 12, 2015
The people working here are what makes it a great company to work for.

A typical day at work could be quiet or extremely busy - depending on what the day brings.

I had the best co-workers and I've learned a lot from all of them over the years.
LABORATORY TECHNOLOGIST (Former Employee), Germiston, GPNovember 10, 2015
Pros: free lunch were given
Team workplace was positive all times,care and respect was one of golden rules at workplace.turn around time were acchived without any difficulties even workload was high. workers were able to start with sample from begining till last step of analysis and that gave people ability to grow with a job, handle responsibility and build positive relationships with work colleagues at all levels.
PRODUCTIVE
Snr. ACC. ASSISTANT (Current Employee), Witbank, MpumalangaOctober 30, 2015
Pros: team building
Cons: working overtime some month ends
having a positive mind set to reach target everyday.
and feeling good when achieved

when the work flow is high all of us is commited to bring it down even if we need to work overtime.

people is fun to work with and a good team work.
I gained relevant experience of the corporate environment and gained experience as the only female in a male work enviromment.
Desktop Support Administrator (Former Employee), HarareOctober 8, 2015
Pros: Good working enviroment and salary package
Cons: None
Providing IT support services and computer software training to Anglo American head office and more than 20 subsidiary companies.

It involved hard work and required extreme efficiency in all respective IT areas.
Productive work environment
Risk Practitioner (Current Employee), Potgietersrus, LPSeptember 4, 2015
Pros: To learn each time with each scenario because each case has its own merits
Cons: n.a.
We live our Values and care about each other. The hardest part of the job is to address the risk factor in any dangerous situation and be objective about it. At the same time it is also a fulfilment to self, in the way that I have addressed risks and addressed with management and other people and made them aware of such.
GOAL DRIVEN - PRESSURIZED
SNR PROCUREMENT OFFICER (Former Employee), GAUTENGAugust 16, 2015
Fast, driven pressure, that never seemed to ease. Great team work and a team that wanted to see positive results.
Working interdependently was a strong requirement, attention to detail and accuracy important.
Red tape a huge factor with many levels of authority
safety first in work
instrument mech (Current Employee), Rustenburg, NWAugust 10, 2015
Cons: 8 hours per day work
supportive to each other successful,good communication,one team.team empowered and enable to succed acknowledgement and recognize the effort and contributions of other.
Productive and determined
Safety Officer (Current Employee), MpumalangaJuly 30, 2015
I love what i do, i love to do different tasks for me not to get bored. I'm a team player but i also work well i'm i'm alone. I get along well with my co-workers. I have learnt that people are different and therefor my approach to each indivivual must be different as well.Hardest job i've ever done was to do a behavior based coaching on a group of people that did not understand isizulu and english, but understood Sepedi. The most enjoyable part of my job is that i deal with different people and i make a positive change in their lives with regards to safety.
mine busy to be sold
mine overseer (Current Employee), Swartklip, LPJuly 27, 2015
Pros: housing, underground allowences
Cons: Stabilty of the mine
My problem is that the mine is going to be sold, and I do not see a future on this mine any more. I worked very well for this company. They tought me alot and I was promoted by the company and the managment team on Union mine.
excellent company to work for but positions in management for women and other ethnic groups were difficult at the time
Internal sales co-ordinatior (Former Employee), Johannesburg, GPJune 19, 2015
What a great company to work for. We had a fantastic sales team this was due to the many team building exercises we went on. salary was excellent, also performance bonuses plus quarterly sales incentives. lots of entertainment, braais, champayne breakfasts golf days, exhibitions were the staff were totally involved in...