Anglo American

Anglo American Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Nice environment for retirement
HRD Officer (Engineering Assessor) (Current Employee), Rustenburg, NWNovember 24, 2014
Cons: no pay for extra work
Start work at 8'o clock and go to the assembly for prayer.
To always be clued up with the latest technology so as to teach the young stars about the averall life expectency.
Good management that ahad understanding
Very negative towards what you are doing as they not knowing the field you are in.
The salary was really horrible for a head of the family.
When – more... going on school trips. – less
GOOD WORKING PLACE
FITTER (Current Employee), Rustenburg, NWNovember 20, 2014
Pros: free gifts
Cons: long hours depending on job
WORKING AT ANGLO WAS A GOOD WORKING EXPERIENCE FOR ME. LEARNED HOW TO WORK WITH DIFFRENT KIND OF PEOPLE. MANGEMENT ALWAYS CARE ABOUT EMPLOYEES AND CO-WORKERS GIVE SUPPORT TO EVERY DIFFICULTY THAT A PERSON GOES THROUGH. ALWAYS HAVING A HUSTLE WHEN WORKINING WITH PEOPLE OF A DIFFRENT DEPARTMENT. BUT ALWAYS ENJOYED WHEN A JOB WAS PERFECTLY DONE IN A SAFE – more... MANNER. – less
Principal Mining Engineer (Former Employee), Johannesburg, GPNovember 17, 2014
Pros: great benefits
Cons: away from home
Learnt a lot - made me a better Mining Engineer.
Great benefits - look after emplyees
good and enjoyable to work
Acting Electrician (Former Employee), Amandelbult, LPNovember 17, 2014
Pros: bonuses
Cons: long hours
being able to learn to cope working long hours with difficult schedule,coorpotating with my team and superviser and working standbyes
Project Manager (Former Employee), Northam, LPNovember 12, 2014
Pros: excellent working environment
Cons: contractual appointment
- Great company with high expectations
- Great potential for growth
- Highly motivated staff
- Production orientated
Its a very good company
Safety Officer (Current Employee), Kathu, NCNovember 9, 2014
Pros: free lunches when having meeting and functions hosted by hq
Cons: long hours work not permitted
Start to work at 7:00 in the morning and complete the day at 16:00
Learned a lot about the system used by the company and the proper application of MHS Act
The management of the company is very well informed and participate/involved/contribute100% towards safety of the employees
Co-workers were very helpfull moreover towards safety of employees
When – more... the is an incident which needs to be investigated and have a negative stats reporting on the project – less
Professional and supporting growth
Project Services Manager (Former Employee), Johannesburg, GPNovember 7, 2014
Pros: wellness programmes, the campus gym, safety in general, campus doctors
Cons: location of our campus, safety concerns
Its a pity that the mining environment has become very turbulent lately, especially Anglo American as a result of external factors (strikes, change of economic and political field).

Anglo American itself looks after the employees, which are the driving force of the company success. As the Oppenheimers stated that the employees are the valuable resource.

Anglo – more... American is well managed, opportunities for growth existed and it is indeed one of the best private, Global companies I have worked for.
Management is very broad minded, they support people's growth in so many ways.
The hardest part was to always deal with a uncertain future which has landed me where I am currently ( retrenched).
The most enjoyable was the benefit from the company performance, the bonuses were fair as we knew that the company was doing very well using the well looked after workforce. – less
Fun and good in developing employees
Human Resources Development Officer (Current Employee), Rustenburg, NWNovember 4, 2014
Pros: family functions
As a service provider you sometimes get unnecessary pressureF from the people you serve because the want you to break the rules in order to help them.
fast paced
Weighbridge Clerk (Former Employee), elstow bedfordOctober 30, 2014
Pros: salary
Cons: long hours
my typicaj day cosisted of the weighing of trucks when they were empty and then again when loaded.
i also had to liaise with drivers and site managers to make sure trucks were on time to site and the correct materials were on board,
i didnt see many managers as they worked in a different part of the country and spoke on the phone to them.
co workers – more... worked for another company as it was a joint venture. worked together ok.
the hardest part of the job was making sure everything run on time but sometimes the plant would break down. – less
Social life was very good
Dragline & Shovel Production Supervisor (Former Employee), Arnot, Transvaal, South AfricaOctober 19, 2014
Pros: lovely country, plenty of outdoor activities
Cons: long distances to the larger cities
Good family life there.

Hours of work were good

Trainees good to work with.
Learned alot, great people
Senior Accounts Assistant (Current Employee), Witbank, MPOctober 12, 2014
Pros: bonus every year
Cons: a lot of pressure
Everyday is measured by our stats and performance
we work under constant pressure everyday and thrive on it
i have learned to stay calm when the pressure is on and to trust in a great team
our management can be tight but there is a big responsibility and they are approachable
my co-workers are some of the best people and very hardworking, it is the – more... culture.
the hardest part of my job is to not burn out and keep up the tempo
the most enjoyable part of my jobs is having satisfied customers and business units.
i believe every person is her/ his own brand – less
productive
mechanical fitter (Current Employee), Rustenburg, NWOctober 1, 2014
Cons: long hours during breakdowns
always on new system of management,a lot about being responsible,not honest with themselves,lovely and friendly co-workers,too much expectation from management,contributing towarrds being no1 platinum producer.
providing good servive to clients
Customer Engagement Officer (Former Employee), Johannesburg South, GPSeptember 23, 2014
Pros: normal 1 hour lunch
Dealing with customers handling their HR/ Payroll related queries,nothing exciting as you are expected to be in the office the whole time
We have fun teams at work to blow off steam
Snr Accounts Assistant (Current Employee), Johannesburg, GPSeptember 10, 2014
Pros: we have daily subsidy on our access cards (no lunch box stress)
Cons: in my department we dont have long hours, and if we do it could be 3 times a year, or if its month end and there is a system (network) problem.
> Starts at 8 - we have canteen open for the whole day and coffee bar

> I have my monthly duties and based on request tasks from the mines.

> We have an open door policy here, our managers are on the same open plan with us.

> Well I have been in this department for 2 years now, so nothing is hard for me.

> My line manager and team members, are sitting – more... around the same space, so to make sure that we not all on the same page, we thru jokes around while working. We always have something to love about, we go for coffee and cake together and have weekly meetings just to check who needs assistance with work load. – less
Salaries for lower working class is not good and Job security is not guaranteed
HR Officer (Former Employee), Northam, LPSeptember 4, 2014
Pros: organisation culture is good
Cons: low salaries and lack of job security
Day at work is hectic, I've learned a lot from the employer and co-workers. Dealing with Union Reps was the hardest experience because they don't want to listen to anyone as their target is to please their members. Assisting employees to have a better working environment.
loved it!
Senior nursing services manager (Former Employee), Witbank, MPAugust 24, 2014
Pros: good salary and bonuses and job security
I felt secure and enjoyed working for Anglo. I needed a new challenge and went on early pension and bought a house by the sea.
Great colleagues and a good company to be part of
Personal Assistant (Former Employee), London, ENGAugust 11, 2014
Pros: free lunch, yoga classes, fantastic location, good company culture
Cons: could be long hours and senior pa roles are quite scarce
Worked with fantastic colleagues, great culture of helping and supporting each other. Good social culture - always something going on to enjoy.
This is a good manage plant , safe ,reliable and clean
instrumentation forman (Current Employee), Lydenburg, MPAugust 5, 2014
Pros: free transport
Cons: for from town
•Planning of maintenance on advanced instrumentation such as:
• Press, flow, level, temperature, instrumentation
•Managing and execution of all Technical assignments focusing on system integration
• PLC / SCADA / OPUS
• Mentor and coach subordinates
3. System basic design
4. Determine the strategy of reliability engineering and implementation there-off – more... in consultation with Project Team members.
5. Participation in failure analysis with specific emphasis on vibration /condition monitoring, hydraulics and lubrication
6. Supplying of specialist vibration monitoring/tribology input into Best Practice formulation – less
HR Business Analyst (Current Employee), Kriel, MPAugust 4, 2014
Pros: influence
Cons: job security
Fun filled activity, being part of the DBCM was interesting as was involved in two major projects. Namely start up the HRSS and new mine - grown significantly and understand the business model and vision & mission of the organization.
Productive every day
Safety Officer (Current Employee), Sishen, NCJuly 22, 2014
Every day you lean something new
To be glad every day is a zero harm free day
To transfer knowledge to your co-workers

1 2 3 4 5

About Anglo American

Anglo American’s metallurgical coal business is one of Australia’s leading metallurgical coal producers with extensive coal mining – Read more