Anglo American Employee Reviews

Great company with great benefits.
Personal Assistant to Head of Global Shared (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg, South Africa9 September 2016
Great company with great benefits. Management appreciate the views of all employees. Communication between management and staff are very good. Offer employees the opportunity to grow by offering internal and external training.
Pros
Free lunch, 13th cheque
Cons
Healthcare not up to standard, comparing to other companies.
Fast pace on demand
EMEA End User Computing Manager (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng20 June 2016
The position I occupied at Anglo American, needed attention from a service delivery perspective.I had to ensure deliverables/SLA's are met by the various vendors that provided support to the IT infrastructure. I have learned that communication is key to customer satisfaction and that keeping specialized/critical systems up to date is your best defense against downtime. The culture was not harmonious in the sense that there was alot of conflict between teams. The business is still very much dominated by old unqualified individuals who dominate the workforce. This brought great difficulty for the younger generation to apply up to date knowledge to the IT environment. On the plus side I have had the opportunity of interacting with different cultures from around the world.
Anglo American is a great company to work for if you are a results driven individual.
Benefits
Cons
Little room for growth
Big company
Contract Optimization Specialist - Supply Chain (Former Employee) –  Santiago de Chile, Región Metropolitana30 August 2016
Is a big company and works slowly, is difficult define a career and now with the commodity prices in crisis is very competitive the job's environments.
They have a very good benefit a very good salaries.
Pros
Very good benefits
Cons
job's environments.
Enjoyed working for Anglo American
Production Foreman (Former Employee) –  Rustenburg, North West25 March 2017
Anglo American has a lot to offer any employee from medical to in-house training. the overall culture were very positive but with a lot of operations being sold this changed a lot. Anglo American cares more about their senior management team than the ground level employees. but overall, it was a nice ride.
Pros
Good Salaries, In-house Training, Bonuses
Cons
Job Security
fun working place
blasting assistant (Former Employee) –  Limpopo1 March 2017
we meet with different people,different cultures, languages it's really great we learn a lot from others who have been in the industry for a long time
Pros
safety days they bring snacks
People orientated
Mine Overseer (Current Employee) –  Witbank, Mpumalanga27 December 2016
Good overall with people. Career path development chosen for you on PIT programme which is not ideal.

Friendly working environment with a good age spectrum and opportunities for post graduates who want to stay in one commodity.

Risk of becoming pigeon holed if not willing to relocate and change commodity.

The career path you choose must be driven hard by the employee.
Pros
Good leave availability
Cons
Moved away from your career aspirations
Productive and fun work place
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Limpopo10 December 2016
I'm a hard working person with team spirit .communication is my management skill.I enjoy working with different kind of people. And I handle conflict well
Pros
Lunch time
Cons
It was great to work for Anglo.
Section Electrician (Former Employee) –  Free State14 October 2016
Unfortunately i worked for Anglo American during the difficult times of colour discrimination, though i enjoyed excellent treatment by my supervisor, i would have loved to have had more chances working myself up the ladder in the work place, but such opportunites always fell short of me, there were always industrial upheavals with the Unions and many strikes and many political issues which together with poor world markets eventually ran the company down. But i really had few opportunities to develop there.
Pros
i liked braai safety meetings management gave away.
Cons
Great job as it fulfilled my area of expertise
HCM Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Pretoria, Gauteng7 October 2016
Worked with a great team both in South Africa and the support technical team in India. I had the opportunity to implement areas of Time Management to meet the Human Resource Policies for mining employees. Completed and team led all the testing prior to implementation. The implementation deadlines were in some instances difficult to meet based on the technical team based in India and a language challenges sometimes occurred. These were overcome and a very good relationship was formed. It was a temporary position only based on the AAC restructure of Kumba.
Pros
Good location
Cons
SA to India time delays
Mine Overseer (Current Employee) –  Union Mine Swartklip Limpopo18 December 2016
Start at 5h30 in morning with meeting with supervisors for the days jobs and breakdowns .Attend Meeting with Manager at 7h00 for feedback and at 8h30 Underground.
The hardest part of job is when people do not do the job as planned.
The enjoyable part of job it not every is the same different challenges daily
Pros
good incentive
Cons
Once enrolled you become family.Fun to work for even though the job security a bit compromised.
Former miner and shift supervisor (Former Employee) –  Twickenham Project Limpopo11 March 2017
The prospects were very good with good incentives but it was shortlived due to retrenchments and subsequent closure.I was the first miner to be hired for the then project and was left outside during the re opening. I enjoyed the privileges during training at the then Frank # and accomodation at Bleskop was good by the standards by then.
Pros
Good training set up at ADC Rustenburg.
Cons
Hard to get into the company employ.
Very productive
earthmoving mechanic (Former Employee) –  South Africa31 January 2017
This is the company you can work for, you can rely on. They put people first, they make you feel like exactly that you're part of this company they value your inputs regardless who you or from which race, this is the company they understand that people spend more time at work than with their families and friends so they make work environment enjoyeble. Only one thing the renumerations info can't. .......?
Pros
Cons
Free hospital, lunch breaks
productive
operator (Current Employee) –  Rustenburg, North West20 January 2017
The company need a general meeting to meet with employees to hear their point of view on how to lift this business to a greater high.
as you know very well that without the employees the company is incomplete.
Pros
no free launches
My Experience
IM SUPPORT OFFICER (Current Employee) –  Unki Mine Zimbabwe24 November 2016
Work Starts early (7am for us), target are presented as clearly as possible. team effort to attain targets and teams are rewarded for not only achieving a target but also how much a target has been achieved.
Pros
Great renunaration
Cons
very long hours (10hrs monday through Friday)
Pressure
belt operator (Former Employee) –  mining13 January 2017
we were supposed to work with target every day at standard bank and at the same time at the end of the day you have to be balanced your money should to accurate with the system.
Productive and Tough working environment
Mine Planning Engineer (Current Employee) –  Kathu, Northern Cape13 April 2016
There are opportunities to grow.

Management is friendly and welcoming.

Peers and subordinates are helpful at all times.

Long working hours
Pros
Cellphone benefits
Cons
Long working hours
productive
semi electrician (Former Employee) –  Witbank, Mpumalanga26 November 2016
I ve leant to work as team and i was self motiveted.i ve gained positive confident as i work with different people.i gained and improved my communication skills.
Cons
Target driven,safe and fun workplace
Instrument Mechanician (Former Employee) –  Rustenburg6 January 2017
I enjoyed my time in all the anglo operations that I worked at. If an employee(s) perfomes well in all the key areas (ie safety,quality,cost, quantity as well as on-time delivery) this company will always recognise such perfomances especially at RBMR. The values and standards are what gorven this Company.
Pros
perfomance recognition
Cons
upredictable work hours at times
Productive place
Intern Accountant (Former Employee) –  Polokwane, Limpopo18 October 2016
a typical day would be to get there and check what different managers wanted to purchase , then orders would be place to the respective companies , i learned how to work with the system they use to record information about salaries , the budget of the company and the actual numbers and with those figures predict how much money will be needed for the next year, i had about four co-workers and they were all mentoring me in their respective fields, which are purchasing, logistics, paychecks and recording of day to day expenses
Pros
free lunch and transport
supply chain
supply chain specialist (Current Employee) –  Rustenburg, North West21 February 2017
managing supply chain from procurement to pay. Demand management, supplier management, inventory, transport, warehousing, BEE, supplier development, contract management

4.2