The ANDRITZ GROUP is a globally leading supplier of plants, equipment, and services for hydropower stations, the pulp and paper industry, the metalworking and steel industries, and solid/liquid separation in the municipal and industrial sectors. The ANDRITZ GROUP is headquartered in Graz, Austria, and has a staff of around 23,900 employees.
ANDRITZ HYDRO is a global supplier of electro-mechanical systems and services ("water to wire") for hydropower plants and one of the leaders in the world market for hydraulic power generation. ANDRITZ HYDRO is headquartered in Vienna, Austria and has more than 50 locations in 20 countries worldwide.
The company is organized in five main divisions.
Service & Rehab
ANDRITZ HYDRO AFI Inc. is based in Paris, Ontario. This division provides a one-stop solution for the design, manufacture and installation of custom water control gates and ancillary equipment for North America's hydroelectric power generation industry.
Our focus is to provide turnkey projects from conception through commissioning for water control systems. We specialize in custom-designed intake gates, radial gates, sluice gates, tailrace gates, embedded parts, hoisting equipment and towers, cranes, and trash racks. We have the experience, knowledge, and physical capabilities to design, build, and install virtually any such product necessary to meet our customers' requirements.
We strongly believe that customer satisfaction is the key to success. We uphold this belief through pride in our workmanship and strong alliances with vendors sharing this same philosophy. Our relentless attention to our customers' expectations for quality, safety, and on-time delivery has made us their supplier of choice.
With our team of engineering professionals, state-of-the-art facility, in-house installation expertise, and 20-year industry experience, we have completed hundreds of successful projects across Canada. Our clients range from private power generation firms to provincial utilities, including Ontario Power Generation, the owner of the most generating stations in Canada.
The Financial Analyst assists in planning, organizing, and directing the operation of the Finance department with the Controller. Establish performance standards for the department and prepare various financial reports.
Key Responsibilities and Tasks
- Assists the Controller in planning, organizing, directing, controlling and evaluating the operation of the financial group.
- Process accounts payable and expense reports in the MRP and accounting system.
- Month end reporting and preparation of balance sheet accounts and documentations.
- Prepare project accounting journal entries and analysis for the project financials.
- Maintain inventory and fixed asset ledgers and organize physical counts.
- Assist in the preparation of monthly financial reports for senior management and ANDRITZ reporting packages.
- Preparation of monthly tax reports to various government agencies
- Assist the Controller with special projects, financial analysis, and other various administrative tasks as required.
- Completion of a bachelor’s degree.
- Working towards or achieved CPA, CA, CMA, or CGA designation preferred.
- Knowledge of IFRS and project accounting methodologies is an asset.
- Recent graduates with relevant experience welcome to apply for this strong learning opportunity.
- Pro-active individual with a positive, 'can-do' attitude
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Innovative thinker and proven problem-solving skills.
- Works well under pressure.
- Team player who inspires confidence.
- Enthusiasm for change and ability to work in a demanding and entrepreneurial environment.