Expanding sole practitioner firm located in a small town in Southwestern Ontario is seeking a full-time junior staff accountant to join our 5 person team. The town of St Marys has exceptional lifestyle benefits including minimal commuting, full recreational opportunities, good schools and easy access to the major cities of southern Ontario.
- preliminary experience in public practice or related field of accounting
- completion of a degree or certificate in accounting at a college or university
- Strong analytic and problem solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Office suite, QuickBooks and Simply Accounting
- Compile financial statements and associated working papers, prepare corresponding T2 corporate tax returns, and personal tax returns
- Assist with client bookkeeping and monthly and quarterly HST and source deduction filings
- Perform other ad-hoc projects as required
- Identify potential issues and provide recommended solutions to clients
- Provide superior client service with an emphasis on understanding the client’s business and maintaining strong relationships
- Work overtime and Saturdays as required during personal tax season
Other Important Notes
We are a small firm so it is extremely important we find a person who will fit in well in our office environment. The ideal candidate will either be living in the St. Marys/Stratford area, or be willing to move into the region. The firm has grown steadily over the last ten years and as a result, the successful candidate will have the opportunity to grow with the firm and undertake additional responsibilities. The successful candidate will work closely with the practitioner. Our firm recognizes the profession is demanding and we attempt to provide a positive work environment sensitive to staff needs.