Anderson Merchandisers

Anderson Merchandisers Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
After recent changes, future is uncertain
District Manager (Current Employee), NortheastFebruary 26, 2015
Pros: free to make own schedule
Cons: declining bonus, hours cut
After the cancellation of services in a major retailer in August, hours have been slashed and the future of this company is up in the air at this point, promotions have been frozen and management is constantly contradicting themselves.
Above average
TSL (Current Employee), Amarillo, TXFebruary 25, 2015
A typical day with Anderson was challenging in the sense that you manage your work. You quickly need to learn to manage your time and take the lead role when meeting your clients expectations. The most enjoyable part of the job is feeling that satisfaction that you made a difference and your client is pleased.
Good starter job
Retail Media Merchandiser (Former Employee), Lancaster & Palmdale, CAFebruary 21, 2015
Pros: free movies and merchandise, learn a lot of different areas of retail
Cons: bad managment, overloading workers with projects in such a short amount of time
I rated the company from my experience but it is a really good job....if you have a good manager and coworkers that aren't always sabotaging your work and belittling you. Unfortunately that was my horror story. Though there are many positives to the job though. You get experience in many different areas and can apply your knowledge to many facets of different kinds of jobs after you leave Anderson. You meet many different people. Pay is good. Don't expect to get a steady flow of hours if you are a part timer. You can go from having 25 hours one week down to 4 the next. So make sure you have a back up job or money saved for those slow weeks. I enjoyed the freedom to get creative with the merchandising. Most of the time they want you to set things up a certain way but there are times where you set up the way you think it'll sell and look good. The hardest part about my job was the time constraints and deadlines. They expect you to get jobs done in 10 minutes when it realistically takes up to an hour and they overload the employees with these kinds of projects that have deadlines throughout the week. Time management is key to getting these done.
Lots of freedom, easy work
Vendor Specialist (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PAFebruary 18, 2015
Pros: co workers, freedom
Cons: management
The work place was light and easy to be around. The management was poorly managed and handled most problems poorly and were quite dysfunctional
Can be a great place to work, but ...
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee), Amarillo, TXFebruary 10, 2015
Pros: free movies and movies sometimes, 3 day weekend schedule.
Cons: expensive biweekly insurance benefits, no room for advancement, no grace period for clocking in or out.
I'll start off by saying, the work is great, but as with any job, the human side of the work becomes tough to deal with. Human Resources and management are unskilled chiefs with an extreme level of unprofessionalism. GMs can be extremely salty and rude. Temporary associates are often treated as if they are disposable. Communication is terrible and causes poor production. That being said, the type of work is easy; just finding a method that helps you become a top performer is slightly the hard part. But once you find what works for you, you are good. The company often has hiring and pay raise freezes. Warehouse workers are often overworked and underpaid w/o raises. There's no room for growth. The culture of the warehouse is one of idleness, fear of change, and hopelessness. Many of the coworkers (associates) are nice and great to talk with. Breaks are okay; as with just about any job 2-15 min breaks with a half hour lunch. The giveaways are okay around the holidays. There's a lot to learn production wise.
Production Pace with Fast Food pay
Production Assistant (Former Employee), Auburn, GAFebruary 4, 2015
Pros: casual dress. shorts, t-shirts. hired my sibling, which most companies frown upon.
Cons: healthcare is a joke! extremely expensive, only a discount program for the first year of employment, pay is barely above minimum wage, but work is fast paced, little to zero downtime.
I worked here for 7 months. I worked the 2nd shift 3:15 - 12:00am. But most weeks we worked 12 hour shifts 3:15-3:00am. They are extremely strick and rigid about breaks and restroom breaks. You are expected to work at production speeds for fast food pay. Even with my shift differential pay, I was still only making $8.70 an hr. The employees are amazing but change so often it was difficult to get to know them. I never knew if my line would be coming back from lunch because a lot didn't. This company pays an absorbent amount on drug testing, which makes little sense with the turn over. That money would be better spent on employee salaries!! Then the turn over rate would come down, saving money on new hires and time on training. I made these suggestions and just received shrugs. You aren't allowed to take your cell in the warehouse and are subject to searches!! Not an employer I could even remotely recommend.
Great opportunity to be a national leader
RETAIL MERCHANDISING SPECIALIST (Current Employee), Janesville, WIFebruary 3, 2015
A typical day at work is never the same. You go in every day and never know what to expect. You are greeted with new challenges and opportunities and come away at the end of the day with renewed pride and satisfaction of a job well done. You are constantly learning which leaves you yearning for more.
Good Company
Project Manager for Sam's Magazines (Former Employee), Amarillo, TXJanuary 30, 2015
Positive working conditions and environment. Recommend this company as a place to work as the culture is very positive for employees.
worked with music and books
order puller/stocker (Former Employee), Denton txJanuary 23, 2015
Pros: good benefits and got free books.
Cons: too far to drive, and some of the higher ups showed partiality, . it was a know fact which i ignored and did my job. my job
Loved that job and would have stayed only moved to East Tx. The work was interesting and learned alot about our biggest customer Walmart. Books had to tagged a certain way and music the same. Worked in shipping when needed and even went to warehouse in Atlanta to work. A great place and miss it everyday.
Productive work for the week
Sales/Merchandiser (Current Employee), Stockton, CAJanuary 23, 2015
Pros: flexible hours, lunch brakes
Cons: health care, limited hours during week, hours changing during the week
Check surveys that are listed answer before due date

Stock product:books,music,movies,new release pallets on the floor

The hardest part is doing all these things if there is alot of surveys,books,music during the week

Its enjoyable helping customers find a certain product and getting everything complete for the week
Helping People
Customer Services Representative (Former Employee), Amarillo, TXJanuary 22, 2015
I enjoy helping people with their needs and problems.
I enjoy reading and working on mind building games.
I normally remember anything I read and see.
I loved to work for Anderson Merchandisers
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Amarillo, TXJanuary 20, 2015
Pros: nice people, fun job
Stocking shelves, taking pictures and surveys for different customers, working together with store managers and employees.
Inventories, price checks, setting planogram and a lot more.
I had fun with my co-workers and customers as well as store personal.
Poor place to work.
Merchandiser (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZ.January 14, 2015
Cons: compensation
To many projects to complete and not enough time.
Compensation is terrible. Be better off searching for another part time job.
Looking for managerial and or district manager position in sales and merchandising
Retail Media Supervisor (Current Employee), Philadelphia west suburb territoryJanuary 13, 2015
Typical day begins with planning out my day and meeting with clients to discuss my merchandising plans for the day.

Projects in various departments of retail stores are carried and out excellent customer service is provided while on the sales floor.
Part Time Retail Sales Merchandiser
Retail Sales Merchandiser (Former Employee), MIJanuary 9, 2015
Pros: flexible schedule, a variety of projects, and some dvd freebies.
Cons: lack of communication, low mileage pay, and bad walmart management.
Merchandised books, Cd's, signing, and more. Audited mobile phones and paint dept. on a weekly basis with company issued device (iPhone5). Worked part time (20-30 hours a week) exclusively at two different area Walmart stores. Independent work but not much communication outside of daily voice mails. The job was ok overall.
a great company to work for
Territory Sales Lead (Current Employee), Albany, GAJanuary 3, 2015
Pros: flexable hours
Cons: its not a 24hour company
The majority of responsibility for the Territory Sales Lead is the supervision and development of the assigned associates to drive sales and meet retailer and client expectations utilizing 5 Key Steps. This responsibility is demonstrated by effectively selling and educatingcustomers and store personnel about product lines and other project (s) deemednecessary. We achieve optimal results by implementing the Anderson Approach, which consist of Collaboration, Presell and Awareness, Implementation, Reporting and Post Reporting.
Too much work not enough pay
Merchandiser (Current Employee), Fairfield, CADecember 19, 2014
Way too much work and the pay doesnt match. Nothing learned here will help in a long run. Just a flexible job while going to school.
Anderson Merchandisers
Retail Merchandiser (Current Employee), Amarillo, TXDecember 15, 2014
Pros: it's never the same thing twice
Cons: none that i know of
I enjoy working for Anderson. The fast pace and constant challenges really makes one have to think on their feet and find ways to map their day to get the jobs done.
Enjoyable to work with the public helping them find a book, video or music
Sales Merchandiser (Current Employee), Leesville, LADecember 6, 2014
Pros: we received promo t-shirts, video's etc
Cons: no cons
I stocked the books, video's and music as a merchandiser for Anderson in Walmart, also hung up signing and made displays with the merchandise and verified all merchandise was out for sale and answered surverys in reference to each project. Our company also was responsible for numerous projects in Walmart. I thoroughly enjoy talking with the public trying to help them find a book, music or video and they would just come by to chat with me and tell me how they enjoyed it, I also enjoyed with beside the Walmart associates, we had a good relationship, I also had to interact with the department, zone and store manager.
Excellent job
Territory Sales Lead (Current Employee), seymour, inDecember 4, 2014
I thoroughly enjoy working for Anderson. My manager is an amazing person and going to work every day is an amazing experience. I am hoping to progress to more of a management position.

1 2 3 4 5

About Anderson Merchandisers

Anderson Merchandisers, LLC is a leading provider of in-store solutions. Our commitment to cutting-edge technology paired with – Read more

Anderson Merchandisers Photos