Anderson Merchandisers

Anderson Merchandisers Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Not worth the effort.
Media Merchandiser (Former Employee), Roseville, MINovember 18, 2014
Pros: extremely easy, never see your actual bosses.
Cons: very limited hours, no insurance for part time, bad management.
Scheduling was never right, communication with the higher ups was ridiculous so employees looked stupid because we never knew what was going on. They gave you extremely limited time to complete a large number of projects, I was given maybe 10 hours a week (after being promised 4 days a week) to complete almost a week worth of tasks and then held accountable – more... for things that happened on days I wasn't there. It was the worst run company I have ever worked for, I would not recommend this for anyone I know. – less
company seems desperate for business
TSL (Current Employee), Atlanta, GANovember 7, 2014
Pros: working independently
Cons: working on thanksgiving day. heavy weekly work load
Company changed from book, music and video merchandising as their only revenue in 2008 to "client services" fee based work. Basically, they will take almost any outside job to collect a fee. Reps have 30-40 "activities" to complete each week and the company wants in done in under 40 hours. Reps are stressed to the max, and if these companies that are – more... paying for service knew how very little time the reps are actually focusing on their product, they would probably pull their contract. The expectations on the sales field are totally unrealistic. They are constantly hiring PT associates because the demands they put on these people are ridiculous. District Managers are micro managers on scheduling and time. Regional Manager only focus on making themselves look good to the home office at the expense of everybody else's sanity. What use to be a fun company to work for lost that appeal years ago. Currently looking for a new JOB!! – less
Good company
Merchandising and distribution company (Former Employee), San Jose, CANovember 3, 2014
The company was good. The pay wasn't so great. Management was well trained, seasoned. There is no way to grow within the company.
Loved this job!
Retail Merchandising Supervisor (Former Employee), Amarillo, TXNovember 1, 2014
Pros: free movies and t-shirts, having the trust of the company to work by myself and get the job done
Cons: short hours, no benefits(health)
I was a retail merchandiser, stocking media at Wal-Mart and Best Buy. I loved this job, dealing with moviesand music, sometimes getting free movies and t-shirts.
productive
Accounts Payable Specialist (Former Employee), Amarillo, TXOctober 27, 2014
Pros: holidays, getting free movies
Cons: enviroment
keying and researching music charges.
I learned how to use 2 different software programs.
Holidays were the best part
A lot of nights away from home
Itunes Brand Advocate (Former Employee), Dothan, ALOctober 27, 2014
Pros: freedom, working by myself, company events
Cons: healthcare was horrible, away from home 3nights per week, negative manager
The job was great. Management wasn't good, a lot of negativity. Required to spend many nights in hotels to reduce milage. Company events were great upper management were pleasant
Productive and friendly work environment
Sales Rep (Former Employee), Amarillo, TXOctober 7, 2014
I have enjoyed working with all sorts of people. I did not like the lack of training that they had giving me. I learned a lot about stores than I ever did before and I am thankful for any and all experiences that I gathered.
Fun group of pt people to work with
Merchandiser (Former Employee), St. CloudOctober 4, 2014
Pros: done work earily
Cons: healthcare only pt
Early to raise and off work early. Customers always friendly and smiling
Overall great plave to work
Sales representative (Current Employee), Louisville KYSeptember 17, 2014
Pros: flexible schedule
Cons: driving long distances
I like working for Anderson for the most part. My manager is very easy to talk to and is always on top of her job. Your schedule can be very flexible,
Good company to work for, a growing company.
District Sales Manager (Current Employee), Plano, TXSeptember 12, 2014
I enjoy my co workers and my employees are a great team. I have a great management team and the company is expanding and changing. The Hardest part of the job is the work/home balance for the District Managers.
Freight Logistics Specialist
Freight Logistics Specialist (Current Employee), Amarillo, TXSeptember 9, 2014
Anderson Merchandisers - Amarillo, TX
Maintained detailed administrative and procedural processes to improve accuracy and efficiency. Created and
Maintained spreadsheets using advanced Excel functions and calculations to develop reports and lists. Drafted several
reports each year to present accomplishments and progress to management. Resolved problems – more... for customers,
warehouses and carriers. Manually created shipments, assigned carriers and dispatched shipments. Communicated all
emergencies, delays due to weather and carrier schedule changes to customers and supervisors. – less
slower mentality in general
entry level (Former Employee), Auburn, GASeptember 8, 2014
Pros: some of the temp workers are good people
Cons: just to match typical $10 warehouse pay, you must work sat. and ot and pray for a safety bonus.
Should have considered a fast food job over this one. This is a step down from fast food. Never had a supervisor or manager ever greet me or even say hello. Never got an orientation. Training was handled my non-mgr peers who didnt care for my presence. My direct mgr in Overstock, I believe, was mute, and most of others could not communicate in English – more... very well. Demoralizing just to walk in every morning and walk among non-talking robots who weren't even hard workers....work was fairly light. The typical worker seems to think and work at a slower pace. My first day there, all I heard was complaining. Advice is to pass on this company. – less
n/a
Warehouse Clerk (Former Employee), Denton, TXSeptember 1, 2014
• Monitor and record the number of children participating in the program
• Develop and implement a program for young children
• Supervise and develop daycare staff
• Supervise children in daycare
• Build children’s esteem
• Establish routines and provide positive guidance
• Provide a safe and secure environment for children to feel comfortable
• Clearly – more... and effectively communicate in a manner that children understand – less
Productive and fun
Loss Prevetion (Current Employee), Amarillo, TXAugust 29, 2014
Pros: we bring our lunch and sometime they make us cookouts
Cons: 30 min.
A typical day at work to do your best and enjoy your work.
I learn a lot how the company run's
under new management.
I enjoy working with my co-works.
The hardest part of the job is don't want to make mistakes
My most enjoyable part of the job working as a team.
District Sales Manager
District Manager (Former Employee), Amarillo TXAugust 26, 2014
Pros: loved the people that i worked with
Cons: there would be times that communication from upper mgmt was not very clear
Achieved status as the top District Manager in the Region. Served in administrative support roles for corporate clients in diverse industries, Apple, Walmart, Hasboro, TMobile, Warner Brothers, Disney, Fox, MGM, Music Labels and Book Publishers. Managed a 53 Store District with a Sales Force of 20 Reps, database administration, spreadsheet creation, – more... meeting scheduling and expense/PO tracking.
Key Accomplishments:
• Ensure effective signing and account aesthetics are maintained in all district stores.
• Perform inventory management through the use of various reports and tools.
• Control expenses and maximize company profit.
• Monitor databases, projects and inventories in order to provide sales priorities and direction for sales representatives.
• Collaborate with client's management to sell future programs and promotions.
• Establish and maintain a positive working relationship with all Anderson Merchandisers associates, client's associates, and outside contacts.
• Monitor and respond to all communication from clients, associates, management, or the company on a timely manner.
• Recruit, interview and hire Sales Representative Trainees.
• Perform coaching and development of sales representatives
• Maintain accuracy on all work activities.

COMPETENCIES:

• Problem solving
• Interpersonal skills
• Oral Communication.
• Written
• Adaptability. – less
Trainer in Springfield Mo horrible individual
Sales Merchandiser (Former Employee), Springfield, MOAugust 23, 2014
Pros: lots of ours
Cons: disorganized, blamed others
The local employee that trained me was very rude, dressed horribly, looked like she just crawled out of bed and was hateful. She had no teaching skills and I personally believe she had a problem with alcohol and disliked men. Dana Chadwick was her name. If you see her, run.
Unrealistic daily tasks
Territory Sales Lead (Current Employee), Dallas TexasAugust 17, 2014
Cons: daily abuse and harrasement
Anderson merchandisers does not value thier work staff. Management and HR abuse there authority by belittling and berating you if cant finish the daily tasks that are not physically possible within 8 hours. Many reps work off the clock to get tasks done, and if you dont your fired. The time system they use also will not show acurate time worked either – more... way they try to get , steal free labor. As for benefits there are none. From health care to time off which they never grant and if you dont use the time you lose it and they will not pay for that time either – less
Very nice place to work! Lots of encouragement and promotional incentives.
Team Leader (Former Employee), Amarillo, TXAugust 14, 2014
Pros: lots of encouragement and room for promotion!
Cons: needs much more inter-departmental communication.
I began as a Technical Support Rep. and within 2 months, I was promoted to Team Lead with a nice raise. Plenty of latitude to implement new ideas. Weekly management meetings with employees, management and liaisons in order to discuss new ideas and current bugs and/or technology!
This company really listens to their customers and employees!
However, – more... this was not the case with some of the other departments and their management. Much more communication within departments could be used! – less
Poor leadership and they lied about starting wage
Grunt (Former Employee), Durham, NCAugust 12, 2014
Cons: see above/below
I worked for them for one day.... why so short? Let me tell you how that day went:

I was to meet my trainer there at 9am. I got there at 8:50 and waited... and waited... and waited. At 9:15 I texted her to let her know exactly where I was waiting, just in case we were missing each other. No response. At 9:20 I text the guy who hired me to find out – more... if something had happened to my trainer (illness, accident,etc.) No response. She finally shows up at 9:25, saying she was on her phone for a conference call.

We sit down and she starts talking about the job.... the 12-15 hours per week will be divided greatly between days, because, according to her, part-timers aren't allowed to work more than 3 hours a day. REALLY? So you want me to drive 20 minutes to work 3 hours and drive home? Uhhhh... no.

Finally, at 9:45 she says, "Well, let's get you punched in." WHAT?! I've been there, on-time, for 45 minutes and I'm just getting punched in?

She goes over some paperwork with me and I see that my pay is 25-cents less per hour than what I was quoted when I was hired. Nope... this is what I'm getting and I was reminded that it's more than a lot of other places would start me at.

I worked the next 3 hours with her doing a very poor job of explaining what she was doing... just doing it and expecting me to see how she was organizing things.

She's also telling me about the different stores I'll be working at... Uhhhh... no, I was hired for one store. Then she began giving me dates for when I'd be doing the overnight resets... at 5 different stores. Nope... didn't hear anything about that during the interview process.

When I got home, I e-mailed them and said I was done. Haven't looked back since.... – less
Easy job terrible money
Quality Assurance (Former Employee), Denton, TXAugust 10, 2014
Easy job but terrible pay and not much room for improvement.

1 2 3 4 5