Anderson Merchandisers

Anderson Merchandisers Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
worked with music and books
order puller/stocker (Former Employee), Denton txJanuary 23, 2015
Pros: good benefits and got free books.
Cons: too far to drive, and some of the higher ups showed partiality, . it was a know fact which i ignored and did my job. my job
Loved that job and would have stayed only moved to East Tx. The work was interesting and learned alot about our biggest customer Walmart. Books had to tagged a certain way and music the same. Worked in shipping when needed and even went to warehouse in Atlanta to work. A great place and miss it everyday.
Productive work for the week
Sales/Merchandiser (Current Employee), Stockton, CAJanuary 23, 2015
Pros: flexible hours, lunch brakes
Cons: health care, limited hours during week, hours changing during the week
Check surveys that are listed answer before due date

Stock product:books,music,movies,new release pallets on the floor

The hardest part is doing all these things if there is alot of surveys,books,music during the week

Its enjoyable helping customers find a certain product and getting everything complete for the week
Helping People
Customer Services Representative (Former Employee), Amarillo, TXJanuary 22, 2015
I enjoy helping people with their needs and problems.
I enjoy reading and working on mind building games.
I normally remember anything I read and see.
I loved to work for Anderson Merchandisers
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Amarillo, TXJanuary 20, 2015
Pros: nice people, fun job
Stocking shelves, taking pictures and surveys for different customers, working together with store managers and employees.
Inventories, price checks, setting planogram and a lot more.
I had fun with my co-workers and customers as well as store personal.
Poor place to work.
Merchandiser (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZ.January 14, 2015
Cons: compensation
To many projects to complete and not enough time.
Compensation is terrible. Be better off searching for another part time job.
Looking for managerial and or district manager position in sales and merchandising
Retail Media Supervisor (Current Employee), Philadelphia west suburb territoryJanuary 13, 2015
Typical day begins with planning out my day and meeting with clients to discuss my merchandising plans for the day.

Projects in various departments of retail stores are carried and out excellent customer service is provided while on the sales floor.
Part Time Retail Sales Merchandiser
Retail Sales Merchandiser (Former Employee), MIJanuary 9, 2015
Pros: flexible schedule, a variety of projects, and some dvd freebies.
Cons: lack of communication, low mileage pay, and bad walmart management.
Merchandised books, Cd's, signing, and more. Audited mobile phones and paint dept. on a weekly basis with company issued device (iPhone5). Worked part time (20-30 hours a week) exclusively at two different area Walmart stores. Independent work but not much communication outside of daily voice mails. The job was ok overall.
a great company to work for
Territory Sales Lead (Current Employee), Albany, GAJanuary 3, 2015
Pros: flexable hours
Cons: its not a 24hour company
The majority of responsibility for the Territory Sales Lead is the supervision and development of the assigned associates to drive sales and meet retailer and client expectations utilizing 5 Key Steps. This responsibility is demonstrated by effectively selling and educatingcustomers and store personnel about product lines and other project (s) deemednecessary. We achieve optimal results by implementing the Anderson Approach, which consist of Collaboration, Presell and Awareness, Implementation, Reporting and Post Reporting.
Too much work not enough pay
Merchandiser (Current Employee), Fairfield, CADecember 19, 2014
Way too much work and the pay doesnt match. Nothing learned here will help in a long run. Just a flexible job while going to school.
Anderson Merchandisers
Retail Merchandiser (Current Employee), Amarillo, TXDecember 15, 2014
Pros: it's never the same thing twice
Cons: none that i know of
I enjoy working for Anderson. The fast pace and constant challenges really makes one have to think on their feet and find ways to map their day to get the jobs done.
Enjoyable to work with the public helping them find a book, video or music
Sales Merchandiser (Current Employee), Leesville, LADecember 6, 2014
Pros: we received promo t-shirts, video's etc
Cons: no cons
I stocked the books, video's and music as a merchandiser for Anderson in Walmart, also hung up signing and made displays with the merchandise and verified all merchandise was out for sale and answered surverys in reference to each project. Our company also was responsible for numerous projects in Walmart. I thoroughly enjoy talking with the public trying to help them find a book, music or video and they would just come by to chat with me and tell me how they enjoyed it, I also enjoyed with beside the Walmart associates, we had a good relationship, I also had to interact with the department, zone and store manager.
Excellent job
Territory Sales Lead (Current Employee), seymour, inDecember 4, 2014
I thoroughly enjoy working for Anderson. My manager is an amazing person and going to work every day is an amazing experience. I am hoping to progress to more of a management position.
you learn alot working for this company
Territory Sales Lead (Current Employee), Atlanta, GaNovember 30, 2014
Ok company to work for, but more concerned with quantity not quality
Ok job, nothing special
Stocker (Current Employee), GeorgiaNovember 25, 2014
Pros: working alone
Cons: working with walmart
You work at Walmart stocking books and cds and taking surverys. I hate working with Walmarts employees because they are overworked and have little time to help you out. They will ignore you and treat you like you are in their way. You have to set up displays and Walmart will not tell you where they want it or help you find a space to place. Communication with Walmart is about 75% of the job, but its hard to do when they keep saying they'll get back with you but never do.
The best part of the job is you work alone. So you get to come and go as you please. You don't have anyone standing over you. The worst part of the job is that you work alone lol. You are responsible for so much and given such a little time to complete what is asked of you. You receive so many books but there is only so much space. The job is overall frustrating.
horrible place to work.
WAREHOUSE associate (Former Employee), Franklin, IndianaNovember 23, 2014
The facility in Franklin, IN is the worst place you could work. Management is non existing, if you are male you will be doing all the physical labor and you get a $1 increase over a 2 year period and the that's it! STAY AWAY!!!!
Not worth the effort.
Media Merchandiser (Former Employee), Roseville, MINovember 18, 2014
Pros: extremely easy, never see your actual bosses.
Cons: very limited hours, no insurance for part time, bad management.
Scheduling was never right, communication with the higher ups was ridiculous so employees looked stupid because we never knew what was going on. They gave you extremely limited time to complete a large number of projects, I was given maybe 10 hours a week (after being promised 4 days a week) to complete almost a week worth of tasks and then held accountable for things that happened on days I wasn't there. It was the worst run company I have ever worked for, I would not recommend this for anyone I know.
company seems desperate for business
TSL (Current Employee), Atlanta, GANovember 7, 2014
Pros: working independently
Cons: working on thanksgiving day. heavy weekly work load
Company changed from book, music and video merchandising as their only revenue in 2008 to "client services" fee based work. Basically, they will take almost any outside job to collect a fee. Reps have 30-40 "activities" to complete each week and the company wants in done in under 40 hours. Reps are stressed to the max, and if these companies that are paying for service knew how very little time the reps are actually focusing on their product, they would probably pull their contract. The expectations on the sales field are totally unrealistic. They are constantly hiring PT associates because the demands they put on these people are ridiculous. District Managers are micro managers on scheduling and time. Regional Manager only focus on making themselves look good to the home office at the expense of everybody else's sanity. What use to be a fun company to work for lost that appeal years ago. Currently looking for a new JOB!!
Good company
Merchandising and distribution company (Former Employee), San Jose, CANovember 3, 2014
The company was good. The pay wasn't so great. Management was well trained, seasoned. There is no way to grow within the company.
Loved this job!
Retail Merchandising Supervisor (Former Employee), Amarillo, TXNovember 1, 2014
Pros: free movies and t-shirts, having the trust of the company to work by myself and get the job done
Cons: short hours, no benefits(health)
I was a retail merchandiser, stocking media at Wal-Mart and Best Buy. I loved this job, dealing with moviesand music, sometimes getting free movies and t-shirts.
productive
Accounts Payable Specialist (Former Employee), Amarillo, TXOctober 27, 2014
Pros: holidays, getting free movies
Cons: enviroment
keying and researching music charges.
I learned how to use 2 different software programs.
Holidays were the best part

1 2 3 4 5