Anderson Merchandisers

Anderson Merchandisers Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Overall great plave to work
Sales representative (Current Employee), Louisville KYSeptember 17, 2014
Pros: flexible schedule
Cons: driving long distances
I like working for Anderson for the most part. My manager is very easy to talk to and is always on top of her job. Your schedule can be very flexible,
Good company to work for, a growing company.
District Sales Manager (Current Employee), Plano, TXSeptember 12, 2014
I enjoy my co workers and my employees are a great team. I have a great management team and the company is expanding and changing. The Hardest part of the job is the work/home balance for the District Managers.
Freight Logistics Specialist
Freight Logistics Specialist (Current Employee), Amarillo, TXSeptember 9, 2014
Anderson Merchandisers - Amarillo, TX
Maintained detailed administrative and procedural processes to improve accuracy and efficiency. Created and
Maintained spreadsheets using advanced Excel functions and calculations to develop reports and lists. Drafted several
reports each year to present accomplishments and progress to management. Resolved problems – more... for customers,
warehouses and carriers. Manually created shipments, assigned carriers and dispatched shipments. Communicated all
emergencies, delays due to weather and carrier schedule changes to customers and supervisors. – less
slower mentality in general
entry level (Former Employee), Auburn, GASeptember 8, 2014
Pros: some of the temp workers are good people
Cons: just to match typical $10 warehouse pay, you must work sat. and ot and pray for a safety bonus.
Should have considered a fast food job over this one. This is a step down from fast food. Never had a supervisor or manager ever greet me or even say hello. Never got an orientation. Training was handled my non-mgr peers who didnt care for my presence. My direct mgr in Overstock, I believe, was mute, and most of others could not communicate in English – more... very well. Demoralizing just to walk in every morning and walk among non-talking robots who weren't even hard workers....work was fairly light. The typical worker seems to think and work at a slower pace. My first day there, all I heard was complaining. Advice is to pass on this company. – less
n/a
Warehouse Clerk (Former Employee), Denton, TXSeptember 1, 2014
• Monitor and record the number of children participating in the program
• Develop and implement a program for young children
• Supervise and develop daycare staff
• Supervise children in daycare
• Build children’s esteem
• Establish routines and provide positive guidance
• Provide a safe and secure environment for children to feel comfortable
• Clearly – more... and effectively communicate in a manner that children understand – less
Productive and fun
Loss Prevetion (Current Employee), Amarillo, TXAugust 29, 2014
Pros: we bring our lunch and sometime they make us cookouts
Cons: 30 min.
A typical day at work to do your best and enjoy your work.
I learn a lot how the company run's
under new management.
I enjoy working with my co-works.
The hardest part of the job is don't want to make mistakes
My most enjoyable part of the job working as a team.
District Sales Manager
District Manager (Former Employee), Amarillo TXAugust 26, 2014
Pros: loved the people that i worked with
Cons: there would be times that communication from upper mgmt was not very clear
Achieved status as the top District Manager in the Region. Served in administrative support roles for corporate clients in diverse industries, Apple, Walmart, Hasboro, TMobile, Warner Brothers, Disney, Fox, MGM, Music Labels and Book Publishers. Managed a 53 Store District with a Sales Force of 20 Reps, database administration, spreadsheet creation, – more... meeting scheduling and expense/PO tracking.
Key Accomplishments:
• Ensure effective signing and account aesthetics are maintained in all district stores.
• Perform inventory management through the use of various reports and tools.
• Control expenses and maximize company profit.
• Monitor databases, projects and inventories in order to provide sales priorities and direction for sales representatives.
• Collaborate with client's management to sell future programs and promotions.
• Establish and maintain a positive working relationship with all Anderson Merchandisers associates, client's associates, and outside contacts.
• Monitor and respond to all communication from clients, associates, management, or the company on a timely manner.
• Recruit, interview and hire Sales Representative Trainees.
• Perform coaching and development of sales representatives
• Maintain accuracy on all work activities.

COMPETENCIES:

• Problem solving
• Interpersonal skills
• Oral Communication.
• Written
• Adaptability. – less
Trainer in Springfield Mo horrible individual
Sales Merchandiser (Former Employee), Springfield, MOAugust 23, 2014
Pros: lots of ours
Cons: disorganized, blamed others
The local employee that trained me was very rude, dressed horribly, looked like she just crawled out of bed and was hateful. She had no teaching skills and I personally believe she had a problem with alcohol and disliked men. Dana Chadwick was her name. If you see her, run.
Unrealistic daily tasks
Territory Sales Lead (Current Employee), Dallas TexasAugust 17, 2014
Cons: daily abuse and harrasement
Anderson merchandisers does not value thier work staff. Management and HR abuse there authority by belittling and berating you if cant finish the daily tasks that are not physically possible within 8 hours. Many reps work off the clock to get tasks done, and if you dont your fired. The time system they use also will not show acurate time worked either – more... way they try to get , steal free labor. As for benefits there are none. From health care to time off which they never grant and if you dont use the time you lose it and they will not pay for that time either – less
Very nice place to work! Lots of encouragement and promotional incentives.
Team Leader (Former Employee), Amarillo, TXAugust 14, 2014
Pros: lots of encouragement and room for promotion!
Cons: needs much more inter-departmental communication.
I began as a Technical Support Rep. and within 2 months, I was promoted to Team Lead with a nice raise. Plenty of latitude to implement new ideas. Weekly management meetings with employees, management and liaisons in order to discuss new ideas and current bugs and/or technology!
This company really listens to their customers and employees!
However, – more... this was not the case with some of the other departments and their management. Much more communication within departments could be used! – less
Poor leadership and they lied about starting wage
Grunt (Former Employee), Durham, NCAugust 12, 2014
Cons: see above/below
I worked for them for one day.... why so short? Let me tell you how that day went:

I was to meet my trainer there at 9am. I got there at 8:50 and waited... and waited... and waited. At 9:15 I texted her to let her know exactly where I was waiting, just in case we were missing each other. No response. At 9:20 I text the guy who hired me to find out – more... if something had happened to my trainer (illness, accident,etc.) No response. She finally shows up at 9:25, saying she was on her phone for a conference call.

We sit down and she starts talking about the job.... the 12-15 hours per week will be divided greatly between days, because, according to her, part-timers aren't allowed to work more than 3 hours a day. REALLY? So you want me to drive 20 minutes to work 3 hours and drive home? Uhhhh... no.

Finally, at 9:45 she says, "Well, let's get you punched in." WHAT?! I've been there, on-time, for 45 minutes and I'm just getting punched in?

She goes over some paperwork with me and I see that my pay is 25-cents less per hour than what I was quoted when I was hired. Nope... this is what I'm getting and I was reminded that it's more than a lot of other places would start me at.

I worked the next 3 hours with her doing a very poor job of explaining what she was doing... just doing it and expecting me to see how she was organizing things.

She's also telling me about the different stores I'll be working at... Uhhhh... no, I was hired for one store. Then she began giving me dates for when I'd be doing the overnight resets... at 5 different stores. Nope... didn't hear anything about that during the interview process.

When I got home, I e-mailed them and said I was done. Haven't looked back since.... – less
Easy job terrible money
Quality Assurance (Former Employee), Denton, TXAugust 10, 2014
Easy job but terrible pay and not much room for improvement.
Management expectations of job completion are not attainable
Retail Merchandiser (Former Employee), Plano, TXAugust 9, 2014
Pros: able to take as many small breaks as needed, can work independantly
Cons: way too much to accomplish for one person, if you can't complete it management encourages you to fudge it.
I thouroughly enjoyed the job of Retail Mercandiser, however, with Anderson Merchandisers you are expected to do the work of a team on your own. I am a goal oriented perfectionist and I tried my hardest to finish my duties as assigned within the time frame given and I was NEVER able to complete my work. No matter how may times I made management aware – more... of this, nothing was ever done about it. It is the first job I ever gave up on due to the above. The only upside is that if you enjoy working on your own than this is the job for you. – less
Overworked and underpaid
Retail Media Merchandiser (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCAugust 8, 2014
Super flexible work schedule you pretty much get to decide how many hours you want to work and when you want to work if your part time. You primarily work by yourself and there is very little supervision over this position. You get to decide what work your going and how long your going to take to that specific job/activity.

Cons: You will be over worked, – more... each week there are over 50 jobs, activities to do in each store so will have to bust you butt to get everything done each week. As a part timer you get no benefits, no holiday pay or holidays off, no overtime unless you work over 40 hours in a single week, and you will have to work special shifts throughout the year such as overnights, midnight releases, and yes you have to work at midnight on black friday. As part time you are responsible for the same responsibilities as the full time representative but for far less pay. – less
Fun to travel around to different companies
Media Merchandiser (Former Employee), Mission Viejo, CAAugust 7, 2014
I would travel to different Best Buys and Targets to put up signage and fill in shelves with movies, music, and media.
4 - 1/2 stars !!!! ****
Inventory Clerk (Former Employee), Denton, TXJuly 30, 2014
Pros: music, books and video distribution is a plus++
Cons: huge distribution center. wear great shoes !
Great company and wonderful people to work with everyday of the week.
another stressful job, the very reason why i will never work in sales again!
Digital Sales Training Specialist (Former Employee), TexasJuly 29, 2014
my job was to sell and maintain products for a particular high end retail store. working odd hours at times and traveling from store to store basically doing maintenance for employees that work for the store. In a nutshell, i completely hated that job!!!!!
anderson
Merchandising (Former Employee), Newark, DEJuly 7, 2014
• Assigned to stock and organize merchandise in alpha order.
• Performed duties like pricing, scanning and tagging merchandise for inventory purposes.
• Assisted as multitask assignment in recovery and returns department.
• Trained and assigned to reset planograms.
• Assisted as a translator to help customers communicate during their questions about – more... store merchandise. – less
We represent one of the best products from a fantastic company
District Manager (Current Employee), Minneapolis, MNJune 29, 2014
Anderson's was contracted by Apple to merchandise the iTunes gift cards in major accounts (Best Buy, Target and Walmart's) to name a few
Very Unorganized
Merchandiser (Former Employee), Visalia, CAJune 29, 2014
A typical day at work for anderson would start with a conference call going over the weekly plans. Clock in get a basket and start clearing the shelves of items that dont belong.Bring product from the backroom and stock on the shelves, find signing, take down old signage and put up the new. Run around and find the managers of certain departments to – more... let them know about new plans for their department and ask to sell in displays and PDQs. My manager was afraid to tell anyone anything, I would constantly bring up new ideas to benefit the company and to help the field workers but she was afraid to say anything to us merchandisers. The hardest part of the job was communication between the store managers and my manager, they were told one thing and we were told another so we were both lost and had to figure things out on our own. The best part about the job was helping the departments of walmart set up and rearrange their departments to where they functioned better. – less

1 2 3 4 5