Anderson Merchandisers

Anderson Merchandisers Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
anderson
Merchandising (Former Employee), Newark, DEJuly 7, 2014
• Assigned to stock and organize merchandise in alpha order.
• Performed duties like pricing, scanning and tagging merchandise for inventory purposes.
• Assisted as multitask assignment in recovery and returns department.
• Trained and assigned to reset planograms.
• Assisted as a translator to help customers communicate during their questions about – more... store merchandise. – less
We represent one of the best products from a fantastic company
District Manager (Current Employee), Minneapolis, MNJune 29, 2014
Anderson's was contracted by Apple to merchandise the iTunes gift cards in major accounts (Best Buy, Target and Walmart's) to name a few
Very Unorganized
Merchandiser (Former Employee), Visalia, CAJune 29, 2014
A typical day at work for anderson would start with a conference call going over the weekly plans. Clock in get a basket and start clearing the shelves of items that dont belong.Bring product from the backroom and stock on the shelves, find signing, take down old signage and put up the new. Run around and find the managers of certain departments to – more... let them know about new plans for their department and ask to sell in displays and PDQs. My manager was afraid to tell anyone anything, I would constantly bring up new ideas to benefit the company and to help the field workers but she was afraid to say anything to us merchandisers. The hardest part of the job was communication between the store managers and my manager, they were told one thing and we were told another so we were both lost and had to figure things out on our own. The best part about the job was helping the departments of walmart set up and rearrange their departments to where they functioned better. – less
liked working in movie, books, music, childern books
Sales Rep (Former Employee), Amarillo, TXJune 9, 2014
Pros: solving challenges
Cons: communication
Working with store management to make sure inventory is all out on sales floor, to except change with growing company.
Somewhat disorganized
Sales and Marketing Representative (Former Employee), North CarolinaJune 3, 2014
Pros: working with music
Cons: management
My experiences at Anderson were very trying at times. The hours were long in the 4th quarter and management never seemed to be on the same page.
There were many hours up for grabs
Forklift Operator/Warehouse (Former Employee), Auburn, GAJune 3, 2014
Pros: there were many hours available
Cons: a lot of times the many hours available cut into your lifestyle
A typical day for consisted of me going into work jumping on a forklift of many sorts and doing what needed to be done to get product to the machines. I learned how to drive an order/ cherry picker, reach truck, scissor lift, sit down, and a electric pallet jack. I too learned how to stock, ship and receive product. The hardest part of the job was when – more... we would get backed up because of a machine being down. The most enjoyable part was being able to work at a pace to actually get the job done. – less
Fast Paced working environment
Lead Warehouse (Former Employee), Denton, TXMay 25, 2014
Pros: free water.
Cons: health insurance and dental treatment
At Anderson Merchandiser's it was a typical day-to-day job. Working as a temp agency for part time. Was a fast paced environment, learning the rhythm to the work flow to keep a steady pace. The management was really stricked because we had to get the shipment loaded by the time truckers come for deliver. The hardest part of the job is your constantly – more... standing up and walking. Working in an assembly line while standing up. Can't complain or they'll let you go. "Fire you". The fun part about Anderson Mercandiser's is that you work with great people and meet new people. – less
terrible management
Retail Merchandiser (Current Employee), salt lake city, UTMay 10, 2014
lack of communication with management, the Wal-Mart Management is terrible to work with also.
Fast paced environment
Merchandiser (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZMay 9, 2014
Pros: received free movies quarterly
Cons: short breaks
I learned how to organize inventory in a new way. I completed all my tasks that needed to be done and if they were not completed I received assistance from my supervisor. The hardest part of my job was assisting unhappy customers. However, I assisted them with courteous customer service in every situation.
Great place to grow
Retail media specialist (Current Employee), Amarillo, TXApril 30, 2014
This job allowed me to grow. I had a lot of challenges that made me stronger in the work force.
Slave labor for Walmart, sold to the lowest bidder
Sales Merchandiser (Former Employee), NHApril 11, 2014
Pros: great rapport with client co-workers
Cons: not enough time to complete projects thoroughly
It was a great job at first, but then the HO got greedy and started placing impossible expectations on us. District Managers are frustrated by the lack of support when they pinpoint problems in the field and upper management shuts them out.
Terrible Management and Workload
Retail Merchandising Specialist (Former Employee), Rosedale, MD Route 40March 26, 2014
Pros: work by yourself, some travel
Cons: management, too little time/too large a workload
The job would be wonderful if the equipment needed to do your job were in working order (ie: telxon and handheld). Secondly they give you a workload that is impossible to finish within the 12-20 hours they give you to do it in, And they are sticklers about staying within your hours but they want the work complete. It will never happen! DM is not very – more... understanding. You will have short training and then left on your own with very little help and the help you do get leaves you with your head even more in a tizzy. DM not a very honest and very condescending. It would be a great job if you were able to actually do your job correctly but that will not happen, Save yourself the misery. – less
HORRIBLE!! Micro Managers, NitPicking, DO NOT APPLY
Terrtory Sales Lead (Former Employee), Garland, TXMarch 18, 2014
Pros: work by your self, which is a con as well
Cons: everything, from pay, workload, managements skills, training, growth oppritunitys
I worked for this Company A Short Time, I Quit!!, Your required to Do all sorts of hard back breaking Labor, Stocks Endless Pallets Of Books, Music, Displays, Take 30-40 Surveys Weekley Which Requires Un Endless Walking, Pack Out ALL Clip Strips which Walmart employees SHOULD be doing, On Top Of All this What ever new work they get from other big Companys – more... They just pile it on top of what you got already, which is enough for 3-4 ppl in any given week but could care less!!!!! They Constantly Keep tabs On you with this phone they give you, take pictures on top of pictures, District managers nit pick, talk down to you, require you to be on a conference call every week, on top of never ending emails, voicemails, tex messeges, there So Called New Phone App DOES NOT WORK, its sticks, Doesnt Record Your Payroll Time Properly. People Get hired, and dont last 2 weeks at this place IT IS WITH OUT A DOUGHT THE WORST COMPANY IVE WORKED FOR.

They have this That-A-Boy Concept just to make it sound like Your actually making a difference, they bad mouth Every other merchandise companie DAILY but arent any different, Very shady in my opinnon.

OMG! Training Dont get me started on That* There so called district trainer, lacks the amibition and energy , every other response to questions is I Dont Know, Um No Follow up, Nothing, WAT!??

They Claim To Be the Problem Solvers of the marketing Companies but every thing they cant solve every issue they dont want to admidt or mistake is YOUR FAULT, Not theres! IF you hate working for walmart well dont work here there pretty much glorified walmart employees, they will without caring go behind an associates back and snitch to management they call that doing your job, so your stuck in a store with Associates and Dpt managers that cant stand you because THEY want you to step on ppls feet.

Most Long Term Reps Look Ran down, Overworked, Overly Stressed, Rules and Agreements are constantly changing, nothing what you signed up for is what you actually get, in interview which may i add is in a fast food resturaunt in walmart which they make it sound like there the best company to work for but a complete disaster.

The Trainee you are when you first start is obselete in definition what you are is the district managers little go to, as they sit on There Behind in a office all day, and only come out when its time to impress upcoming Clients, store mgrs, and bosses, How these clients cant see through this Cheap App Loaded on a cell phone, with same old surveys day in and day out, no rep full or part time having time to even complete most, long as the survey is answered with enough time accumulated they could care less, where is the problem solvers in that. There drowning, finding any and every way to stay afloat, to me there future looks very slim at best.

If Your Famlily Likes to Spend time together on Chrismas, Thanksgiving, Might as well Give that up right now before you apply, you will work each and every day upto and including christmas eve, Black Friday is a all day 8-10 hr shift, Be Prepared to get out your bed more than a few times a year to work a midnightt release of movies, or books. Wait for the tattle telling among other employess Starts.

GOOD LUCK!!! – less
Productive and fairly simple
Retail Media Merchandiser (Former Employee), North Las Vegas, NVMarch 4, 2014
Anderson Merchandising was a contracted merchandising company, that set up displays and set plano-grams for selected promotions within a store. The projects required a lot of work but not very much time to complete many of the tasks that were to be done for the week. It was usually a 4 hour time frame to do complete tasks that could take up to 8 hours – more... to complete. The management was not very great, as the management recognized all of my little mistakes and not on what I was doing well. Everybody makes mistakes but no need to point out all negatives as that will make an employee feel less confident with their work and causes them to produce low quality work. I felt way over worked and underpaid working with this company. I did not receive much recognition for any work that I did while working with this company. – less
Great part time job
merchandiser (Current Employee), waynesvilleMarch 3, 2014
Pros: work independently, flexible hours mostly, great leadership, easy job
Cons: irregular hours, lack of advancement options, more of a 2nd job option
Stock stores with merchandise and set merchandise according to planograms
Perform audits and projects for various companies
Work with stores to insure accuracy and customer satisfaction
fun and five different work sites a week
Territory Sales Lead (Current Employee), Amarillo, TXMarch 2, 2014
Pros: trust to work alone
Cons: better pay
a typical day is full of surprise. we learn to adapt to our surroundings everyday. I see my co-workers once a year. I'm in the process of applying to management. the hardest part used to be the time to complete the projects. the freedom to work alone is also great.
a very productive and fun place to work at
Scanning and Loading trucks (Former Employee), Auburn, GAFebruary 23, 2014
Pros: great pay and great team to work with
Cons: distance was too far
team Leaders was great, the hours was great and the company was very organized.
Great early morning work
Merchandiser (Former Employee), Redding, CAFebruary 22, 2014
I gained the knowledge of navigating on the companies computer to print out shelf labels and plan-o-grams. I also learned to use a CR-7 hand held computer/digital camera and Telzon with portable printer. You have to work independently and quickly in the early morning hours from 5 AM to 9 AM. The scope of work included building displays and being able – more... to read hard to understand directions, set shelves to schematics in a fast timely manner, print shelf labels and schematics, computer time reporting, use the CR-7 hand held computer to answer questionnaires and take pictures with the built in digital camera and use it as a phone to call supervisors or listen in on conference calls. – less
Great company
PT Retail Associate (Current Employee), Houston, TXFebruary 20, 2014
Pros: not sure just yet
Cons: hours vary week to week during slow season
Great company to work at! I've learned a lot in a short time. I want to much up the corporate; however, it will take time. The hours can vary but a great position for someone in school or looking for a part-time gig.
Typical Day
Visual Merchandiser (Former Employee), Amarillo, TXFebruary 19, 2014
Pros: managed own hours
Cons: was laid off
Visual Merchandising duties during the day. Follow plan-o-grams and knowledge of visual advertising.

1 2 3 4 5