Anderson Merchandisers

Anderson Merchandisers Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Slave labor for Walmart, sold to the lowest bidder
Sales Merchandiser (Former Employee), NHApril 11, 2014
Pros: great rapport with client co-workers
Cons: not enough time to complete projects thoroughly
It was a great job at first, but then the HO got greedy and started placing impossible expectations on us. District Managers are frustrated by the lack of support when they pinpoint problems in the field and upper management shuts them out.
Terrible Management and Workload
Retail Merchandising Specialist (Former Employee), Rosedale, MD Route 40March 26, 2014
Pros: work by yourself, some travel
Cons: management, too little time/too large a workload
The job would be wonderful if the equipment needed to do your job were in working order (ie: telxon and handheld). Secondly they give you a workload that is impossible to finish within the 12-20 hours they give you to do it in, And they are sticklers about staying within your hours but they want the work complete. It will never happen! DM is not very – more... understanding. You will have short training and then left on your own with very little help and the help you do get leaves you with your head even more in a tizzy. DM not a very honest and very condescending. It would be a great job if you were able to actually do your job correctly but that will not happen, Save yourself the misery. – less
HORRIBLE!! Micro Managers, NitPicking, DO NOT APPLY
Terrtory Sales Lead (Former Employee), Garland, TXMarch 18, 2014
Pros: work by your self, which is a con as well
Cons: everything, from pay, workload, managements skills, training, growth oppritunitys
I worked for this Company A Short Time, I Quit!!, Your required to Do all sorts of hard back breaking Labor, Stocks Endless Pallets Of Books, Music, Displays, Take 30-40 Surveys Weekley Which Requires Un Endless Walking, Pack Out ALL Clip Strips which Walmart employees SHOULD be doing, On Top Of All this What ever new work they get from other big Companys – more... They just pile it on top of what you got already, which is enough for 3-4 ppl in any given week but could care less!!!!! They Constantly Keep tabs On you with this phone they give you, take pictures on top of pictures, District managers nit pick, talk down to you, require you to be on a conference call every week, on top of never ending emails, voicemails, tex messeges, there So Called New Phone App DOES NOT WORK, its sticks, Doesnt Record Your Payroll Time Properly. People Get hired, and dont last 2 weeks at this place IT IS WITH OUT A DOUGHT THE WORST COMPANY IVE WORKED FOR.

They have this That-A-Boy Concept just to make it sound like Your actually making a difference, they bad mouth Every other merchandise companie DAILY but arent any different, Very shady in my opinnon.

OMG! Training Dont get me started on That* There so called district trainer, lacks the amibition and energy , every other response to questions is I Dont Know, Um No Follow up, Nothing, WAT!??

They Claim To Be the Problem Solvers of the marketing Companies but every thing they cant solve every issue they dont want to admidt or mistake is YOUR FAULT, Not theres! IF you hate working for walmart well dont work here there pretty much glorified walmart employees, they will without caring go behind an associates back and snitch to management they call that doing your job, so your stuck in a store with Associates and Dpt managers that cant stand you because THEY want you to step on ppls feet.

Most Long Term Reps Look Ran down, Overworked, Overly Stressed, Rules and Agreements are constantly changing, nothing what you signed up for is what you actually get, in interview which may i add is in a fast food resturaunt in walmart which they make it sound like there the best company to work for but a complete disaster.

The Trainee you are when you first start is obselete in definition what you are is the district managers little go to, as they sit on There Behind in a office all day, and only come out when its time to impress upcoming Clients, store mgrs, and bosses, How these clients cant see through this Cheap App Loaded on a cell phone, with same old surveys day in and day out, no rep full or part time having time to even complete most, long as the survey is answered with enough time accumulated they could care less, where is the problem solvers in that. There drowning, finding any and every way to stay afloat, to me there future looks very slim at best.

If Your Famlily Likes to Spend time together on Chrismas, Thanksgiving, Might as well Give that up right now before you apply, you will work each and every day upto and including christmas eve, Black Friday is a all day 8-10 hr shift, Be Prepared to get out your bed more than a few times a year to work a midnightt release of movies, or books. Wait for the tattle telling among other employess Starts.

GOOD LUCK!!! – less
Productive and fairly simple
Retail Media Merchandiser (Former Employee), North Las Vegas, NVMarch 4, 2014
Anderson Merchandising was a contracted merchandising company, that set up displays and set plano-grams for selected promotions within a store. The projects required a lot of work but not very much time to complete many of the tasks that were to be done for the week. It was usually a 4 hour time frame to do complete tasks that could take up to 8 hours – more... to complete. The management was not very great, as the management recognized all of my little mistakes and not on what I was doing well. Everybody makes mistakes but no need to point out all negatives as that will make an employee feel less confident with their work and causes them to produce low quality work. I felt way over worked and underpaid working with this company. I did not receive much recognition for any work that I did while working with this company. – less
Great part time job
merchandiser (Current Employee), waynesvilleMarch 3, 2014
Pros: work independently, flexible hours mostly, great leadership, easy job
Cons: irregular hours, lack of advancement options, more of a 2nd job option
Stock stores with merchandise and set merchandise according to planograms
Perform audits and projects for various companies
Work with stores to insure accuracy and customer satisfaction
fun and five different work sites a week
Territory Sales Lead (Current Employee), Amarillo, TXMarch 2, 2014
Pros: trust to work alone
Cons: better pay
a typical day is full of surprise. we learn to adapt to our surroundings everyday. I see my co-workers once a year. I'm in the process of applying to management. the hardest part used to be the time to complete the projects. the freedom to work alone is also great.
a very productive and fun place to work at
Scanning and Loading trucks (Former Employee), Auburn, GAFebruary 23, 2014
Pros: great pay and great team to work with
Cons: distance was too far
team Leaders was great, the hours was great and the company was very organized.
Great early morning work
Merchandiser (Former Employee), Redding, CAFebruary 22, 2014
I gained the knowledge of navigating on the companies computer to print out shelf labels and plan-o-grams. I also learned to use a CR-7 hand held computer/digital camera and Telzon with portable printer. You have to work independently and quickly in the early morning hours from 5 AM to 9 AM. The scope of work included building displays and being able – more... to read hard to understand directions, set shelves to schematics in a fast timely manner, print shelf labels and schematics, computer time reporting, use the CR-7 hand held computer to answer questionnaires and take pictures with the built in digital camera and use it as a phone to call supervisors or listen in on conference calls. – less
Great company
PT Retail Associate (Current Employee), Houston, TXFebruary 20, 2014
Pros: not sure just yet
Cons: hours vary week to week during slow season
Great company to work at! I've learned a lot in a short time. I want to much up the corporate; however, it will take time. The hours can vary but a great position for someone in school or looking for a part-time gig.
Typical Day
Visual Merchandiser (Former Employee), Amarillo, TXFebruary 19, 2014
Pros: managed own hours
Cons: was laid off
Visual Merchandising duties during the day. Follow plan-o-grams and knowledge of visual advertising.
Fast paced always moving company
Field Training Specialist-OR, WA, ID & MT (Current Employee), Portland, ORFebruary 17, 2014
Every day manage for results, is one of Anderson's 10 rules. Everyday is a different, mind stimulating day full of tasks. I enjoy taking new hires and managing their training. Day one, they come in full of desire to learn, the challenge is to take the enthusiasm and help them to have that every day. Positive work environment is key to managing a team – more... and being productive and Anderson Merchandisers has many ways to help develop all the skills and opportunities in a positive way. – less
The worst DM
Regional Lead (Former Employee), North of SeattleFebruary 12, 2014
Pros: long lunches
Cons: everything. just seriously everything.
The job was fine I worked in a few stores but the people are the worst. I worked with only one non-negative lady, the rest were unnecessarily coarse and rude.
It was so bad I quit and ran because they were so negative; the training abhorrent. I kept asking for more help and they told me it was my fault I didn't understand.
There is a reason there is – more... a high turnover rate at this place. – less
Great job with new challenges everyday
Merchandising Associate (Current Employee), Rome, GAFebruary 9, 2014
Pros: get to move around a lot
Cons: not enough hours
I spend my time at work performing tasks for the retailer. This can include stocking product or doing a survey to analyze the work the retailer has done.
relaxed environment
Retail Media Merchandiser (Former Employee), Annapolis, MDJanuary 20, 2014
Pros: discounted movies
Cons: not full time
-stock inventory
-customer service skills
-organizational skills
-co workers were amazing
-hardest part of the job were the hours
-most enjoyable part was getting off early
Great working environment
Retail Merchandiser (Current Employee), Kennewick, WAJanuary 16, 2014
From the interview to job activity, I've been very pleased with the way things are done by Anderson Merchandisers. I have the tools and information easily at hand to complete my tasks, and the help desk is always quick and pleasant to work with when problems arise.
Lies, Video and More Lies!
Merchandiser (Former Employee), ChicagoJanuary 15, 2014
Pros: dressing like a penguin
Cons: everything you could imagine
The Management has no interest in its people or telling them the truth about the work schedule, extra tasks or the lack of cooperation you will receive from the customer. The tools needed to do the job are not working half the time and if you complain they tell you to go with the flow but still expect you to get the job done. As far as trust is concerned, – more... there is none. You will take pictures of everything you do then take more pictures just to be sure. Schedules change daily and they expect you to be available. Split shifts are common during the holidays so don't plan any time with your family. Raises never are discussed so don't expect one. They want you to check your messages 3 times daily along with your email and any messages sent on the cn50 that they force you to use. The help desk is useless and you'll waste valuable time in the effort. You're treated with disrespect by both Anderson as well as the customer who ignores you on a daily basis and yet demands your loyalty. If you enjoy abuse each and every day, this is the company for you! – less
The castle for princesses
Sales Associate (Former Employee), New York, NYJanuary 14, 2014
Cons: short breaks
I loved working there because I like working with children. I mostly restocked the floor and the backrooms. This job taught me how to maintain an neat area in a fast pace . Also it was a very busy store. It the only American Girl Place in New York. My manger was good she was also helpful when I first started. The co workers were cool we all worked as – more... a team. I needed some help with lifting heavy boxes filled with dolls but my co worker helped me that was kind of the hardest part was restocking. I enjoyed seeing the little girls happy when they receive they look alike American Doll. – less
Great company to work for
Merchandiser (Former Employee), Douglasville, GAJanuary 7, 2014
I completely enjoyed my time at Anderson Merchandisers. The hours are pretty good. And, if you work there long enough, you get a huge box of new DVDs for Christmas.
Lots of variety in a work day
Territory Sales Rep (Current Employee), Alamosa, COJanuary 6, 2014
The company is changing and is now offering a much more varied day which I like. Keeps it interesting.
I loved this job
Retail Media Merchandiser (Current Employee), McAllen, TXDecember 29, 2013
Pros: great environment
Cons: inconsistent hours
I had a great time working here. This job had me working at best buys in mcallen, but i also ended up having to travel to laredo and corpus christi to help out projects there. I was given alot of responsibilities even though i was just a part timer. The drawbacks to this job were the inconsistent hours.

1 2 3 4 5