Senior real estate solicitor seeking an experienced residential conveyancer to join longstanding south side firm. A minimum of 3 to 5 years of conveyancing experience is required.
The successful applicant will work closely with a senior practitioner. Other senior lawyers and senior conveyancers work within the firm, which allows for practice coverage during planned vacations. Busy but reasonable work load.
The firm has a significant client base and a strong referral network from local realtors and brokers. General office hours are 8:30-4:30. Overtime available and required at times. Salary commensurate with experience and hours of work.
Duties will include:
- Responding to clients, realtors and lenders needs
- Arranging appointments between solicitor and clients
- Performing usual searches
- Preparing all vendor and purchaser documents, including land transfers, mortgage and/or refinancing documents, statements of adjustments, trust letters & statements of account
- Requesting mortgage proceeds, payouts, handling funds
- Ordering title insurance, real property reports and compliance
- Reporting to clients and lenders
Attention to detail and a high level of organization is critical to success in the position. Must have a positive attitude and be a team player.
If you are interested in working with us, please email your resume.
All applicants are thanked in advance for their interest. However, only those deemed qualified for the position will be called for an interview.