Andersen Windows Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Great place to build a career!
Labourer (Former Employee), StrathroyAugust 15, 2015
Pros: Special events (Marathons, Bike rides, bbq fundraisers, etc), benefits, fair pay, long hours
Cons: Not many days off, work temperatures
Working at Andersen Windows and Doors I learned many different aspects of what it's like to work in a real factory setting alongside with about 300 other coworkers. I'd say I picked up a lot of skills in the short time I was there and I learned a lot about who I was as a worker in the process. A typical day at work would be about a 8-10 hour shift depending on what part of the factory you work in and how busy the demand is for windows, It was often a busy environment to surround yourself in. A very well organized facility it showed me the truly cared about the safety and well-being of their workers, you will feel like apart of a bigger family if you work for Andersen. All the workers who I worked alongside were very friendly and polite and hardworking when it mattered most. The hardest part of the job was the working temperature in the factory on an average summer day it would creep up to around 40 c and would stay there almost all day. A great perk of the job if it gets hot enough is Andersen would let its workers go on a 15 or 20 minute break if it got too hot. The most enjoyable part of the job by far was really just who I worked with and the part of the factory I was in. The work wasn't overbearing or complicated, it's just getting used to working in a factory that takes some getting used to. Overall I would say I enjoyed working at Andersen and they are a fantastic employer to work for.