AMJ Campbell Employee Reviews

Mover
Laborer/Mover (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB21 February 2018
Move furniture and equipment in a corporate setting. Involves a lot of heavy lifting and good attitude. Always have to be nice to the customer which is important.
Good company to get expiernce and advancement.
Warehouse Associate/household mover (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON19 January 2018
I've learned so much about the shipping and receiving industry thanks to AMJ Campbell. Management is always there to help you out. I enjoy getting stronger while working in a fun fast paced environment, and getting paid while u do it isn't so bad either. Hardest part of job is moving pianos. Most enjoyable part is meeting new people everyday, and no day is ever the same. Typical work day involves the complete relocation of all household items including assembly and disassembly staging furniture. Assisting customer with anything they need that day. We do it all.
Pros
Tips, free lunches.
Very un orgainezd company
Driver (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON11 December 2017
Management is very backwards and unprofessional there is no over time even after 60 hours worked. Equipment is very outdated and dangours to use at times.trucks are not taken care of at all.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Long hours no home life underpaid. No overtime
good company and good staff.
Mover (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON30 October 2017
very professional crew and good working hours. wouldn't recommend for someone wanting to make a ton of money but overall decent place to work. .......
Was good to work for
Mover/Packer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON25 October 2017
Was enjoyable to work for but the work took its physical toll and they do not have a good regard for safety. Hours too sporadic even while working full time and the schedule is too all over the place to plan a life.
Pros
Good work culture
Cons
Not enough hours and hours ever changing
Fun place to work for
Receptionist/Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON20 October 2017
great culture

Great manager level

Great support

great pay

great xmas partys

I like the support I received from my boss and office co workers.

Great lunches where provided for us and BBQ at Summer

plus a gym also !
Pros
good pay
Cons
older office building
Fast paced
Labourer (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON30 September 2017
We moved internationally. We would safely wrap your belongings move them into the truck.
Would sometimes work in the warehouse. Moved shipments where they needed to be.
Pros
New thing
Cons
Tough on the body
Hard work but well rewarded.
Mover (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON28 July 2017
The pay is very good and generally customers are very giving with food and cash tips. You will be working more than 8 hours a day most of the time and will often be put into situations that don't feel professional.
Pros
Free Lunches, Tips
Cons
Long Hours
Productive, fun, enjoyable work place
Head Packer and Mover (Former Employee) –  Pembroke, ON14 June 2017
Truly wish i could go back to AMJ Campbell in Pembroke ON as it was an amazing team oriented environment to work within, the people were amazing and advancement was also amazing. I loved my job and wouldnt have traded it for the world. I hope to go back to an AMJ location here in the NB area once a vehicle is obtained.
Pros
Fun, enjoyable, fast paced, team oriented, busy, long hours, overtime
Cons
No cons in my opinion. Overall amazing place to work
Very Stressful with no support from Management
Rather not say (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON26 May 2017
This place is alright to work for, however there is really no room for career growth. Empty promises are made and nothing comes of it. The staff are nice and helpful as much as possible, the management on the other hand are not so much. They expect you to work overtime when necessary with no competition for your time or effort. To them we were all "replaceable" and they don't value the hard working employees. Be aware!! Not a place you can grow roots
Pros
Nice friendly staff.
a typical day at work
Warehouse Manager (Current Employee) –  Delta, BC18 April 2017
AMJ is a good place to work for if you enjoy some long hours , various job deadlines and short on labour to assist at times
always a flood of amount of work
Pros
lots of work
Hard Work with fun team
Time management (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, ON15 February 2017
good environment and very good team, decent pay, lots of work in spring and summer. people are generally cooperative and helpful if you're a new employee.
The Staff here made the opportunity more enjoyable.
Laborer - Furniture Moving (Former Employee) –  North Bay, ON14 February 2017
AMJ Campbell provided great work at a good wage. It allowed me to sustain myself long term and provided an excellent work environment.
Fun workplace environment
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lachine, QC13 February 2017
My time there was good. I had a lot of fun working there as the people are very friendly most of them. Had a personality conflict with my supervisor but everyone else was great. They are easy going and everyone is very helpful.
Pros
Amazing people
Cons
Seasonal
great workplace to work in.
Computer tech and Office Mover (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB1 February 2017
Great work place to work in. The people you work with make it much more enjoyable to go to work. The skills you learn are adapted easily from the help of experienced employees who have the patience to help you.
Pros
flexible hours .
Cons
no consistent work schedule.
Great plcae to work!
Professional Furniture Mover (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ON19 January 2017
Good work out. Rewarding. Long days. Road trips. Ability to travel and see different cities accross Canada. One of the cleanest moving companies around. Good quality. Good people.
inconsistant and unreliable
General Labourer (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON23 December 2016
numerous times I have gotten in trouble for not coming in when I never received a call to come in. I have had to go to the office to right there WRONGS. which in all honestly I don't mind too much. what I mind is that I have bills and a kid to pay for and I don't have money to waste coming down to Mississauga from brampton to straighten them up. I haven't had work in over two months for this reason
really good place to work
mover (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON20 October 2016
AMJ is a moving company so a typical day at work would be helping someone move all their belongings to their new home. The hours were long and great, lots of heavy lifting and some long days but the pay was great and sometimes you would even get tips. i worked with a friend and his co worker and they were great, easy to get along with and i enjoyed my time working there. The hardest part of the job was making sure you were careful so that you didn't damage any property, some of the furniture can be extremely heavy. The most enjoyable part of the job would probably be pay day because its the most rewarding.
Labourer and Mover (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON18 October 2016
Fun team of caring employees who work together to help get the job done. Good work hours, lots of available overtime opportunity and an overall great environment to work in.
Good Part Time Job
Residential/Commercial Moving (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC29 August 2016
Typical day at work you arrive at your location the supervisor tells everyone whats going on and we all get to work. Co-workers are good people. It's a moving job so expect a lot of heavy lifting for long periods of time. The only downside to this job really is there isn't always work so you remain on call till there is work.
Pros
Good people
Cons
Not enough work