AMJ Campbell Employee Reviews in Canada

Productive and fun workplace
Mover (Current Employee) –  Kitchener-Waterloo, ONApril 5, 2016
Really physically demanding, I learned to work i a fast pace environment with extended hours. I enjoyed the management the drivers and workers. They are really hard working an fun to talk to.
Terrible
Executive Secretary (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONMarch 17, 2016
Unfortunately it was one of the worst work environments I have had to work in. The majority of the people their were in my opinion rather bias and perhaps even racist and very difficult to work with.
Pros
Good hours
Cons
I was poorly trained, left to cover another employees duties without proper preparation
Physical demanding, customer oreinted, long hours, good pay
House-Hold Mover (Former Employee) –  Markham, ONOctober 20, 2015
When working for a driver who is employed by AMJ Campbell, the benefits are great. You get to work in a team, that should put a smile on your face, and, its like going to the gym, you work-out all day. Also learning new things just by having simple conversation with the customer.
great pay
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ONJuly 18, 2015
● Unloaded, picked, staged and loaded products for shipping.
● Installed protective bracing, padding and strapping to prevent shifting and damage to items during transport.
● Resolved service issues in a timely manner, including coordinating and processing returns.
● Oversaw warehousing and storage practices and housekeeping.
Pros
free lunches from the truck drivers
Cons
Great working environment, possibility to make good money
Mover/Driver (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABMay 1, 2015
- Enter a commercial building with a crew and a supervisor, load contents of office floor(s) into 5 ton truck(s), drive to destination, unload contents of truck(s) and place contents.
- Effective and efficient ways to move heavy and awkward pieces of furniture and appliances, best way to load furniture/boxes of different sizes and shapes into the box of a 5 ton truck.
- Co-workers friendly and co-operative, community is great, bosses are friendly.
- Hardest part: Long hours, days that are physically demanding (office buildings with no elevators; contents must be stair carried).
- Most enjoyable part: Good paycheques, working with good guys.
Pros
Good hours, potential for overtime
Cons
Unpredictable work schedule, some days physically taxing
Productive Work place
Office Mover (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONSeptember 3, 2014
Good Co-workers
Great customer service
reasonable hours
hardest part of the job is some of the heavy lifting
the easiest part is learning how to move things differently
Can this place get any worse?
Mover (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, OntarioAugust 20, 2014
This company has to be by far one of the worst to work for. Not only is it an office loaded with staff who don't communicate with anyone else but they work their field crews to the bone and toss them away to be replaced by an agency worker the day after. They take everything personally, so if they don't like you then you get to sit at home for days on end and when you try to communicate your frustrations to them, they simply brush off your concerns and dish out some story of how when they were in the field that they did what had to be done no matter what. Their staff are NOT trained to be performing proper and safe work and they absolutely try their best to operate under the radar when it comes to legality. Their payroll consistently shaves hours off of your pay and for the ones who don't catch it, essentially give the ones in suits a little bonus. I'm honestly surprised that these guys are still in business.
Pros
get to see newplaces
Cons
everything else about being a mover
Not much incentives
Controller (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONAugust 10, 2014
Good place to work but compensation and benefits not very good.
Pros
good work life balance
Cons
salary and benefits not attractive
fun
Installer/Driver/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  calgaryJune 5, 2014
its a great place to work. load trucks, move stuff. build office furniture. drive trucks. freedom.
Fun Workplace
mover (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, NSMay 6, 2014
A typical day at work consists of a lot of heavy lifitng, unloading trucks and crates, moving things into buildings, and re loading the trucks in an organized fashion. The co workers were good, friendly people. The hardest part of the job was dealing with some of the employees and the easiest part was getting a good work out while you earned money.
Pros
good exercise
Cons
dealing with a lot of unfriendly people
Productive and informational job experience
Floor Worker (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONMarch 3, 2014
Work in the mornings were busy. A majority of the time i would be unloading and loading trucks with merchandise. The managment and my co-workers were all great people who taught me thoroughly, they were the most enjoyable part of the work. The only difficult part of the work was lifting heavy merchandise.
Busy, fast paced job but unorganized
Special Products Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONOctober 24, 2013
A typical day at work can be very busy. Answering a lot of phone calls especially from drivers and potential customers. No two days are ever the same. It can go from one extreme to the other where I'm overwhelmed and swamped to asking for my next assignment. I've learned how to be patient and take one step at a time. Being very organized myself helped me to be able to prioritize my work flow and be able to complete all tasks assigned to me. My co-workers are very friendly and all were willing to help and answer any questions I had when I first started. The hardest part about this job is sometimes the amount of work that needs to be done all at once, while answering phone calls and managing all the changes that can occur on daily basis. The most enjoyable part of the job is how laid back it can be. As I mentioned, everyone is very friendly and easy to get along with, this is what I feel is the most enjoyable.
Pros
room for advancement
Cons
very unorganized
Packing and moving furniture for 10 to 15 hours a day.
Mover (Former Employee) –  Montreal, QuebecMarch 11, 2013
Wake up early and move between 8000 to 17000 pounds of furniture on a daily basis.

I learned that team work in this industry was the most important thing if you want to get the job done.

Our management team was good. they would show up with energy drinks and food on hot days.

My coworkers were outstanding and I believe they taught me a lot about moving and life.

Working in the summer heat and bitter cold was the hardest part but the team chemistry kept us going.

The best part was traveling all over the province and sometimes going to other provinces to help our customers relocate.
Pros
great team.
Cons
the weather.
unstabble, poor workplace
Mississauga,mover (Current Employee) –  mississauga, ontarioOctober 20, 2012
myself and many Many others are extremely uphappy with this company for numerous reasons, poor pay, unstabble work hours, treated poorly by management, any reason too deduct employees salaries, all in all a terrible place to work
fun
Commercial Movers (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONJune 1, 2012
very nice place to work this job will diffenatly shows you how to
work as a team.
Pros
super fun
Cons
cant sleep over
Très bonne environnement de travail
Chef d'équipe (Former Employee) –  MontréalSeptember 4, 2013
Sa ma permis de prendre de l'expérience de diriger des équipes
chauffeur classe 3 FM de bien connaître la ville de Montréal et sa grande région....
Pros
de bien connaître la ville
Cons
difficile physiquement à la longue après plusieurs années comme déménageur