AMJ Campbell Employee Reviews

Productive, fun, enjoyable work place
Head Packer and Mover (Former Employee) –  Pembroke, ON14 June 2017
Truly wish i could go back to AMJ Campbell in Pembroke ON as it was an amazing team oriented environment to work within, the people were amazing and advancement was also amazing. I loved my job and wouldnt have traded it for the world. I hope to go back to an AMJ location here in the NB area once a vehicle is obtained.
Pros
Fun, enjoyable, fast paced, team oriented, busy, long hours, overtime
Cons
No cons in my opinion. Overall amazing place to work
Very Stressful with no support from Management
Rather not say (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON26 May 2017
This place is alright to work for, however there is really no room for career growth. Empty promises are made and nothing comes of it. The staff are nice and helpful as much as possible, the management on the other hand are not so much. They expect you to work overtime when necessary with no competition for your time or effort. To them we were all "replaceable" and they don't value the hard working employees. Be aware!! Not a place you can grow roots
Pros
Nice friendly staff.
a typical day at work
Warehouse Manager (Current Employee) –  Delta, BC18 April 2017
AMJ is a good place to work for if you enjoy some long hours , various job deadlines and short on labour to assist at times
always a flood of amount of work
Pros
lots of work
Hard Work with fun team
Time management (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, ON15 February 2017
good environment and very good team, decent pay, lots of work in spring and summer. people are generally cooperative and helpful if you're a new employee.
The Staff here made the opportunity more enjoyable.
Laborer - Furniture Moving (Former Employee) –  North Bay, ON14 February 2017
AMJ Campbell provided great work at a good wage. It allowed me to sustain myself long term and provided an excellent work environment.
Fun workplace environment
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lachine, QC13 February 2017
My time there was good. I had a lot of fun working there as the people are very friendly most of them. Had a personality conflict with my supervisor but everyone else was great. They are easy going and everyone is very helpful.
Pros
Amazing people
Cons
Seasonal
great workplace to work in.
Computer tech and Office Mover (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB1 February 2017
Great work place to work in. The people you work with make it much more enjoyable to go to work. The skills you learn are adapted easily from the help of experienced employees who have the patience to help you.
Pros
flexible hours .
Cons
no consistent work schedule.
Great plcae to work!
Professional Furniture Mover (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ON19 January 2017
Good work out. Rewarding. Long days. Road trips. Ability to travel and see different cities accross Canada. One of the cleanest moving companies around. Good quality. Good people.
inconsistant and unreliable
General Labourer (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON23 December 2016
numerous times I have gotten in trouble for not coming in when I never received a call to come in. I have had to go to the office to right there WRONGS. which in all honestly I don't mind too much. what I mind is that I have bills and a kid to pay for and I don't have money to waste coming down to Mississauga from brampton to straighten them up. I haven't had work in over two months for this reason
really good place to work
mover (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON20 October 2016
AMJ is a moving company so a typical day at work would be helping someone move all their belongings to their new home. The hours were long and great, lots of heavy lifting and some long days but the pay was great and sometimes you would even get tips. i worked with a friend and his co worker and they were great, easy to get along with and i enjoyed my time working there. The hardest part of the job was making sure you were careful so that you didn't damage any property, some of the furniture can be extremely heavy. The most enjoyable part of the job would probably be pay day because its the most rewarding.
Labourer and Mover (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON18 October 2016
Fun team of caring employees who work together to help get the job done. Good work hours, lots of available overtime opportunity and an overall great environment to work in.
Good Part Time Job
Residential/Commercial Moving (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC29 August 2016
Typical day at work you arrive at your location the supervisor tells everyone whats going on and we all get to work. Co-workers are good people. It's a moving job so expect a lot of heavy lifting for long periods of time. The only downside to this job really is there isn't always work so you remain on call till there is work.
Pros
Good people
Cons
Not enough work
i cant for fear of job loss
Installer/Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON13 August 2016
im writing some thing here because it is required husband and wife control the employees so you cant relax without fea r of losing hours .
Moving
Mover/D (Current Employee) –  Missi, CE9 August 2016
Long days, fluctuating schedule, keeps you in shape, you will meet life long friends, every day is something new, never know what to expect
Decent work environment
Mover (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON7 August 2016
It is a good job with a lot of hours however some of the shifts run very late which was the only thing i really disliked. Otherwise I would have to say i enjoyed this job.
Pros
Long breaks
Cons
poor hours
fun place to work
CUSTOMER SERVICE REP (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON11 June 2016
Very fun place to work at. learned alot about the home delivery aspect of the transport industry plus many other valuable lessons. liked the independent work environment...but the 7 day work week was very difficult to manage and balance work/life.
Pros
independent
Cons
7 day week
Great place
Labourer (Former Employee) –  North Bay, ON8 May 2016
Awesome place to work, friendly environment and hardwork. The job was the same but always different. You get to see so many nice houses and nice furniture. Managers are always very nice. I learned to move furniture properly, wrap & Pack furniture into a truck and i also learned to pack customers things into boxes and into the truck. I liked working here because it gave me some extra physical activity, and I got to work outside everyday.
Pros
Great pay, fun place to work
Cons
Heavy lifting
Seasonal.
Mover/Driver (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON14 April 2016
AMJ Campbell Van Lines is a good company to work for, they pay decent wages. everybody is background checked for customer protection and comfort. the hours vary day by day as every move is different. cash jobs can be picked up on the side from long haul drivers from around the country. winters are very slow so saving your money is a big deal.
Pros
big paycheques
Cons
long hours in summer, no hours in winter.
Every new day was a challange
Computer Tech (Former Employee) –  Ottawa East, ON13 April 2016
The job was different every day. Moving office furniture and equipment was the hardest.Co-workers were always fun to work with. Learned a lot about computers!
Pros
Always a different job site
Cons
Split shifts
Productive and fun workplace
Mover (Current Employee) –  Kitchener-Waterloo, ON5 April 2016
Really physically demanding, I learned to work i a fast pace environment with extended hours. I enjoyed the management the drivers and workers. They are really hard working an fun to talk to.