AMJ Campbell Van Lines Employee Reviews

i cant for fear of job loss
Installer/Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON13 August 2016
im writing some thing here because it is required husband and wife control the employees so you cant relax without fea r of losing hours .
Great place
Labourer (Former Employee) –  North Bay, ON8 May 2016
Awesome place to work, friendly environment and hardwork. The job was the same but always different. You get to see so many nice houses and nice furniture. Managers are always very nice. I learned to move furniture properly, wrap & Pack furniture into a truck and i also learned to pack customers things into boxes and into the truck. I liked working here because it gave me some extra physical activity, and I got to work outside everyday.
Pros
Great pay, fun place to work
Cons
Heavy lifting
Seasonal.
Mover/Driver (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON14 April 2016
AMJ Campbell Van Lines is a good company to work for, they pay decent wages. everybody is background checked for customer protection and comfort. the hours vary day by day as every move is different. cash jobs can be picked up on the side from long haul drivers from around the country. winters are very slow so saving your money is a big deal.
Pros
big paycheques
Cons
long hours in summer, no hours in winter.
great place to work we were a family
packing supervisor (Former Employee) –  Delta, BC9 January 2016
I loved this company, I trained packers, we all worked as a team. I was forced to quit as of a motor vehicle accident. I was in accident, the company in the middle of the night hired me a lawyer. I would have gone back to my work family but injuries took to many yrs to get well. company had to move on.
Pros
best ppl. we all new our jobs.
Great place to work!
Household Sales - Sales Support (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON19 November 2015
Enjoyable and faced paced work environment. Customer service oriented. Enjoyed working with most of my co-workers. Reputable company with ethics I approved of.
Pros
Easily accessible by bus, hours are reasonable
A great company to work for
Mover, Packer (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON13 November 2015
Delivering, packing, unpacking, loading truck, unloading trucks, inventory check, all of these were part of a typical work day. Management was good, the people i worked with were fun. The hardest part of the job was working in the heat. The most enjoyable part of the job was getting to travel to places within Ontario that i probably would of never of visited.
Pros
Good hours, fun people
Cons
Far from friends and family.
Decent place, closed down.
General Labourer (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NB9 September 2015
Furniture moving, it's labour. Pretty basic wake up early, go load your truck up in the morning at a customers house or, the warehouse. Deliver at a customers house, or at the warehouse, paid hourly, overtime paid daily if you worked more than 8 hours a day, they had a pretty decent crew to work with, everybody knew what they were doing and the company didn't take on more work than they could handle. Management was generally friendly and looking for ways to improve the way the job worked if possible by getting us equipment etc.
Pros
Tips from customers, overtime after 8 hours, friendly management, not understaffed
Cons
Very long hours some days.
Hard-working environment with enjoyable employees
Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON4 May 2015
Fun place to work!
The people are all very polite.
Hard-working environment with dedicated employees.
Paying employees more money would give them more incentive to continue to prosper with the company.
A step in the right direction!
Account Manager-National Accounts (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON11 February 2015
A typical work day in my shoes consists of assisting our wonderful customers in a professional, reliable and honest manner. We help relocate thousands of individuals and families each year and I am proud to say that I assist in their next big milestone.

I take pride in my work and strive to achieve results that speak for themselves.
job
Independent contractor (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB20 January 2015
pleasant working environment, nothing more will be said about this. Hopefully this is helpful to people looking for a job.
To grow with a growing company
Driver,mover,installer (Former Employee) –  Edmonton A.b21 October 2014
out going person like to get along with others. also meeting new people learning new skills .and other job tasks
I've had better.
Employee (Current Employee) –  Edmonton5 August 2014
Speechless. For lack of anything great to say about this company, I opt to say nearly nothing at all.
Pros
Not bad hours.
Cons
Very seasonal, no culture, no employee appreciation.
amj movers
comercial mover (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON2 January 2014
typical work day - show up at warehouse, team meeting, get into work van off to job site, move material until end of work day.

learnt to be aware of my surroundings and not damage any property that is not mine, to work as a team player

management was well done most times, everyone was coordinated

co workers were always good to work with no complaints

hardest part of job would be the physical aspect

most enjoyable part was closing the tractor tailer truck doors, which meant the day was over and it was time to head back.
Pros
good hours, good people
Cons
low pay, no benefits
Great environment to work in
unpacker/packer (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON8 April 2013
- Unpacking/ packing household items
- Long hours
- Organizing/ rearranging
- Driving
- Customer Service
Pros
inside/outside job
Cons
anonymous hours
For the most part, a great place to work
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NB23 March 2013
Having spent 30 years with this company, I have to say that it was, for the most part, a challenging and enjoyable place to work. In spite of issues in the last few months, I have to say that most managers were great people, I made many friends both in the company and in the industry, and would not hesitate to do it all again. Over the course of 30 years I worked in every department, in many positions and several cities, and would have a hard time to pick any one area that was most enjoyable or most difficult!
Pros
the people, both internal and external
Cons
very demanding work with middle of the range pay scales.
Fast work inviroment
Packer & Furniture Mover (Former Employee) –  Bridgenorth, ON7 February 2013
be in shape - fallow tight deadlines, work with anyone in anyplace... willing to be anywhere in Ontario
Pros
travel
Cons
Good group of employees, real team like environment
Accounting/Administrative Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, On12 October 2012
Hard working group of people constantly striving to do better and be more efficient
Pros
busy environment
Cons
long hours at times

AMJ Campbell Van Lines Reviews by Location