AMJ Campbell Van Lines Employee Reviews in Canada

Seasonal.
Mover/Driver (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ONApril 14, 2016
AMJ Campbell Van Lines is a good company to work for, they pay decent wages. everybody is background checked for customer protection and comfort. the hours vary day by day as every move is different. cash jobs can be picked up on the side from long haul drivers from around the country. winters are very slow so saving your money is a big deal.
Pros
big paycheques
Cons
long hours in summer, no hours in winter.
great place to work we were a family
packing supervisor (Former Employee) –  Delta, BCJanuary 9, 2016
I loved this company, I trained packers, we all worked as a team. I was forced to quit as of a motor vehicle accident. I was in accident, the company in the middle of the night hired me a lawyer. I would have gone back to my work family but injuries took to many yrs to get well. company had to move on.
Pros
best ppl. we all new our jobs.
Great place to work!
Household Sales - Sales Support (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONNovember 19, 2015
Enjoyable and faced paced work environment. Customer service oriented. Enjoyed working with most of my co-workers. Reputable company with ethics I approved of.
Pros
Easily accessible by bus, hours are reasonable
A great company to work for
Mover, Packer (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONNovember 13, 2015
Delivering, packing, unpacking, loading truck, unloading trucks, inventory check, all of these were part of a typical work day. Management was good, the people i worked with were fun. The hardest part of the job was working in the heat. The most enjoyable part of the job was getting to travel to places within Ontario that i probably would of never of visited.
Pros
Good hours, fun people
Cons
Far from friends and family.
Decent place, closed down.
General Labourer (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NBSeptember 9, 2015
Furniture moving, it's labour. Pretty basic wake up early, go load your truck up in the morning at a customers house or, the warehouse. Deliver at a customers house, or at the warehouse, paid hourly, overtime paid daily if you worked more than 8 hours a day, they had a pretty decent crew to work with, everybody knew what they were doing and the company didn't take on more work than they could handle. Management was generally friendly and looking for ways to improve the way the job worked if possible by getting us equipment etc.
Pros
Tips from customers, overtime after 8 hours, friendly management, not understaffed
Cons
Very long hours some days.
Hard-working environment with enjoyable employees
Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 4, 2015
Fun place to work!
The people are all very polite.
Hard-working environment with dedicated employees.
Paying employees more money would give them more incentive to continue to prosper with the company.
A step in the right direction!
Account Manager-National Accounts (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONFebruary 11, 2015
A typical work day in my shoes consists of assisting our wonderful customers in a professional, reliable and honest manner. We help relocate thousands of individuals and families each year and I am proud to say that I assist in their next big milestone.

I take pride in my work and strive to achieve results that speak for themselves.
job
Independent contractor (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABJanuary 20, 2015
pleasant working environment, nothing more will be said about this. Hopefully this is helpful to people looking for a job.
To grow with a growing company
Driver,mover,installer (Former Employee) –  Edmonton A.bOctober 21, 2014
out going person like to get along with others. also meeting new people learning new skills .and other job tasks
I've had better.
Employee (Current Employee) –  EdmontonAugust 5, 2014
Speechless. For lack of anything great to say about this company, I opt to say nearly nothing at all.
Pros
not bad hours.
Cons
very seasonal, no culture, no employee appreciation.
amj movers
comercial mover (Former Employee) –  Markham, ONJanuary 2, 2014
typical work day - show up at warehouse, team meeting, get into work van off to job site, move material until end of work day.

learnt to be aware of my surroundings and not damage any property that is not mine, to work as a team player

management was well done most times, everyone was coordinated

co workers were always good to work with no complaints

hardest part of job would be the physical aspect

most enjoyable part was closing the tractor tailer truck doors, which meant the day was over and it was time to head back.
Pros
good hours, good people
Cons
low pay, no benefits
Great environment to work in
unpacker/packer (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ONApril 8, 2013
- Unpacking/ packing household items
- Long hours
- Organizing/ rearranging
- Driving
- Customer Service
Pros
inside/outside job
Cons
anonymous hours
For the most part, a great place to work
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NBMarch 23, 2013
Having spent 30 years with this company, I have to say that it was, for the most part, a challenging and enjoyable place to work. In spite of issues in the last few months, I have to say that most managers were great people, I made many friends both in the company and in the industry, and would not hesitate to do it all again. Over the course of 30 years I worked in every department, in many positions and several cities, and would have a hard time to pick any one area that was most enjoyable or most difficult!
Pros
the people, both internal and external
Cons
very demanding work with middle of the range pay scales.
Fast work inviroment
Packer & Furniture Mover (Former Employee) –  Bridgenorth, ONFebruary 7, 2013
be in shape - fallow tight deadlines, work with anyone in anyplace... willing to be anywhere in Ontario
Pros
travel
Cons
Good group of employees, real team like environment
Accounting/Administrative Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, OnOctober 12, 2012
Hard working group of people constantly striving to do better and be more efficient
Pros
busy environment
Cons
long hours at times