Amity Corporation Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Energetic and educational place to work in
Teacher of English (Former Employee) –  Shizuoka, Japan8 March 2017
A typical day of work included teaching 6 to 8 classes a day. I learned how to manage a classroom of students from all ages (elementary, high school and adults). The workplace culture in Japan is very different than here because business and personal life are completely separated. I truly enjoyed working at this company because I really enjoy teaching and learning as I work.
Pros
Close to home
Cons
Taihen
FOREIGN TEACHER TRAINER (Former Employee) –  Okayama, Japan24 September 2015
The work office is small and strict. The training staff receives little direction. Mistakes are punished very severely.
A great yet exhausting experience
Native English Teacher (Former Employee) –  JPF21 January 2013
I loved teaching in Japan, especially since it had been a dream of mine for a few years. I enjoyed my students, co-workers, and the Japanese parents I met, and I loved watching my students become more confident in their English abilities. The Japanese work ethic, however, is very rigorous and can create a bit of a problem for people interested in a decent work/life balance. I worked from noon to past 9 at night, and I often went into work an hour earlier and stayed almost an hour later.

This company has great benefits (health insurance and annual health exams), and I had a nice manager who took care of me. She was not professional with the Japanese staff, though, and sometimes grew terribly impatient and difficult to work with. Some managers are not like that, but having one as your boss can make the whole job rather dismal.
Pros
insurance, respect, good pay
Cons
long hours, weekend time, cultural differences

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Amity Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8