Amica Mature Lifestyles Employee Reviews in Canada

Professional, Busy Environment
Wellness & Vitality Assistant (Current Employee) –  Dundas, ONJune 6, 2016
Typical day is teaching exercise classes in the morning from 8:30-11:30am, covering the reception desk for an hour during their lunch break, then conducting afternoon activities for the residents. Schedule is always changing and not very flexible to have a life outside of work. You must be flexible to work evenings, weekends and holidays.
Enojoyed the residents, management was difficult towork with
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Sidney, BCMarch 1, 2016
I enjoyed my position at this company because I enjoyed spending time with residents and helping them live an independent lifestyle.

Working under my direct supervisor was difficult as I felt as though I was being bullied or harassed about my appearance at work despite following company guidelines.
Pros
Getting to know residents, team environment
Cons
Percieved unfairness
Good work environment, good work ethics
Housekeeping manager (Current Employee) –  19 Rean Drive, North YorkJanuary 12, 2016
Manage 10 employee. Assign work load for each person. Inspect for quality and quantity of work. Make sure that everything is operating properly. Participate it the daily, weekly, monthly meetings. Do schedules, payrolls, order supplies, hire, fire, discipline employee. Doing some recognition too. Training new employee. Have some conversations with residents (requests, complaints) which are very funny sometimes. Very busy environment.
Good
Elderly Care Server (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJanuary 16, 2016
Good environment friendly staff and the clients was great to work with. Gives you a good insight to the life as an elderly and the struggles and challenges to come when you get older and also shows you life is life just live it.
over worked and under appreciated
Regional Sales & Marketing Manager (CRM) (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONOctober 15, 2014
assist Teams
I learned that Corporate office does not care about the reality of the industry only the numbers.
Corporate Management are cutthroat
No teamwork only peacocking
Hardest part of the job is being forced to fired amazing people who work hard because the numbers were down even though they were doing everything right.
I loved being in the communities helping.
Pros
beautiful communities
Cons
long hours, no support
enjoy staff and fun working place, fast past physical but fun work
5 Star Dining Server (Current Employee) –  London, ONApril 5, 2014
I have learned a lot about being organized. What it`s like to work with wonderful people who know how to work as a team literally. I love my co-workers. The hardest part is being on your feet for so many hours non-stop but its so busy that it goes by fast and you really feel good at the end of the day. Not like you sat around. Fills you with energy with being so phsical at work. I really do love it.
Pros
satisfaction, eating the food they serve is amazing
Cons
hours are not ideal for a momma with kiddies at home
Poor communication . High turnover. Lack of respect
Concierge (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONNovember 16, 2013
Amica is a poorly managed company. Lots of closed door discussions. High turnover. Odd decisions are made. Lots of finger pointing and mistrust. Lots of drama and rude , un-kind behaviour.
Pros
nice to work for seniors.
Cons
low trust environment.
Hard work
House Keeping (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ONOctober 4, 2013
definitely must be willing to work really hard , certain times of the year it gets very hot or very cold in some parts of the building. some staff is friendly, not much advancement
Pros
wonderful residents
If you enjoy working with elderly people i recommend amica.
Registered Practical Nurse (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONSeptember 6, 2013
Its a very good place to work, the hours are good, everyone is friendly there.

2.9