Amgen

Amgen Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Great place to work for
Training & Development Manager (Current Employee), Thousand Oaks, CAMay 7, 2013
Amgen provides the best work life balance I have ever experienced. The company however is shifting to outsource a lot of positions which in turn, puts staff at un-ease.
good work life balance
Senior Scientist (Current Employee), Seattle, WAMay 6, 2013
good work life balance, culture is lacking, unfriendly environment
Temporary
DMS Coordinator I (Former Employee), PRApril 27, 2013
Applied for a regular position, but accepted a temporary position. The project lasted 3 months, I worked with building structure plans on a daily basis. Filed and copied them and delivered them to architects and engineers.
n/a
QAL Associate (Former Employee), Thousand Oaks, CAApril 15, 2013
Thousand Oaks, CA 2003-2004
A Fortune 500 biotechnology company that discovers, manufactures, and markets therapeutic medicines for patients with debilitating diseases.
NA
Sr. Associate (Current Employee), Thousand Oaks, CAApril 10, 2013
A wonderful place to work plenty of opportunity, however there is an 18 month mandatory commitment with a position or promotion.
Sold an injectable biologica for Osteoporosis
Senior Biopharmaceutical Representative (Former Employee), Town of Ulster, NYMarch 27, 2013
Sold Prolia, an injectable biologic, to Endocrinologists, Rheumatologists, OBGYN’s, and Internal Medicine Providers in the Osteoporosis Market
Fast paced environment
Site Service Vendor Management (Former Employee), Thousand Oaks, CAMarch 21, 2013
Pros: compensation and benefits
Cons: required resources not timely
Fast paced environment with accountability and customer service priorities.
Blood Suckers will take your soul
EA (Current Employee), ATOMarch 20, 2013
Pros: salary, benefits
Cons: management blows hard
As long as your in the "club" you're in good shape, however, that place will suck your life blood until you are nothing but a lifeless corpse. If you mange to fall out of favor with whoever you might report to, you can just kiss your career good-bye. It doesn't matter how hard you work or what you do, they will find reasons to write you up and HR/EEOC – more... is right there backing management up. Document, document, document folks, that's all I can say. They don't care how miserable they make their employees, that's not their concern. I have heard multiple stories of employees who are physically ill because of their jobs, there is nothing wrong with them. Tread very carefully folks, don't let the lure of good money consume your life. – less
Highly professional organization
Security Coordinator (Current Employee), Longmont, COMarch 20, 2013
Pros: excellent benefits
Cons: tough to advance
Be at the top of your game to work here. Compensation commeasurate with skills, competitive in marketplace
Great place to work.
Sr. Associate Mfg (Former Employee), PRMarch 16, 2013
Job security is not stable. When positions are needed to be terminated, they are terminated and are not willing to take you back.
Blood Sucking Place to Work
Administration (Current Employee), ATOMarch 6, 2013
Pros: salary, benefits
Cons: everything else
Everyday I go to work and wonder what management is going to have to complain about. They spout their work life balance, but when push comes to shove, the only thing the company cares about is squeezing you until you you have no blood left. I can't wait to find another job that is comparable in salary so I can give my two weeks and leave this place – more... for a place that can actually appreciate people. It's so sad that so many staff feel the same way. If you choose to work there, best of luck. You'll need it to survive. – less
poor work / life balance
PD Laboratory Sample Management Associate (Former Employee), PRMarch 2, 2013
poor work / life balance.
no job security for contract employees.
no more comments.
Shadow of former self
Senior Associate (Current Employee), Thousand Oaks, CAFebruary 5, 2013
Pros: gym, benefits
Cons: bad managers are untouchable, lack of professional growth
The company is following the lead of other biotech companies. They are outsourcing many functions to vendors. As a result, Amgen is outsourcing it's creativity and innovation.

It is difficult to move around within the company, staff members become pigeon holed in roles, which leads to little opportunity for advancement. Some staff members have been – more... in the same role and level for over 10 years.

Like every company, there are some great managers and there are some awful ones. Fortunately, Amgen has a lot of great managers that treat staff respectively. The bad managers keep morale down because their lack of knowledge and lack of value is overlooked by friends in upper management.

The hardest part of the job is not drowning yourself in work. Staff members are forced to redo or deal with the hassles of inferior outsourced work. – less
A great company to work for, with hard working and fun people!
LEAD SHIPPER/RECEIVER (Former Employee), Thousand Oaks, CAJanuary 25, 2013
I handled shipping, receiving and inventory control for a computer tech group. I was able to make a difference, each and every day, in this position and was a part of a great, hard working computer tech group!
Great place to work!
REGIONAL ACCOUNT MANAGER (Current Employee), NortheastJanuary 17, 2013
Pros: my teammates
Cons: territory was too big
The most enjoyable part of my job was my team and customers! My current manager was very helpful in my development.
Great work life balance, but beaurocratic leadership, and corporate intrigue abounded
Senior Associate, Compliance (Current Employee), Thousand Oaks, CAJanuary 16, 2013
Pros: great gym and amenities to encourage healthy living, lucrative stock and health compensation
Cons: long hours, average pay, corporate mentality
I would recommend this company to someone just graduating from college and looking to gain experience in a fortune 500 company. If one started later in their career, this would be a stifling place. My experience overall was positive. The negatives are lack of advancement opportunities, long hours expected, and generally poor morale amongst collegues.
No longer work there
Research Associate (Former Employee), Seattle, WADecember 28, 2012
Busy most of the time. Great co-workers, great place to work. Enjoyed working for many years until laid off.
Great company
Mailroom Clerk (Former Employee), Seattle, WADecember 12, 2012
Pros: enjoyed all
Cons: never end wish still be working
You will find that I am a team player, reliable and dependable. I am motivated and hard worker. I interact with both customers and coworkers respectfully and appropriately - providing attention to detail as well amgen did.
Best job but short lived.
Process Technician (Former Employee), Fremont, CADecember 11, 2012
Pros: my own cubicle. adequate breaks.
Cons: cold. repetitive work.
Great teamwork atmosphere (day shift) and management support. Not overwhelmingly physically demanding but tedious at times. Great compensation and benefits package. Opportunities for advancements are available.
Progressive, growing biotech company in southern California
Change Management Manager (Former Employee), Thousand Oaks, CADecember 2, 2012
Pros: professional growth; easy going culture; generous compensation
Cons: excessive bureaucracy
Work day: review meeting schedule; organize meeting materials; schedule meetings, make/return phone calls; write and review drawing and documents
Learned: software validation; FDA requirements; construction; organizational mangement; change control
Co-workers: energetic and motivated colleagues; friendly and fun environments
Hardest part: getting projects – more... approved and/or complete (bureaucracy)
Enjoyable: work environment; schedule flexibility – less

About Amgen

Amgen is among the biggest of the biotech big'uns, and it's determined to get even bigger. The company uses cellular biology and – Read more