Amgen

Amgen Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Best Job EVER!!
Project Coordinator (Former Employee), Thousand Oaks, CAAugust 19, 2013
Pros: best place to work ever
Cons: don't really have one
Basically Clerical, Meeting, Conference Calls and organizing all the Various Projects
I learned a variety of need processes and procedures for Project Cordination
Management was wonderful and I enjoyed working with them.
My co-Worker and I got along very well and often times would go out after work or hang out on the weekends. We were like a big family.
Hardest – more... part of my job was getting laid off
The Most enjoyable was going to work everyday – less
Productive and fun workplace
Laboratory Technician II / CVT (Former Employee), Cambridge, MAAugust 16, 2013
Pros: subsidized train pass, stock options, good benefits, excellent 401k
I really enjoyed working at Amgen. The company is big pharma but they treat their employees generously. My boss always believed in me and pushed me to try things that were outside my comfort zone.
Very interesting place to learn.
Cleaning Validation Specialist/ Quality Consultant (Former Employee), PRAugust 10, 2013
Pros: i can recommend to all the people.
Is a very interesting place to learn about Biotechnology process and many other things to grow as a professional. When I start remember that all the people around me teach me many thing and now years later all that experience help me to improve and work with all the assignments provided for Amgen.
Great company
Purification Associate, Manufacturing (Current Employee), West Greenwich, RIJuly 29, 2013
This is a great company that attracts talented individuals. A typical day at work is relatively challenging physically and mentally. The work is rewarding when management empowers their colleagues. The co-workers are generally sound.
Prductive, nice place to work. Great people to work with. Excellent benefits
Quality Assurance Specialist (Current Employee), Thousand Oaks, CAJuly 28, 2013
Pros: flexible work schedule, excellent compensation and benefits
Cons: a very large company; sometime you can get lost trying to find your way. some politics involved.
Amgen is a great company to work for. Super benefits and I rnjoyed the folks I worked wih
Productive and fun workplace
Sr. Associate GRAAS Operations (Current Employee), Thousand Oaks, CAJuly 26, 2013
Good workplace and great facilities. There is room for growth and employees are very smart and skillful.
A very competitive work place
Laboratory Technician (Current Employee), PRJuly 18, 2013
Pros: 1065 e benefits
Cons: work life balance
Amgen is a competitive work place. Have a good salary and excellent benefits.
Good company for advancement
Sr. Project Associate - Operations (Former Employee), West Greenwich, RIJuly 15, 2013
Pros: advancement, good leadership, benefits and bonuses
Amgen was for me a great place to learn, work with good people, and had great benefits. My managers encouraged you to grow, provided you with the tools to teach you new skills. They kept you informed of your performance and were professional in their review process.
Work life balance is eroding
Senior Associate (Current Employee), Thousand Oaks, CaJuly 9, 2013
Pros: great compenstation
Cons: some of the managers here should not be managers
For the most part, Amgen is not a bad place to work if you get the right mgr. Seems that many managers are incompetent and lack an understanding on how to manage without being a dictator/micro manager. Of course, org changes happen bi-monthly so keeping a good manager is a hard thing to do. Layoffs seem to be the new HR mantra as well as an increased – more... workload. So, if you can walk on eggs shells and are covered in Teflon you will survive and be compensated well. – less
Amgen Seattle is a great place to work
Post-doctoral fellow (Current Employee), Seattle, WAJune 15, 2013
Amgen Seattle is a great place to work
Fast paced environment
Too many meetings
Great company with a lot of smart people
HR Business Partner (Former Employee), Thousand Oaks, CAJune 12, 2013
Pros: compensation package and benefits
Cons: career development and advancement
Very competitive compensation and benefits package. Advancement difficult. Company has undergone tremendous change over the past 5-6 years.
Large Company
Associate Packaging Engineer (Contract) (Current Employee), Thousand Oaks, CAJune 6, 2013
Learned about Secondary Packaging in a biotech company. I didn't have a package engineering background but I was able to learn quickly and adapt to what was required from this job.
Sr. Buyer (Former Employee), PRMay 29, 2013
Pros: learning process.
Was great pleasure to work in those companies. I learned a lot on the job training.
Amgen: A mere shadow of the company that it WAS~~
Pharmaceutical Manufacturing Associate (Former Employee), LakeCentre, Boulder, COMay 22, 2013
Pros: great people to work with!
Cons: really was the "odd man out" as a contractor
The work was incredibly interesting! My co-workers (regular Amgen employees) were very willing to share information and teach me the processes related to the campaign (Prolia) we were working on. They also told me how the company used to have picnics and many perks for the staff until~~~the BIG LAYOFF. I even worked extra shifts/overtime to support – more... the program then, became seriously sick/in ICU during Christmas shut down. My contract was initially extended for 6 months then, the day before Christmas it was suddenly canceled. My direct supervisor did not even know I had been terminated. Later, all I got was "The Great Wall of Silence". During my tenure, I repeatedly applied for "regular" full time positions as they became available but, it seemed that I was never really considered. Be very wary of Amgen~~ – less
Very nice and hardworking team to work with
Associate Process Development Scientist (Former Employee), Abingdon, Oxfordshire, UKMay 12, 2013
Pros: well organised, self development
Perfect work/ life balance. Well planned work. I learnt new skills like tissue culture, working on RC 40 there. Coworkers were great and management was very good at their work. Everything was going as per deadlines. I dont know what was the hardest part of the job as I enjoyed every moment working there.
No work / life balance
Doc Control (Former Employee), Juncos, PRMay 7, 2013
Zero work / life balance
Too much preasure and in some areas have NOT people skills
Everyone wants to in, and when they are in paid to get out
Great place to work for
Training & Development Manager (Current Employee), Thousand Oaks, CAMay 7, 2013
Amgen provides the best work life balance I have ever experienced. The company however is shifting to outsource a lot of positions which in turn, puts staff at un-ease.
good work life balance
Senior Scientist (Current Employee), Seattle, WAMay 6, 2013
good work life balance, culture is lacking, unfriendly environment
Temporary
DMS Coordinator I (Former Employee), PRApril 27, 2013
Applied for a regular position, but accepted a temporary position. The project lasted 3 months, I worked with building structure plans on a daily basis. Filed and copied them and delivered them to architects and engineers.
n/a
QAL Associate (Former Employee), Thousand Oaks, CAApril 15, 2013
Thousand Oaks, CA 2003-2004
A Fortune 500 biotechnology company that discovers, manufactures, and markets therapeutic medicines for patients with debilitating diseases.

About Amgen

Amgen is among the biggest of the biotech big'uns, and it's determined to get even bigger. The company uses cellular biology and – Read more