Amgen

Amgen Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Progressive, growing biotech company in southern California
Change Management Manager (Former Employee), Thousand Oaks, CADecember 2, 2012
Pros: professional growth; easy going culture; generous compensation
Cons: excessive bureaucracy
Work day: review meeting schedule; organize meeting materials; schedule meetings, make/return phone calls; write and review drawing and documents
Learned: software validation; FDA requirements; construction; organizational mangement; change control
Co-workers: energetic and motivated colleagues; friendly and fun environments
Hardest part: getting projects – more... approved and/or complete (bureaucracy)
Enjoyable: work environment; schedule flexibility – less
INTERESTING
Filling Manufacturing Associate (Current Employee), PRNovember 26, 2012
INTERESTING, HARD WORKING ENVIRONMENT, MULTI TASKING,SCIENCE BASED
My work at Amgen
Global Regulatory Affairs Associate (Current Employee), CambridgeNovember 26, 2012
Pros: great work/life balance
Cons: global transitions
So far, in my current position, I have assisted in preparation and have taken responsibility of routine submissions filed to various Regulatory Authorities such as MAA's (GEM), Variations, Clinical Trial Applications (Europe), Clinical Trial Amendments/Notifications.
A great company to work
Senior Associate ERP OTC Business Analyst (Current Employee), Thousand Oaks, CANovember 25, 2012
Pros: benefits, work/life balance
Cons: career advancement
Enough flexibility on work/life balance.

GMP regulated and follows Standard Operation Procedures all the time.
Very easy going and open atmosphere
Entry Level Chemical Engineer (Former Employee), Boulder, CONovember 12, 2012
Lively workplace with lots of co worker interaction. Frequent staff events and activities. Great benefits.
Great pharmaceutical experience.
Summer Job Student (Former Employee), PROctober 30, 2012
Pros: comfortable environment to work at, great cafeteria.
Working at Amgen was a great experience to familiarize myself with the pharmaceutical environment. However, my work area was more directly related to various other aspects of the company. For instance, the lightening remodeling plans for their lobby building, room labeling for a controlled environment, etc. It was a relatively simple job, but careful – more... attention to details was needed. My manager was very supporting and a great role model to follow. The most enjoyable part of my job was the feeling of achievement after handing in a final report. – less
SAP HCM Consultant
SAP HCM Consultant (Current Employee), GurgaonOctober 25, 2012
OM, PA, Time, Payroll, ESS-MSS, ECM

HR, Employee Engagement, Project Management
Productive and collaborative place to work
Administrative Coordinator II (Current Employee), Thousand Oaks, CAOctober 13, 2012
Pros: beautiful grounds, great restaurants, good benefits
Cons: cannot think of any
Amgen is a great place to work. The feeling there is one of growth, and collaborative activity here. They recognize and value their employees.
A fun productive place to work with excellent benefits.
Pharmaceutical Manufacturing Associate (Former Employee), West Greenwich, RIOctober 9, 2012
An excellent company to work for.
Fellow employees are always willing to help.
I've learned many things about the biotech mfg. field.
work in AML 1
Manufacturing Associate / Syringe Filling Area (Current Employee), juncos Puerto RicoOctober 2, 2012
Pros: good benefits
Cons: erratic work shedules and redundant sop, s.
work in syringe filling area. work in aceptic area.the hardest part of the job is do diferent test in short time. the most enjoyable part is we produce a help for others.
CP2/Nesp Process Development, Process Engineer (Former Employee), PROctober 2, 2012
Pros: good lunch place, modern industry, automaticed process
Cons: parking area
In the short time I worked at Amgen I learned fast about the whole process and area. I worked directly with the process by monitoring the process parameters (critical parameters) in order to asure the quality of the product.
Challenging but interesting place to work. Company has a strong commitment to its employees
Construction/Project Manager (Current Employee), Thousand OaksSeptember 25, 2012
Pros: excellent benefits
Cons: sometimes lacks leadership in some key areas
Overall a very good company to work for. Solving challenging engineering construction projects on time and budget can be very reqwarding.
Great place to work!!
Quality Associate (Current Employee), PRSeptember 11, 2012
Amgen is a great place to work, you learn the important of small thing when you are part of it. For me be a part of a group that always is focus on quality live for other is an honor. Serve patients is their priority and I'm very happy to be part of that.
Operador de Manufactura (Former Employee), PRSeptember 10, 2012
A good place to work, where you learn. Assisted the Employee at all times and in all aspects
Extremely stimulating.
Quality Control Microbiology Specialist (Former Employee), Bothell, WAAugust 30, 2012
There was no typical day. One day could be spent collecting samples (water, air, surface, etc...). This would be followed by testing the samples for TOC, Conductivity, Microbiology and endotoxin.

I worked with a small and close group. While most days went well, there were instances where issues (contaminations) arose and we we were the group called – more... on to resolve the problem. – less
A great Company to work at
Administrative Coordinator (Temp) (Former Employee), Thousand Oaks, CAAugust 28, 2012
Such a great place to be. Wonderful people and enviornment.
Newbury Park, California
Quality Assurance Specialist (Former Employee), Thousand Oaks, CAJuly 26, 2012
Initially provided customer support and service to the southwest regions, to sales associates, and customers. Responsibilities included heavy phones, expense reporting preparation and review for customers whose cars were damaged, position was quite diverse, involved many responsibilities and interaction with all levels of management, role required extensive – more... communication, both written and verbal, with all levels of management. – less
Amgen review summary
Account Manager (Current Employee), Thousand OaksJuly 17, 2012
Pros: cafeteria with amazing food, yet overpriced.
Cons: very competitive. contractors are treated with little respect.
Great place to work, amazing people, good pay if you are in the right department.

There are some great managers and others that are horrible.

Contracted workers are treated with little respect and zero job security.

The TO campus is beautiful and the Company is highly profitable.
Great place to work if you can get in
Payment Associate (Former Employee), Thousand Oaks, CAJuly 5, 2012
Pros: many opportunites
Cons: political
I enjoyed my stint (11 mos) and wish I could have been there longer and done something different.
Good science-based company dedicated to making an impact on grievous illness
Principal Scientist (Former Employee), Thousand Oaks, CAJune 18, 2012
Pros: good compensation and benefits, clear career path
Cons: recent management changes negatively affected commitment to discovery research, too focused on financial analyst opinions
Amgen is a good company overall, but recent changes brought about by management have diminished their focus on discovery research. They have shown a tendancy to sacrifice long term success for short term financial gain much like the rest of the pharmaceutical industry at this time.

About Amgen

Amgen is among the biggest of the biotech big'uns, and it's determined to get even bigger. The company uses cellular biology and – Read more