Amgen

Amgen Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Productive and fun workplace
Sr. Associate GRAAS Operations (Current Employee), Thousand Oaks, CAJuly 26, 2013
Good workplace and great facilities. There is room for growth and employees are very smart and skillful.
A very competitive work place
Laboratory Technician (Current Employee), PRJuly 18, 2013
Pros: 1065 e benefits
Cons: work life balance
Amgen is a competitive work place. Have a good salary and excellent benefits.
Good company for advancement
Sr. Project Associate - Operations (Former Employee), West Greenwich, RIJuly 15, 2013
Pros: advancement, good leadership, benefits and bonuses
Amgen was for me a great place to learn, work with good people, and had great benefits. My managers encouraged you to grow, provided you with the tools to teach you new skills. They kept you informed of your performance and were professional in their review process.
Work life balance is eroding
Senior Associate (Current Employee), Thousand Oaks, CaJuly 9, 2013
Pros: great compenstation
Cons: some of the managers here should not be managers
For the most part, Amgen is not a bad place to work if you get the right mgr. Seems that many managers are incompetent and lack an understanding on how to manage without being a dictator/micro manager. Of course, org changes happen bi-monthly so keeping a good manager is a hard thing to do. Layoffs seem to be the new HR mantra as well as an increased – more... workload. So, if you can walk on eggs shells and are covered in Teflon you will survive and be compensated well. – less
Amgen Seattle is a great place to work
Post-doctoral fellow (Current Employee), Seattle, WAJune 15, 2013
Amgen Seattle is a great place to work
Fast paced environment
Too many meetings
Great company with a lot of smart people
HR Business Partner (Former Employee), Thousand Oaks, CAJune 12, 2013
Pros: compensation package and benefits
Cons: career development and advancement
Very competitive compensation and benefits package. Advancement difficult. Company has undergone tremendous change over the past 5-6 years.
Large Company
Associate Packaging Engineer (Contract) (Current Employee), Thousand Oaks, CAJune 6, 2013
Learned about Secondary Packaging in a biotech company. I didn't have a package engineering background but I was able to learn quickly and adapt to what was required from this job.
Sr. Buyer (Former Employee), PRMay 29, 2013
Pros: learning process.
Was great pleasure to work in those companies. I learned a lot on the job training.
Amgen: A mere shadow of the company that it WAS~~
Pharmaceutical Manufacturing Associate (Former Employee), LakeCentre, Boulder, COMay 22, 2013
Pros: great people to work with!
Cons: really was the "odd man out" as a contractor
The work was incredibly interesting! My co-workers (regular Amgen employees) were very willing to share information and teach me the processes related to the campaign (Prolia) we were working on. They also told me how the company used to have picnics and many perks for the staff until~~~the BIG LAYOFF. I even worked extra shifts/overtime to support – more... the program then, became seriously sick/in ICU during Christmas shut down. My contract was initially extended for 6 months then, the day before Christmas it was suddenly canceled. My direct supervisor did not even know I had been terminated. Later, all I got was "The Great Wall of Silence". During my tenure, I repeatedly applied for "regular" full time positions as they became available but, it seemed that I was never really considered. Be very wary of Amgen~~ – less
Very nice and hardworking team to work with
Associate Process Development Scientist (Former Employee), Abingdon, Oxfordshire, UKMay 12, 2013
Pros: well organised, self development
Perfect work/ life balance. Well planned work. I learnt new skills like tissue culture, working on RC 40 there. Coworkers were great and management was very good at their work. Everything was going as per deadlines. I dont know what was the hardest part of the job as I enjoyed every moment working there.
No work / life balance
Doc Control (Former Employee), Juncos, PRMay 7, 2013
Zero work / life balance
Too much preasure and in some areas have NOT people skills
Everyone wants to in, and when they are in paid to get out
Great place to work for
Training & Development Manager (Current Employee), Thousand Oaks, CAMay 7, 2013
Amgen provides the best work life balance I have ever experienced. The company however is shifting to outsource a lot of positions which in turn, puts staff at un-ease.
good work life balance
Senior Scientist (Current Employee), Seattle, WAMay 6, 2013
good work life balance, culture is lacking, unfriendly environment
Temporary
DMS Coordinator I (Former Employee), PRApril 27, 2013
Applied for a regular position, but accepted a temporary position. The project lasted 3 months, I worked with building structure plans on a daily basis. Filed and copied them and delivered them to architects and engineers.
n/a
QAL Associate (Former Employee), Thousand Oaks, CAApril 15, 2013
Thousand Oaks, CA 2003-2004
A Fortune 500 biotechnology company that discovers, manufactures, and markets therapeutic medicines for patients with debilitating diseases.
Interesting and challenging place to work
Assistant Coordinator (Former Employee), Ciudad de México, DIFApril 13, 2013
The most difficult to live all days of the week was the traffic for moving to their offices, per day from arriving to the office and leaving to home was about 2 hours 30 minutes so it makes stressful because too much traffic, it doesnt matter on fridays they finished the journey early at 13:00 hours.

Regarding the goals were such as interesting because, – more... there were many opportunity areas to work in, as the customer service and giving follow up to many protocols, specially learnig how to attend new patients, people asking for information about our products and learn how to perfectly know to which person send calls, e-mails, and information, was really nice and enjoyable to know it is a noble and satisfactory company because they work to save lifes or to improve the quality of life of person with delicate health problems such as cancer or osteoporosis..

The enviroment and the co-workers were nice people, it was young people team with new ideas so it makes every day journey a good place to work. – less
NA
Sr. Associate (Current Employee), Thousand Oaks, CAApril 10, 2013
A wonderful place to work plenty of opportunity, however there is an 18 month mandatory commitment with a position or promotion.
Sold an injectable biologica for Osteoporosis
Senior Biopharmaceutical Representative (Former Employee), Town of Ulster, NYMarch 27, 2013
Sold Prolia, an injectable biologic, to Endocrinologists, Rheumatologists, OBGYN’s, and Internal Medicine Providers in the Osteoporosis Market
Fast paced environment
Site Service Vendor Management (Former Employee), Thousand Oaks, CAMarch 21, 2013
Pros: compensation and benefits
Cons: required resources not timely
Fast paced environment with accountability and customer service priorities.
Blood Suckers will take your soul
EA (Current Employee), ATOMarch 20, 2013
Pros: salary, benefits
Cons: management blows hard
As long as your in the "club" you're in good shape, however, that place will suck your life blood until you are nothing but a lifeless corpse. If you mange to fall out of favor with whoever you might report to, you can just kiss your career good-bye. It doesn't matter how hard you work or what you do, they will find reasons to write you up and HR/EEOC – more... is right there backing management up. Document, document, document folks, that's all I can say. They don't care how miserable they make their employees, that's not their concern. I have heard multiple stories of employees who are physically ill because of their jobs, there is nothing wrong with them. Tread very carefully folks, don't let the lure of good money consume your life. – less

About Amgen

Amgen is among the biggest of the biotech big'uns, and it's determined to get even bigger. The company uses cellular biology and – Read more