Amgen

Amgen Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Business Objects Lead
Business Objects Lead (Former Employee), Thousand Oaks, CAFebruary 19, 2014
This project is being undertaken as part of the larger Enterprise Data Warehouse (EDW) Program, focused on acquiring data from EPPM (Enterprise Project and Portfolio Management) and SAP modules relating to project management, portfolio management and associated capital spend to enable reporting and analysis functionality for those business areas and – more... functions. The goal is to bring related EPPM and SAP data together in a single place to simplify reporting and analysis for portfolio and project management and the associated capital expenditures and open commitments. The subject areas included in the scope of the EDW program are EPPM project and portfolio analysis, EPPM resource allocation, SAP planning scenarios; SAP project related capital expenditures and SAP project related open commitments. – less
Productive and fun company to work for.
Biopharmaceutical Sales Representative (Current Employee), Thousand Oaks, CAFebruary 19, 2014
A typical day at work involves traveling to physician offices within my territory to discuss the benefits of Prolia for their patients with Postmenopausal Osteoporosis.
Daily Goals
District Sales Manager-Bone Health (Former Employee), Thousand Oaks, CAFebruary 18, 2014
Manage multiple representatives, meet with customers, coach, focus on sale goal attainment, assist customers with clinical and access information pertaining to product mix .
Project Lead (Former Employee), Juncos Puerto ricoFebruary 11, 2014
Great Company, Great Culture, Great Management
Product and fun place to work
Sr. Packaging Engineer (Current Employee), Thousand Oaks, CAFebruary 10, 2014
Great people, great managers, great co-workers. I learned much about biotechnology and applying my engineering skills to help clinical operations.
Senior Process Engineer (Former Employee), West Greenwich, RIFebruary 10, 2014
Good place to work. I enjoyed the collaboration and the team spirit
Exciting and rewarding place to work.
Associate Manufacturing (Current Employee), Longmont, COFebruary 7, 2014
Amgen is a great place to work. It has provided a wealth of knowledge in the production of human therapeutics.
Everyday was something new out inthe field, it is a great experience selling a biologic
Senior Biopharmaceutical Representative (Current Employee), East Orange, NJFebruary 7, 2014
Pros: doing something challenging day in and day out
Cons: growing number of no see practices
It is a challenge selling to several different therapeutic specialties, as they each have their own different area of focus. Through hard work and a lot fo analytical evaluation, it is quite rewarding when you can pull through the business.
Biopharmaceutical Sales Representative (Former Employee), South FloridaFebruary 5, 2014
Leader in the marketplace and a highly technical and innovative product portfolio to a sophisticated audience.
sales rep
Sr. Biopharmaceutical Sales Representative (Current Employee), usaFebruary 5, 2014
Pros: science, pipeline
Cons: leadership, culture
Great science, great pipeline, average leadership, and below average culture.
Pharmaceutical Sales
Biopharmaceutical Sales Representative - Prolia (Current Employee), Boston, MAFebruary 3, 2014
Great products. Enjoy selling a complex Biologic. Works well in teams or individual contributor managing territory on my own.
Great place for work / life balance.
Commercial Senior Manager (Current Employee), Thousand Oaks, CAJanuary 22, 2014
The people and culture are great, but the advancement is limited.
Great benefits - Fast moving company
Principle Clnical Quality Site Compliance Lead (Former Employee), Thousand Oaks, CAJanuary 21, 2014
Hard work. Well established culture. Very risk adverse. Collaborative environment which may make things difficult to implement.
ssis developer
SQL BI Developer (Current Employee), Thousand Oaks, CAJanuary 17, 2014
Pros: insurance, dataware housing
Cons: finance, health care
• Designed and created databases using normalization techniques. Implemented DDL statements
• Defined database structure or schemas and DML to manage data within schema objects
• Developed advanced queries, stored procedures, views and functions to retrieve, analyze and update data using MS SQL Server 2008/2008 R2/2012.
• Designed, developed and implemented – more... data import using SSIS to load data from various files into database
• Created packages and scheduled server jobs according to established business rules
• Provided administrative functions for SQL Server such as implementing database backups, performance tuning and optimization, importing and exporting database objects. Support of high-transaction database
• Designed and implemented security by setting up users, profiles and roles and assigning system and object privileges
• Used SSRS to develop parameterized reports to group, filter and calculate results. – less
My review is based on BioVex, before Amgen bought the company.
Quality Control Analyst (Former Employee), Woburn, MAJanuary 14, 2014
Pros: some good employees to work with
Cons: terrible management and training
From the first day I started I was in a very negative environment. There was no team attitude at all. It was every man for himself with people talking behind everyone's back and no direction at all from management. The training was extremely poor I would never want to work under the same management again.
Productive and fun workplace
QC ASSOCIATE (Former Employee), PRJanuary 9, 2014
This was the first company that gave me the opportunity to work on what I really like. The knowledge that I have now in quality control I owe them. A typical work day that was work, work and more work. It was fun and rewarding to work with the team for Microbiology.
Great people and place to work at
QC Microbiology Associate (Current Employee), Woburn, MADecember 31, 2013
Cons: short breaks
The people here are great. The place has just been bought over by Amgen. Therefore the company in Woburn is a little hectic. The hours are crazy at times, we need to be flexible because there are only one shift here.
Administrative Assistant
Administrative Coordinator (Former Employee), Thousand Oaks, CADecember 29, 2013
Pros: the people i worked with.
Cons: working with people globally; not being able to work in the same time zone.
I have worked for Amgen Inc. for just under 10 years. I supported a group within the Engineering Department that consists of 7 Directors and their reports, equaling to about 32 people. I managed calendars, scheduled travel, supported their meetings and other clerical type work. I loved the folks I worked with. A typical day was low to medium stress – more... and getting my work done. – less
Senior Biopharmaceutical Specialist
Sr. Biopharmaceutical Representative (Current Employee), Central CaliforniaDecember 26, 2013
16+ years sales experience, 14+ years pharmaceutical sales experience. Launched 6 new products in Cardiology, Urology, Gastroenterology, and Endocrinology. Sales experience in primary care, Rheumatology, Oncology, Neurology, Long-term care, hospital-based, Dialysis, and Infusion centers. Currently I manage a book of business compiled of $35 million/annually. – more... My territory covers Modesto to Bakersfield, Ca. I reside in Clovis, Ca. – less
Material Coordinator II (Current Employee), Woburn, MADecember 25, 2013
A good company to work for they take really good care of there regular employees.

About Amgen

Amgen is among the biggest of the biotech big'uns, and it's determined to get even bigger. The company uses cellular biology and – Read more