Amgen

Amgen Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Nice place to work
IT Site Lead Manager (Former Employee), West Greenwich, RISeptember 26, 2014
Pros: clean and professional
Cons: contract roles mostly
assuming you can be an actual FTE , it would be great place to stay , but the majority of roles are contract
I worked as a temporary resource
Sr. Associate Supply Chain (Current Employee), PRSeptember 24, 2014
The environment was one of respect. There were always something new to learn. This type of industry is full of improvements, something new happen every day. A lot of opportunities to develop as a professional.
safe work place
Senior Inspector Specialist I QPEG (Former Employee), juncos, puerto ricoSeptember 14, 2014
Pros: free coffe and cookies
Cons: half hour for lunch
Excellent place for work, work of 8 hrs. normal, learned team work leadership, management good appreciation, work with co-workers in process area and final area, the hardest part is strong initiative and best enjoy in the meet work.
Great work atmosphere
Compliance Contract Administrator II (Former Employee), Thousand Oaks, CASeptember 9, 2014
The best company I have worked for in a very long time. The campus has a college feel and the amenities such as numerous cafeterias, shuttle, gym, amusement discounts are awesome.
Interesting challenges
Country Sourcing Manager, UK & Ireland (Former Employee), Cambridge, ENGSeptember 8, 2014
Pros: lovely people
Cons: complex matrix management, too many "decision makers"
Generalist procurement manager - no typical day.

Inherited a very unmotivated team through no fault of their own and had to re-energise - enjoyed the people development element

Hardest part of the job was the matrix management, the multiple reporting processes and the slow decision making process

The most enjoyable part were the interactions with – more... Stakeholders – less
Amgen
Sr. Biopharmaceutical Sales Representative (Current Employee), AtlantaSeptember 3, 2014
I absolutely love the company culture at Amgen. Senior Leadership (VP of Sales, etc) is very approachable and personable. The benefits are great, even offering two weeks of shut-down vacation on top of your current vacation options.
great company
Senior Production Planner (Former Employee), Seattle, WAAugust 21, 2014
great company to work for
great bennies
great products, huge pipeline
Support Manufacturing with raw materials
Material Coordinator Level 6 / Safety Lead (Former Employee), Fremont, CAAugust 16, 2014
Pros: working with co workers
Support Manufacturing with raw materials in a GMP environment. Learned how to take precautious measures to ensure timeline is met. Management was wildely structured and easily approachable. The hardest part was dealing with the dynamics of change of schedule. The most important enjoyable part of the job was working with the co workers.
N/A
Manufacturing Associate 1 (Current Employee), Thousand Oaks, CAAugust 15, 2014
It was a great company and I enjoyed working there....................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................
Great Benefits
Senior Associate Scientist (Current Employee), Amgen WashingtonAugust 13, 2014
Overall a good experience. Job flexability and benefits were great. Management at Director level and above was sub par.
Amgen Washington was a fantastic group of talented people
Senior Associate Scientist (Current Employee), SeattleAugust 7, 2014
The Amgen Washington site was a leader in scientific innovation and the people were incredibly talented
good place to work
engineering technician (Current Employee), Dún Laoghaire, DAugust 7, 2014
good experience, learned a lot of new skills, and enjoyed time spent with this employer.
Great work environment
Plant Quality Assurance Specialist (Current Employee), west greenwich, RIAugust 4, 2014
Pros: location of the facility, cafe on site
Cons: stress of reduction in force for business improvement
Typical day includes daily reviews of production records, along with deviations (nonconformances), CAPAs, Change control reviews

I've learned in-depth science behind specific processes, how to deal with multiple client issues at the same time

My coworkers all have different and unique personalities, with which, I get along with all of them

The hardest – more... part of the job is balancing all the work and prioritizing appropriately. – less
Good company with good benefits, culture, and values
Specialist Quality Assurance (Current Employee), West Greenwich, RIAugust 3, 2014
Pros: values, commitment, people
Cons: healthcare changes over the years (less coverage, more money out of pocket)
My job is in Quality Assurance and I support a large scale, 24/7 manufacturing facility with 5 shifts of peers. At any one time, we can have upwards of 22 lots running at the same time, and up to 4 products. I work a 12 hour day, and spend approximately 75-80% of my time on the floor, reviewing documents, operations, and supporting nonconformance investigations. – more... I started in this industry at this plant 14 years ago, and have basically been educated and grown with this company, learning everything I know about biotech here. My co-workers and peers are awesome, a truly dedicated group of people who have a real passion for what they do and doing it right. They all make this place what it is today. – less
Clinical Sas programmer
Remote- Sr. Statistical SAS Programmer (Former Employee), remoteJuly 31, 2014
Data analysis
Data modeling per CDISC standards
Creation of SDTM, ADAM, TFL
Dinamic area
DMS Coordinator - Incoming Quality Assurance (Current Employee), PRJuly 31, 2014
This is a dinamic area, continously worked and challenges.
Specialist Production Planner (Current Employee), West Warwick RIJuly 30, 2014
Manage on time deliveries
apply lean principles daily task
order GMP raw materials
Many opportunities to advance my knowledge
Project Manager, Quality Assurance Department (Former Employee), Longmont, COJuly 29, 2014
I enjoyed what I did and my co-workers. I had many opportunities to advance my knowledge in the area of manufacturing.
Really great people. Great exposure to new technologies.
System Administrator\IT Support (Current Employee), Dún Laoghaire, DublinJuly 29, 2014
Pros: people
Cons: communication, career progression.
Great support to improving processes and delivering new ones.
Great place to work. Would recommend to others.
Senior Manufacturing Associate (Former Employee), coloJuly 25, 2014
great place to work for. Would recommend to others. Upper mgmt needs to wake up.

About Amgen

Amgen is among the biggest of the biotech big'uns, and it's determined to get even bigger. The company uses cellular biology and – Read more