Amgen Employee Reviews in Canada

• Salary/Benefits
Challenging and enjoyable workplace with great co-workers
Scientific Affairs Coordinator (Temp) (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONJanuary 20, 2015
Pros: free lunches on friday, yoga classes on wednesday, massage at work, great benefits
Fast-paced work environment.
Training on new software and personal improvement courses offered by the company.
Knowledgeable, respected management team.
Co-operative co-workers ready to assist in cross-functional work.
Challenging projects, and the ability to work on projects outside of the usual scope of responsibilities.
Good people, good place
Co-op Student (Former Employee), Burnaby, BCSeptember 17, 2013
Pros: friendly working environment, good hours
Cons: colony picking and spiking 96-well plates individually
I've worked as a co-op for the molecular biology team at Amgen BC. A typical day at work would begin with me checking in with my supervisor to have a pow-wow of the day's plans, confirming what I need to do that day. If I have some free time in between running experiments and logging the experiments in electronically, I would do more menial but necessary housework - stocking up on pipettes, checking on media quantity, etc. The molecular biology team was a great group of people to work with and learn from. They were patient and kind, and great to get along with, easy to communicate with. The hardest part of the job for me was thinking a few steps ahead to know what to prepare for experiments; initially, I wasn't too familiar with the SOPs, so making the prep work my second nature took some effort. The most enjoyable part of the job was when I did become very comfortable with the general day-to-day workflow and got chances to learn skills that were not required by my duties.

Overall, I'm grateful for being given the opportunity to work at such a great company.
Fantastic Company to work for
Manager, Clinical Field Operations (Former Employee), MississaugaJuly 18, 2013
Pros: growth opportunities
Cons: change came quickly
Great development opportunities at Amgen.
Compensation amazing with stock options and good salaries.
Great company, positive, energetic, environment
Administrative Coordinator (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONJanuary 6, 2012
Pros: best enivornment, good managers
Cons: needs a larger office space
Short time with company, enjoyed every minute of my 5 month contract. Learned new skills and was treated with respect and courtesy by colleagues and managers.