AmerisourceBergen

AmerisourceBergen Employee Reviews in Canada

A great place to work
Master Data Analyst (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONJuly 5, 2016
My typical day was busy and it kept you updated on the most recent software and my co-workers were excellent, the hardest part of my job was not being able to complete all my word within the day.
a fun place to work at
Receptionist/ Invoice clerk (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONJune 20, 2016
i loved working at this company. i was always learning something new everyday.i was very loved by everyone.i loved my bosses they were so nice to me.i was an invoicer,shipper and recivier
A very professional environment to work in
Pharmacovigilance Associate II (Current Employee) –  Oakville, ONApril 24, 2016
A very professional environment to work in. However, the strict timelines the employees work with do force one to feel the stress once in a while
work expierence
Shipping Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONApril 20, 2016
nice place to work. liked the atmosphere very rewarding. Management was good, but new director destroyed the company.
Fast paced, detail oriented, patient focused
Pharmacovigilance Specialist (Current Employee) –  Oakville, ONJanuary 7, 2016
A typical day consists of Working directly with internal and external client to report adverse events in accordance as per appropriate standard operating procedure and client needs. Extensive work with Microsoft Office programs as well as a variety of office equipment such as photocopier, fax, and scanner.
Pros
great people
Cons
strict timelines
"Don't believe the hype"
Innomar Strategies (Current Employee) –  Oakville, ONOctober 12, 2015
Management is the worst. Inexperienced people are often hired and placed in these positions without any idea of true leadership. Nor is the company willing to train a manager to be a better leader. It is a very autocratic atmosphere. The managers push to get maximum efficiency from the workers and do not offer any positive reinforcements when a job is well done.

They continually boast about being leaders in the field in every meeting and yet there is high turnover (employees and managers alike). There is a glass ceiling. There market shares are less then their competitors.

Human Resources is equally inept. Complaints go unanswered and problems continue. Human Resources is not their to help the employees but only to help the few managers there suppress the front line workers. There is no help form Human Resources.

If you are not part of the popular group you soon find your days so uncomfortable you are forced to leave.

There are some really nice people there, teamwork is good. It has to be to combat the inept managers- (the enemy of my enemy is my friend). On a positive note your first year will be comfortable before the reality of the company sets in.

The reason I have stayed for so long is for the patients. Job satisfaction is high. Our job truly matters to the patients involved. We get help for the most needy, sick and pain-filled of society.

We are asked to advocate for the patients we have assigned to us, but don't REALLY push for any one patient though. Even if you QUESTION a managers autocratic authority, even to HELP a patient, it will quickly get
  more... you out of the popular group (and you could be pushed out altogether).

It is a building full of young cute employees. If you are not one of these then you will not likely be hired.

No monetary bonuses are given to a bilingual employee - you get to be on the French phone lines doing extra work then the uni-lingual for no added benefit.

[The mentality of the managerial hierarchy of the entire company is just 'gimme gimme'. For example, to show appreciation to all employees, food trucks were brought in. Employees were expected to pay for their own food... but 'pop' was provided by the company.]
Pros
Employees are given leftovers to eat. There is a healthy atmosphere.
Cons
No positive reinforcements or acclamations for a job well done.
BILINGUAL CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE
Bilingual Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Oakville OntarioOctober 9, 2015
I have been in customer service for over 20 years, this organization is very disorganized.
I was bullied and harassed by my Manager and Supervisor the second week I started. I reported them to HR, bottom line is I did not fit their culture....
Horrible place to work!!!
Pros
I beleive in the work
Cons
Very disorganized, never followed Policies and Procedures, Bullied and Harassed
The worst management
Field Nurse (Former Employee) –  CanadaAugust 10, 2015
Micromanaging, employees are pushed into corners. You either do what they tell you or you are out. Unsafe practice, patients are just bodies.
Pros
No pros anymore
Cons
Unsupportive management
Great company
Manager & Reimbursement and Infusion Specialist (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONOctober 14, 2014
great comoany; nothing bad to say.szddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd
Resourceful organization
Manager, Market Access (Consulting Services) (Current Employee) –  Montreal, QC & Oakville, ONOctober 5, 2014
Resourceful organization - Offices based in Montreal, Quebec and Oakville, Ontario.
customer service
Customer service and order tracking (Former Employee) –  MontrealSeptember 8, 2014
A total lack of organization, all the staff as there way to work, no structure. Old computer system, the training is given by Employers leaving the company.

The supervisor is always on the phone with the husband and yell at him. You have a job if you are part of the gang if not they make sure you getting out.

It a real zoo there
Pros
free coffee
Cons
organization
The best place i've ever worked for.
Material Control Analysis / Co-ordinator (Former Employee) –  Milton, ONApril 23, 2014
Great environment, very good team, super management.
Daily responsibilities:
• Responsible for daily tracking and summary reporting of inventory adjustments, failed to picks
• Collaborates with receiving team on receiving errors
• Investigating outbound and inbound shipment errors between ABCC Distribution Centers.
• Creating Bill Backs, and Short Shipped Invoices to other ABCC Distribution Centers.
• Handling internal transfers (physical and systematical material movement) between ABCC Distribution Centers.
• Management of return goods, segregating expired and damaged products from sellable items. Physical and systematical product movement.
• Managing physical and systematical returns of discontinues, expired and damaged goods to Vendors or to product distraction facility.
• Responsible for daily, monthly and quarterly inventory expiry sweeps, and cycle counts
• Investigating Customer Claims on the Distribution Centre level and reporting findings to applicable departments within 24 hours.
• Working with Accounts Payable and Finance Departments regarding concerns such as denying or rejecting Vendor Claims and providing applicable proof documentation to receive maximum credit from Vendors.
• Creating spreadsheet reports, and providing accurate product information to Inventory team and other Departments to optimize daily activities.
• Responsible for Private Label inventory (managing quarterly cycle counts and expiry sweeps to meet customers’ expectations and deadlines)
• Responsible for product recalls. Prepare and file all documentation to meet Health Canada Standards. Communicate
  more... with Distribution Centre Operations Team and QC Department regarding recalled product. Affected inventory removal & return as per Supplier demand.
• Help to organize, prepare pre-counts and participate in physical inventory.
• Manage and supervise team of 4.
Pros
free cafe
Cons
company closed
Poor management, very old computer systems.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Montreal, QcApril 17, 2014
I worked as Administrative Assistant at ABCC. The job description was misleading, the overwork without any appreciation.

Throughout my short time there, I've come to notice that it's all about whether they like you or they don't. It's very "clicky".
Pros
2 free coffee machines, 1 hour lunch
Cons
stressfull environment, nothing makes sense, poor time management by management, lots of favoritism
Nice and clean place to work.
Order Picker (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONMarch 25, 2014
Good place to work but there were too much arguments between the employer and employees because the company was unionized.
Pros
no free lunch/parties.
Cons
overtime was available.
Productive and work fun environment
General Warehouse Associate/Order Picker (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONMarch 21, 2014
I enjoy working in this company, and was so sad when this company closed.
Pros
sometimes they gave free lunches.
Fair and equitable too bad they sold their Canadian division.
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Matheson Blvd.March 4, 2014
Fast paced environment, fully automated , unionized but managed to a high degree of productivity. People / co-workers /culture was the best part of the job.
Pros
fully auomated, clean
Cons
company closed shop in july 2013.
Excellent management, great environment, enjoyed going to work every day.
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABFebruary 24, 2014
AmerisourceBergan was certainly one of, if not, the best companies I have worked for. The management in the Calgary office were among the most professional and friendliest that I have had to opportunity to work for. In fact the management to employee relationship felt more like a friendship.

The working conditions were excellent as there was strong encouragement and motivation from all employees from all departments to work hard and have fun making the atmosphere feel more positive.

If not for a company closure resulting in being laid-off I would have certainly continued to advance my career with AmerisourceBergen.
Pros
independent working conditions.
Cons
long hours on the highway.
Poor Management and Unprofessional
Finance (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ONJanuary 23, 2014
No job security, terrible management, overworked, stressful, harassment is accepted as HR does nothing, never acknowledged for a job well done, treat employees like slaves and no respect from management at all. No chance for advancement and very unprofessional in that management bases their assessments of you on a personal level rather than professional. Backstabbing is a way of life in this company. Very depressing place to work.
Pros
some great co-workers
Cons
bad management overall
working hard and you always doing right
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  matheson blvd mississuaga onNovember 28, 2013
Every morning we have a meeting with supervisor and they give our assignment and what are we are doing a inventory cycle count or expiry check in the rx area or fridge area or bulk area, after 3hours you should be stop your doing and you going to lunch. After your lunch you going to picking area .I'm going to fridge are for picking, invoicing and packing.Specially quality control, always check the product you got packed and going to right costumer.
Pros
30 mins. lunch and 15mins. break free
Cons
8hours daily from monday-friday 8 am - 4 pm.
Good
Account Payable Clerk (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ONNovember 7, 2013
Very professional. Company has established a reputation for providing quality service for employers