AmerisourceBergen

AmerisourceBergen Employee Reviews

A great place to work
Master Data Analyst (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON5 July 2016
My typical day was busy and it kept you updated on the most recent software and my co-workers were excellent, the hardest part of my job was not being able to complete all my word within the day.
a fun place to work at
Receptionist/ Invoice clerk (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON20 June 2016
i loved working at this company. i was always learning something new everyday.i was very loved by everyone.i loved my bosses they were so nice to me.i was an invoicer,shipper and recivier
A very professional environment to work in
Pharmacovigilance Associate II (Current Employee) –  Oakville, ON24 April 2016
A very professional environment to work in. However, the strict timelines the employees work with do force one to feel the stress once in a while
Fast paced, detail oriented, patient focused
Pharmacovigilance Specialist (Current Employee) –  Oakville, ON7 January 2016
A typical day consists of Working directly with internal and external client to report adverse events in accordance as per appropriate standard operating procedure and client needs. Extensive work with Microsoft Office programs as well as a variety of office equipment such as photocopier, fax, and scanner.
Pros
great people
Cons
strict timelines
work expierence
Shipping Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON20 April 2016
nice place to work. liked the atmosphere very rewarding. Management was good, but new director destroyed the company.
BILINGUAL CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE
Bilingual Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Oakville Ontario9 October 2015
I have been in customer service for over 20 years, this organization is very disorganized.
I was bullied and harassed by my Manager and Supervisor the second week I started. I reported them to HR, bottom line is I did not fit their culture....
Horrible place to work!!!
Pros
I beleive in the work
Cons
Very disorganized, never followed Policies and Procedures, Bullied and Harassed
Poor Management and Unprofessional
Finance (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON23 January 2014
No job security, terrible management, overworked, stressful, harassment is accepted as HR does nothing, never acknowledged for a job well done, treat employees like slaves and no respect from management at all. No chance for advancement and very unprofessional in that management bases their assessments of you on a personal level rather than professional. Backstabbing is a way of life in this company. Very depressing place to work.
Pros
Some great co-workers
Cons
Bad Management overall
working hard and you always doing right
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  matheson blvd mississuaga on28 November 2013
Every morning we have a meeting with supervisor and they give our assignment and what are we are doing a inventory cycle count or expiry check in the rx area or fridge area or bulk area, after 3hours you should be stop your doing and you going to lunch. After your lunch you going to picking area .I'm going to fridge are for picking, invoicing and packing.Specially quality control, always check the product you got packed and going to right costumer.
Pros
30 mins. lunch and 15mins. break free
Cons
8hours daily from monday-friday 8 am - 4 pm.
Very diverse work environment.
Warehouse Associate part-time (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON26 June 2013
Everyone there is very professional and friendly. The work day consists of cleaning up the work area, organize and supply the products to the drivers, and receiving products so we can put them on the shelves. Each person has there own job to do but it typically requires teamwork. I learned how to scan and ship products. The hardest part of the job is spending long periods of time in the fridge. The most enjoyable part of the job is putting away the products onto the shelves.
Pros
Free lunches from time to time
Cons
Can be physically taxing.
Poor management, very old computer systems.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Montreal, Qc17 April 2014
I worked as Administrative Assistant at ABCC. The job description was misleading, the overwork without any appreciation.

Throughout my short time there, I've come to notice that it's all about whether they like you or they don't. It's very "clicky".
Pros
2 Free coffee machines, 1 hour lunch
Cons
Stressfull environment, Nothing makes sense, Poor time management by management, Lots of favoritism
Excellent management, great environment, enjoyed going to work every day.
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB24 February 2014
AmerisourceBergan was certainly one of, if not, the best companies I have worked for. The management in the Calgary office were among the most professional and friendliest that I have had to opportunity to work for. In fact the management to employee relationship felt more like a friendship.

The working conditions were excellent as there was strong encouragement and motivation from all employees from all departments to work hard and have fun making the atmosphere feel more positive.

If not for a company closure resulting in being laid-off I would have certainly continued to advance my career with AmerisourceBergen.
Pros
Independent working conditions.
Cons
Long hours on the highway.
A good evening
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BC15 January 2013
Each days that we accomplished a certain of expectation from the supervisors, such as finishing the work with in 9 hrs including cleaning. Each following Friday we get to get a free lunch by our supervisors.
More people co-operated with each others and help each others to finish all the picking and packing, we all enjoy the rest of the night.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
stress, differents break times.
The worst management
Field Nurse (Former Employee) –  Canada10 August 2015
Micromanaging, employees are pushed into corners. You either do what they tell you or you are out. Unsafe practice, patients are just bodies.
Pros
No pros anymore
Cons
Unsupportive management
customer service
Customer service and order tracking (Former Employee) –  Montreal8 September 2014
A total lack of organization, all the staff as there way to work, no structure. Old computer system, the training is given by Employers leaving the company.

The supervisor is always on the phone with the husband and yell at him. You have a job if you are part of the gang if not they make sure you getting out.

It a real zoo there
Pros
Free Coffee
Cons
Organization
Management works without any future planning.
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON2 November 2012
Out of 100% part timers, 90% of part timers are very slow in working and they don't want to come to work on busy days. Some employees including full timers & part timers keep on talking in there working hours and they are not consentrating on the production and quality of work. Management is ignoring all these things and they are not taking any action.
Not with the times
Employee (Former Employee) –  Ontario29 January 2013
AmerisourceBergen Canada is not a company that i would recommend to anyone. They are using software that is 20+ years that are behind the times and full of empty promises. They are not willing to listen to logic and everyone does their own thing instead of focusing on a common goal. Moral is poor which makes for long days.
Cons
out of date, poor communication, not willing to listen.
Great team works
Administrative/Payroll Assistant (Former Employee) –  Richmond BC3 July 2013
as an administrative assistant position at AmerisourceBergen Canada (ABCC) where I absorbed a great deal of knowledge insight into the field of administration. My time at AmerisourceBergen Canada allowed me to work side by side with ABCC managers on matters regarding finance, corporate compliance and human resources.
Good company
Warehouse order picker/shipper (Former Employee) –  Milton, ON21 May 2013
Good company to work with , good people with good atmosphere , good supervisors and nice place to work. What i learned is hope for the best but prepare for the worst. Hardest part was to work long hours and enjoyable part was people and supervisor were very friendly and workplace felt like home
ok place to work at if you have a flexible schedule
Invoicing Clerk (Former Employee) –  kingston on6 January 2014
-standing on your feet for the whole day
-fast pace environment
-relaxed management
-wide diversity of co workers
-inconsistent schedule because of work demands
-being able to listen to music all shift.
Pros
christmas parties/ holiday dinners
Cons
unpredictable hours
It is a good company to work with.
Order picking, packaging, Data entry and Auditor (Current Employee) –  Milton4 May 2013
It is a good company to work with.I upgraded my computer skills at this company . I was feeling great to work in team environment and was part of the audit and making sure the orders were shipped correctly.
Pros
work environment.
Cons
It is closing down.