AmerisourceBergen Employee Reviews

Turmoil
Senior Manager (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC9 May 2017
Always growing, which is a good thing, however growth means change. They lack clear direction and a strong vision of where the company is going. Too many changes without thinking them through. Lot's of A type personalities that want to make decisions without listening to feedback. I would not recommend for this reason.
Pros
good work/life balance, compensation, bonus
Cons
Not feeling valued, too much unguided change
work remotely
Nurse Case Manager - Remote (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC10 January 2017
This company really cares for its employees and about the service it provides. They have free training online as well as monthly in house offerings. They provide yearly reviews and salary increases, if warranted.
Pros
Benefits, Training, Management
Great company
A/QPIC and QA/QC Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BC27 December 2016
This company gave everything you would need to latch on and become a lifer. Room to grow, great benefits and steady work. Always looking to evolve and help their employees evolve as well.
The most unethical company I have ever seen
Reimbursement (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON19 December 2016
Extremely unprofessional, horrible work environment for work from home employees. Bullying, retaliating, and no one there is qualified to be in their positions. Everyone does what they want, there are no rules and therefore you will get targeted almost immediately. The reviews are wrong, they have people quitting all the time. Stay away.
A great place to work
Master Data Analyst (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON5 July 2016
My typical day was busy and it kept you updated on the most recent software and my co-workers were excellent, the hardest part of my job was not being able to complete all my word within the day.
a fun place to work at
Receptionist/ Invoice clerk (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON20 June 2016
i loved working at this company. i was always learning something new everyday.i was very loved by everyone.i loved my bosses they were so nice to me.i was an invoicer,shipper and recivier
A very professional environment to work in
Pharmacovigilance Associate II (Current Employee) –  Oakville, ON24 April 2016
A very professional environment to work in. However, the strict timelines the employees work with do force one to feel the stress once in a while
work expierence
Shipping Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON20 April 2016
nice place to work. liked the atmosphere very rewarding. Management was good, but new director destroyed the company.
good benefits
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Oakville, ON2 February 2016
The benefits are very good.

The company does not have the option of working from home. That is a negative, especially in the wnter.
Fast paced, detail oriented, patient focused
Pharmacovigilance Specialist (Current Employee) –  Oakville, ON7 January 2016
A typical day consists of Working directly with internal and external client to report adverse events in accordance as per appropriate standard operating procedure and client needs. Extensive work with Microsoft Office programs as well as a variety of office equipment such as photocopier, fax, and scanner.
Pros
great people
Cons
strict timelines
"Don't believe the hype"
Innomar Strategies (Current Employee) –  Oakville, ON12 October 2015
Management is the worst. Inexperienced people are often hired and placed in these positions without any idea of true leadership. Nor is the company willing to train a manager to be a better leader. It is a very autocratic atmosphere. The managers push to get maximum efficiency from the workers and do not offer any positive reinforcements when a job is well done.

They continually boast about being leaders in the field in every meeting and yet there is high turnover (employees and managers alike). There is a glass ceiling. There market shares are less then their competitors.

Human Resources is equally inept. Complaints go unanswered and problems continue. Human Resources is not their to help the employees but only to help the few managers there suppress the front line workers. There is no help form Human Resources.

If you are not part of the popular group you soon find your days so uncomfortable you are forced to leave.

There are some really nice people there, teamwork is good. It has to be to combat the inept managers- (the enemy of my enemy is my friend). On a positive note your first year will be comfortable before the reality of the company sets in.

The reason I have stayed for so long is for the patients. Job satisfaction is high. Our job truly matters to the patients involved. We get help for the most needy, sick and pain-filled of society.

We are asked to advocate for the patients we have assigned to us, but don't REALLY push for any one patient though. Even if you QUESTION a managers autocratic authority, even to HELP a patient, it will quickly get
  more... you out of the popular group (and you could be pushed out altogether).

It is a building full of young cute employees. If you are not one of these then you will not likely be hired.

No monetary bonuses are given to a bilingual employee - you get to be on the French phone lines doing extra work then the uni-lingual for no added benefit.

[The mentality of the managerial hierarchy of the entire company is just 'gimme gimme'. For example, to show appreciation to all employees, food trucks were brought in. Employees were expected to pay for their own food... but 'pop' was provided by the company.]
Pros
Employees are given leftovers to eat. There is a healthy atmosphere.
Cons
No positive reinforcements or acclamations for a job well done.
Bilingual customer service representative
Bilingual Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Oakville Ontario9 October 2015
I have been in customer service for over 20 years, this organization is very disorganized.
I was bullied and harassed by my Manager and Supervisor the second week I started. I reported them to HR, bottom line is I did not fit their culture....
Horrible place to work!!!
Pros
I beleive in the work
Cons
Very disorganized, never followed Policies and Procedures, Bullied and Harassed
productive and nice place to work
Inventory Control Analyst (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON7 October 2015
management was good and responsible.all associate ideas and concerns were reviewed and settled.main problem was UNION
The worst management
Field Nurse (Former Employee) –  Canada10 August 2015
Micromanaging, employees are pushed into corners. You either do what they tell you or you are out. Unsafe practice, patients are just bodies.
Pros
No pros anymore
Cons
Unsupportive management
No Sympathy for Employees
Implementation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Canada25 July 2015
Managers are selfish, pressure on them to manage budgets and climb the ladder rather than advance the career of employees
fast paced and dynamic work environment.
Bilingual Patient Caseworker/Reimbursement (Former Employee) –  Oakville, Ontario21 April 2015
Fast paced work environment where the patients needs are the priority. I worked primarily with French speaking patients ensuring the highest level of confidentiality and care.
Fun workplace
Inventory Controller II (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK18 March 2015
Calm and relaxing environment.

Staffs faced their daily work and interact during lunch.

Was a nice place to work except from the moment it was purchased by another company and they had to lay off all the employee.
Great company
Manager & Reimbursement and Infusion Specialist (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON14 October 2014
great comoany; nothing bad to say.szddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd
Resourceful organization
Manager, Market Access (Consulting Services) (Current Employee) –  Montreal, QC & Oakville, ON5 October 2014
Resourceful organization - Offices based in Montreal, Quebec and Oakville, Ontario.
customer service
Customer service and order tracking (Former Employee) –  Montreal8 September 2014
A total lack of organization, all the staff as there way to work, no structure. Old computer system, the training is given by Employers leaving the company.

The supervisor is always on the phone with the husband and yell at him. You have a job if you are part of the gang if not they make sure you getting out.

It a real zoo there
Pros
Free Coffee
Cons
Organization

Ask a question about working or interviewing at AmerisourceBergen. Our community is ready to answer.