AmerisourceBergen Corporation

AmerisourceBergen Corporation Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
"Don't believe the hype"
Innomar Strategies (Current Employee), Oakville, ONOctober 12, 2015
Pros: Employees are given leftovers to eat. There is a healthy atmosphere.
Cons: No positive reinforcements or acclamations for a job well done.
Management is the worst. Inexperienced people are often hired and placed in these positions without any idea of true leadership. Nor is the company willing to train a manager to be a better leader. It is a very autocratic atmosphere. The managers push to get maximum efficiency from the workers and do not offer any positive reinforcements when a job is well done.

They continually boast about being leaders in the field in every meeting and yet there is high turnover (employees and managers alike). There is a glass ceiling. There market shares are less then their competitors.

Human Resources is equally inept. Complaints go unanswered and problems continue. Human Resources is not their to help the employees but only to help the few managers there suppress the front line workers. There is no help form Human Resources.

If you are not part of the popular group you soon find your days so uncomfortable you are forced to leave.

There are some really nice people there, teamwork is good. It has to be to combat the inept managers- (the enemy of my enemy is my friend). On a positive note your first year will be comfortable before the reality of the company sets in.

The reason I have stayed for so long is for the patients. Job satisfaction is high. Our job truly matters to the patients involved. We get help for the most needy, sick and pain-filled of society.

We are asked to advocate for the patients we have assigned to us, but don't REALLY push for any one patient though. Even if you QUESTION a managers autocratic authority, even to HELP a patient, it will quickly get – more... you out of the popular group (and you could be pushed out altogether).

It is a building full of young cute employees. If you are not one of these then you will not likely be hired.

No monetary bonuses are given to a bilingual employee - you get to be on the French phone lines doing extra work then the uni-lingual for no added benefit.

[The mentality of the managerial hierarchy of the entire company is just 'gimme gimme'. For example, to show appreciation to all employees, food trucks were brought in. Employees were expected to pay for their own food... but 'pop' was provided by the company.] – less
The best place i've ever worked for.
Material Control Analysis / Co-ordinator (Former Employee), Milton, ONApril 23, 2014
Pros: free cafe
Cons: company closed
Great environment, very good team, super management.
Daily responsibilities:
• Responsible for daily tracking and summary reporting of inventory adjustments, failed to picks
• Collaborates with receiving team on receiving errors
• Investigating outbound and inbound shipment errors between ABCC Distribution Centers.
• Creating Bill Backs, and Short Shipped Invoices to other ABCC Distribution Centers.
• Handling internal transfers (physical and systematical material movement) between ABCC Distribution Centers.
• Management of return goods, segregating expired and damaged products from sellable items. Physical and systematical product movement.
• Managing physical and systematical returns of discontinues, expired and damaged goods to Vendors or to product distraction facility.
• Responsible for daily, monthly and quarterly inventory expiry sweeps, and cycle counts
• Investigating Customer Claims on the Distribution Centre level and reporting findings to applicable departments within 24 hours.
• Working with Accounts Payable and Finance Departments regarding concerns such as denying or rejecting Vendor Claims and providing applicable proof documentation to receive maximum credit from Vendors.
• Creating spreadsheet reports, and providing accurate product information to Inventory team and other Departments to optimize daily activities.
• Responsible for Private Label inventory (managing quarterly cycle counts and expiry sweeps to meet customers’ expectations and deadlines)
• Responsible for product recalls. Prepare and file all documentation to meet Health Canada Standards. Communicate – more... with Distribution Centre Operations Team and QC Department regarding recalled product. Affected inventory removal & return as per Supplier demand.
• Help to organize, prepare pre-counts and participate in physical inventory.
• Manage and supervise team of 4. – less
Excellent management, great environment, enjoyed going to work every day.
Delivery Driver (Former Employee), Calgary, ABFebruary 24, 2014
Pros: independent working conditions.
Cons: long hours on the highway.
AmerisourceBergan was certainly one of, if not, the best companies I have worked for. The management in the Calgary office were among the most professional and friendliest that I have had to opportunity to work for. In fact the management to employee relationship felt more like a friendship.

The working conditions were excellent as there was strong encouragement and motivation from all employees from all departments to work hard and have fun making the atmosphere feel more positive.

If not for a company closure resulting in being laid-off I would have certainly continued to advance my career with AmerisourceBergen.
Very diverse work environment.
Warehouse Associate part-time (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONJune 26, 2013
Pros: free lunches from time to time
Cons: can be physically taxing.
Everyone there is very professional and friendly. The work day consists of cleaning up the work area, organize and supply the products to the drivers, and receiving products so we can put them on the shelves. Each person has there own job to do but it typically requires teamwork. I learned how to scan and ship products. The hardest part of the job is spending long periods of time in the fridge. The most enjoyable part of the job is putting away the products onto the shelves.
working hard and you always doing right
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee), matheson blvd mississuaga onNovember 28, 2013
Pros: 30 mins. lunch and 15mins. break free
Cons: 8hours daily from monday-friday 8 am - 4 pm.
Every morning we have a meeting with supervisor and they give our assignment and what are we are doing a inventory cycle count or expiry check in the rx area or fridge area or bulk area, after 3hours you should be stop your doing and you going to lunch. After your lunch you going to picking area .I'm going to fridge are for picking, invoicing and packing.Specially quality control, always check the product you got packed and going to right costumer.
Poor Management and Unprofessional
Finance (Former Employee), Burlington, ONJanuary 23, 2014
Pros: some great co-workers
Cons: bad management overall
No job security, terrible management, overworked, stressful, harassment is accepted as HR does nothing, never acknowledged for a job well done, treat employees like slaves and no respect from management at all. No chance for advancement and very unprofessional in that management bases their assessments of you on a personal level rather than professional. Backstabbing is a way of life in this company. Very depressing place to work.
Poor management, very old computer systems.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Montreal, QcApril 17, 2014
Pros: 2 free coffee machines, 1 hour lunch
Cons: stressfull environment, nothing makes sense, poor time management by management, lots of favoritism
I worked as Administrative Assistant at ABCC. The job description was misleading, the overwork without any appreciation.

Throughout my short time there, I've come to notice that it's all about whether they like you or they don't. It's very "clicky".
BILINGUAL CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE
Bilingual Customer Service (Former Employee), Oakville OntarioOctober 9, 2015
Pros: I beleive in the work
Cons: Very disorganized, never followed Policies and Procedures, Bullied and Harassed
I have been in customer service for over 20 years, this organization is very disorganized.
I was bullied and harassed by my Manager and Supervisor the second week I started. I reported them to HR, bottom line is I did not fit their culture....
Horrible place to work!!!
A good evening
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee), Richmond, BCJanuary 15, 2013
Pros: free lunches
Cons: stress, differents break times.
Each days that we accomplished a certain of expectation from the supervisors, such as finishing the work with in 9 hrs including cleaning. Each following Friday we get to get a free lunch by our supervisors.
More people co-operated with each others and help each others to finish all the picking and packing, we all enjoy the rest of the night.
Management works without any future planning.
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONNovember 2, 2012
Out of 100% part timers, 90% of part timers are very slow in working and they don't want to come to work on busy days. Some employees including full timers & part timers keep on talking in there working hours and they are not consentrating on the production and quality of work. Management is ignoring all these things and they are not taking any action.
Not with the times
Employee (Former Employee), OntarioJanuary 29, 2013
Cons: out of date, poor communication, not willing to listen.
AmerisourceBergen Canada is not a company that i would recommend to anyone. They are using software that is 20+ years that are behind the times and full of empty promises. They are not willing to listen to logic and everyone does their own thing instead of focusing on a common goal. Moral is poor which makes for long days.
customer service
Customer service and order tracking (Former Employee), MontrealSeptember 8, 2014
Pros: free coffee
Cons: organization
A total lack of organization, all the staff as there way to work, no structure. Old computer system, the training is given by Employers leaving the company.

The supervisor is always on the phone with the husband and yell at him. You have a job if you are part of the gang if not they make sure you getting out.

It a real zoo there
Great team works
Administrative/Payroll Assistant (Former Employee), Richmond BCJuly 3, 2013
as an administrative assistant position at AmerisourceBergen Canada (ABCC) where I absorbed a great deal of knowledge insight into the field of administration. My time at AmerisourceBergen Canada allowed me to work side by side with ABCC managers on matters regarding finance, corporate compliance and human resources.
Good company
Warehouse order picker/shipper (Former Employee), Milton, ONMay 21, 2013
Good company to work with , good people with good atmosphere , good supervisors and nice place to work. What i learned is hope for the best but prepare for the worst. Hardest part was to work long hours and enjoyable part was people and supervisor were very friendly and workplace felt like home
ok place to work at if you have a flexible schedule
Invoicing Clerk (Former Employee), kingston onJanuary 6, 2014
Pros: christmas parties/ holiday dinners
Cons: unpredictable hours
-standing on your feet for the whole day
-fast pace environment
-relaxed management
-wide diversity of co workers
-inconsistent schedule because of work demands
-being able to listen to music all shift.
It is a good company to work with.
Order picking, packaging, Data entry and Auditor (Current Employee), MiltonMay 4, 2013
Pros: work environment.
Cons: it is closing down.
It is a good company to work with.I upgraded my computer skills at this company . I was feeling great to work in team environment and was part of the audit and making sure the orders were shipped correctly.
Fair and equitable too bad they sold their Canadian division.
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee), Matheson Blvd.March 4, 2014
Pros: fully auomated, clean
Cons: company closed shop in july 2013.
Fast paced environment, fully automated , unionized but managed to a high degree of productivity. People / co-workers /culture was the best part of the job.
Very disorganized from day one, very poor management in terms of direction, goals,and objectives.
Regional Sales Representative (Former Employee), Toronto OntarioJune 11, 2013
Pros: dealt with excellent and understanding customers
Cons: very poor overall service levels
very unprofessional in dealing with customers and employees
Fun place to work
Associate (Current Employee), Regina, SKJune 24, 2013
a typical day t work is demanding and requires the ability to multitask and work with the different teams.
i leaned how to be a good team player and how to work under pressure and the ability to multitask.
m co-workers are amazing and friendly
Virtualization Admin / System Admin
Virtualization Admin / System Admin (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONJanuary 14, 2013
I have the pleasure working in Amerisourcebergen i enjoyed working with very professional environment aswell as vendors, customers, professional peers and upper management.