The Personal Care Specialist for the Program is responsible for managing specific on- boarding of patients in a given geographical area. The individual will work directly with patients and liaise with Field Case Managers who will work closely with the patients' physicians to provide proactive and seamless services with respect to the program by assessing the needs of each patient such that the service levels provide a clear differentiating factor between this Program and other patient support programs. The resulting objective of this superior and proactive service will be increased patient enrolment in the program and improved patient outcomes.
The position reports to a District Manager
- Be the primary contact person for patients
- Ensures coordination of patient services in a timely manner resulting in a quick and continued access to therapy
- Performs a welcome call to gather information and introduce each patient to the program
- Educates the patient on program services, including but not limited to injection training, pharmacy options, reimbursement support and adherence card.
- Manages all aspects of public and private coverage as well as additional financial assistance if applicable
- Works collaboratively with other team members in varying roles, to coordinate the patient journey and ensure patient on-boarding
- Coordinates and manage all aspects required in order to obtain and maintain prescription drug coverage for patients
- Ensures coordination of patient services in a timely manner
- Coordination of prescriptions (initial and renewal)
- Ad hoc duties as assigned
- Direct link to customer satisfaction.
- Direct impact on access to drug.
- Potential impact on patient confidence to start treatment
- College DEC required
- Bachelor's degree an asset
- A minimum of two (2) years in public or private third party reimbursement arena, call center setting or pharmaceutical industry in sales, managed care, clinical support, or related experience
- Knowledge of public, private and federal reimbursement an asset
- Strong computer skills
- Strong analytical skills including interpretation of regulation and legislation.
- Ability to communicate and comprehend medical information
- Demonstrated teamwork abilities
- Strong organizational skills, creative problem solving and results oriented.
- Good negotiating skills
- Strong sense of urgency
- Ability to cope with increases in workload
- Ability to communicate effectively with different types of clients
- Previous work using a CRM system an asset
- Project management skills
- Call center experience an asset
- Knowledge of SalesForce.com (or any CRM system) an asset
- Knowledge of all aspects of public & private coverage an asset
- Bilingual French required for the Ontario position.
- Ability to work autonomously
- Basic CCPE an asset
- Excellent telephone etiquette, superior verbal and written communication skills, interpersonal skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to coordinate various patient services in a timely manner resulting in quick and continued access to therapy (Works collaboratively with other services to coordinate patient journey).
- Must be able to work from home and have a home based office space
- Office space must accommodate equipment supplied by ABSG
- Work environment must accommodate "work-with days" with District Manager
Indeed - 7 months ago