The Field Case Manager for the program is responsible for managing all aspects of the program for assigned physicians in a given geographical area or hospital. The individual will work directly with the physicians and or the office staff to provide proactive and seamless services with respect to the program by accessing the ongoing needs of each MD/office such that the service levels provide a clear differentiating factor between this Program and other patients' support programs. The resulting objective of this superior and proactive service will be to increase the patient program enrolment and improved patient outcomes. Knowledge in regional government payer policies and procedures is required. Regular travel to various MD offices is a primary responsibility of the role.
This position will report to a District Manager
- Be the single point of contact with physicians
- Identify areas for risk and foster proactive, continued quality improvement.
- Assist MDs in completing Special Authorization (SA) forms, enrolment forms, prescription renewals, and other documentation
- Provide ongoing updates to MDs on patient status
- Provide therapy guidelines to manage physician expectations with respect to reimbursement
- Work collaboratively with sales representatives
- Provide detailing/program explanation, in particular to MDs with low to no enrolment volume
- Have the ability to manage multiple tasks and priorities at once
- Customize current program elements to meet the needs of assigned top prescribing physicians: adjust based on in clinic and remote MD needs.
- Work in the field and perform regular services calls with MD and/or Office staff
- Interpretation of patient charts in order to effectively complete necessary paperwork to obtain coverage
- Ability to effectively describe medical history
- Follow up with MD to insure patient has commenced drug treatment
- Responsible for providing customized monthly reports to physicians
- Adhoc duties as assigned
- Can be in contact with multiple sales reps and district managers
- Position Requirements:
- Registered Nurse (RN) required
- Practice management experience preferred.
- Ability to engage with a physician and his/her staff as a trusted and well-informed medical counterpart
- Ability to communicate and comprehend medical information / read patient charts
- Ability to work with minimal supervision, autonomously
- Basic CCPE an asset
- Must have a valid driver's license and possess a car
- Requires a minimum of four (4) to five (5) years in public or private third party reimbursement arena or pharmaceutical sales experience, managed care, or clinical support, or related experience
- Should include medical background we are looking for
- Experience in a clinical setting an asset
- Superior customer service skills
- Demonstrated teamwork abilities
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and priorities at once
- Ability to read and interpret patient charts
- Strong writing skills and comprehension of medical terminology
- Previous Case Manager experience an asset
- Strong analytical skills including interpretation of regulation and legislation.
- Strong organizational skills, creative problem solving and results oriented.
- Strong time and project management skills and sense of urgency
- Ability to analyze current enrollment volume by MD
- Ability to analyze enrollment potential based on prescription volume of other biologics
- Ability to build and maintain relationships with physicians
- Ability to call on HCPs
- Ability to conduct CHE events with HCPs
- Interact with Data Entry Specialists (follow-up & missing info)
- Lower tier MDs should be offered only minimal services
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to speak multiple languages an asset
- Must be able to work from home and have a home based office space to accommodate equipment supplied by AmerisourceBergen Canada
- 50% travel to various clinics required regularly
- Work environment must accommodate "work-with days" with District Manager
Indeed - 6 months ago