Amerifleet Transportation

Amerifleet Transportation Employee Reviews

Self employed transporter
OTR Driver/CDL A (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GADecember 29, 2015
This is a driveaway company. Overall the the business itself is very pleasurable and exciting because you have the opportunity to experience driving a wide variety of vehicles and traveling all over the continental United States. The down side of the business deals with the cost of overall expenses versus what you actually make from your mileage and if you don't receive enough transport mileage or consistent vehicle orders then you could find yourself in a financial pickle far away from your home base. When working in this industry its recommended that you work for other driveaway companies in order to grow your network.
Pros
Enjoying the open road and experiencing the benefits of travel.
Cons
Expenses. Not enough pay, mileage or business to increase profits.
Unorganized and unprofessional
OTR (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 26, 2015
I began employnent as an independent contractor supposedly OTR. No benefits as an independent contractor. You pay for fuel, food, car rentals and lodging. If you are not driving constantly which depends on dispatchers getting you runs, most times your pay is small to none. You are SUPPOSE to be paid your remaining pay upon completion of the trip when you fax in paper work. It has taken almost a week to get paid as if you don't have financial responsibilities of your own. You are making money for the company but drivers make very little. Staff are unprofessional and disorganized. Other drivers are your support system, not the company. If you just want to travel and already have an income source...great piece of job. If you have to maintain mortage, car payment and bills, forget this job!!!
Pros
travel to different places and meeting new people.
Cons
poor pay....no benefits
Client Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAJuly 14, 2016
Over all I will give it a 5 star, only because when I interviews for the job I advised the hiring manager of what I had going on and they hired me but four months later use it against me.
A job to go see the country!
Driver/Part-time (Former Employee) –  Colmar, PAJuly 30, 2013
This is a wonderful place to work if you love to drive and love to see the country. You basically pick up vehicles from one location and deliver to another sometimes in other states. You can chose to be a local driver or go outside of the daily routine and see the country. You work when there is work, and you aren't stuck in the daily nine to five...but sometimes you have to put in some serious hours to drop off or pick up your vehicle. The only downfall to this is that your paychecks will vary and to keep them up, you have to work. Sometimes to have to deal with people who don't want their vehicles taken, but you deal with situations as it comes. If they had benefits, I probably would have still worked for this company.
Pros
travel, work when you want as much as you want
Cons
no benefits or steady paycheck
Transportation/fleet company
Trainer (Former Employee) –  South Bend, INJuly 30, 2014
I was responsible for training new hires. A typical day included me going through applications and look for potential people to hire. After that set up training site and date. Travel 50% of the time. Management was enjoyable, we had good times. The hardest part of the job was employee screenings. Negative drug test results or no valid license, or something that would come back on criminal check that would prevent someone from being hired.
Pros
free use of company vehicle, gas included. free meals, and ok benefits.
Cons
short periods when there was no work.
Don't stop here keep looking!
Auto Service Delivery Professional (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 21, 2013
It's really not a good place to work. They don't give raises. I've been with this company 3 years and never got 1. And they don't care about there employees. I've been good to this company and they just give you there a** to kiss!
Pros
works with your schedule.
Cons
don't offer benefits!
Unprofessional
Driver (Current Employee) –  Colmar, PAMarch 24, 2015
Not all, but some employees were extremely unprofessional. I witnessed a driver get fired by someone not under management, because he was obese "& didn't fit" as they would say. We are treated poorly, poorly paid and often disrespected. Instead of using windshield wipper fluid, service employee used water as a substitute. And, employees will not hesitate to mention their stripping - pole dancer, background in the suggested professional office setting. Work ethics are often overlooked. If you're looking for growth, professionalism, stability and respect, this is not the job for you.
Pros
Weekly/Daily Pay
Cons
Poor management, unprofessional employees, discrimatory work environment
Diverse environment
Staff Accountant (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GADecember 19, 2013
Diverse environment, great benefits, no room for advancement
Pros
education reimbursement
DELIVERIES TO CLIENTS
Local driver (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAMarch 18, 2013
ATIPICAL DAY WAS TO GET YOUR ASSIGNMENT AND DRIVE 2 TO 4 HOURS AWAY TO DELIVER A VEHICLE. WHAT I LEARNED WAS HOW TO READ A MAP AND A GPS, HOW THE JOB WAS DONE AND HOW TO DEAL WITH ANGRY CLIENTS.MANAGEMENT WAS GREAT BECAUSE THEY WOULD BE IN THE FIELD JUST LIKE THE REST OF THE WORKERS.MY CO-WORKERS WERE A NICE BUNCH OF MEN WHO WAS ALWAYS WILLING TO HELP IN ANY WAY AT ALL.THE HARDEST PART OF THE JOB WAS DRIVING FOR 12 TO 16 HOURS A DAY.THE MOST ENJOYABLE PART OF THE JOB WAS GOING TO DIFFERENT CITIES AND STATES ALL OVER THE U.S.
Pros
the long hours of driving, the pay pre hour
Cons
testing driving the new and used car before delivery
Freedom over the road transportation driver coast to coast
Nationwide Fleet Transporter (Former Employee) –  Alsip, ILJanuary 26, 2015
It was a great job for my life style I would be on the road for 2-3 months at a time driving from state to state delivering brand new vehicles/trucks to owners, companies or employees coast to coast. I was able to travel the USA 7 times it really was a dream job. Hardest part was weather conditions snow, sleet, ice, black ice, fridget temperatures putting chains on tires. The majority of the time you are alone on this job so if you are good at directions have a GPS arent afraid of going out of your comfort zone then you will do well!
Pros
travel
Cons
long hours and away from home for months at a time
Delivery and Retrieval of small to large Fleet owned vehicles per your local Dispatcher.
Field Customer Service Rep., Driver (Current Employee) –  Colmar, PAOctober 1, 2015
If you like to drive different types of vehicles and want to keep moving, this is a good job. Pay by the mile for Local, Regional and Over the road routes.
Pros
Easy work
Cons
Independent Contractor status
poor management and unorganized
title and registration (Former Employee) –  alpharetta gaJuly 10, 2015
I worked there as a temp and I wouldnt reccomend this company.. Poor management and no proper training. They just want you to figure things out on your own. The employees are not professional or friendly. Its a very hostile environment.
Pros
flexible work schedule
Cons
lack of training
Okay work environment.
DATA ENTRY CLERK (Former Employee) –  ALPHARETTA, GAJune 8, 2015
I pretty much performed data entry for the company. I was in a small department of only 3 people. My direct supervisor was not a good leader at all. She did not really train me well. Some things she forgot to tell me would come back as errors and she would fault me for them. When I addressed it, she pretended like she did not care and from then on never really spoke to me.
Pros
Not too many pros.
Cons
Poor training, lack of communication.
A Great way to work on people skills
Field Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAJuly 1, 2014
You are assigned to pick up a vehicle and deliver it to the customer. The delivery and pickup can be in a different state or city. You usually have to cover hundred of miles in a day. All expenses paid except your personal expenses (food and cell bill). I learned you have to be very patient, communicate well, manage time, manage money, plan each assignment, equip yourself with a laptop, tablet, and GPS, and expect to experience many non productive hours on the road. Management is as good as the person you deal with. Co-workers are the best friends you have on the road. They will be there for you. The hardest part of the job is satisfying every customer, The most enjoyable part of the job is working with dispatchers that vested in drivers by ensuring they have what is needed to complete their assignment(s). Also you get to see how beautiful the United States looks from a road warrior's point of view.
Pros
able to visit 45 out of 48 states in about a year
Cons
wages need to be better, a lot of alone time.
Poor management and work Conditions
Ex ACE Driver (Former Employee) –  INSeptember 19, 2012
Sales force,and management do not know the DOT rules and regulations. Long hours, half the pay, and cutting corners on safety does not make for a responsible company.
Pros
friendly co workers and customers
Cons
everything else
Daily
Tag and Tax Specialist/ Account Rep. (Current Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAMay 14, 2014
I love Amerifleet and actually am going on my 4th year there. I was there as a temp through Express.

Daily is very busy with non-stop tag requests, tax requests and account followup/questions. Most of my days I eat my lunch at my desk. I do not mind as I am a work-a-holic.

I recently interviewed with another department that would have paid me more but my manager refused to let me go to that department and nominated my team mate / helper. Then I had to train another person to help me. I felt stuck and sad. My helper moved up in the company and she had only been there 3 months. I have been loyal for almost 4 years with hardly missing a day and remained in my position.

I am honored he wanted to keep me, but at the same time they are always preaching they will advance and there will be opportunities. I felt I may have missed out on one but am thankful to still be where I am. I love my clients and my accounts.
Pros
well known business in the world of logistics
Cons
money and being held back
Made for people with no family
OTR (Over The Road Driver) (Current Employee) –  Long Beach, CAMarch 14, 2014
too many days away from my family. The pay doesn't equal out to the amount of time you are away from home or the risk you take traveling.
Pros
travel for free
Cons
the pay sucks
SOUNDS GREAT!!!! ON THE PHONE INTERVIEW!!!!
Over the road driver (Former Employee) –  colmarJanuary 1, 2014
When you get to the office, you will run into a driver. Ask Him or Her about the position. He or She will tell you the truth about how much money you will make. If you are looking for a flexable I have a job, I need a COUPLE dollars in my pocket, I need my parole officer off my back work enviorment! This is the place for you! If you have a Family, morgage and maybe want to save money for your retirement. GO TO TACO BELL!!!!! Take the job until another job is available! You have to drive 3000 miles a week to make a allright liven at this place, or take The local driving position only. Over the road drivers make squat!!! They will send you 5 to 6 states away with 90 dollars in hopes you can make it back and fourth with gas and tolls. NY TOLLS are $29 one way. (you catch my drift). Its the most stressfull job I've every had for a Grand total of 1,567.00 for 6 months of employment. Keep in mind you have to pay for your own meals. Get used to eating unhealthy fast food all of the time. or live on a roman noodle dite.
Pros
you get to see other states.
Cons
human reasoruce department
Nation wide operation
Transporter (Former Employee) –  Colmar, PAMarch 17, 2013
Planning logistics to accommodate clients needs
How to really travel
The management team made all the difference to ensure that we serviced the clients well
My co-workers looked out for each other out in the field
The hardest part of the job was sometimes getting stranded out on the road
The most enjoyable part of the job was making clients happy
Pros
i made cash money daily
Cons
i was a sub-contractor
Nice Learning Environment
Tier II Tech Support/ Help Desk (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GADecember 29, 2014
Manage tickets in a helpdesk environment
Technical Support for hardware and software for over 300+ employees most via remote (go-to-assistBuild / install and troubleshoot windows7 & 8.1 laptop lenovo’s E531-535 and desktop M2988. With docking stations
Administer, Setup, configured E1-E3 license and troubleshoot office (lync), (outlook) 365
Pros
more knowledge
Cons
no breaks only lunch

2.5