American Merchandising Specialists Employee Reviews

Don't apply
Field Represtivative Bissell (Former Employee) –  New Jersey17 September 2016
I took this position thinking it was going to be a good opportunity. Two weeks into the job position I became very overwhelmed of how they wanted things done on their terms regardless of how terrible the last rep left the territory. I was hired to clean up his mess along with getting my own work done. I came into this role and honestly everything was a mess, from the way the van was given to the territory they wanted me to run. I was behind in my work before I got a chance to start. For the pay it wasn't worth the stress or aggravation. Constant emails about machines being broke down like it was my fault but it was only my first week working. Very overwhelming and definitely not what I expected based on what I was told the job entailed.p
Very dirty and filthy Job
District Merchandising representative (Former Employee) –  Denver, CO.4 June 2015
If you like repairing and cleaning dirty used carpet cleaning machines that are rented through Pet stores which are full of pet hair and pet urine, this is the job for you!
Pros
some auto reimbursement
Cons
Lots of Travel
Does not have your back when problems occure
Retail Support Manager (Former Employee) –  Pharr Texas5 March 2015
AMS is a company that BOSCH used for employment. Bosch was a great company with great managers. AMS will not mediate for you.
Pros
Customer service with cliants
Cons
AMS will not find a way to resolve issues.
Company asked a lot for the money provided.
Merchandising Specialist (Former Employee) –  North Carolina14 April 2014
A very stressful company to work for. Too much management.

I drove over 25,000 miles / year with insufficient re-imbursment.

Lied to about my salary range. Liked working with different people,

but had a very large territory to cover. Company kept reducing

compensation.
Pros
Day would go fast.
Cons
Compensation.
Overall Ok company
Sales of Bosch power tools (Current Employee) –  Alb, NM3 November 2013
No room for advancement or raises. Schedule is good, Mon-Fri. Wish they had more opportunity for higher pay.
Grew too fast
Merchandiser, New England Region (Former Employee) –  Mooresville, NC17 October 2013
Visited retail stores and merchandised products to new planograms and special store sets.

I learned that without proper design and or preparation a company does not necessarily have a clue what is actually happening in the retail store. The planograms almost always have to be tweaked to fit each and every store as each has its little character and each store manager has his way of doing things.

A company that takes on too many projects without properly testing them in the field will set up employees to fail.
Total Dirtbags
Territory Manager (Former Employee) –  Austin, TX22 July 2013
I started with the promise that after a year company would contribute to 401K. At 11.5 months I was terminated along with everybody else who was hired when I was. I completely despise this company and the people that work there.
Pros
Nothing.
Excellent
Field Service Specialist - Northern (Former Employee) –  San Francisco Bay Area, CA3 April 2013
Excellent all the way around, I'd recommend AMS to anyone interested in working for a top-drawer merchandising company.
Pros
many
Great environment.
Merchandiser - Senior Team Leader (Former Employee) –  NY/ NJ3 July 2012
Excellent, stand up company to work for. I only left due to my inability to travel any longer. I'd recommend them to anyone in a heartbeat.
Good company to work for
Designated Sales Specialist (Former Employee) –  Alabama2 July 2012
Good company to work for would consider employment again. AMS excellent training for job performance.

2.8