American International Group

American International Group Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
ِ A place full of work and produciton
Financial Lines Leader (Former Employee), egyptMay 16, 2014
It was a wonderful place to work and I have learned a lot as I worked for AIGsince I graduated

Work environment was full of enthusiasm and seriousness and monitoring to deliver the highest levels of service to customers

I have learned that the man should keep his promises because insurance is a promise

Each working day was a journey for me, on the – more... level of salesو solving customer problems or assist customers in reporting incidents

And each month was a contest until we reach the required budget

The toughest moments, when one of the colleagues has to leave the company

The most enjoyable part of the work is reviewing the monthly and quarterly achievements

The Hardest part of the job was the responsibility of providing the right cover to the client which covers his risks – less
emerged with new vision and management team
Zonal Executive (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 27, 2014
Great training
Excellent management team
Expertise
Reputation
A great company to work for! Alas, it was only a temporary contract job!
Human Resources Assistant - AIG (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 22, 2013
Pros: nice people to work with; fun atmosphere...
Cons: short assignment!
The weekdays duties and tasks were divided as per a set schedule, but there were some slight variations sometimes, depending on various factors, as they arose.

Although the daily tasks were practically the same every week, there was never a dull moment, since the figures and accounts varied, as well as the clients, bringing along some kind of fun suspension.

As – more... an HR Assistant, I also had to provide support for the management team and had the opportunity to learn a lot from my managers and co-workers, as I offered my help around.

Having learned my duties early on soonest after I took on the job, everything came along easy.

The hardest part was when my assignment was finished, and I had to leave the company.

I so wished I could have stayed on permanently.... – less
Productive and fun
Internship in CMO (Former Employee), Jersey City, NJSeptember 11, 2014
Awesome environment to work for. Managers are very helpful especially if you are studying and doing internship they help you with your homework.
Day at Work
Dell Workflow Coordinator (Former Employee), Jersey City, NJSeptember 9, 2014
Pros: friendly co-workers
Cons: no advancement
A typical day at work as a workflow coordinator would be managing at least 200 tickets a day, answering phone calls from our follow technicians and responding to emails from your boss and clients
A great commercial insurance company!
Regional Human Resources Specialist (Former Employee), San Francisco, CASeptember 8, 2014
Pros: excellent benefit programs and work/life balance.
Cons: not enough hours in the day.
In my role as the Regional HR Specialist I partnered with a great management team and employee base. The environment was fast-paced with a lot of change and opportunities for growth and development. One of the hardest part of my job was trying to determine what to plan for a social activity, which was also the most enjoyable part of the job!
productive
Nesco Resource Temp (Former Employee), Dallas, TXSeptember 8, 2014
Pros: learn alot about different insurance
Cons: n/a
This job require that you know what insurance we take and what we don't take. Also, if were going to pay or not.
The great workplace
Administrative Assistant II (Current Employee), Boston, MASeptember 4, 2014
Pros: logan view in the window.
Cons: maybe healthcare but not sure
Morning Coffee, good mornings, smiles, PC, today's agenda, calls, meetings, coding, booking, Aspire, PPS, Concur, mail room, UPS, deliveries, shipping, calls, voice messages, greetings, next week calendar, calls. Claims, invoice reviews.

Calls, policy registrations, reservations, endorsements, travel arrangements, travel reports, printing, emailing, – more... filing, supplies, fax, calls, Help Desk, coding, booking, orders.
Bye-bye, smiles, see you tomorrow! -this is the typical day and this is the most enjoyable part at the same time.
I learn something new every single day. My managers are my teachers and I try to not disappoint them and do as much as I can to provide the best support every day. My co-workers are my friends and some of them are almost my family.
The hardest part of the job is to reach the office. – less
Good Work Environment
Business Analyst Consultant (Current Employee), New York, NYSeptember 4, 2014
Everyone is easy to work with. Hard working people with work first attitude.
Fun place to work
Data Analyst - Financial Compliance (Consultant) (Former Employee), New York, NYSeptember 4, 2014
Pros: good working hours
Cons: it is a fair place
It is a very active company and with many departments to interact.
Great Place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), San Diego, CASeptember 3, 2014
Pros: free catering every few months, bonuses
A typical work day consisted of phone follow up and file maintenance.

I learned how to properly deal with people on the phone, and how to use proper phone etiquette

My co-workers were very supportive and willing to help with any issues that may have risen.

There wasn't anything hard about the job at all

The most enjoyable part of the job was going – more... in everyday and interacting with everyone. The environment was very supportive. – less
Great Benefits and a Steady Job
Distribution Processor (Current Employee), Amarillo, TXSeptember 3, 2014
I enjoy working for AIG. Work a lot of overtime though, sometimes from 8am to 8pm. The Management is very friendly and always there to help.
HR Business Partner (Former Employee), New YorkSeptember 2, 2014
AIG was a great job. I had a lot of opportunity there and was able to handle many tasks.
Highly Recommended Employer
Information Officer (Former Employee), Jersey City, NJSeptember 1, 2014
Pros: strongly positioned in market
Forward thinking management. Good career development. Great co-workers. only have positive things to say and recommend applying for a position.
The company encourages training and skills enhancement.
Financial Analyst - CFO (Current Employee), New York, NYAugust 24, 2014
Pros: free drinks such as coffee chocolate teas and water
Cons: the department that makes the money rules
A good place to learn. The management encourages all employees to take up training and be responsible for their carreer advancement and or personal development.
Producting work enrionment without being micro managed
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), New York, NYAugust 20, 2014
Pros: management was very supportive of me pursuing an advanced degree
A typical day here was very busy one for me. I was able to learned how to package a tax filings for a corporation and importance of having a proof of mailing for all state and federal filings.
Good workpleace
Finance Specialist (Current Employee), BangaloreAugust 18, 2014
Pros: learning a lot
Cons: nothing
very Good work life and learning.efficient management and good prospective for learning.
No Leadership
Payroll Specialist (Current Employee), Houston, TXAugust 18, 2014
Pros: bonuses
Cons: no communication, no leadership
Too much turnover and no leadership. People in the payroll department do not work as a team and work together.
I enjoyed working for this company.
LIFE INSURANCE AGENT (Former Employee), Tampa, FLAugust 18, 2014
Pros: outstanding earning potential if you are willing to work for it.
Cons: difficult to produce in a slow economy.
A typical day was taking care of the paper work. Gathering the materials necessary for making sales calls. Making sales calls. Returning to office to process paper work and set up appointments for next day.
I learned that my job was to help people to improve their quality of life.
Management was super.
I had a great group of co-workers who for the most – more... part would go out of their way to help a co-worker.
New sales in a sluggish economy was the only difficult part of my job.
Meeting and being able to help people and their families was the most enjoyable part of my job. – less
Commission based life insurance sales
Financial Representative (Current Employee), Tucker, GAAugust 11, 2014
A typical day is spent prospecting, whether cold calling potential clients, dropping in on businesses, or calling referrals. I learned a great deal about life insurance and its importance. Management was accessible and knowledgeable and my co-workers were helpful. The hardest part of the job was prospecting or generating business. The most enjoyable – more... part of the job was educating clients and potential clients while providing a valuable service. – less

1 2 3 4 5

About American International Group

Even to this day American International Group (AIG) is one of the world's largest insurance firms. While it held the spotlight – Read more

American International Group Photos