American International Group

American International Group Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
ِ A place full of work and produciton
Financial Lines Leader (Former Employee), egyptMay 16, 2014
It was a wonderful place to work and I have learned a lot as I worked for AIGsince I graduated

Work environment was full of enthusiasm and seriousness and monitoring to deliver the highest levels of service to customers

I have learned that the man should keep his promises because insurance is a promise

Each working day was a journey for me, on the – more... level of salesو solving customer problems or assist customers in reporting incidents

And each month was a contest until we reach the required budget

The toughest moments, when one of the colleagues has to leave the company

The most enjoyable part of the work is reviewing the monthly and quarterly achievements

The Hardest part of the job was the responsibility of providing the right cover to the client which covers his risks – less
emerged with new vision and management team
Zonal Executive (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 27, 2014
Great training
Excellent management team
Expertise
Reputation
A great company to work for! Alas, it was only a temporary contract job!
Human Resources Assistant - AIG (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 22, 2013
Pros: nice people to work with; fun atmosphere...
Cons: short assignment!
The weekdays duties and tasks were divided as per a set schedule, but there were some slight variations sometimes, depending on various factors, as they arose.

Although the daily tasks were practically the same every week, there was never a dull moment, since the figures and accounts varied, as well as the clients, bringing along some kind of fun suspension.

As – more... an HR Assistant, I also had to provide support for the management team and had the opportunity to learn a lot from my managers and co-workers, as I offered my help around.

Having learned my duties early on soonest after I took on the job, everything came along easy.

The hardest part was when my assignment was finished, and I had to leave the company.

I so wished I could have stayed on permanently.... – less
Good workpleace
Finance Specialist (Current Employee), BangaloreAugust 18, 2014
Pros: learning a lot
Cons: nothing
very Good work life and learning.efficient management and good prospective for learning.
No Leadership
Payroll Specialist (Current Employee), Houston, TXAugust 18, 2014
Pros: bonuses
Cons: no communication, no leadership
Too much turnover and no leadership. People in the payroll department do not work as a team and work together.
I enjoyed working for this company.
LIFE INSURANCE AGENT (Former Employee), Tampa, FLAugust 18, 2014
Pros: outstanding earning potential if you are willing to work for it.
Cons: difficult to produce in a slow economy.
A typical day was taking care of the paper work. Gathering the materials necessary for making sales calls. Making sales calls. Returning to office to process paper work and set up appointments for next day.
I learned that my job was to help people to improve their quality of life.
Management was super.
I had a great group of co-workers who for the most – more... part would go out of their way to help a co-worker.
New sales in a sluggish economy was the only difficult part of my job.
Meeting and being able to help people and their families was the most enjoyable part of my job. – less
Commission based life insurance sales
Financial Representative (Current Employee), Tucker, GAAugust 11, 2014
A typical day is spent prospecting, whether cold calling potential clients, dropping in on businesses, or calling referrals. I learned a great deal about life insurance and its importance. Management was accessible and knowledgeable and my co-workers were helpful. The hardest part of the job was prospecting or generating business. The most enjoyable – more... part of the job was educating clients and potential clients while providing a valuable service. – less
Phoenix is a great place to live, loved the location of my job
District Office Coordinator (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZAugust 11, 2014
Pros: learned a great deal about retirement and money management
Cons: not enough hands on training
Great co-workers loved working with the public, could have used more specialized training
Like my job
Business Analyst (Current Employee), Houston, TXAugust 9, 2014
But need more money they do not pay well. Great people and allow us to do our jobs no one stands over me.
Great place to work.
Provider Bill Audit Reviewer (Current Employee), Alpharetta, GAAugust 9, 2014
Pros: we always have team breakfast or lunches when in the office.
Cons: no advancement.
The most enjoyable part of the job is that co-workers are like family. We have the ability to work from home 4 days a week.
Productive and nice working evironment
Insurance Financial Accountant (Current Employee), New York, NYAugust 7, 2014
I usually have a tie working schedule everyday. My work starts at 9:30. After I arrived, the first thing I do is to check my mail box and reply different emails, answer questions and follow up with requests. Around 10:30, I usually go talk to my managers about daily task arrangement, meeting schedules and discuss all the issues we need to take care – more... that day. I need to report to 2 managers currently and they are both very nice and friendly. Including myself, we have 5 coworkers in our finance team so far. They are all very professional work wise and friendly personal wise. I have learned a lot by working with them within my career and professional field.
Since I'm in a finance insurance industry, I have to work with all different insurance policies and need to develop different financial statement and accounting method according to each policy contract. This increased the complexity of my work. But due to the same reason, it enhanced my ability to learn fast enriched my professional knowledge in this field. – less
The company needs to go back to caring about there employees
accountant !! (Former Employee), Parsippany, NJAugust 6, 2014
Pros: dress down days are great
Cons: did not have company outings such picnics, christmas parties
Very stressful place to work, You do not know if you will have a job tomorrow. Work is being outsourced.

I learned a lot at AIG most of it was self taught. I liked challenges such as trying to get something that is needed by the Accounting Vice President to make sure that are receivables do not have any items of 90 days old. I was able to create a – more... report out of SAP to give me all of the receivables and give him a list of all items over 90 days.

Management was very nice and were very helpful.
Coworkers for the most part worked well with each other

The hardest part of my job was training the people that my job was being outsourced to.
Thee most enjoyable part of my job was taking on challenges – less
Lots of Change but great benefits
Technician (Current Employee), Alpharetta, GAAugust 5, 2014
This is a strong company to work for ,has great benefits but be ready for alot of change.
Good compensation, great benefits, amazing coworkers, some great management
Customer Claims Service Representative (Former Employee), Vestal, NYAugust 5, 2014
Pros: great coworkers, great benefits, good salary
Cons: some not so great management
Working for AIG was a great experience in certain senses. I have some of my best friends from working here, which I'll always be thankful. We were really on a team there. Many of our management staff were really very involved in our well being. You know who you are. A few were not so great, but the other's were awesome.

It was a stable job with great – more... benefits and a good salary for that area.

We went through a lot of changes in the time we were there, both management wise and procedure wise, but we always adapted. A good job for the time it lasted. – less
first job in IT great place to learn
Night Shift Manager (Former Employee), East Orange NJAugust 2, 2014
Bank no longer exists, was a great place to learn and develop
good place to learn and work
Internship (Former Employee), 180 maiden lane new yorkAugust 1, 2014
data analysis, reviewing models
Excel development, VBA, reading codes
work culture
read financial reports, arrange datas and files
AIG
Investigator case loads (Former Employee), Tampa, FLAugust 1, 2014
AIG is one of the largest Insurers in the world. I held a position which assisted in reducing risk and saving money for all lines claims. I assisted the field investigators in several states with logistics, case loads, storing evidence, maintaining reports, I also assigned some cases to third party vendors. I collaborated with internal Adjusters to – more... assist our field investigators, used various industry specific databases and Microsoft Office Suite programs, as well as passed an all lines 520 licensing exam with a score of 98%.

The most challenging part of the job was watching my coworkers being laid off and the transition of the Claims Adjusters to an at home work status. The large floor of the in the Regions building downtown in Tampa was empty most of the time in my last year.

I am a people person and thrive on the energy of those around me. My coworkers continue to be my friends and I value this greatly. – less
a large and dynamic company
Accounting Director - Litigation Support (Former Employee), New York, NY and Berkeley Heights, NJJuly 28, 2014
I am grateful for the opportunities afforded me at AIG. I learned a great deal about insurance, business and life during my 23 years at the company.
Excellent benefits
Executive Administrator (Former Employee), New York, NYJuly 23, 2014
Pros: great work environment
As Executive Administrative Coordinator I had many hats. I supported the VP/Treasurer and Controller. Coordinated corporate functions internally for out of town visitors, maintained calendars for 4 Controllers who reported to VP/Treasurer. Managed 4 Assistants for each Controller. Maintained a Salary Budget worksheet annually along with updates of each – more... employee transition (open and closed requisitions). Coordinated travels domestic and foreign. Ensured expenses were submitted and paid on a timely basis. – less
Productive, fun filled with activities, good managment
Catastrophic Modeling Associate (Current Employee), bangloreJuly 18, 2014
It is quite good company. I joined there as a fresher .AIG taught me many tools and helped me to improve my skill set.

1 2 3 4 5

About American International Group

Even to this day American International Group (AIG) is one of the world's largest insurance firms. While it held the spotlight – Read more

American International Group Photos