American International Group

American International Group Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
overall rating is excellent
Financial Planning & Analysis Manager (Current Employee), DubaiJuly 23, 2013
Overall rating is excellent. As per my observation, I have learnt a lot. The work environment is very friendly and my boss is very supportive.
Challenging and Deadline driven
Financial Analyst (Former Employee), London, ENGJanuary 23, 2013
Pros: acknowledgement of work
Cons: long hours
Working at AIG is truly rewarding for your career as there are many deadlines and ad hoc requests that the FP&A team need to respond to.

From day one you are exposed to the Executive committee and the MD where you are navigating them through their financials and targets.
Stressfull
Database Administrator (Current Employee), Makati City, PhilippinesOctober 17, 2012
Of course I learn new things everyday. Fun to be with the people I work with. That's actually the reason why I love working there. Though management appreciation is being begged. Compensation is not that OK in my region. I'm not sure in other regions.
Not good
Financial Advisor (Former Employee), USAApril 8, 2014
Pros: flexible
Cons: everything
Not what they tell you it will be.
Not good, very outdated, stay away.
Pleasant working environment
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), New York, NYApril 8, 2014
I enjoyed the pleasant working environment at this company.
Overall productive company
Underwriter's Assistant (Former Employee), Chicago, ILApril 8, 2014
working with underwriter's and brokers to insure prospective insurer's. Making telephone calls daily to make sure that the every day business would be completed.
Great Place To Work
Financial Advisor (Former Employee), Rio Grande ValleyApril 8, 2014
Pros: great product
Cons: inside management in some areas
It is a great diversified Company in some areas due to management can be a great place to work but can be also the worst place to work
A process oriented work environment using leading edge technologies.
Associate Information Officer (Former Employee), Parsippany, NJApril 7, 2014
A matrix organization with well documented process and project management.
Development offers rare unless you are senior management
Sr. Analyst (Former Employee), New York, NYMarch 30, 2014
Don't buy into the "development for everyone" campaign. They spend the money on advertising but don't back it up with anything substantial for individuals outside of the SMT.
emerged with new vision and management team
Zonal Executive (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 27, 2014
Great training
Excellent management team
Expertise
Reputation
Good wages for hard work with flexible schedule
Retirement Plan Specialist (Former Employee), Carmel, INMarch 27, 2014
Pros: schedule flexibility and pay
Cons: long nights at home calling clients and completing paperwork
I was able to set own schedule to meet with clients. I met them at their work place or at their home whichever was more convenient for them.

I learned face-to-face sales techniques for financial products and to discern between clients 'wants' and 'needs'.

Local management was extremely supportive in all facets of the job and did not micro-manage. – more... Regional and Home Office were not so much so.

Hardest part of the job was keeping up with the paperwork generated from client interactions, working on straight commission basis, and being available to client calls 24/7 (personal choice).

Most enjoyable part of the job was the flexibility of schedule and the solid, long standing relationships with clients while providing sound solutions to their personal financial issues. – less
Rebuilding Company
Premium Audit (Current Employee), Berkeley Heights, NJMarch 20, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: salary
Its ok. Was better, but layoffs quarterly. Direct managers treat you well, higher level treats you like a disposable number.
Challenging and fun workplace
HR Vendor Management Analyst (Former Employee), New York, NYMarch 17, 2014
Challenging and fun workplace. You will get to work with very smart and hardworking professionals.
Positive WorkPlace
Websphere Administrator (Former Employee), Livingston, NJMarch 15, 2014
Pros: not heavy work
Normal typical Work
LDAP, Firewalls, DMZ
Manger is good
Team Work
Cool envirnonment
I used to love this job!
Manager (Current Employee), New York, NYMarch 14, 2014
Pros: free dinner and car service after 7 pm
Cons: longer than normal hours
The work volume is extremely high. I respect my manager and co-workers. I enjoy meeting with my direct reports once a week for an hour to train, cross train, trade ideas, distribute work, etc. We usually meet in a relaxed "family dinner table" type setting. As a manager, I am in meetings all of the time. This is my way of showing them that I am engaged – more... in their work and I am not faceless. They work for me because they want to not because they have to. The hardest part of the job is dealing with the constant lay off rumors set forth to negatively drive productivity. There are no teams. There are people who will do ANYTHING to keep their jobs. If I wanted that type of culture, I would have gone into commision sales. – less
Good Old Boys Club
Sr. Facilities Space Planner & Project Manager (Former Employee), Wilmington, DEMarch 14, 2014
Pros: experience and lessons learned
Cons: very traditional, no integrity, shady business practices
I worked in the Facilities Department and had a great work experience that helped me to develop my skills, however was faced with challenges when trying to advance. Very shady and unethical business practices within the group. No integrity existed - hence their collapse
Was once a great company
Business Analyst (Former Employee), Parsippany, NJMarch 14, 2014
Pros: pto
Cons: might merge into a department with a manager who is uncomfortable with you.
Needs more diversity and better employee moral culture is doom and gloom. Culture and review process has created a cut throat environment.
Good work environment
Database and Application Developer (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAMarch 11, 2014
Pros: the work experience was satisfying and appreciated by the management.
Cons: the down turn in economy caused work force reduction and ended my job there.
The management was very receptive and open to my input to automate the task daily tasks by group of CPAs. My work helped to streamline and automate many tasks.
Only if nothing else is available
Senior Underwriter (Former Employee), Milwaukee, WiMarch 10, 2014
Pros: decent wages
Cons: everything else
Heavy caseload, unrealistic deadlines. No raises. Yearly evaluations pit all employee's against one another. Very toxic environment.
Productive and fun place to work.
Facilities Coordinator (Former Employee), Neptune City, NJMarch 10, 2014
Pros: in house cafeteria.
Cons: healthcare
Challenging position with a lot of coworkers and vendors interaction.

1 2 3 4 5

About American International Group

Even to this day American International Group (AIG) is one of the world's largest insurance firms. While it held the spotlight – Read more

American International Group Photos