American Express
1,403 reviews

American Express Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Call center environment
Full Time, Inbound Call Centre Customer Service (Former Employee), Markham, ONJune 6, 2012
Pros: large company, good benifits
Cons: long hours
Amex is a company that values intelligence. Casual atmosphere mostly. Management were professional.
I did enjoy the environement. Co-workers were professional.
Hardest part of the job was the hours. and the most enjoable part of the job was interaction with customers.
Overall a great company to work for
Bilingual Fraud Specialist (Former Employee), Markham, ONJune 4, 2012
Pros: hire's from within
Cons: far from the city
It is a very stable company, offers great potentials for internal advancements
Great place to work. Abundant in growth opportunities and internal training classes.
Senior Project Manager (Former Employee), Markham, ON / Phoenix, ArizonaMay 19, 2012
My day was 95% project related. I lead finance inititives that included involvement from different parts of the organization accross the U.S. as well as Canada, England, India and South America. It was generally high stress with aggressive deliverable timelines. I enjoyed the travel and working with many culturals. The most challenging aspect of the job was ensuring all communication was understood, and expectations were met, accross cultures and management groups.
My Life at Amex
Team Leader (Former Employee), Markham, ONMay 9, 2012
Pros: great working atmosphere, location
Cons: not enough focus on my own development
Going to work was a joy for me. Being in a leadership role truly gave me a sense of "belong" where I had the opportunity to make a difference in the lives of individuals by showing them their potential and helping them believe in themselves; elevating their confidence. Seeing the glass have full instead of half empty all the time. Putting our heads together..myself and my coworkers were a team. We tried to do things collaboratively and shared best practices for the betterment of the business. Understanding the company's vision from management and being able to carry this out to my team and break it down so they can understand the big picture is something that management always looks for. How effectively can you influence your people to get the best out of them. The hardest part of my job was keeping the momentum going without losing myself in the process. You'll never have the team 100%...but I belive in the 80/20 rule. Focus on those who are willing to work hard for you and who are driving results...and keep them motivated. Those who aren't...identify issues and put an action plan in place...if necessary performance manage. The most enjoyable part of my job was to see the growth and development of people whether it be mini break throughs or huge milestones...it's a gift that I give which is the giving of myself to others to see them succeed.
Great Place to Work
Taining Coach (Former Employee), New York, NTJanuary 22, 2015
Pros: compensation, benefits
Cons: frequent restructuring can lead to job loss
Great Company, benefits, and compensation.
Great Leadership
There is opportunity for advancement, just ensure you are a top performer and make to move quick.
work/life balance
Executive Assistant (Current Employee), New York, New YorkJanuary 22, 2015
work/life balance is great.

Amex is big on healthy living.

medical services are offiered to amex employees. Medical office located in tower
Managed and maintained relationships and communication with major clients.
National Account Manager (Former Employee), Salt Lake City, UtJanuary 21, 2015
Pros: the diversity of the new product was exciting
Cons: worked long days, a lot of traveling
I enjoyed working with the major retail clients, managing and assisting them to grow their gift card business.
Java developer - Only AZ
Technical Lead (Former Employee), Bangalore, KAJanuary 21, 2015
Hard working,
team player,
supportive,
done work on time
Great company
fun to work
Long hours with friendly service
Customer Care Professional Presort (Former Employee), Weston, FLJanuary 21, 2015
● Knowledgeable within presort● Drives improvement and solution● Addresses problems and shares best practices● Meet team goals also processses work in a timely manner ● Accomplished Daily SLA’s
Productive and fun place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Greensboro, NCJanuary 20, 2015
Pros: work from home
Cons: benefits
My typical day would be logging on to the phones and assisting the customer with there needs far as balances inquiries,reviewing products and services that would save the customer time and money
Productive and flexible place to work
Sr. Team Leader (Current Employee), Gurgaon, IndiaJanuary 20, 2015
One of the best places to work! The process and department you work in obviously makes a big difference and so is the leader that you work for however the overall ethics and environment of the work place is healthy. This provides great opportunities to grow your career.
Outstanding Company
Centurion Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Fort Lauderdale, FLJanuary 19, 2015
I worked with the highest clientele in the Centurion Department. I would receive inbound calls answering any questions, make payment, disputes or offering benefits to our clients. Also had to follow up with clients either with outbound calls, emails ect.
Third team to do the same project
Senior System Software Engineer (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZJanuary 19, 2015
It was the third team that tried to complete the same project for the same client. Should I say anything else here?
Great company and reputed brand name
Program Manager (Current Employee), Fort Lauderdale, FLJanuary 18, 2015
Nice company to work for. Not many opportunities for growth in Fort Lauderdale area. Parallel movement at director level restrict growth opportunities for individual contributors into director role. Flexible work culture. Frequent reorgs.People frequently concerned about job security.
Not committed to work life balance
Director (Former Employee), New York, NYJanuary 15, 2015
Pros: young high energetic work environment
Cons: not committed to work life balance
Organization talks a lot about work life balance but does not practice what the preach. While much of the organization preaches flexible work from home arrangements, not all parts of the organization subscribe to this philosophy. Many parts of the organization still adhere to the old school belief that you need to be seen by your boss to get credit for being at work. Environment is very competitive and results in impacts team approach to getting things done.
Organization is geared to the under 40 crowd, so if you are over 40 you need to watch out.
Busy Emergency Room
Customer Care Consultant (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZJanuary 15, 2015
Loved working in the emergency room. Helping patients, doctors and admitting the patients with insurance verification.
Good company to work for
Dispute Resolution Representative - (HVCM) (Former Employee), Plantation, FLJanuary 14, 2015
My experience at American Express was a positive one. The company offers a competitive compensation package. I learned a lot and truly enjoyed working there.
Great Company
Business Systems Analyst - Offshore (Former Employee), Mumbai, MHJanuary 14, 2015
Good Company to learn new things - Agile and Waterfall methodologies.
work life balance
Manager (Current Employee), New York NYJanuary 14, 2015
Pros: work life balance
Cons: benfits
I have worked at American Express for nearly 15 years holding various positions in the tax department. I enjoy working with my co-workers and over the years have enjoyed work life balance. In my current role I get to work with all aspects of tax.
Good learning experience with good work life balance.
Sr. ETL Developer (Former Employee), Pune, IndiaJanuary 14, 2015
I worked with Infosys technologies limited. American Express was my client. Working with American Express was a good learning express as I got to learn new advanced technologies within my stream of work. Also, work life balance was very good with not much late hours in the office.

About American Express

Each day, American Express makes it easier, safer and more rewarding for consumers and businesses to purchase the things they – Read more

American Express Photos