American Express Employee Reviews in Canada

Japanese Travel Councelor
JP (Former Employee) –  (Not Employee)Toronto ONAugust 9, 2013
I have not worked this company but I would like to write my review for Amex canada.
I applyed this company for a Japanese travel councelor job.
They want to have the people who is really flexible for shifts
included weekend. Also they follow the Japanese Calender it means even you have to work Canadian national holiday.(mightbe christmas too...) You don't have to talk in English but you have to speak polite Japanese.(because their custmers are high status people). The job description is the same as Japanese Amex.

I just feel kind a weird thing that I got rejection emails twice.
I got the first rejection email the next day of interview and the second one was in week later.
I have never got the a rejection letter twice!
Anyway They hire people all year around. if you are interested Japanese society, you can try it.
American Express is a productive workplace
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Markham OntarioApril 15, 2013
 Responded to 125+ incoming calls in a timely and professional manner; maximizing service and sales leads; researched and addressed credit card member inquiries and concerns adhering to call quality and monitoring procedures/guidelines
 Effectively handled account maintenance including credit related inquiries, authorizations, enrolment and cancellation of services
 Processed new accounts and applications, providing account, setting up billing disputes and referral to other departments as necessary
 Followed up on complaints, investigated issues with various departments
 Provided ongoing support and assistance to new staff as a buddy to ensure successful transition into new role
 Utilized needs assessment and effective persuasion skills to achieve departmental sales targets and goals
Cover Letter
QA Analyst (Mobile Testing) (Former Employee) –  Markham,ONOctober 3, 2013
Over Five years of Software Quality Assurance experience has provided me with a strong understanding of testing various applications on different environments. I have exceptional ability to maintain QA Standards and QA Process at all phases of Project Life Cycle. I have also implemented test and automation strategies, automation architecture and framework using functional decomposition techniques using Mercury Interactive tools like WinRunner, Quick Test Professional, TestDirector and LoadRunner. I am skilled in performing Backend Testing, Data Mapping and Data Integration testing using Data Driven Methods and SQL Query’s. I have an ability to interact with underwriters to understand the Insurance Products and Process.
fun workplace/acknowledges and rewards their employees
Customer Care Consultant (Current Employee) –  Markham, ONMarch 3, 2014
Interact with 90-100customers on a daily basis/fun place to work/one big happy family/bosses have open door policy/benefits and perks are excellent/it's a shame they are closing the US call center here in Canada very soon.
A great place to work and learn
Relationship Care Analyst/Coach (Former Employee) –  Markham, OntarioMarch 22, 2015
Throughout my tenure at American Express I have had the pleasure of working in a dynamic, fast paced environment that afforded me opportunities to learn and grow.
Workshops and numerous opportunities for promotion
Business Travel Counsellor (Former Employee) –  Sarnia, ONMarch 25, 2015
Reservations for corporate clients, air, car, hotels. Enjoyed workshops to better my chances of a better pay scale, bonuses and travel. Worked in team environment with great success.
Pros
travel
Cons
rapidly changing travel environment
Very Professional
Customer Care Professional (Former Employee) –  Markham, ONNovember 10, 2014
Always care about the employees welfare. Compensation and benefits are beyond comparison.
Overall a great company to work for
Bilingual Fraud Specialist (Former Employee) –  Markham, ONJune 4, 2012
It is a very stable company, offers great potentials for internal advancements
Pros
hire's from within
Cons
far from the city
productive workplace
Credit Analyst (Former Employee) –  Concord, ONNovember 27, 2012
Gained excellent knowledge of communicating with customers.
Team leader for 2years.
great management and a team oriented atmosphere.
Collection Agent (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 17, 2013
This company is good to work for. A typical day at work would be filled with collection phone calls, fun and excitement. Great management, good coworkers.
Pros
relax office environment
Cons
very stressful job (collection)
Corporate Culture
Operations Representative (Former Employee) –  Markham, ONFebruary 11, 2014
A typical day at work includes meetings and solving client issues.
Learned how to interact in the corporate world.
Management is top-to-bottom structured.
Great co-workers
Busy work place and team work
Customer Service & Communication (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONFebruary 15, 2013
The overall day is always under stick schedules. Communication with the customers/business partners, communication with the solution team, attending the schedules meeting, coordination with the co-workers, addressing the development and reporting and maintaining priorities.
The hardest part of the job is rescheduling of meeting as the days are defined with each days work and accommodating a new schedule is a challenge.
The most enjoyable part is the team work and achievement of success.
Pros
learning opportunity, team work
Cons
no time limit
Customer Service
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  MarkhamJanuary 19, 2013
Dealing with customers daily financial requirements
it was a very busy environment and the management was friendly
Global fast-paced environment
Manager - Global Business Performance (Former Employee) –  Markham, OntarioOctober 28, 2013
Multiitasking, multiple meetings with global teams. Learned to understand business processes globally and how they differed or were the same
Pros
global exposure
Corporate Cog
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONAugust 29, 2013
Politics rampant, fake culture, definitely a testing ground if you want to see if Corporate life is for you.
Fun while it lasted
Ticketing Clerk (Former Employee) –  OttawaMarch 5, 2015
It was a fun place to work but the constantly changing policies and procedures were hard to keep up with. They love to lay off a block of people and then hire completely new staff to replace the ones they lay off. lol
The hours and my co-workers.
Financial Services Representative/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Markham, OnMarch 16, 2015
I enjoy working at American Express and the position that i did. I enjoying dealing with our clients and helping out in any way that i could.
Pros
fitness center
I love to go back to work at this company
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Markham, ONAugust 30, 2012
A dynamic place of work, the company motivates it staff to work hard and i like that, i always look forward to go to work everyday
Excellent company to work.
Sr. IT Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Markham, ONJanuary 24, 2015
Flexible schedules.
Opportunity to learn Cutting EDGE technologies.
Globally recognized company.
Friendly colleagues, staffs & environment.
Very much enjoyed my time at American Express.
American Express
End to End Test Manager (Current Employee) –  Markham, OntarioFebruary 1, 2015
Very organized. Process oriented. Large technology teams working to build and support a great company. The organization is very supportive and enables its employees to do what is necessary to continue supporting their tech teams.

4.2