American Express Employee Reviews in Canada

Busy work place and team work
Customer Service & Communication (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONFebruary 15, 2013
The overall day is always under stick schedules. Communication with the customers/business partners, communication with the solution team, attending the schedules meeting, coordination with the co-workers, addressing the development and reporting and maintaining priorities.
The hardest part of the job is rescheduling of meeting as the days are defined with each days work and accommodating a new schedule is a challenge.
The most enjoyable part is the team work and achievement of success.
Pros
learning opportunity, team work
Cons
no time limit
Global fast-paced environment
Manager - Global Business Performance (Former Employee) –  Markham, OntarioOctober 28, 2013
Multiitasking, multiple meetings with global teams. Learned to understand business processes globally and how they differed or were the same
Pros
global exposure
Customer Service
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  MarkhamJanuary 19, 2013
Dealing with customers daily financial requirements
it was a very busy environment and the management was friendly
Corporate Cog
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONAugust 29, 2013
Politics rampant, fake culture, definitely a testing ground if you want to see if Corporate life is for you.
I love to go back to work at this company
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Markham, ONAugust 30, 2012
A dynamic place of work, the company motivates it staff to work hard and i like that, i always look forward to go to work everyday
Great company with flexible schedule, Great work and life balance
Customer Care Professional (Former Employee) –  Markham, ONMay 27, 2014
Customer-focused and deadline-driven Customer Care Professional with skills in identifying customer needs, resolving customer issues, presenting new products and supporting exceptional customer service. As part of the Amex Call Centre, gained valuable skills in meeting challenging call metrics such as response time, customer satisfaction, limited escalations, and successful call completion rates.
quiet room where you can read during lunch
Customer Service Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  markhamMarch 6, 2014
Typical day at work is taking 100 calls a day with varying requests and demands from different clients and making an effort to resolve the issues to the satisfaction of the clients, while keeping abreast of the policies and procedures. The best part of the job is talking and having fun with the co-workers and friends, all from various backgrounds and coming together and helping each other out.
Pros
customer service training
Cons
stress
everything was good
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Leader, SKAugust 20, 2012
I loved American Express it was just time for a change. The people were great
Pros
great benefits
Cons
none that i am aware of
great work place
Inbound Customer Service Rep (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONNovember 12, 2014
Love working here..everyones so friendly and understanding and upbeat.Never a dull moment.
ven if your having a bad day as soon as you walk into work you forget your worries because you have such great team leads and co workers
High Level Customer Service
Dispute Analyst (Former Employee) –  MarkhamOctober 30, 2012
Being able to help consumers resolve conflicts with merchants is very rewarding. I enjoyed training new hires the tasks and processes for the disputes business. The hardest part of the job is dealing with heavy workloads when the department downsized. The most enjoyable part of this job was working on special projects and helping employees when I was an ergonomic captain for the Joint Health and Safety Committee.
Pros
opportunities to learn new skills
Cons
unstable workload
Productive and excellent work environment
Help Desk Analyst (Current Employee) –  Markham, ONSeptember 22, 2014
AMEX is of the best fortune 500 company in the world. This company is been in the market over 160 years with consistent reputation. This company earned JD Power award more than 6 times for service excellence and it's goodwill for highest customer experience in the world.
Fun and challenging place to work with great co-workers.
Relationship Care Professional (Current Employee) –  Markham, ONSeptember 25, 2013
I would start my day at 4:30pm and immediately begin taking calls. I would adhere to my scheduled breaks and end the day at 1:00am. The calls I would service are incoming calls from American Express card holders that reside in the United States of America. I have an extensive knowledge of credit card laws, both in the U.S.A. and in Canada, and I use this knowledge to ensure I provide accurate information to the card members that call for assistance. I have learnt a lot from this position and have been able to use it within the company and provide fellow Customer Care Professionals with accurate information with my time spent assisting our Supervisor Team. During this time, I would log in and be there primarily to assist other Professionals if they needed the assistance, and I would also take escalated calls. I appreciated that this job has challenges, some times different challenges every day. Every situation is different and they can not all be handled the same way, which is why I had to use my previous and newly learnt knowledge, and utilize the resources available to me, to ensure the accuracy and efficiency of information.
Travail sous pression, expérience obtenu
Conseiller en voyages d'affaires (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCFebruary 4, 2014
American Express Canada est un bon moyen d'obtenir de l'expérience dans le voyages d'affaires et l'industrie du voyage.
Appels entrants et sortants font partie de la journée en général, aussi l'attention polie et cordial aux clients.
Pros
est situé au centre ville
Cons
beaucoup de changements difficile a suivre, mises a pied, employés qui durent une petite période dans le poste
Great place to work and continuous learning
Customer Care Professional (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONOctober 29, 2014
- Challenging environment
- High volume
- Changing dynamics
- Gaining familiarity with new products
Great place to work..
Credit card analyst/csr (Former Employee) –  Markham, ONJanuary 5, 2013
Colleagues were wonderful to work with.

I learned that teamwork was possible.
My supervisor was amazing.
My co-workers were /are like family
Hardest part of the job was sometimes turning irate customers around
I loved helping clients
Pros
there was a gym on site
Cons
micro managed
Gatestone
Collector Agent (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONAugust 15, 2014
I worked for Gatestone Co but specifically for American Express US. There is so much that I can say but it would all be negative so i will not; it takes guts and a strong back bone to work there for a long period of time and not many people will have that.
Excellent Enviornment
Customer Care Proffesional (CCP) WTS (Former Employee) –  Markham, ONNovember 6, 2013
I have learned lot of things in American Express. People in american express are great to work with. Excellent bonding with co-workers, peers and customers. I have learned in true meaning how to provide excellent customer service. The hardest part of job was high volume of calls.
Pros
the people in amex are wonderfull
Cons
worst shifts
Amex
Corporate Travel Specialist (Former Employee) –  Montreal, CanadaApril 29, 2013
• Responsible for arranging complex domestic and international business travel for air, car, rail, hotel, and limo
• Advised clients on efficient, multi-country routings for lowest available fares on preferred carriers as well as preferred hotels
• Ensured optimum customer servicing while coordinating interdepartmental responsibilities.
Fun workplace, interacted well with peers and managers
Customer care (Former Employee) –  Markham, ONNovember 27, 2012
This was a good experience for me as I learned a lot about the business aspect of life. American Express was a good company to work at, my peers and managers were proud to represent such a global brand. Everyone was easy-going and great to work with.
Pros
flexible hours, good managers, friendly peers
Cons
pay was average
Productive and fun work place
CREDIT ANALYST (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONAugust 10, 2013
Working at American Express had been a great experience. I like dealing with different type of clients and how to successfully resolve their issues and support them. Unfortunately, I was hired on a contract basis for a specific campaign, and that campaign ended.
Pros
flexibility with the schedule
Cons
have to work all weekends