American Express
1,164 reviews

American Express Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
one of the best companies to work with. Friendly and lively envionment.
Master customer care professional (Former Employee), Gurgaon, HRMay 20, 2014
the experience working with American Express was unforgettable. One of the best company to work with where the management gives you the freedom to work as well as enhance your personal growth.
Great Workplace
Customer Care Specialist (Former Employee), Greensboro, NCMay 20, 2014
• Assisted with the reconciliation of fraudulent debits being applied to customers accounts
• Assisted with the implementation of new shipping method for card replacement
• Pilot team member of the card replacement functionality being moved back to the Telephone Service Center
• Stepped in as a Temporary Team Leader for 3 weeks
• Completed research – more... project to improve the flex pay option
• Interactive Service pilot team member and later promoted to trainer of flex pay
• Provided telephone and online customer care/support within a high call volume environment (handling an average of 90 calls/internet, dispute inquiries, account reconciliation, general information and payment methods or options)
• Customer Care Coach (peer to peer monitoring)
• Team Coordinator for all special team events – less
productive good work/life balance
credit and collection analyst (Former Employee), plantation, flMay 20, 2014
Pros: good incentives and celebrate and rewards top performers
Cons: healthcare, some bad management
American Express is a productive and fun workplace with a lot of incentives, I learned to listen and then resolve issues to my best abilities, had a lot of fun and helpful coworkers, they also cater to employee with children had a on site daycare facility where employee can use as backup day care instead of having to miss days of work
The only
Digital Servicing Team: 2011 - Present (Current Employee), Plantation, FLMay 18, 2014
Pros: health care, on site day care
Cons: everything based on performance (i.e. vacation time & work schedules)
American Express is definitely a fast paced ever changing work environment. While the company provides great benefits, be ready to change your schedule every six months. Also, no one is exempt from the possibility of their job being moved over seas.

Vacation time selection and work schedule selections are based on performance rankings (90%). This is – more... normally a great concept if everyone is honest. However with possible $3000 monthly bonuses on the table, some people will do anything to reach the coveted number one spot. Leaders usually do not say anything unless their job is on the line. – less
Some of the smartest people I've ever worked with
Freelance Marketing Consultant (Former Employee), New York, NYMay 18, 2014
Together with other members of the marketing and sales teams, we sold new advertisers into the magazines. Our ad pages increased 6% while the industry overall suffered a 4% decline.
fun place to work
Transport Operator (Former Employee), Chicago, ILMay 17, 2014
Pros: excellent
Cons: excellent
great benefits and excellent job stability. fun place to work.
One of the TOP Travel agents in Pakistan. Exclusively dealing in US Visa application. GSA for PIA & ALITALIA.
Senior Finance Officer (Former Employee), IslamabadMay 17, 2014
Pros: very cooperative colleagues & seniors. a friendly atmosphere.
Cons: always overloaded an uneven distribution of work.
- Every day was a very busy day in routine. There were no chance of relaxation or break due to heavy work load.
- I learned a lot from my this job. I was looking into overall branch level accounting & managing 06 people team. In addition to my work knowledge as expressed in my CV, It helped me to communicate with my colleagues & clients in a professional – more... way.
- My co workers were very cooperative & a team of professionals.
- I think my hardest part of the job was when ever I have to deal with sales team to get data in time to ensure timely sales report closing.
- Most enjoyable part of the job when all work done in time. – less
strict job with high stress but has rewards
travel consultant (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLMay 16, 2014
Pros: good benefits
Cons: management needs to improve
I have learned that if you do your job 100% with no negatives you can succeed but it is hard to do well in the company when the management is bad. American Express brings people in with no travel experience and try to train. The perks and pay is good but with the strictness and privacy issues concern me plus the members that call think they should be – more... promised the world. – less
Great Place To Work
Senior Executive Assistant (Current Employee), New York, NYMay 15, 2014
Pros: it was a good environment with great people
Cons: can't think of any cons at that moment
It was a pleasure to serve such an amazing company for many years.
Best company to work for
Customer Care Representative (Former Employee), Markham, ONMay 15, 2014
Every day was great, every moment was enjoyable, Great co-workers, talented people with excellent potential.
Am Ex: Best company to grow with
Analyst - Network Product Development & Management (Former Employee), PhoenixMay 15, 2014
Pros: culture, growth opportunity
I can't say enough about the amazing opportunities I've found within American Express. If I didn't have personal circumstances that mean relocation, I would happily spend the next 40 years with the company before drifting into retirement. The entire culture of the company is centered around doing things with the greatest degree of integrity and focusing – more... on the PEOPLE whether those people are members, merchants, or employees. A company anyone would be incredibly lucky to be employed. – less
Great place to work with wonderful co workers
Travel Counselor for American Express (Former Employee), Plantation, FLMay 15, 2014
Booking travel for Platinum and Centurion American Express Card Members. Luxury Travel, Tours, Cruises, Air, Cars and Hotels in the most wonderful locations of the world.
Challenging environment with unrealistic delivery expectations
DIRECTOR SERVICE DELIVERY MANAGEMENT (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZMay 15, 2014
Pros: nice work facilities, ample parking, challenging work
Cons: work and life balance is exceptionally hard, you must be willing to make personal sacrifices
Company leadership support ITSM but don't always understand the complicated integration and support requirements.

Conversion to new ITSM tool has created a great challenge to the teams because of the complex work environment.

Leadership drives service managers and teams to complete activities and provide results even if it means taking shortcuts and – more... not keeping the focus on quality first.

Business Customers, and first to market requirements keep this work environment exceptionally challenging. – less
No day is the same
Specialist, Business Development (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZMay 14, 2014
Pros: teammates
Cons: the hardest part of the job is once the sale is won - the setup process is a disaster
My day starts out with a quick check of my email to ensure there is nothing urgent to attend to. Then I begin researching companies I wish to partner with. I run a list of companies that have received investment from venture capital firms and I approach them to see if we could set them up with the Amex expense management program.

I learned how to flawlessly – more... read a set of detailed financial statements and learned a lot about the venture capital world and investments that are made into startup companies.

Management is focused on bringing the best out of their team. Some are hands on whilst others are a little absent.

Co-workers are great. Honest and hard working group of individuals.

The hardest part of the job is, unfortunately, after the sale is won. The setup process has multiple areas that need to be improved.

The best part of the job is meeting some of the brightest minds of America and working directly with them. – less
Amercian Express
Credit Analyst (Current Employee), 101 Mc nabb StMay 14, 2014
Working at Amex is amazing, people are very nice and professional and Amex is the number one financial institution in issuing credit cards.
handled the day to day travel arrangements for a mid sized company
Travel Consultant (Former Employee), Boxboro MAMay 14, 2014
Worked within a small team to handle all of the travel arrangements for a global company. Made travel arrangements from individuals up to approx. 500 people.
how they treated people
Business corporate travel agent (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZMay 14, 2014
they were not a people place the didnt care about family we were just a number
Busy corporate office
Business Travel Counselor (Current Employee), Merrimack, NHMay 14, 2014
Pros: 6 weeks vacation
Cons: salary/hours
I have been working for 29years in corporate travel industry. I make worldwide reservations for air, cars, hotels and limos. I am at a virtual at home schedule. I am very independant and self sufficiant. I am looking to expand in other career opportunities.
Presently unemployed (American Express Company)
Sr. Business Analyst (Former Employee), Plantation, FloridaMay 10, 2014
Company is a very good place to work for.
Flexible
Good benefits
Department was displaced, unfortunately, my position/role was impacted.
Great Brand to represent
Regional Manager (Former Employee), United StatesMay 9, 2014
This company pays well based on performance. Good Benefits.

About American Express

Each day, American Express makes it easier, safer and more rewarding for consumers and businesses to purchase the things they – Read more

American Express Photos