American Express
1,335 reviews

American Express Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Overall a great company to work for
Bilingual Fraud Specialist (Former Employee), Markham, ONJune 4, 2012
Pros: hire's from within
Cons: far from the city
It is a very stable company, offers great potentials for internal advancements
Great place to work. Abundant in growth opportunities and internal training classes.
Senior Project Manager (Former Employee), Markham, ON / Phoenix, ArizonaMay 19, 2012
My day was 95% project related. I lead finance inititives that included involvement from different parts of the organization accross the U.S. as well as Canada, England, India and South America. It was generally high stress with aggressive deliverable timelines. I enjoyed the travel and working with many culturals. The most challenging aspect of the – more... job was ensuring all communication was understood, and expectations were met, accross cultures and management groups. – less
My Life at Amex
Team Leader (Former Employee), Markham, ONMay 9, 2012
Pros: great working atmosphere, location
Cons: not enough focus on my own development
Going to work was a joy for me. Being in a leadership role truly gave me a sense of "belong" where I had the opportunity to make a difference in the lives of individuals by showing them their potential and helping them believe in themselves; elevating their confidence. Seeing the glass have full instead of half empty all the time. Putting our heads – more... together..myself and my coworkers were a team. We tried to do things collaboratively and shared best practices for the betterment of the business. Understanding the company's vision from management and being able to carry this out to my team and break it down so they can understand the big picture is something that management always looks for. How effectively can you influence your people to get the best out of them. The hardest part of my job was keeping the momentum going without losing myself in the process. You'll never have the team 100%...but I belive in the 80/20 rule. Focus on those who are willing to work hard for you and who are driving results...and keep them motivated. Those who aren't...identify issues and put an action plan in place...if necessary performance manage. The most enjoyable part of my job was to see the growth and development of people whether it be mini break throughs or huge milestones...it's a gift that I give which is the giving of myself to others to see them succeed. – less
-Perform quality control evaluations, trainings, and reporting for sales team.
Sr. Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), New York, NYNovember 17, 2014
-Directly supported VP and 4 consultant’s members of the team. -Prepared various projects using PowerPoint. -Intensive calendar management. -Prepare travel expense vouchers. -Coordinated all personal and international business travel arrangements -Booked meetings and conference rooms. -Completed expense reports for entire team. -Responsible for Staples – more... contracts. -Handled team budget reports and meetings. – less
Amazing environment to work
Identity Fraud Analyst (Former Employee), Brighton, ENGNovember 17, 2014
American Express has provided me with many years of great development opportunities
amex
BDE (TRAINER) (Former Employee), mumbai maharashtraNovember 16, 2014
good company to work with
but because of few dirt present within the system should be washed out properly.
Excellent for learning opportunities
SR. ANALYST MEMBER MARKETING (Current Employee), New York, NYNovember 14, 2014
Pros: really smart people, good culture, great opportunities.
Cons: really easy to burn out
Really smart people, good culture, great opportunities. Good flexibility if need to work from home at times, but depends on the group.
A typical day in a Client General Manager role
Client General Manager (Current Employee), SingaporeNovember 14, 2014
Pros: exposure to a variety of industries, ability to work remotely
Cons: long hours, unforgiving environment
In General a typical day would involve interacting with colleagues from the operations teams, both to troubleshoot customer service issues and also to align on service.

A fair bit of my time is taken to plan strategic initiatives and actions for my portfolio of clients. This would include action items and business plans, including business reviews.
All out fun place to work
Customer Care Professional (Former Employee), Greensboro, NCNovember 14, 2014
Pros: cafeteria, drawings, celebrations, community outreach
I highly recommend American Express. It was a great place to work. A typical day depended on taking calls for clients and handling their issues. Management was on point. They listened and cared about their employees and what each was dealing with personally as well as on the job. They advocated advancement and there was always up training for the workers. – more... We were informed of changes as soon as management was. There was nothing hard about the job at all. The trainers were great at teaching what you needed to know and management backed them up. You had great support. The enjoyable part of the job was working with everyone as a team and the functions we did outside of the job within the community. Sorry they closed their doors in Greensboro. – less
Postive Environment
Customer Service (Former Employee), Salt Lake City, UTNovember 13, 2014
The Company really believed in their employees. I worked for American Express for nine years. I only left because my husband was offered a job with a company that took us out of the state. While I was with America Express I worked in different departments and I also was there when they added a day care and after I left a gym was added for the emplyees. – more... They are always thinking of ways to help and improve their customers experience, but their emplyees as well. They are a really good company to work for. – less
Amazing Place to Work
Customer Care Professional (Former Employee), Greensboro, NCNovember 12, 2014
Pros: everything
Cons: not one
Everything about this job was amazing, from the center director to the vendors in the cafeteria..from the people directly related to my job to the people who were there to do a totally different job. You were more than just a number there and the pay and benefits were amazing.
Very focused on Business Outcomes
Director Service Delivery & Maintenance (Former Employee), NY, NYNovember 12, 2014
Pros: challenging work, great deal of satisfaction working within the company
Cons: long days
Overall a great company to work for, its leaders are among the best in the world. Truly a world class company- Very customer centric.
The company provided me with a solid job for 24 1/2 years.
Travel and Quality Service Representative (Former Employee), Phoenix AZNovember 11, 2014
If you don't like metrics you won't like this company.
This was the hardest part of my job.
Ambiente de trabajo divertido con premiaciones cada mes
Rep Account Development (Former Employee), Ciudad de México, DIFNovember 10, 2014
Pros: seguro de gastos medicos mayores
Cons: el sueldo es variable dependiendo de los cargos realizados
Horario de 9 a 6 p.m.

1.- Atender reunion con mi equipo de trabajo.
2.- Realizar un analisis del comportamiento de mi cartera mediante programas internos.
3.- Realizar llamadas para recuperacion de gastos.
4.- Atencion a tramites administrativos y gestiones de creditos con otras areas.
5.- Atencion y seguimiento a mis correos.
6.- Realizar llamadas – more... de seguimiento y nuevas negociaciones.

Me parece un gran equipo de trabajo ya que compartimos las mejores practicas de cada uno para el mejor cierre de negociaciones y es completamente un trabajo en equipo ya que todos se apoyan de todos.

La parte mas complicada es que los cierres e ingresos de dinero son muy tardados y de eso depende el bono que nos otorgaban como sueldo. El depender de otras areas para que los tramites salgan lo mas pronto posible, es mucho seguimiento.

Me gusto el trabajo en equipo y la proactividad de todos. – less
Great work life balance !!!
International CSP Portal Project Manager (Former Employee), BrightonNovember 10, 2014
Pros: flexibility, development opportunities, great benefit package
Great company to work for with excellent benefits and opportunities of development. A lot of attention is focused on the culture and the wellbeing of the employees.

If you are not set on what would you like to do , here you can learn a lot of transferable skills and work in various parts of the business including marketing , finance, Risk, Business – more... development...There is a lot of flexibility and acceptance crossing different areas of the business.

Overal a great culture , place to work , international opportunities and a lot of personal development. – less
CLRC
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Fort Lauderdale, FLNovember 9, 2014
Mentoring Program
Assist clients in developing educational goals.
Create drug awareness programs for troubled teens.
Interpersonal Relations
Extremely fantastic opportunities.
Corporate Customer Service (Corporate Advisor) (Former Employee), Phoenix,AZNovember 8, 2014
Pros: atmosphere, salary, people, management, benefits and dress code.
Cons: the parking lot.
American Express is the best call center to work for in Arizona. Management at all levels is friendly and encouraging. They have time to speak with you and follow through with their promises. The employees help each other and are willing to share their experiences and advice. The hardest part was having the courage to apply. The most enjoyable part – more... was knowing that my team leader really cared about me. – less
American Express offers many benefits for families and they are very flexible with schedules
Operation Support Business Analyst (Former Employee), Ft Lauderdale, FloridaNovember 7, 2014
American Express has 24 hour weekend schedules. When possible they are very flexible with work hours. They offer a number of benefits including child care, There medical benefits are comparable to other major companies.
Great People and a good company
Senior IT Risk and Information Security Analyst (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZNovember 7, 2014
I enjoyed my time at American Express over the last 7 years. They drive hard and fast but the ever changing environment provides a great opportunity to learn and grow.
productive place to work
Travel Counselor (Former Employee), Arlington, VANovember 7, 2014
Pros: excellent work environment
Cons: long commute
Work from 7am to 330pm - answering phones, making reservations/
Enjoyed the challenge of making reservations to remote places and the traveler being very appreciative.

Hardest part of the job was the commute.

About American Express

Each day, American Express makes it easier, safer and more rewarding for consumers and businesses to purchase the things they – Read more

American Express Photos