American Express Employee Reviews in Canada

ok
Telephone Service Center Associate (Current Employee) –  toronto onSeptember 20, 2014
call center professional performing verity of duties of call center
Goals driven environment with 100% diversity in staffing. Customer experience and sales expectations imperative
Call Centre Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Markham, OntSeptember 17, 2014
I was able to use my extensive knowledge to build teams, coached, trained and developed staff members, solve customer service and staff issues in a positive successful manner. I developed new processes to use as a guide for the Future Leader process and I maintained a positive outlook to all concerns, monthly changes in direction and an overall 'will to win' mentality.

Working with others and 'leading by example' has always been a personal asset that I have and it my greatest motivation to achieve and exceed goals and see individuals reach their potential.
Pros
job satisfaction, bonus system and working with great individuals
Cons
can't say that i would have any cons as 'long hours' eventually lead to job satisfaction, my number one motivator!
typical call centre work w/ pre-set goals to be achieved
Bi-Lingual Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Markham, ONSeptember 11, 2014
I enjoyed achieving and surpassing sales goals. Management was appreciative of the results.
Pros
possibility of advancement in long term
Cons
relatively low income
helping customers with their credit card inquiries
Sales and Customer service (Former Employee) –  Markham onSeptember 9, 2014
A call centre environment with irate, unintelligent and rude customers calling everyday with not a second to breathe between calls for 8 hours straight and being underappreciated and underpaid
Pros
good health and dental benefits package
Cons
terrible pay 2001 $13/hr downsized 2014 less than $20/hr plus long hours
Not a happy place to work
Corporate Services Operations (Former Employee) –  Markham, onAugust 24, 2014
Management allow the Leads to be rude and disrespectful to the agents. Favoritism is show to people of their own decent, also with them moving back to the USA they clearly do not care about work life balance. I have worked 16hrs straight without even a thank you. If you are looking for a safe place to work do not go here.
Pros
free parking
Cons
long hour, rude management, old computers etc
customer service
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONAugust 21, 2014
Inbound out bound call center
Fantastic work environment.
Gatestone
Collector Agent (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONAugust 15, 2014
I worked for Gatestone Co but specifically for American Express US. There is so much that I can say but it would all be negative so i will not; it takes guts and a strong back bone to work there for a long period of time and not many people will have that.
Az Cross Border Driver
AZ Cross Border Driver (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ONAugust 11, 2014
Decent company to work for... dedicated automotive supplier run and home every night
Great work environment
Customer Care Professional (Former Employee) –  Markham, ONJuly 31, 2014
Excellent Team work and Team Leaders with high motivation and professional job skills to get the job done with the main focus to drive customer satisfaction and increase share of business.
Great people to work with
Performance Analyst (Former Employee) –  Markham, ONJuly 9, 2014
I spent the last 6 years of my life working here and although there were up's and many downs the one thing that remained constant throughout my experience there was having the privilege of working with such amazing people.

If your looking for an enjoyable atmosphere thats filled with great people and hard workers than this is the place for you.
Pros
great people, onsite gym
Cons
terrible management, under paid positions
One of the finest in customer service and product improvement in the Credit Card Industry.
Subject Matter Expert / Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Markham, Ontario, CanadaJune 30, 2014
Friendly, flexible people. world class customer service. Good benefits. Career advancement possibilities. Continuous product and service improveme
Pros
very good company culture
the enjoyable part of the job,
Customer Service and Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Markham, ONJune 23, 2014
everyone in the team got everyone going, there was never a dull moment, Everyone was motivated and helped each other out.
Pros
pizza lunch every other week for achieving the goals
Great company with flexible schedule, Great work and life balance
Customer Care Professional (Former Employee) –  Markham, ONMay 27, 2014
Customer-focused and deadline-driven Customer Care Professional with skills in identifying customer needs, resolving customer issues, presenting new products and supporting exceptional customer service. As part of the Amex Call Centre, gained valuable skills in meeting challenging call metrics such as response time, customer satisfaction, limited escalations, and successful call completion rates.
Best company to work for
Customer Care Representative (Former Employee) –  Markham, ONMay 15, 2014
Every day was great, every moment was enjoyable, Great co-workers, talented people with excellent potential.
Am Ex: Best company to grow with
Analyst - Network Product Development & Management (Former Employee) –  PhoenixMay 15, 2014
I can't say enough about the amazing opportunities I've found within American Express. If I didn't have personal circumstances that mean relocation, I would happily spend the next 40 years with the company before drifting into retirement. The entire culture of the company is centered around doing things with the greatest degree of integrity and focusing on the PEOPLE whether those people are members, merchants, or employees. A company anyone would be incredibly lucky to be employed.
Pros
culture, growth opportunity
Amercian Express
Credit Analyst (Current Employee) –  101 Mc nabb StMay 14, 2014
Working at Amex is amazing, people are very nice and professional and Amex is the number one financial institution in issuing credit cards.
amax
Collect Corp/American Express - Recovery Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto,OnApril 30, 2014
Great experience! I have learned a lot and meet some amazing people.
Great Company to work for.
Senior Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Markham OntarioApril 23, 2014
Great Company to work for..
Great Staff, Diverse Staff, Well Managed.
great bunch of people to work with. a lot of layoffs though...
Customer care (Former Employee) –  markham, ontarioApril 20, 2014
loved working there when I did. great place to work and lovely people.
Productive and fun workplace
Business Development Executive (Current Employee) –  Markham, ONApril 14, 2014
Financial Services Sales & Customer Relations Professional with a progressive 14+ year career at American Express, successfully selling products and services, addressing customer issues and optimizing revenue. Recognized for superior sales and customer service results through receipt of several performance awards and incentives

4.2