American Express
1,168 reviews

American Express Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Productive and fun work place
Sr. Network Engineer (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZJune 17, 2014
I enjoyed all the day i have working there
i learned many from my seniors and colleagues
very good management
Friendly co-workers
Excellent Benefits
Customer Care Professional OPEN Small Business/LMS (Former Employee), Greensboro NC, Phoenix AZJune 17, 2014
Flexible scheduling
regular training
management is friendly
Positive Work Environment and Work Life Balance
Customer Care Professional (Current Employee), Taylorsville, UTJune 16, 2014
Currently as an American Express Employee I could not be more satisfied with the company. They treat their employees well and compensation is not bad.
Innovative company, great corporate culture
Director of Business Planning and Strategy (Current Employee), New York, NYJune 16, 2014
American Express is a well respected global brand with160+ years of history, and continues to innovate and remain competitive globally. Employees are encouraged to take risks, think out of the box, and move laterally across the organization to broaden skill sets and experiences.
Trabajo bajo presion
Customer Care clientes VIP (Former Employee), Ciudad de México, DIFJune 10, 2014
Pros: seguro de gastos medicos mayores, vales de comida y despensa
Cons: mejorar calidad de vida laboral y personal
Buena empresa, se trabaja en equipo y hay posibilidad de crecimiento a largo plazo, buen ambiente de trabajo pero falta ser mas equilibrados entre vida laboral y personal.

La carga de trabajo es mucha y en ocasines hay que estar mas tiempo en ola oficina despues de horario.

Pero enn terminos generales es muy buena empresa y tiene buenas prestaciones
Intérressant
Stage (aide comptable) (Former Employee), Nanterre, A8June 10, 2014
Chacun à ces propres tâches, collaborateur très agréable, calme
Great company
Employee and Labor Relations Manager (Current Employee), Plantation, FLJune 9, 2014
Great benefits, competetive wages and bonuses.
The HR team at is very knowledgeable and helpful.
It was a nice place to work.
Travel Agent (Former Employee), NCJune 8, 2014
It was a nice place to work. I really liked my work mate. It was a good company.
Es una muy buena empresa para trabajar y desarrollar carrera
Gerente de Productos Corporativos Mex y Arg (Former Employee), Ciudad de México, DIFJune 5, 2014
Pros: excelente sueldos y prestaciones a nivel gerencial (automovil, celular, vales de despensa y de comida, gasolina, seguro de gastos medicos mayores, seguro de vida, plan de ahorro para el retiro, bono anual de desempeño y fondo de ahorro)
Cons: despiden a las mujeres embarazadas con singular facilidad y sin consideración alguna
Hay un buen nivel de balance vida trabajo y la posibilidad de trabajar desde casa uno o dos días a la semana es genial.
Lo que mejor aprendí es como trabajar con múltiples áreas para lograr resultados y como vender tu trabajo.
La parte más difícil del trabajo era tener jefes en el extranjero que no entendían el mercado mexicano y que podían hacer poco – more... por apoyar realmente mi trabajo.
Lo mejor de Amex es que en general valoran el talento. – less
Great place to work.
Production Manager (Former Employee), New York, NYJune 5, 2014
American Express Publishing was a great place to work. It will be missed
Productive and fun place to work.
Executive Assistant (Former Employee), New York, NYJune 4, 2014
I worked for Amex for 24 years. I left the company in 2002. My last position was working for the CFO. There were no "hardest part of my job." The most enjoyable part of the job was all of it. It was my job. I went to work, I went home.
Great Place to work for.
Mailroom Clerk (Former Employee), New York, NYJune 4, 2014
I learned how to complete the inventory process and was able to visit many retail stores.
Lovely place, and then not lovely
Web Developer, Amex Publishing (Former Employee), Sixth AvenueJune 3, 2014
Pros: walk to work.
Cons: petty abuse and harassment.
The web development area was extremely dependent upon the quality of lower managers. We lost some very good people, and the inexperienced, inept characters who replaced them made the place go belly up. The two main magazines both lost their community sub-sites, and many of the special pages built during the previous few years are broken. Nearly everyone – more... who worked there in 2011 is gone now. – less
good environment
SharePoint Developer (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZJune 3, 2014
This is a company where one can work with good mind set and good hierarchy
Great Company
Stay at Home Mom (Current Employee), Manchester, NJMay 29, 2014
I had the ability to work my way from being a customer service representative to a Team Leader.
Work Learn Grow
Clerical Administration (Former Employee), New York New YourMay 29, 2014
Pros: bonus for your work
Cons: they had to move
I worked at American Express for 17 years and I each department that I worked in I gain knowledge of what was expected to our customers, it was a fast pace environment an you either sink or swim and for me it was a learning experience to combine the amount of time I take to a customer verses handling the problem but after coaching you meet your goals – more... and move on to something different. I must say with the knowledge that I have it has prepared me for any situation whether the customer is happy or sad at the end of the call they have to want to stay with the company an be happy that they called in, it's about service and that is what I have learned. Flexibility is another be ready for any and everything you never know what the next call will be and you have to adapt. Working at American Express was like family where everyone knew your name an if you needed help they were there to assist in any way, life and balance was a plus working for this company. – less
4 years of experience in Human Resource Management with Expertise in Recruitment &Resourcing. .
Client Recruitment Specialist (Current Employee), GurgaonMay 29, 2014
 Vendor Management - Empanelling new vendors / assessing vendor performance / Working with placement consultancies to close positions on priority.
 Strategizing on the organizations to target on to get the best talent pool for the respective profiles.
 Communicating the same with vendors to get the right talent pool.
 Sourcing candidates from various – more... portals like : Naukri, Monster ,Times and using the company’s internal database.
 Scheduling these candidates for interviews.
 Ensuring that candidates go through the entire interview process, explaining them each and every stage of interview.
 Rolling out the offer letter and ensuring successful on boarding of the candidates.
 Obtaining as many references as possible from the candidates.
 Ensuring good candidate experience.
 Conducting Hiring programs like walk-in and employee referral program.
 Handling Outstation Drives. – less
Highly motivated, self started and works well with others
Human Resources Coordinator (Former Employee), Plantation, FloridaMay 28, 2014
Working at American Express was great. American Express is a company with a lot of great benefits, diversity, teamwork and room for advancement.
Great company with flexible schedule, Great work and life balance
Customer Care Professional (Former Employee), Markham, ONMay 27, 2014
Customer-focused and deadline-driven Customer Care Professional with skills in identifying customer needs, resolving customer issues, presenting new products and supporting exceptional customer service. As part of the Amex Call Centre, gained valuable skills in meeting challenging call metrics such as response time, customer satisfaction, limited escalations, – more... and successful call completion rates. – less
The perfect employer.
World Service Representative (Current Employee), Sydney, NSWMay 24, 2014
Everyday is different but with the warm and friendly environment provided to us it's never dull.
Co-Workers are well trained and always at hand should you need help.
Our cardmembers are loyal and always up for a good chat or just a call to check balances, either way we have built a nice rapport with them.

About American Express

Each day, American Express makes it easier, safer and more rewarding for consumers and businesses to purchase the things they – Read more

American Express Photos