American Express Employee Reviews

Nice place to work
Bilingual/Out &In Bound Call Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJanuary 13, 2015
What I've learn at Amex, is how to work as a team. Enjoy working with people. the hardest part in that job, is when you have do telemarketting specially when call at the wrong time. I enjoyed working there, I love to help people. Amex is the nice place for people like me to work.
great place
CSR (Former Employee) –  markham, onDecember 8, 2014
It was a good work place, and would like to work for Amex again if possible,
great work place
Inbound Customer Service Rep (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONNovember 12, 2014
Love working here..everyones so friendly and understanding and upbeat.Never a dull moment.
ven if your having a bad day as soon as you walk into work you forget your worries because you have such great team leads and co workers
Very Professional
Customer Care Professional (Former Employee) –  Markham, ONNovember 10, 2014
Always care about the employees welfare. Compensation and benefits are beyond comparison.
Great place to work and continuous learning
Customer Care Professional (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONOctober 29, 2014
- Challenging environment
- High volume
- Changing dynamics
- Gaining familiarity with new products
Better paying campaign than others in the call centre
Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Brantford OntarioOctober 29, 2014
Amex recognized work difficulty by paying a wage over and above what other campaigns in the call centre were paying
Team leader operations (Former Employee) –  Markham, ONOctober 19, 2014
American Express was a great company to work for. Management is very focused on employee development and consistently work on employee satisfaction.Company had very good work environment. Very focused on bringing the best out of Individual. Ten years working for the same company is a long time, however in ten years learnt different lines of business.
great place to work
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ONOctober 2, 2014
It was a great pleasure working for these companies. The work day was as any other day. Management was very good to us. My co-workers was friendly and kind. The hardest part of the job was sometimes talking to business owners about their credit reports. The
most enjoyable part of the day was when I help someone .
Productive and excellent work environment
Help Desk Analyst (Current Employee) –  Markham, ONSeptember 22, 2014
AMEX is of the best fortune 500 company in the world. This company is been in the market over 160 years with consistent reputation. This company earned JD Power award more than 6 times for service excellence and it's goodwill for highest customer experience in the world.
ok
Telephone Service Center Associate (Current Employee) –  toronto onSeptember 20, 2014
call center professional performing verity of duties of call center
Goals driven environment with 100% diversity in staffing. Customer experience and sales expectations imperative
Call Centre Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Markham, OntSeptember 17, 2014
I was able to use my extensive knowledge to build teams, coached, trained and developed staff members, solve customer service and staff issues in a positive successful manner. I developed new processes to use as a guide for the Future Leader process and I maintained a positive outlook to all concerns, monthly changes in direction and an overall 'will to win' mentality.

Working with others and 'leading by example' has always been a personal asset that I have and it my greatest motivation to achieve and exceed goals and see individuals reach their potential.
Pros
job satisfaction, bonus system and working with great individuals
Cons
can't say that i would have any cons as 'long hours' eventually lead to job satisfaction, my number one motivator!
typical call centre work w/ pre-set goals to be achieved
Bi-Lingual Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Markham, ONSeptember 11, 2014
I enjoyed achieving and surpassing sales goals. Management was appreciative of the results.
Pros
possibility of advancement in long term
Cons
relatively low income
helping customers with their credit card inquiries
Sales and Customer service (Former Employee) –  Markham onSeptember 9, 2014
A call centre environment with irate, unintelligent and rude customers calling everyday with not a second to breathe between calls for 8 hours straight and being underappreciated and underpaid
Pros
good health and dental benefits package
Cons
terrible pay 2001 $13/hr downsized 2014 less than $20/hr plus long hours
Not a happy place to work
Corporate Services Operations (Former Employee) –  Markham, onAugust 24, 2014
Management allow the Leads to be rude and disrespectful to the agents. Favoritism is show to people of their own decent, also with them moving back to the USA they clearly do not care about work life balance. I have worked 16hrs straight without even a thank you. If you are looking for a safe place to work do not go here.
Pros
free parking
Cons
long hour, rude management, old computers etc
customer service
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONAugust 21, 2014
Inbound out bound call center
Fantastic work environment.
Gatestone
Collector Agent (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONAugust 15, 2014
I worked for Gatestone Co but specifically for American Express US. There is so much that I can say but it would all be negative so i will not; it takes guts and a strong back bone to work there for a long period of time and not many people will have that.
Az Cross Border Driver
AZ Cross Border Driver (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ONAugust 11, 2014
Decent company to work for... dedicated automotive supplier run and home every night
Great work environment
Customer Care Professional (Former Employee) –  Markham, ONJuly 31, 2014
Excellent Team work and Team Leaders with high motivation and professional job skills to get the job done with the main focus to drive customer satisfaction and increase share of business.
Great people to work with
Performance Analyst (Former Employee) –  Markham, ONJuly 9, 2014
I spent the last 6 years of my life working here and although there were up's and many downs the one thing that remained constant throughout my experience there was having the privilege of working with such amazing people.

If your looking for an enjoyable atmosphere thats filled with great people and hard workers than this is the place for you.
Pros
great people, onsite gym
Cons
terrible management, under paid positions
One of the finest in customer service and product improvement in the Credit Card Industry.
Subject Matter Expert / Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Markham, Ontario, CanadaJune 30, 2014
Friendly, flexible people. world class customer service. Good benefits. Career advancement possibilities. Continuous product and service improveme
Pros
very good company culture

4.2